PDA

View Full Version : Talent. Wins. Championships.

Aremid
12-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Unless we add another all star to this team this team is stuck at 4.

lefty
12-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Solid take imo.

Prime Time
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Spurs only have a top 3 point guard and top 5 center. Not to mention talented three point shooters and a young, athletic guard/forward who can defend/contest/rebound/score at impressive rates. Also the best coach in the game.. Lets ignore the fact we were 30 seconds from a championship, yeah we have no chance.

Way I see it is - right now Spurs are playing bad basketball. But if 21-6 = Us playing bad, I can't wait to see how we play come February-March when Spurs actually care about their rotations.

Aremid
12-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Spurs only have a top 3 point guard and top 5 center. Not to mention talented three point shooters and a young, athletic guard/forward who can defend/contest/rebound/score at impressive rates. Also the best coach in the game.. Lets ignore the fact we were 30 seconds from a championship, yeah we have no chance.

Way I see it is - right now Spurs are playing bad basketball. But if 22-6 = Us playing bad, I can't wait to see how we play come February-March when Spurs actually care about their rotations.

And okc has the second best player in the game, a top 5 pg, and a top 5 center. Their bench is better. Please tell me how we can compete?

and don't give me that thirty seconds bull shit we avoided okc to get to the finals. Think we'll be as fortunate this year?

pgardn
12-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Long rebounds, OKC.
Loose balls OKC.
Tougher D OKC.

Anyone who thinks we can win a championship with our best athlete, Leonard, is missing half a cortex.

justinandimcool
12-21-2013, 10:51 PM
You're confusing "talent" with athleticism. But anyways, you're right. We're fucked against this team. Too fucking slow. Too stuck to the ground.

Prime Time
12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
And okc has the second best player in the game, a top 5 pg, and a top 5 center. Their bench is better. Please tell me how we can compete?

and don't give me that thirty seconds bull shit we avoided okc to get to the finals. Think we'll be as fortunate this year?
OKC has a top 5 center?? The hell?

And please, Parker>Westbrook ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Jesus man, calm down. SA was without Leonard yet they were still never truly blown out in this game. You make it sound like Spurs were down 15+ the entire time.

Not to mention in their first game Spurs just couldn't buy a bucket. Damn, it's like fans forgot how the season means hardly nothing.

TheGoldStandard
12-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Embarrassing loss at home. Danny Green is worthless as a starter

Aremid
12-21-2013, 10:54 PM
OKC has a top 5 center?? The hell?

And please, Parker>Westbrook ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Jesus man, calm down. SA was without Leonard yet they were still never truly blown out in this game. You make it sound like Spurs were down 15+ the entire time.

Not to mention in their first game Spurs just couldn't buy a bucket. Damn, it's like fans forgot how the season means hardly nothing.

want to know why we miss shots? Long athletic perimeter defenders. How many layups did our guards blow because of ibaka's presence? He hits critical 3s and not even Duncan can shake him. I'd say top 5

ElNono
12-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Is this a thread about the Heat?

Prime Time
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Maybe some of you cliff jumpers should look back at 2011, when we were killing every team in December-January. From the Lakers to the Mavericks to the Thunder, etc. Just look at how bad the Spurs played last year from March-April.

Prime Time
12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
want to know why we miss shots? Long athletic perimeter defenders. How many layups did our guards blow because of ibaka's presence? He hits critical 3s and not even Duncan can shake him. I'd say top 5
:lol Thunder
:lol Ibaka a Center
:lol Backdoor swept to Grizzlies
:lol Being exploited by any team with strong chemistry
:lol Jeremy Lamb a savior
:lol Claiming them Western Conference Champs in December.
:lol Grabbing the memories of 2012 like it's their dick.

Call me if they're still playing like this 5 months, tbh.

spurtech09
12-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Maybe some of you cliff jumpers should look back at 2011, when we were killing every team in December-January. From the Lakers to the Mavericks to the Thunder, etc. Just look at how bad the Spurs played last year from March-April.
agree

Man In Black
12-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Fuck it...don't battle those bitch asses. Let their loserfest continue. 21-6 ain't bad at all.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Your right since we cannot beat OKC in December it means they won`t in the playoffs. I mean look at OKC last year when they finished 1st in the Conference and went deep into the play....oh wait....I say just tank the season and go for a lottery pick its not even worth it any more....

