PDA

View Full Version : Future for the San Diego Chargers could be sunnier in San Antonio

lefty
12-20-2013, 04:49 AM
http://www.kens5.com/news/San-Diego-Chargers-future-could-be-sunnier-in-San-Antonio-236490001.html

Robz4000
12-20-2013, 05:06 AM
:lmao

spurraider21
12-20-2013, 05:12 AM
the raiders-chargers game is the closest thing i get to a local game every year. if the chargers bolt for SA, the raiders better come down to LA

Clipper Nation
12-20-2013, 10:27 AM
:lmao Keep dreaming, tbh.... if the Chargers move away from San Diego (which is pretty likely), they'll be LA bound, imho....

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Give LA the Rams back...St. Louis doesn't need an NFL team.

lefty
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
:lmao Keep dreaming, tbh.... if the Chargers move away from San Diego (which is pretty likely), they'll be LA bound, imho....

:lmao
:lol

The Gemini Method
12-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Give LA the Rams back...St. Louis doesn't need an NFL team.

That team has a bright future--too bad it is in the same division as the Seahawks and 49ers...and Cards...

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 01:21 PM
That team has a bright future--too bad it is in the same division as the Seahawks and 49ers...and Cards...
In today's NFL you can't say a team's future is bright till they've found their QB. Bradford has been good when he's played, but he's so frail and can't stay on the field.

The Gemini Method
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM
In today's NFL you can't say a team's future is bright till they've found their QB. Bradford has been good when he's played, but he's so frail and can't stay on the field.

That is true--they have a top 5 pick coming up and there's an interesting article about them on Grantland, which, has a great scenario for them to take the next leap.

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm surprised that faggot Buddy Holly didn't post this article first

thunderup
12-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I hope they take that team away from that shithole. That entire area along with the Bay Area should be cleansed via earthquake or tsunami.

td4mvp2k
12-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Acee talks like he wantz da fuk outta SD tbh :lol

Clipper Nation
12-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Acee talks like he wantz da fuk outta SD tbh :lol

Acee is just a mouthpiece for the Chargers, so you can tell through his comments that the Spanos family is pissed about Chargerfan not rewarding the mediocrity they've fielded over most of their time as owners with an expensive new stadium :lol

Holden_Caulfield
12-20-2013, 03:58 PM
theyll be the best football team in Texas :lol

Trainwreck2100
12-20-2013, 04:23 PM
does perry's buddy still need a new stadium?

irishock
12-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope they take that team away from that shithole. That entire area along with the Bay Area should be cleansed via earthquake or tsunami.

Especially Clipper Nation

baseline bum
12-20-2013, 05:33 PM
:lmao NFL in San Antonio :lmao

If we couldn't loot the Saints after their building got turned into the nastiest housing project in the nation how are we supposed to land a team from a quality city?

FkLA
12-20-2013, 05:34 PM
fuck the nfl tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synvkCV3kkY

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 06:09 PM
They wouldn't move to the Modome without promises of millions of dollars of upgrades or a totally new stadium. That place is already obsolete by NFL standards.

crofl at LA's still not able to get its shit together.

The Gemini Method
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
They wouldn't move to the Modome without promises of millions of dollars of upgrades or a totally new stadium. That place is already obsolete by NFL standards.

crofl at LA's still not able to get its shit together.

Yeah the whole L.A sit is hilarity...

DJR210
12-20-2013, 06:33 PM
:lmao NFL in San Antonio :lmao

If we couldn't loot the Saints after their building got turned into the nastiest housing project in the nation how are we supposed to land a team from a quality city?

There was no possible way that would have happened. Right after Katrina, move the team somewhere else? You would have had even more people wading through 6 feet of water to steal Jordans. Would have been a big PR issue for Red McCombs.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
The league put the kibosh on the Saints move before things got too far along. There is no way they would have let NOLA get kicked while it was down.

