PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it . . .

Pages : [1] 2

TD 21
12-21-2013, 10:45 PM
They're not beating this team in a series. Yeah, the schedule has been brutal lately, Leonard's out, Parker may not be 100%, it's December, etc., but how many times do we need to see the same things against them before we stop making excuses? The ease with which the Thunder play against them speaks volumes.

It's time the front office face reality, stop hoping to get lucky and pulls off a significant trade. There may be nothing they can do to change their standing, but they need to at least try.

RD2191
12-21-2013, 10:46 PM
The Thunder would sweep the Spurs in a playoff series. Not to mention having to get by Portland or Houston. Its been a good run. Time to rebuild.

Leetonidas
12-21-2013, 10:47 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

spurraider21
familiar tune from robdiaz

mute
Spurs are done. Trade Parker for picks and start thinking about the future. Kwahi isn't a superstar in the making, either. I'd ship him out too before he leaves and we have nothing.

Blizzardwizard
12-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Spurs are done. Trade Parker for picks and start thinking about the future. Kwahi isn't a superstar in the making, either. I'd ship him out too before he leaves and we have nothing.

Can't hide RobDiaz

Two10Whitey
12-21-2013, 10:49 PM
LOL! "time to rebuild." :lmao

RD2191
I really don't care tbh. Pop's fluke offense is easily exposed against good defensive teams. You guys are in denial. Its okay tbh. At least you guys got to experience Spurs championships. No such luck for me. Oh well.

Richie
yawn. Spurstalk melting down because we played an elite perimeter scoring team without our best perimeter defender?

OKC only sealed this game with a couple threes off of offensive rebounds. We got the stops, with Kawhi maybe we get the rebound and this is a much closer game.

Spurs scored easily enough on this OKC team. Our defence can only get better with Kawhi back.

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-21-2013, 10:50 PM
I still think it's way too early for any of this talk, but Reggie Jackson has killed the Spurs twice now. The Spurs are also struggling to defend the pick and roll.

Man In Black
12-21-2013, 10:51 PM
It's obvious that Danny is not as good a defender as Kawhi Leonard. The toughness factor needs to be amped up.
TP needs to be more in control and Pop has to devise a way to work Ibaka into bad situations.

On to the next game.

I miss the old board. You NEW FUCKS are termites. We used to talk basketball here, but now this board needs TAMPAX.

Robz4000
12-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Spurs make half the layups they missed in the first they prolly win this and that's without Leonard. Don't get me wrong they need to make a trade but only for a backup 3/smallball 4.

RD2191
12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
It's obvious that Danny is not as good a defender as Kawhi Leonard. The toughness factor needs to be amped up.
TP needs to be more in control and Pop has to devise a way to work Ibaka into bad situations.

On to the next game.

I miss the old board. You NEW FUCKS are termites. We used to talk basketball here, but now this board needs TAMPAX.
:cry:cry

HI-FI
scary thing is the league has a serious hard on to hook OKC up with a Championship, so they're going to be a tough team if at full strength.

SpursRock20
Not cliff-jumping or anything, but if the Spurs truly want to make it back to the Finals, they do need to pull off a trade. As presently constructed, they will have to hope for some other team to knock off OKC. They simply won't beat them in a playoffs series this season whether they have home court advantage or not. People have been saying for awhile that we need to trade for a backup SF, but in my mind, to beat the Thunder or the Heat we will need another big that can score next to Duncan. He looks pretty damn good this season, but he has regressed just a bit from the guy who was looking to slam it on everyone just a year ago. You can say how valuable Splitter is on the defensive end all you want, but his offense is just pitiful. He has no confidence and only makes the shots that are spoon-fed to him. I don't know who the Spurs can trade for, but I'd like to see someone come in who can actually score down low.

justinandimcool
LMFAOOOOOOO using Kawhi's absence as an excuse. What about the other 4 people on the floor that are too old and slow and can't make plays against OKC's length?

RD2191
12-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Reggie Jackson is doing exactly what James Harden did for the Thunder. Unbeatable when they have a 3rd guy going.

r0drig0lac
12-21-2013, 10:53 PM
yawn. Spurstalk melting down because we played an elite perimeter scoring team without our best perimeter defender?

OKC only sealed this game with a couple threes off of offensive rebounds. We got the stops, with Kawhi maybe we get the rebound and this is a much closer game.