SpurPadre
12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
NO. Making all your free throws, not benching your Hall of Fame big, and securing a fucking rebound in under 50 seconds of a Game 6 WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Aremid
12-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Your right since we cannot beat OKC in December it means they won`t in the playoffs. I mean look at OKC last year when they finished 1st in the Conference and went deep into the play....oh wait....I say just tank the season and go for a lottery pick its not even worth it any more....

Im sure westbrook injury had nothing to do with that...

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:07 PM
:lmaono, i mean its not like they lost westbrook to an injury:lmao

.G.
12-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Embarrassing loss at home. Danny Green is worthless as a starter

That nigga's been exposed
Just run him off the three pt line and your job as a defender is complete

PingPong
12-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Danny Green was a scrub in the Cavaliers. Spurs System made him looks like a player.

mute
12-21-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm all for thrashing the Spurs for penny pinching during free agency and not addressing our needs when it's time to build for NOW, but we should have beaten Miami last year, so to say that we can't win the title is false.

timmy2003
12-21-2013, 11:34 PM
It's tough to win no.5 with current squad

mute
12-21-2013, 11:35 PM

We were hot from three in 2011. Everyone called them out on it. We were the San Antonio Suns back then. No Kwahi, Diaw, Marco, Mills... and we had a young Tiago Splitter and a washed up Richard Jefferson. I can't believe we won so many games haha

pgardn
12-21-2013, 11:38 PM
It's tough to win no.5 with current squad

We are better than last year.
We are perfectly legit, WITH Leonard.

Mikeanaro
12-21-2013, 11:48 PM
We dont have talents like Bowen or Horry anymore, and Pop is losing his mind.

Mikeanaro
12-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Legit? Leonard is playing like shit, how are they gonna win, kid doesnt even have a heart

wildchild
12-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Legit? Leonard is playing like shit, how are they gonna win, kid doesnt even have a heart

The only reason I still believe in Leonard is bc I saw him play his heart and soul out for the Spurs in big games.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:28 AM
The only reason I still believe in Leonard is bc I saw him play his heart and soul out for the Spurs in big games.
In the playoffs last season, and I hope he gets that level again we need it right now to win regular games.

Arnold Toht
12-22-2013, 01:59 AM

Thank. Christ.

BatManu20
12-22-2013, 02:49 AM
#TankForWiggins

DMC
12-22-2013, 03:22 AM

no.fucking.shit

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Hey look! Another cliff jumper thread!

MilesTeg
12-22-2013, 06:17 AM
OKC and Miami aren't more talented than us IMO. They do play a hell of a lot harder though. The problem is that there's been zero evidence so far that this team is still capable of playing at an elite level, energy wise. I don't think you can just press a switch and go back to playoff level. There needs to be some urgency starting in 2014, otherwise I can see a lot of teams that could eliminate us in the first round.

tlongII
12-22-2013, 10:11 AM
You won't beat the Thunder.

But we will.

hitmantb
12-22-2013, 11:13 AM
OKC and Miami aren't more talented than us IMO.

That is what you call in-denial, talent wise Spurs is closer to a .500 team than Miami/OKC.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-22-2013, 12:00 PM
:lmaono, i mean its not like they lost westbrook to an injury:lmao

Not worried about who they put on the floor when it comes down to it....

Bill_Brasky
12-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Talent + shuttlesworth bailing you out

Aremid
12-22-2013, 12:36 PM

That's what superstars do. Role players like green benefit from a system, but talent makes the shots that count the most

Bill_Brasky
12-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Shuttlesworth is a superstar now?

skulls138
12-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I know he didnt play but it sure would be nice to see Leonard become the all star we want him to be. Doesnt have to be a top top scorer, but whatever his style is, we need it at an all star level. Now is definitely the time.

