PDA

View Full Version : Post office screwed up

SupremeGuy
12-20-2013, 11:08 PM
They left some shit for my neighbor at my door and I finally got around to delivering right fucking now(2-3 days later).

I knock and the dad answers, I introduce myself(family kinda new to the neighborhood), and I give him the package. Then holy fuck, he tells me that it's his daughter's insulin. :wow

I tell him holy shit, I'm glad I took it to him tonight; and that my girl is a paramedic so she's gonna freak. I walk back and tell her and our friends and everyone was like :wow

Goddamn good thing I got around to delivering that shit. Man, that's crazy.

Moral of the story: fucking post office sucks dick. My house is like 3 houses down. No idea why he left it here to begin with.

Reck
12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Somebody at your house must have accepted the package.

They cant just leave it as your front door hoping you'd trip on it so you can deliver it for them.

My idiot neighbors do this shit all the time. They order something and then they're never home when the package comes. The UPS guy comes knocking at my door asking if I could be the middlemen and give it to them when they come home blah blah.

They've never left some random package at my front door. Very strange situation you got.

Rogue
12-20-2013, 11:45 PM
postman needs your signature so the blame wouldn't be on him or his company even if the package went missing. And there's a reason why they make a living delivering shits between neighborhoods. If they had half decent work ethic when they were students they would've definitely found better jobs than knocking on 1000+ doors everyday for minimum pay. Kinda like the same treadmill job I was doing a while back, burning my throat and my freaking eyes to take 150+ calls each fucking day. Thank god I got parents who support my decisions and cover the school tuition so I'm able to continue my study, even though I'm not even fucking sure if a degree would or would not help me find a decent job. But anyway I'll never take a treadmill ever again, I'd rather fucking die than take a job like that again tbh. And yes, I admit I was pretty much a lazy ass through undergraduate years, I graduated from the most prestigious highschool in our city and enrolled at one of the top two colleges in our city, and I bungled the whole shit within 4 years in college. :cry

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 11:50 PM
even though I'm not even fucking sure if a degree would or would not help me find a decent job.

What type of degree are you pursuing?

Wild Cobra
12-21-2013, 12:03 AM

They cant just leave it as your front door hoping you'd trip on it so you can deliver it for them.

My idiot neighbors do this shit all the time. They order something and then they're never home when the package comes. The UPS guy comes knocking at my door asking if I could be the middlemen and give it to them when they come home blah blah.

They've never left some random package at my front door. Very strange situation you got.
No, many things go strait into the box. Between jobs some years back, I did a temporary Xmas season mail carrier gig. Signatures are only required if the sender pays for the extra cost. Many medicines are sent by the Postal Service.

Also, you are talking UPS. The OP is the USPS.

Rogue
12-21-2013, 12:15 AM
What type of degree are you pursuing?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224848&highlight=stranger+in+hometown

Reck
12-21-2013, 12:19 AM
No, many things go strait into the box. Between jobs some years back, I did a temporary Xmas season mail carrier gig. Signatures are only required if the sender pays for the extra cost. Many medicines are sent by the Postal Service.

Also, you are talking UPS. The OP is the USPS.

It doesn't matter if it is UPS, FEDEX or the USPS. They need some sort of concent to leave packages in your care, specially if that package isn't yours to begin with.

I've never had any weird package left in front of my door or in the inbox that aren't mine.

What's to keep the recipient from keeping whatever shit they get dumped in their mailbox for themselves if what you say is true?

Either you were a lazy fuck who didn't bother to ask for a signature or you did a poor job sticking mails in other people's shit without their permission.

Either way you were a terrible mail men.

FkLA
12-21-2013, 12:22 AM

It could be different for apartments but the guy that delivers here always leaves shit at the door. Ill be sitting on the couch, hear the door knock and by the time Im at the door the mfker is starting his truck. Doesnt seem like itd be that hard for him to accidentally leave it at the wrong place and just walk off tbh.

Reck
12-21-2013, 12:24 AM
It could be different for apartments but the guy that delivers here always leaves shit at the door. Ill be sitting on the couch, hear the door knock and by the time Im at the door the mfker is starting his truck. Doesnt seem like itd be that hard for him to accidentally leave it at the wrong place and just walk off tbh.

LOL that's fucked up and irresponsible of the guy.

Has a package gone missing and you were to blame? Seems like that could happen alot with that broken system.

Wild Cobra
12-21-2013, 12:34 AM
LOL that's fucked up and irresponsible of the guy.

Has a package gone missing and you were to blame? Seems like that could happen alot with that broken system.

They don't care if the sender doesn't pay the insurance.

