PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Just Kobe making his teammates better

Bynumite
12-19-2013, 07:49 AM
In 19 games without Kobe this season, Gasol averaged 14 PPG on 14 attempts and shot 42% from the field. Last 5 games, Gasol's numbers since Kobe returned:

17 PPG on 57% shooting.

:downspin: this truth bomb spurfan.

Michael Jordan.
12-19-2013, 08:05 AM
2-4 asshole. 2 and fucking 4.

Bill_Brasky
12-19-2013, 08:57 AM
the only spin job here is lakerfan trying their darndest to convince anybody that the $48m man isn't washed up.

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Surprised theres no MVPau chants in this thread...

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Neither Pau or Kobe should be top 2-3 options on a good team, tbh..

Lakers have looked horrendous since the offense reverted back to the Pau-Kobe system..

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Neither Pau or Kobe should be top 2-3 options on a good team, tbh..

Lakers have looked horrendous since the offense reverted back to the Pau-Kobe system..

The Kobe Pau system is playoff basketball, and its proven to be succesful in the past. MDA's system is for the bench mob tbh.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
basically what we have determined is that the loss of blake/farmar outweighs the "gains" from Kobe :lmao

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2013, 01:55 PM
It was successful when Kobe was a top 3 player and Pau was a top 10 player, both in their primes:lol..

The Kobe-Pau system will only be able to defeat inept offenses, tbh..

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
It was successful when Kobe was a top 3 player and Pau was a top 10 player, both in their primes:lol..

The Kobe-Pau system will only be able to defeat inept offenses, tbh..

meh tbh..

If pau decides to play basketball, and kobe gets better at decision making, our offense will be fine. Defense in the paint is our main problem atm.

Sportcamper
12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
the only spin job here is lakerfan trying their darndest to convince anybody that the $48m man isn't washed up.

Yea Lakers should have dumped Kobe for Chris Webber like Pop tried to do to the Admiral…:lol

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1203775/thumbs/s-TIM-DUNCAN-SAD-large.jpg?6
Memo to Pop…The game is about the players not the coach…

spurraider21
our offense will be fine. Defense in the paint is our main problem atm.

this was also the case before kobe returned tbh. nothing has changed

ShowtimeFan
I'm reserving judgement til a little later this season. Kobe looked pretty good offensively the last one, but I don't think I've ever witnessed a worse defensive performance than Kobe had in the last one. There were multiple instances where he was literally guarding nobody on the low block while his man popped a wide open three with no effort on his part to close out. He was just lucky it was against the under-manned Grizz.

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 02:01 PM
this was also the case before kobe returned tbh. nothing has changed

Agreed nothing has changed, i said it was our main problem, if we can acquire a defensive presence in the paint, i.e. chandler, we will look a lot better.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Agreed nothing has changed, i said it was our main problem, if we can acquire a defensive presence in the paint, i.e. chandler, we will look a lot better.
it has to be a team philosophy thing. chandler right now is not better than Dwight was last year, and even then your defense sucked ass. besides, you have to give up Pau to pick up chandler, and they're going to make you take on JR Smith to make it happen. its not a viable solution

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
it has to be a team philosophy thing. chandler right now is not better than Dwight was last year, and even then your defense sucked ass. besides, you have to give up Pau to pick up chandler, and they're going to make you take on JR Smith to make it happen. its not a viable solution

Their only advantage is everyone thinks they suck, so that should bring them together, no one wants to be a laughing stock. I think chemistry is better this year than last, and if Pau plays consistent ball, that will free up our shooters more and more, thats a plus. As for the trade, if mitch can pull it off without smith, and not giving up pau, (jordan hill maybe plus someone) thats the only way i would think it would be beneficial imho.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Their only advantage is everyone thinks they suck, so that should bring them together, no one wants to be a laughing stock. I think chemistry is better this year than last, and if Pau plays consistent ball, that will free up our shooters more and more, thats a plus. As for the trade, if mitch can pull it off without smith, and not giving up pau, (jordan hill maybe plus someone) thats the only way i would think it would be beneficial imho.
you are a crack baby, tbh, if you think that is even a possibility

whitemamba
12-19-2013, 02:09 PM
you are a crack baby, tbh, if you think that is even a possibility

look up our trade history tbh...

ShowtimeFan
12-19-2013, 02:12 PM
The conundrum with Pau is that he's a really good offensive center, and can lock down defensively in spurts (he's had some fantastic crunch time D int the past), but he just doesn't have it in him to provide a consistent defensive anchor. Odom was literally the perfect front court pairing where they were unstoppable offensively and complimented each other well defensively. Sadly, that ship has sailed long ago.

There have been spurts of promise this year where Wes and Hill have helped cover for Pau, and Pau has actually played pretty good defense in spurts on this latest road trip. If we can have a little more consistency, this year might be fun. I'm resigned to the fact Pau won't be back after this year, so I'm just hoping for more vintage Pau the rest of the way this year.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 02:13 PM
look up our trade history tbh...
Tyson Chandler is making 14 million this year.

Jordan Hill is making 3.5

lets make this work. the knicks are not going to trade for nash, and obviously kobe and pau can't be used.

just to make salaries work, you would have to throw in the Lakers 3 next highest paid players (being Blake, Meeks, and Kaman). its not even like the lakers have a plethora of picks as their disposal to make a more attractive offer

(10k posts. i feel so accomplished :cry)

ambchang
12-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Why did the OP ignore the Toronto game where MVPau scored 7 points on 3-11 shooting due to Kobe's ballhogging? Factor that in, MVPau averaged 15.3 ppg on 52% shooting, with 2.5 assists.

Also, we all know MVPau was struggling off the gates this year, and has to round into form (not uncommon). In the 7 games prior to Kobe's return, MVPau was averaging 17ppg on 45% shooting to go along with 3 assists.

Kobestans making stuff up as they go, per par.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Why did the OP ignore the Toronto game where MVPau scored 7 points on 3-11 shooting due to Kobe's ballhogging? Factor that in, MVPau averaged 15.3 ppg on 52% shooting, with 2.5 assists.

Also, we all know MVPau was struggling off the gates this year, and has to round into form (not uncommon). In the 7 games prior to Kobe's return, MVPau was averaging 17ppg on 45% shooting to go along with 3 assists.

Kobestans making stuff up as they go, per par.
kobe just made the team better by breaking a bone in his leg tbh

Killakobe81
12-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Doesnt matter now ...
Kobe sitting and ping pong balls collecting.
Hope Lakers trade Pau and engage full tank mode ...

ambchang
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Doesnt matter now ...
Kobe sitting and ping pong balls collecting.
Hope Lakers trade Pau and engage full tank mode ...

Lakers were 10-9 without Kobe. While this may not even get them to the playoffs, it's hardly tanking.

Winning 1/3 of the games is more tank material.