PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile’s next move could be devastating for AT&T and Verizon

lefty
12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
T-Mobile CEO John Legere hinted that his company was about to make another big splash (http://bgr.com/2013/12/18/t-mobile-uncarrier-4-teased/) in the wireless industry and if this report from TmoNews (http://www.tmonews.com/2013/12/what-if-uncarrier-4-0-is-other-carriers-early-termination-fees-covered/) is accurate then he wasn’t kidding. An unnamed source tells TmoNews that T-Mobile (http://bgr.com/tag/t-mobile) is planning an initiative that would pay off subscribers’ early termination fees if they switch from a rival carrier to T-Mobile. Specifically the source said that the company is planning “a project codenamed ‘Houdini’ which will give switchers up to $350 in credit when they switch to TMO” with a particular emphasis placed “on families switching up to 5 lines regardless of contract end dates.”
Paying off customers’ early termination fees would destroy a huge barrier to wireless subscribers switching to T-Mobile. It would also go a long way toward killing off the two-year service agreements that T-Mobile scrapped as part of its first “uncarrier” initiative. T-Mobile has become a major annoyance for incumbent carriers and earlier this year it also made moves to give customers the option of upgrading their smartphones earlier (http://bgr.com/2013/07/10/t-mobile-jump-unlimited-upgrades-smartphones/) and to offer free international data roaming (http://bgr.com/2013/10/10/t-mobile-free-international-roaming-analysis/).
T-Mobile plans to announce its next major “uncarrier” plan on January 8th at the Consumer Electronics Show so we won’t have to wait much longer to learn just what Legere and crew have up their sleeves. The company’s teaser for “Uncarrier 4.0″ follows below.

Reck
12-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Might work for abit until you realize T-Mobile fucking sucks and the other alternatives were far better.

Suspect
12-20-2013, 05:59 PM
id probably leave sprint for this tbh

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Sprint is still around?

DJR210
12-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Might work for abit until you realize T-Mobile fucking sucks and the other alternatives were far better.

Why do you think they suck? I've had T-Mobile for over two years, and I can't really find anything to complain about. They have all the top phones and services that the other carriers do as far as I know.

My main issue is being routed to India for customer service, and I get an American everytime I've had to call tech support. They even call once in a while just to check and see if everything is ok. My experience w/ them has been positive.

Sprint is still around?

Hope they disappear along with the 200.00 I owe them.

Suspect
12-20-2013, 06:45 PM
sprint is cheap and I dont talk on the phone much so I havent had a problem except when sending texts a few times in dead zones

RD2191
12-20-2013, 06:47 PM
:lolI owe around 2 grand. Sprint and their wireless 4G hotspot. 5GB my ass.

DJR210
12-20-2013, 06:49 PM
:lolI owe around 2 grand. Sprint and their wireless 4G hotspot. 5GB my ass.

LMFAO, almost a down payment on a used car over fucking overages. Crooks.

RD2191
12-20-2013, 06:52 PM
The worst part is that the contract stated my service would be cut off once overages hit $150.00. So how I ever hit 2 grand is beyond me.

Reck
12-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Why do you think they suck? I've had T-Mobile for over two years, and I can't really find anything to complain about. They have all the top phones and services that the other carriers do as far as I know.

My main issue is being routed to India for customer service, and I get an American everytime I've had to call tech support. They even call once in a while just to check and see if everything is ok. My experience w/ them has been positive.

Might be my building structure then.

I've had them and calls would get dropped all the time while inside.

Things may have changed since then. Its been a while sinve I switched.

DJR210
12-20-2013, 06:58 PM
The worst part is that the contract stated my service would be cut off once overages hit $150.00. So how I ever hit 2 grand is beyond me.

Sue the motherfuckers, it's the American dream tbh.

Might be my building structure then.

I've had them and calls would get dropped all the time while inside.

Things may have changed since then. Its been a while sinve I switched.

Yeah, those dead zones render the phone useless. I've been lucky enough to live right next to a tower so I get full signal for calls and data. If I would have come home and had shit service at my house, I would have gone straight back for a refund.

Jacob1983
12-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Prepaid with AT&T plan only 35 dollars a month for me. That's the way to go in my opinion. Get on it.

Holden_Caulfield
12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Prepaid with AT&T plan only 35 dollars a month for me. That's the way to go in my opinion. Get on it.
lol i'm switching to prepaid also

Wild Cobra
12-21-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm happy with my T-Mobile service, and had it for at least 15 years now. I still hear horror stories that people deal with concerning the other carriers.

Suspect
12-21-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm happy with my T-Mobile service, and had it for at least 15 years now. I still hear horror stories that people deal with concerning the other carriers.
google maps lets you hear them now?

Clipper Nation
12-21-2013, 11:03 AM
google maps lets you hear them now?
:lol

boutons_deux
12-21-2013, 11:31 AM
t-mobile paying off termination fees of another company is not innovative. eg, credomobile (sprint reseller) has been doing it for years.

Bill_Brasky
12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
im still with sprint, gonna ditch them if t mobile does this.

leemajors
12-21-2013, 12:04 PM
im still with sprint, gonna ditch them if t mobile does this.

sprint in Austin is painful, my lady has it.

DMX7
12-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Son... your sig is so classless. Spurs fans are supposed to be classy like our classy organization. It's kind of our shtick.

DJR210
12-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Son... your sig is so classless. Spurs fans are supposed to be classy like our classy organization. It's kind of our shtick.

:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
12-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Tmobile :lol

devastating :lmao

Tmobile :rollin

What a horrible and lazy gimmick. Was Wiggum's Choo-Choo-Choose me already taken? :lmao

Jacob1983
12-21-2013, 11:15 PM
http://img.phonescoop.com/img/p/470/h5517.jpg

BigZak
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
i've been with tmobile for a year after about 10 or so with att and i like the service. you have to pay the whole damn thing for the phone though...they charge you 20 to 25 bux a month on top of your bill to pay off the phone so there is that.

exstatic
12-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Word is that they might marry Sprint. If they get that kind of network, ATT and V = fucked.

CosmicCowboy
12-24-2013, 10:02 AM
ATT still has by far the best coverage in South and Central Texas.