PDA

View Full Version : There we beat a team with a winning record, now be quiet!

Horse
12-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Cry cry cry is all I hear around here. Try being a Redskins fan then you will appreciate our Spurs.

exstatic
12-19-2013, 08:24 AM
On the road, with a Parker tied behind our backs.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Has anyone looked and seen that OKC has four losses, two of which are against the Clips and Portland, two of the teams the Spurs also lost to? Nah that is never important is it? Sheesh...

look_at_g_shred
12-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Amen.

Chomag
12-19-2013, 10:33 AM
lol suns
lol elite team

RD2191
12-19-2013, 10:41 AM
:lmao

LoneStarState'sPride
12-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Nah, OP.

Meltdowns over December basketball are FUN, dammit! :lol

look_at_g_shred
12-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey how'd you get to cuss in the thread title?

Horse
12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
It only lasted a little while they fixed it.

jon123spurs
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Great signature btw. Wow!

PlayNando
12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
We actually had previously beaten a team with a winning record (Atlanta, for one), but we hadn't beaten a WC playoff team, IIRC. This is why this was our best win of the year.

Cry Havoc
12-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Has anyone looked and seen that OKC has four losses, two of which are against the Clips and Portland, two of the teams the Spurs also lost to? Nah that is never important is it? Sheesh...

How long have you been watching the Spurs that you think the regular season matters? My guess is less than two years.

gameFACE
12-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Progress, not perfection. Save perfection for SPAM.

skulls138
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM
You be quiet! Told him.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-19-2013, 11:21 PM
How long have you been watching the Spurs that you think the regular season matters? My guess is less than two years.

You took my post out of context but now I remember why I never post on here because everyone is so quick to judge on how true a fan someone is. Sorry I am still looking for my Robinson posters, cards, figures from 1993. Maybe that is not good enough for you. Piss off...

RD2191
12-19-2013, 11:29 PM
You took my post out of context but now I remember why I never post on here because everyone is so quick to judge on how true a fan someone is. Sorry I am still looking for my Robinson posters, cards, figures from 1993. Maybe that is not good enough for you. Piss off...
Burn

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Burn

Sorry in my inability to do math it was actually 1991-92 when I got my first Robinson shirt and poster. The figure came after and the cards over those few years. It was grade six 1990-1991 when I saw Robinson on my buddies shirt and started following the Spurs. Grade 7 first year on a basketball team and been rocking the 50 since. So 20+ years....

Cry Havoc
12-20-2013, 03:58 AM

So let's be clear here. What exactly did you mean with your initial post? Because it's too damned vague as it is.

polandprzem
12-20-2013, 07:52 AM
The spurs still got serious serious problems.
The way they play is nowhere near the level of a championship caliber team.

The chaos that is on the floor many times worries me. The rotation is far from being set and De colo and CoJo are out of the action. No frontcourt depth whatsoever

nahh

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-20-2013, 08:33 AM
So let's be clear here. What exactly did you mean with your initial post? Because it's too damned vague as it is.

OK, so everyone cries we are losing games to GOOD teams blah blah blah season is over, we won`t win the West, everyone else is better but I referred to the fact OKC had done the exact same thing. Fans fail to see the rest of picture and what is going on with other teams and the league. Trust me I gave up on the regular season about 6-7 years ago maybe as I had learnt what Pop does is for what happens in the playoffs and the overall of the team.

I guess what I was trying to say is fans need to chill out, and yes home court would be great but might not happen and yeah losing games sucks, but its not an indication of when it counts.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-20-2013, 08:34 AM
The spurs still got serious serious problems.
The way they play is nowhere near the level of a championship caliber team.

The chaos that is on the floor many times worries me. The rotation is far from being set and De colo and CoJo are out of the action. No frontcourt depth whatsoever

nahh

But the question is who right now is playing championship ball? The rotation changes 60 games from now when playoffs start. It is what happens between then to determine it that matters...

polandprzem
12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
But the question is who right now is playing championship ball? The rotation changes 60 games from now when playoffs start. It is what happens between then to determine it that matters...

Yea but the spurs system is about control of the ball and play. With guys like Ayers and Baynes Spurs controls jack.
Of course there is time for improvements but it would be nice to see spurs win some games with contenders rather then having trouble with medicore teams. GS are not elite team at the moment and the spurs could easily lose this game.
I know - tough schedule lately and no big 3 but still I'm far from being satisfied although I've learned to wait how it's gonna look b4 playoffs

Cry Havoc
12-20-2013, 03:45 PM
OK, so everyone cries we are losing games to GOOD teams blah blah blah season is over, we won`t win the West, everyone else is better but I referred to the fact OKC had done the exact same thing. Fans fail to see the rest of picture and what is going on with other teams and the league. Trust me I gave up on the regular season about 6-7 years ago maybe as I had learnt what Pop does is for what happens in the playoffs and the overall of the team.

I guess what I was trying to say is fans need to chill out, and yes home court would be great but might not happen and yeah losing games sucks, but its not an indication of when it counts.

Ah, totally misunderstood. I even typed up a huge rant and then reread your comment. It's still pretty vague but I get what you're saying. :lol

boutons_deux
12-20-2013, 04:25 PM
GS is currently a lottery team, treading water at 14-13.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Panic in March. BTW, the Suns suck. Don't care what any of you say, not an impressive win.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Yea but the spurs system is about control of the ball and play. With guys like Ayers and Baynes Spurs controls jack.
Of course there is time for improvements but it would be nice to see spurs win some games with contenders rather then having trouble with medicore teams. GS are not elite team at the moment and the spurs could easily lose this game.
I know - tough schedule lately and no big 3 but still I'm far from being satisfied although I've learned to wait how it's gonna look b4 playoffs

You cannot expect those two to be 10-10 guys but ones that can step in for when the others need rest. Regular season for Pop is building confidence and understanding for those type of players. They will do what they need to do in the playoffs

Cry Havoc
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
GS is currently a lottery team, treading water at 14-13.

Except one of their 3 best players has been hurt for a few weeks. They started 11-2 or something like that before Iggy went down.

Hoops Czar
12-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Except one of their 3 best players has been hurt for a few weeks. They started 11-2 or something like that before Iggy went down.

If by something like that, you meant 8-6, you'd be correct.

TheGoldStandard
12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
As long as Jeff Ayres doesn't touch the court in the playoffs or Cory Joseph and god help us if they are on the floor together at the same time.

polandprzem
12-21-2013, 01:17 PM
You cannot expect those two to be 10-10 guys but ones that can step in for when the others need rest. Regular season for Pop is building confidence and understanding for those type of players. They will do what they need to do in the playoffs

In a doghouse most probably

Cry Havoc
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
If by something like that, you meant 8-6, you'd be correct.

Well they started 8-3 and they were the only team in the West to give us problems last year. So they're definitely not as bad of a team as their record shows.

Old School 44
12-21-2013, 05:49 PM
LOL! at the edited cleaned up thread title.
It lost a little bit in translation. I don't think I have ever seen anybody on this forum use the phrase "...now be quiet!"

ThaBigFundamental21
12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Aren't the Warriors below .500?

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-21-2013, 11:02 PM
In a doghouse most probably

Time will tell....

TheGreatYacht
12-25-2013, 11:10 PM
:lmao