Rogue
12-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Just like I said above, if those shitheads had half decent worth ethic in school they wouldn't have taken such jobs, knocking on 1000+ doors each day only to earn shitty pay.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 03:18 AM
u know PO dont make money these days doing mails, look at those privately run companies who only deal with large parcels where the money is...those fkn PO clowns cant be fucked going around a house delivering shit

ive been waiting for a month now for some online purchases, yet still hasnt delivered or fkn oxymorons dont update their t racking services, pissing me off...everyday i wait, is another day the opportunity costs that money couldve been spent for another better sale...

lefty
12-21-2013, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUqLjjKk4Y

Wild Cobra
12-21-2013, 01:06 PM
u know PO dont make money these days doing mails, look at those privately run companies who only deal with large parcels where the money is...those fkn PO clowns cant be fucked going around a house delivering shit

ive been waiting for a month now for some online purchases, yet still hasnt delivered or fkn oxymorons dont update their t racking services, pissing me off...everyday i wait, is another day the opportunity costs that money couldve been spent for another better sale...
LOL...

None of the services, UPS, Fed-X, or the USPS are that slow. Must not have been shipped yet.

leemajors
12-21-2013, 01:40 PM
It doesn't matter if it is UPS, FEDEX or the USPS. They need some sort of concent to leave packages in your care, specially if that package isn't yours to begin with.

I've never had any weird package left in front of my door or in the inbox that aren't mine.

What's to keep the recipient from keeping whatever shit they get dumped in their mailbox for themselves if what you say is true?

Either you were a lazy fuck who didn't bother to ask for a signature or you did a poor job sticking mails in other people's shit without their permission.

Kinda, door tags you sign are attached to addresses, not people. If you're renting and the previous tenant signed one, your packages are getting left regardless.

leemajors
12-21-2013, 01:41 PM
LOL...

None of the services, UPS, Fed-X, or the USPS are that slow. Must not have been shipped yet.

He doesn't live in the US and Australian post is notoriously slow.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 02:01 PM
He doesn't live in the US and Australian post is notoriously slow.

ordered fkn shit from the UK some retail site, fkn load of rubbish...says delivery is fast within UK, last thing i know isnt australia part of UK i dont care if its half way around the world, its still fkn part of the UK with queen head of state, fkn clowns still cant even deliver a parcel on time, its fkn slower then mail by sea, this is the 21st century; not the fkn 18th century bullshit

anyway b4 ordering i knew what i was gambling on since i read alot of reviews about that retail store courier service it uses to deliver its goods...

and yes we do have the retail outlet down here, but damn it charges like double or triple the price of what is sold from that store in the UK branches,

DMC
12-21-2013, 03:06 PM

Let's not get all stupid. There's a box you check when you send a package called "signature required". The alternative to what happened would be that the insulin is at the post office and they have to go get it.

It's important to track a package that you really must have, and if someone waits for their insulin to run out before getting more, they are short lived anyhow. I get meds through the mail and I've always got a month extra just for emergencies.

Drachen
12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
This is how is been for everything that I have gotten delivered in my life. It's all just left. Maybe you live in a bad zip code so the seller pays for signature service

JoeChalupa
12-27-2013, 09:47 AM
So the postal worker made a mistake? Wow. No other workers ever make mistakes!! All these people whining about their gifts not arriving on time? Cry me a river.

Biernutz
12-28-2013, 01:01 AM
I know this is a thread about the USPS but I had to say something about UPS. Last week
I had a small package on my sidewalk for a house three doors down. I took it down
to the house.Yesterday I heard the UPS truck outside my house. I heard the doorbell
ring and I opened the door to see the UPS guy heading for his truck. I looked
at the package and it was for the same house as last time. I yelled at the driver and
wrong house. He came back to get the package and said I don't know how that happened.
I have my house number on the mail box and the house. FedEX has left packages for other
houses on my door step. USPS has lost packages we sent . For the cost it takes to mail
these packages It sucks that they all can't get their shit straight. This is not only at
Christmas time. You need to put ins. on everything you send now. sucks!

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2013, 01:15 AM
hey guys if you buy shit online internationally, and you select those bargains that has free postage...

remember anything that is free delivery gets prioritize behind guys who paid for delivery when it comes to which parcel gets first dibs on international flights...since space is limited...

been 5 weeks now, and im giving them the benefit of the doubt of the holidays and NYE coming up, they be busy b4 i make any formal complaints...

bluebellmaniac
12-28-2013, 02:19 AM
The good thing is that insulin is available at any Walgreens or pharmacy without a prescription. There are 2 types. If he had run out, they could have gotten some at Walmart.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2013, 03:04 AM
here is the latest report on deliveries over the christmas

http://www.theage.com.au/business/gift-of-giving-falls-short-as-online-deliveries-miss-christmas-deadline-20131227-2zzo6.html