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 12:27 AM
The league put the kibosh on the Saints move before things got too far along. There is no way they would have let NOLA get kicked while it was down.

son don't forget the fact that San Antonio didn't come out and support the NFL games there either. they didn't come close to selling out any of the three games...

Alamodome maximum capacity for American football -72,000

Game 1 Attendance - 58,688
Game 2 Attendance - 65,562
Game 3 Attendance - 63,747

regardless of Katrina or not New Orleans would never lose the Saints. even in the shitty years the fan support has been strong. hell the year before Katrina when the Saints were a shitty 7-9 team they sold out all but one of their home games. nowadays since 2006 the dome has been expanded twice for extra seating (up to 72,000ish now), season tickets literally sellout the entire dome, and the waiting list for season tickets is over 60,000 deep.

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 12:35 AM
oh and to add to the above ...

personally I think that San Antonio deserves a MLS team before anything else. that city loves soccer and MLS would certainly thrive there.

aside from that, San Antonio needs to worry about getting the second market demand for Spurs tickets higher than .50-.75 cents before they get serious about bringing in a NFL franchise.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2013, 12:36 AM
son don't forget the fact that San Antonio didn't come out and support the NFL games there either. they didn't come close to selling out any of the three games...

regardless of Katrina or not New Orleans would never lose the Saints. even in the shitty years the fan support has been strong. hell the year before Katrina when the Saints were a shitty 7-9 team they sold out all but one of their home games. nowadays since 2006 the dome has been expanded twice for extra seating (up to 72,000ish now), season tickets literally sellout the entire dome, and the waiting list for season tickets is over 60,000 deep.No reason to go to it's full capacity, your number is misleading.

And yes, winning sells tickets.

Good for the Saints, and good for Tom Benson -- he stands to make almost half a billion from the state of Louisiana over the life of his lease on top of his regular profits.

Not so great for the people of the state, really, but you guys wanted to keep the NFL.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2013, 12:37 AM
oh and to add to the above ...

personally I think that San Antonio deserves a MLS team before anything else. that city loves soccer and MLS would certainly thrive there.We'll see how the current team continues to do.

aside from that, San Antonio needs to worry about getting the second market demand for Spurs tickets higher than .50-.75 cents before they get serious about bringing in a NFL franchise.No franchise or city has ever worried about tickets that are already sold.

Biernutz
12-21-2013, 01:04 AM
The NFL will not let another team in Jerry's territory. There are more Cowboy fans
in south Texas than in the Dallas metro area. It's always Cowboys this or Cowboys
that. It's making for a lot of haters. Until Jerry gets too old to run his fantasy football
team, we will have to wait till his kids take over and screw it all up before we will have
a chance of a team. LA, London and Las Vegas don't have a team yet, and we are in
line behind them.

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 01:06 AM
The NFL will not let another team in Jerry's territory. There are more Cowboy fans
in south Texas than in the Dallas metro area. It's always Cowboys this or Cowboys
that. It's making for a lot of haters. Until Jerry gets too old to run his fantasy football
team, we will have to wait till his kids take over and screw it all up before we will have
a chance of a team. LA, London and Las Vegas don't have a team yet, so we will have
to wait.

son London will get a team before Las Vegas does.

and personally I don't want Vegas to ever get a team. there is something great about going out there in a clusterfuck of fans from all over the place betting on their teams.

baseline bum
12-21-2013, 01:06 AM

regardless of Katrina or not New Orleans would never lose the Saints. even in the shitty years the fan support has been strong. hell the year before Katrina when the Saints were a shitty 7-9 team they sold out all but one of their home games. nowadays since 2006 the dome has been expanded twice for extra seating (up to 72,000ish now), season tickets literally sellout the entire dome, and the waiting list for season tickets is over 60,000 deep.

Son they would have lost the Saints without that fat welfare check from the state.

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 01:12 AM
No reason to go to it's full capacity, your number is misleading.

And yes, winning sells tickets.

