PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Whois the GOAT #6 PG?

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 05:02 PM
if the current lists top5 ranking atm in no order is
magic
stockton
thomas
payton
kidd

so who will end up no.6? or 6 belongs to walt frazier?

the current era of pg dating back to the turn of the new century till now...
nash
paul
deron
curry
parker
irving
westbrick
rose
marbury
iverson
billups
bibby

there are a few guys during the 90s i left off who could make a case also, but with little media hype and shit they will never get the credit they deserve when compared to the pgs today due to expanded media coverage and social media...mark jackson, kevin johnson, mark price, tim hardaway....i think i shouldve left out the scoring guards in a pg body aka iverson, westbrick, parker, rose, curry cause i just hate scoring pgs who love to chuck, not my ideal type of pg i want running my team...but whatever floats ur boat...

i like billups as no.6

DMC
12-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Iverson wasn't a PG you stupid wanker.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 05:22 PM
forgot to mention rondo, but during the boston super team...he only played on one side of the court...his defense was good but his offensive game was nothing to loath about, whether he benefited playiin on a super team..he held up his part when it came to h2h matchups against guys like parker, deron, paul...

Robz4000
12-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Gotta have a ring to make the list tbh. Only exceptions are Stockton and Nash who would've had one or two if not for MJ/the Spurs. If he gets a ring CP3 is top 5 easily.

Seventyniner
12-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Avery Johnson

smaka
12-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Lol what exactly have Curry, Deron, CP0, Irving done to even be on that list?

Buddy Mignon
12-21-2013, 06:44 PM
if the current lists top5 ranking atm in no order is
magic
stockton
thomas
payton
kidd

so who will end up no.6? or 6 belongs to walt frazier?

the current era of pg dating back to the turn of the new century till now...
nash
paul
deron
curry
parker
irving
westbrick
rose
marbury
iverson
billups
bibby

there are a few guys during the 90s i left off who could make a case also, but with little media hype and shit they will never get the credit they deserve when compared to the pgs today due to expanded media coverage and social media...mark jackson, kevin johnson, mark price, tim hardaway....i think i shouldve left out the scoring guards in a pg body aka iverson, westbrick, parker, rose, curry cause i just hate scoring pgs who love to chuck, not my ideal type of pg i want running my team...but whatever floats ur boat...

i like billups as no.6

Tim Hardaway

Rogue
12-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Paul should be a top 5 I think, even without a ring. No one knows if Paul will win a ring later in his career, either as a contributing member like 11' Jason Kidd or simply as a journeyman like Gary Payton. Big names can always coattail-ride a great team and get a ring the Gary Payton way if they don't care about the pay imho.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Paul should be a top 5 I think, even without a ring. No one knows if Paul will win a ring later in his career, either as a contributing member like 11' Jason Kidd or simply as a journeyman like Gary Payton. Big names can always coattail-ride a great team and get a ring the Gary Payton way if they don't care about the pay imho.

prime payton did lead his team to the finals while play goat defense on the goat...he held jordan below his playoff avgs when payton switch onto him...

baseline bum
12-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Retarded list without West, Robertson, and Archibald tbh.

Rogue
12-21-2013, 11:49 PM
OP is a flat out retard, no doubt about it, but he was only discussing the best PGs from the 90s up to this day imho

DMC
12-21-2013, 11:52 PM
You cannot say GOAT and limit it to an era since GOAT means Greatest of All Time

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 11:56 PM
well some of the younger guys i listed hasnt done much, but even when its all said and done...that 6th spot is the higest anyone can achieve only....

unless someone with a slate record comes into the league and starts winning from the get go...

steve nash has no business being no.6 but he be overtaken wherever number his at, a fkn overglorify mark price with 2 mvps is all he is who benefited in MDA system padding his fkn stats

ElNono
12-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Lebron... #6 indeed

Rogue
12-22-2013, 12:05 AM
You cannot say GOAT and limit it to an era since GOAT means Greatest of All Time
maybe he thinks GOAT only means the animal he usually has sex with, so he naturally refers to everything he loves as GOAT imho.

DMC
12-22-2013, 02:34 AM
maybe he thinks GOAT only means the animal he usually has sex with, so he naturally refers to everything he loves as GOAT imho.

I'd bet the GOAT wouldn't reciprocate that love.