PDA

View Full Version : Who gave Kawhi the green light?

playbonner15
12-20-2013, 02:50 PM
To shoot all those jump shots? Those were the lowest percentage shots I have ever seen :bang. Now Kawhi wants to become like Hero Ball Parker/Melo? SMH :rolleyes

Mikeanaro
12-20-2013, 02:57 PM
He needs to shoot to gain confidence and master that shit, if he never does offensive stuff he will never gain experience so leave the retard alone.

monkeypunk
12-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Getting thrown into the fire of being the main offensive weapon is what caused Paul George to elevate his game. As Mikeanaro says, if Kawhi isnt allowed to shoot freely, he'll never take that next level step.

Let the kid shoot when he's open.

apalisoc_9
12-20-2013, 03:05 PM
he took 14 shoots attempts..Terrible troll attempt

wtgspurs
12-20-2013, 03:17 PM
He waS 8/14 Last Night, not bad at all, i hope to see more of him this Saturday

Dex
12-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Pop did.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-20-2013, 03:32 PM
TBH, he needs to keep shooting. He hasn't shot nearly enough this season.

TheyCallMePro
12-20-2013, 04:27 PM
He had to do it last night. Kawhi was the best player on the floor and the ball needed to be in his hands when we were trying to come back in the 2nd quarter.

The good thing is that it won't be a trend, and for the moment it gives Kawhi confidence, which he desperately needs.

And if anything, I thought he looked reluctant taking those shots. He knew they were low percentage shots. They seemed to disgust him so much that he stopped shooting them entirely after the second quarter. His last 2 baskets were a break-away lay-up from a steal, and a post-up in the lane in the 4th.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Troll thread.

spurraider21
12-20-2013, 05:02 PM
a lot of kawhi's shots looked melo-esque though, and i'm not sure thats a good thing. it was a lot of catch the ball, pause, jab step, and pull up from midrange

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2013, 05:51 PM
He was playing with Splitter inside(no range), Bogut defending the rim and Iguodala guarding him..getting to the rim isn't as easy as you guys are making it sound, tbh:lol..

When he had opportunities to get in the paint, he took them, including setting up his teammates with a few nice dimes..

Leonard should have gotten the ball a lot more, and he better continue to get the ball when Tony is in the lineup, tbh..Iguodala is one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league, and Kawhi had virtually no problems manhandling him, tbh..

PlayNando
12-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Good luck with that, HarlemHeat. Kawhi will be relegated to a jump shooter once the Hero returns from injury and dribbles the ball for the entire shot clock before jacking up a hero or desperately passing the ball to someone else for a desperation shot as the shot clock expires, tbh.

timmy2003
12-20-2013, 08:08 PM
It takes time for Kawhi to master that skill.

DapDaGenius
12-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I hope how he performed against the Warriors is a glimpse of what he will be when the Duncan and Manu are gone.

pgardn
12-20-2013, 09:56 PM
He found out that some possessions put him in the position of the only guy who could get a decent shot off.

A startling occurrence considering Parker, Manu and Tim were chilln.

hooperflash
12-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Spurs Talk gave him the green light.

Vash StampedE
12-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't know if it's the Spurs system or whatever it is but Kawhi hasn't shown yet that he has the ballhandling skills that will allow him to get past his defenders. Most of his points comes from follow-ups and midrange-jumpshots-coming-out-of-a-pick. I think that's the reason why Parker and Duncan still gets more touches. Perhaps Pop believes that now is not yet the right time for Kawhi to be the main man. Maybe a year or 2 from now. Having said those, I'm not discarding what Kawhi brings to the table. But I think the expectations should be lowered a bit.

th3answ3r
12-20-2013, 11:22 PM
majority of those shots were jumpers off a screen. That post up on curry was nice, he should be taking that aggressive go hard in the paint mindset when playing. He shows little shot creation off the dribble

TheGoldStandard
12-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I did Thu, who cares just glad that he did. Hopefully it continues

TampaDude
12-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Kawhi = Championship shots!

cjw
12-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Iguodala is one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league, and Kawhi had virtually no problems manhandling him, tbh..

Exactly. I don't know what everyone wants out of this kid right now. He's doing just fine. People expected him to jump to the Paul George stratosphere overnight, but he's simply a different player. Efficient and doesn't have to do as much right now.