View Full Version : Nike Air Jordan XI Retro "Gammas" Released This Morning

DMX7
12-21-2013, 02:36 PM
You know what that means. Shit be going down at that mall:

http://instagram.com/p/iMXS0GzE4U/

FkLA
12-21-2013, 02:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbuLBIMIEAAKf29.jpg

Made for $20 in China, cost $200 in the US.

I like Jordans but I cant stand broke ass niggas that go crazy over them and spend their entire paychecks on a pair.

DMX7
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbuLBIMIEAAKf29.jpg

Made for $20 in China, cost $200 in the US.

That concept applies to a lot of things though -- not really exclusive to Jordans.

Andy
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Negroes setting themselves back every single day. Fighting over basketball shoes, seriously? They're so fucking hopeless.

DJR210
12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
:lol That shirtless fool got his ass whooped.

The 11's will always be my favorite J's. I have some Gucci J's sitting around here somewhere.

CubanSucks
12-21-2013, 04:44 PM
That concept applies to a lot of things though -- not really exclusive to Jordans.

Not for something as insignificant as shoes that no one else will notice. Jordan's don't stand out from the average shoe in the slightest

Katherine Robinson
12-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Very typical behavior; I'm sure people have been killed for shoes by these types of people.

DMX7
12-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Not for something as insignificant as shoes that no one else will notice. Jordan's don't stand out from the average shoe in the slightest

You're first sentence doesn't really make sense, and your second sentence isn't really supported by empirical evidence... considering the amount of money Nike makes off of Air Jordans tbh.

CubanSucks
12-21-2013, 09:01 PM
You're first sentence doesn't really make sense, and your second sentence isn't really supported by empirical evidence... considering the amount of money Nike makes off of Air Jordans tbh.

I was talking about its looks. They're very plain looking.

and how does my first sentence not make sense? You said "that concept applies to a lot of things" and I said "not for something as insignificant as shoes." Makes sense to me

hehateme
12-21-2013, 09:10 PM
This looks like the equivalent of white people on Black Friday.

CubanSucks
12-21-2013, 10:05 PM
This looks like the equivalent of white people on Black Friday.

Right, because getting actual valuable items for big discounts is the same as buying the most expensive shoes on the market

DMX7
12-21-2013, 10:07 PM
I was talking about its looks. They're very plain looking.

I know. I guess that's subjective. This specific pair aren't as stand out as other Air Jordans, but I don't know if the weight of MJ's endorsement alone is enough to explain their popularity. Obviously, differentiated looks have to have something to do with explaining it.

and how does my first sentence not make sense? You said "that concept applies to a lot of things" and I said "not for something as insignificant as shoes." Makes sense to me

Maybe you misunderstood what I meant. I was saying the concept of making things cheap in China and marking them up hugely for sale in the U.S. is not something exclusive to shoes. I'm not 100% sure what "not for something as insignificant as shoes" really means then. I mean most Beats headphones are probably made for $20 bucks in China and sold for $200 in the U.S. (just me speculating here, but it seems logical and I can give plenty of other examples).

hehateme
12-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Right, because getting actual valuable items for big discounts is the same as buying the most expensive shoes on the market

My response was in terms of the fighting not the items in question. Apparently that was to hard to see.

CubanSucks
12-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant. I was saying the concept of making things cheap in China and marking them up hugely for sale in the U.S. is not something exclusive to shoes. I'm not 100% sure what "not for something as insignificant as shoes" really means then. I mean most Beats headphones are probably made for $20 bucks in China and sold for $200 in the U.S. (just me speculating here, but it seems logical and I can give plenty of other examples).

I was trying to say that out of all of those items, shoes are the most absurd to get suckered into

My response was in terms of the fighting not the items in question. Apparently that was to hard to see.

Not hard at all. You can still apply what I said. As stupid as the fighting is, at least it's for limited time huge discounts on big items and not for paying full price on shoes you could get later

Bill_Brasky
12-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I honestly can't believe some people drop that kinda dough on ONE pair of shoes. They don't even look that good. Its just buying a brand just to be a trendy fuck.

And who the fuck cares if your closet is full of jordans? That's little boy status right there. A man knows the key to proper shoe game is variety....

SupremeGuy
12-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Those guys must really love shoes.