Good for the Saints, and good for Tom Benson -- he stands to make almost half a billion from the state of Louisiana over the life of his lease on top of his regular profits.

Not so great for the people of the state, really, but you guys wanted to keep the NFL.

it's not misleading. the full capacity of the Alamodome for football is 72,000. they didn't expand it because the closest they got to that number was still almost 7,000 tickets away.

Saints sold tickets before they won

Tom Benson got a sweetheart deal, but only a fool would believe that he is going to personally make almost "half a billion" from the state and just chuck it. he has constantly put tens of millions back into New Orleans and downtown. not to mention the fact that he bought the Pelicans for $300M along with tens of millions into arena upgrades, practice facilities, etc.

Biernutz
12-21-2013, 01:13 AM
son London will get a team before Las Vegas does.

and personally I don't want Vegas to ever get a team. there is something great about going out there in a clusterfuck of fans from all over the place betting on their teams.

I can see Vegas with a Football ,Baseball and basketball teams in the future. After the
first team moves there the other leagues will follow......Count on it!

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Son they would have lost the Saints without that fat welfare check from the state.

oh please.

anyone in their right mind as a business owner would consider other options when you saw the situation that the city of New Orleans was in. show me another professional sports team in a city that was in a similar situation ...... I'll wait for that answer.

no one knew what would happen to New Orleans. you can't blame Benson for looking at other options.

baseline bum
12-21-2013, 01:17 AM
oh please.

anyone in their right mind as a business owner would consider other options when you saw the situation that the city of New Orleans was in. show me another professional sports team in a city that was in a similar situation ...... I'll wait for that answer.

no one knew what would happen to New Orleans. you can't blame Benson for looking at other options.

Show me another sports league with an opening in LA. Nigga was gone without his EBT son.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2013, 01:19 AM
it's not misleading. the full capacity of the Alamodome for football is 72,000. they didn't expand it because the closest they got to that number was still almost 7,000 tickets away.

Saints sold tickets before they won

Tom Benson got a sweetheart deal, but only a fool would believe that he is going to personally make almost "half a billion" from the state and just chuck it. he has constantly put tens of millions back into New Orleans and downtown. not to mention the fact that he bought the Pelicans for $300M along with tens of millions into arena upgrades, practice facilities, etc.
Stadiums don't expand to their temporary capacity during the regular season. It's stupid and expensive.

The state is subsidizing the shit out of everything Tom built and bought there. It's just a way of hiding what used to be the direct subsidy.

We do some dumb shit in texas too but nothing like that.

Biernutz
12-21-2013, 01:20 AM
The Saints got $13 million from the state to stay. This pisses off my family
who lives near Baton Rouge. They say that the money should have
gone to the states other pro team.....LSU........

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Show me another sports league with an opening in LA. Nigga was gone without his EBT son.

lol wut?

"nigga" stayed and look what happened. lol it truly must suck to be a Houston sports fan. Astros, Rockets, Oilers ... my God.

BRHornet45
12-21-2013, 01:26 AM
The Saints got $13 million from the state to stay. This pisses off my family
who lives near Baton Rouge. They say that the money should have
gone to the states other pro team.....LSU........

lol son I'm from Baton Rouge and LSU doesn't deserve shit.

J.T.
12-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Fuck London ever getting a franchise. I think it's retarded they do a game there every year. It's National Football League, not International Football League.

leemajors
12-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Fuck London ever getting a franchise. I think it's retarded they do a game there every year. It's National Football League, not International Football League.

WLAF rising son

baseline bum
12-21-2013, 12:56 PM
BR man, do they drug test Benson every month to see if he's eligible for his benefits?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2013, 01:26 PM
BR man, do they drug test Benson every month to see if he's eligible for his benefits?

No but he has to go through a monthly Bobby Jindal exorcism :lol

http://badgals-radio.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/c985cffd28709d4b92077af50baeee86.jpg