PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Is Scott Brooks...

racm
12-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Avery Johnson 2.0?

PG for a championship team who becomes a terrible coach with a predictable playbook who somehow lands a gig coaching a supertalented team?

Clipper Nation
12-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Tbh, you could pretty much compare him to the majority of NBA coaches.... he's the generic mediocre NBA coach who does nothing but spam isos and speak in cliches and platitudes, forcing his team to win on talent alone, tbh.... he wins a lot of regular season games because his roster is better than most teams', so his job status is never in jeopardy unless they REALLY choke in the playoffs (i.e. a first-round exit)...

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2013, 10:33 AM
no system, no championship. his shitty isoball system doesn't work when the refs aren't calling a foul on every jump shot.

Baam
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Poor Popo he only had 4 HOFamers...

Coaching is overrated, I'm sure Duncan would have liked a coach that didn't try to steal the show when 28 happened...

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2013, 11:18 AM
if you don't think that the difference between really good teams that can have a good season and great teams set up for multiple years of contention is in the coaching you might be retarded

Baam
12-20-2013, 12:01 PM
if you don't think that the difference between really good teams that can have a good season and great teams set up for multiple years of contention is in the coaching you might be retarded

It's the players in the POs, Pop got sent home by an 8th seed and AJ... Coaching is good for the regular season where systems work great vs loose defenses...

Rogue
12-20-2013, 09:20 PM
at least he wouldn't be able to trade his step son Devin Harris away for a third time, even if he were Avery Johnson

Clipper Nation
12-20-2013, 09:34 PM

Coaching is overrated, I'm sure Duncan would have liked a coach that didn't try to steal the show when 28 happened...

You're too used to Pop and have clearly been spoiled, son.... the majority of coaches in this league at any given time are absolute shit, coaching is underrated honestly....

racm
12-20-2013, 10:23 PM
You're too used to Pop and have clearly been spoiled, son.... the majority of coaches in this league at any given time are absolute shit, coaching is underrated honestly....

truth bomb son, if the Dubs were coached by Pop and the Toros by Mark Jackson GS would have won by 30+

Clipper Nation
12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
truth bomb son, if the Dubs were coached by Pop and the Toros by Mark Jackson GS would have won by 30+
Seriously, as someone who had to sit through the likes of Mike Dumbleavy, Vinny, Chris Ford, etc., the idea that a lot of NBA fans have that "coaching doesn't matter" is funny to me, tbh...

Baam
12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Scott Brooks is good enough to send Popo home is all that matters... Regular season systems are just that, it's cute in the regular season against loose defenses...

KaiRMD1
12-21-2013, 03:06 AM
Scott Brooks is well on his way to being like Avery Johnson though, already made it to the finals after beating the Spurs only to lose to the heat. It didn't end well for AJ after that.

AchillesHeel
12-21-2013, 08:20 AM

:lol go back upstairs, kid

benefactor
12-21-2013, 08:21 AM
:lol go back upstairs, kid
I'm pretty well convinced he's low functioning.

Bill_Brasky
12-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Scott Brooks is good enough to send Popo home is all that matters... Regular season systems are just that, it's cute in the regular season against loose defenses...

that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. by your logic, Rick Carlisle is better than Phil Jackson.

Baam
12-21-2013, 10:14 AM
that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. by your logic, Rick Carlisle is better than Phil Jackson.

By my logic it's about the players, AJ and Brooks sent Pop home, an 8th seed sent Pop home, Spoelstra made Pop his son when he beat him with his bench... Coaching is overrated is the bottom line...

Did Pop over the course of his career overachieve in the POs? No he basically did just as expected with the incredible talent he had... His whole legacy is more about the 50 wins seasons and all that useless regular season shit...

It's hilarious how Pop sounded just like Mark Jackson against OKC with the nasty speech, guess what he lost that series.

Popo is not a god, he's a decent tutor and regular season manager, that's about it but feel free to think that he matters more than he does. 28 showed that he thinks pretty high of himself as well.

Baam
12-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Even the guys who are considered the dumb fucks of coaching know what a defensive switch is and are smart enough to put a Thabo or a Thompson on Parker and then the mastermind doesn't really have shit up his sleeve...

Baam
12-21-2013, 10:27 AM

More like Griffin is a shitty franchise player and Zbo made him his woman...

Clipper Nation
12-21-2013, 10:45 AM
More like Griffin is a shitty franchise player and Zbo made him his woman...
:lol Yes, let's just pretend that Blake didn't beat ZBo the year before and didn't get a high ankle sprain during last year's series in fucking practice because Vinny went overboard.... I guess we can just ignore Vinny overplaying a washed-up, useless Chauncey Billups, and Vinny having a gimmick defensive system based entirely around forcing turnovers that was never going to work in the playoffs....

Coaching absolutely matters, Vinny lost that series as soon as Hollins made adjustments, tbh.... if we had a real coach last year, we probably win that series.... obviously, players have to step up, but if the coach sets them up to fail with pure stupidity, they're fucked against equal or better competition most of the time....

Bill_Brasky
12-21-2013, 11:14 AM
By my logic it's about the players, AJ and Brooks sent Pop home, an 8th seed sent Pop home, Spoelstra made Pop his son when he beat him with his bench... Coaching is overrated is the bottom line...

Did Pop over the course of his career overachieve in the POs? No he basically did just as expected with the incredible talent he had... His whole legacy is more about the 50 wins seasons and all that useless regular season shit...

It's hilarious how Pop sounded just like Mark Jackson against OKC with the nasty speech, guess what he lost that series.

Popo is not a god, he's a decent tutor and regular season manager, that's about it but feel free to think that he matters more than he does. 28 showed that he thinks pretty high of himself as well.

i mean what kind of retard argument is that? "it's all about the players". guess what dumbass, this is the NBA and they're all pros. they can all play. the ones who play well coached, organized ball win championships. period.

djohn2oo8
11-11-2014, 10:33 PM
To the Bucks, Scotty??

AlexJones
11-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Avery didn't really have a super-talented team to work with. Was he a great coach? Nope, but he was good enough considering the Mavs trotted Adrian Griffin out there in the starting lineup.. and he took them further than Nellie did with Finley and Nash.

DMC
11-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Baam with the shitty retarded takes ITT

DMC
11-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Avery didn't really have a super-talented team to work with. Was he a great coach? Nope, but he was good enough considering the Mavs trotted Adrian Griffin out there in the starting lineup.. and he took them further than Nellie did with Finley and Nash.

I seem to recall Don Nelson leaving Avery about the way Jimmy Johnson left Barry Switzer.