MilesTeg
12-22-2013, 01:55 PM
That is what you call in-denial, talent wise Spurs is closer to a .500 team than Miami/OKC. Sure, "talent" wise. The only problem is that your definition of talent involves starring in a lot of commercials, whereas mine involves the ability to win games.

still.focused
12-22-2013, 02:07 PM
One thing that is pretty apparent on this board is the cliff jumpers will be out after nearly EVERY loss
Sadly the folks whom have (foolishly)convinced themselves that the regular season means absolutely nothing are just as active/adamant
Is this loss the defining moment in the defining moment in the Spurs 13-14 season? Of course not, no single loss is
But to say the Spurs have shown up against the better teams in the league would be a lie
Furthermore to admit they havent shown up, but it doesnt mean anything cuz its the regular season is bitterly asinine.
You could always assume the Spurs will right the ship and get better
But you could also assume the rest of the league would get better as well.
Spurs got work to do.......personnel work to be exact

TheGoldStandard
12-22-2013, 02:19 PM
One thing that is pretty apparent on this board is the cliff jumpers will be out after nearly EVERY loss
Sadly the folks whom have (foolishly)convinced themselves that the regular season means absolutely nothing are just as active/adamant
Is this loss the defining moment in the defining moment in the Spurs 13-14 season? Of course not, no single loss is
But to say the Spurs have shown up against the better teams in the league would be a lie
Furthermore to admit they havent shown up, but it doesnt mean anything cuz its the regular season is bitterly asinine.
You could always assume the Spurs will right the ship and get better
But you could also assume the rest of the league would get better as well.
Spurs got work to do.......personnel work to be exact

Very logical post, last night did not sour me on the season it just confirmed that the spurs need work. You could see it on Pops face after the game, short rotation and typically lineups you'd see in playoff ball minus kawhi. Last season we had Parker who was our MVP guy who could grab us a 15 point quarter and take over in key situations and this year against great teams we don't have that or have yet to see that. True it's early in the season but I dont think we are seeing players coasting, they have pride and want to win and yet when they try to dig down for it they either can't consistently hit shots or they trade baskets.

The Elite teams have someone or multiple people that can take over a game athletically when strategy and system ball is not working and we lack that. Kawhi is athletic but he doednt have the tools yet to do it consistently.

Sean Cagney
12-22-2013, 02:44 PM

But we will.You know damn well you won't.

dunkman
12-22-2013, 04:17 PM
The Spurs don't have high picks nor expandable players on high salaries to make the numbers work. The Spurs could improve at the SG or second big position, but it's unclear who could be available. It would also take a season to balance to roster and for the new player to get used to the system. The last such experiment, with RJ, failed completely miserably.

Pop has showed that his offensive system can get quality looks and it's difficult to stop, where the efficiency goes near super star level.

Aremid
12-22-2013, 05:19 PM
#TankForWiggins

The Spurs don't have high picks nor expandable players on high salaries to make the numbers work. The Spurs could improve at the SG or second big position, but it's unclear who could be available. It would also take a season to balance to roster and for the new player to get used to the system. The last such experiment, with RJ, failed completely miserably.

Pop has showed that his offensive system can get quality looks and it's difficult to stop, where the efficiency goes near super star level.

So what if RJ failed? Does that make you stop trying completely? We have bonner rotting away on the bench and finals hero Danny green. Trade some future picks try to get somebody!

DMC
12-22-2013, 05:34 PM
OKC and Miami aren't more talented than us IMO. They do play a hell of a lot harder though. The problem is that there's been zero evidence so far that this team is still capable of playing at an elite level, energy wise. I don't think you can just press a switch and go back to playoff level. There needs to be some urgency starting in 2014, otherwise I can see a lot of teams that could eliminate us in the first round.

lol

cd021
12-22-2013, 05:42 PM
You know damn well you won't.

I'm impressed, he is clearly drunk, but can still type coherently. Portland could get beat in the 1st round given GSW, Houston, or (possibly) Memphis could be their 1st round opponents.

spurs10
12-22-2013, 06:46 PM

But we will. Neither of you have ever done anything, so your posturing is weak.

Skull-1
12-22-2013, 08:55 PM
NO. Making all your free throws, not benching your Hall of Fame big, and securing a fucking rebound in under 50 seconds of a Game 6 WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

^^^^^^^^^

TampaDude
12-23-2013, 07:13 PM
:lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

Sean Cagney
12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
no.fucking.shit

:lol

look_at_g_shred
12-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Aremid
01-17-2014, 10:40 PM
bUmp!

exstatic
01-17-2014, 10:43 PM
We're missing 1/4 of our rotation, the best paint and perimeter defenders.

TampaDude
01-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Spurs = Champions

Think about that for a while.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Skull-1
01-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Spurs = Champions

Think about that for a while.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Right.... The only Spur champ last season is you-know-who for the you-know-what.

rascal
01-18-2014, 01:08 PM

Same as last year. Will need lucky injuries and good matchups to advance in the playoffs.