Spurs scored easily enough on this OKC team. Our defence can only get better with Kawhi back.I could agree if unfortunately the same thing happens every damn game against a team elite, small mistakes, defeats, Spurs can not exchange shots against elite teams for 48 minutes because they do not have a consistent scorer is athletic for such, so I wanted so much riding elis here, and so see what he is doing in dallas, maybe derrick williams (who left for anything minessota), spent many athletic guys that could be used in the system to maximize their talents

Man In Black
12-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Solid Basketball take diaz. Educated by ESPN types are the worst :rollin

TD 21
12-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Spurs scored easily enough on this OKC team. Our defence can only get better with Kawhi back.

Typical Spurs fan. Pretend the past few years of evidence against them doesn't exist, ignore the trends in those games and pretend it's a one off.

Whatever . . . you'll see in May, if this team finds a way to squeak into the WCF.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Our team lacks athleticism. Whose our most athletic player besides Leonard? Parker? 36 year old Ginobili?

Darius Bieber
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Just look at these games. We can see the Spurs have not been able to overcome the top teams. You have to beat the best to be the best.

Against OKC, 0-2.
Lost to Indiana by more than 10. (Home)
Lost to Clippers by more than 20. (Away)
Lost to Portland by 10. (Away)
Lost to Houston. (Home)

Only team the Spurs have been able to defeat, who aren't even a true elite team, are the Warriors. Both games won by 2 points and 1 point. Curry wasn't playing in the first meeting. And the Warriors just rely on three point shooting. Take that away, and they're an easy team.

ElNono
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Not worried here

Blizzardwizard
12-21-2013, 10:57 PM
We need a Mark Jackson like coach to fire this team up with prayer, best coach in the league, tbh. Per par. :cry

spurtech09
12-21-2013, 10:58 PM
cliff jumpers

EVAY
I no longer watch the games with this board on because there are too many naysayers parading as fans.

Having said that, however, I think we just saw the team to beat to get out of the West. The OKC team played beautiful basketball tonight, and let's face it, they beat us fair and square. They were smooth in their plays, they made our guys look out-of-sync too often, and they are far more athletic than we are. Franky, I thought they looked a lot like we did last year.

I don't know if we can get good enough to beat them in a series by the end of they season, but I know we need to be able to figure it out in order for us to get back to the finals. It is not gonna be easy. It may even be impossible. But we CAN play better than we did tonight.

I would like to see us start playing better really soon.

spurraider21
I really don't care tbh. Pop's fluke offense is easily exposed against good defensive teams. You guys are in denial. Its okay tbh. At least you guys got to experience Spurs championships. No such luck for me. Oh well.
what's the fluke?

spurtech09
12-21-2013, 10:59 PM
same here....spurs been on the road playing b2b.....spurs just looked slow and tired.....spurs need to refresh

r0drig0lac
12-21-2013, 10:59 PM
cliff jumpers
the worst is knowing that there are people who really believe that

Blizzardwizard
12-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Tbh, this team just needs a dose of hero ball chuckers that make all of their shots from chucking e.g. Westbrook, Curry, Ellis. What a team.

TheGoldStandard
12-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Really embarrassed for the Spurs tonight, no reason why we can't play defense. Danny Green is worthless, Boris dose pump fakes way too much on open shots. Kawhi or no kawhi Durant didn't kill us it was Westbrook and Reggie Jackson. No athletic guys who can stay in front of scorers who have length. Tiago as a defensive stalwart as he can be is useless on offense. Portland will fall off but OKC barring injury is our biggest task and I don't see a formula for winning.

Budkin
12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Josh Howard will be our savior.

PingPong
12-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Our team lacks athleticism. Whose our most athletic player besides Leonard? Parker? 36 year old Ginobili?

huh, Jeff Ayers?

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:05 PM
huh, Jeff Ayers?
:lmao

.G.
12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Solid Basketball take diaz. Educated by ESPN types are the worst :rollin

:lol

HI-FI
12-21-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't think you're a cliff jumper if you're concerned about overcoming the Thunderefs. They're more athletic than us, get a lot more help from officiating, plus if they play smarter team ball will be tough to beat. There is also a good chance they get homefield over us, and when their fans are foaming at the mouth after their evening bump of meth, it will add another obstacle.

I'm not saying Spurs cant overcome them, but it's going to be a challenge.

TampaDude
12-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Let's face it...Spurs and Pacers in the Finals. Deal with it.

.G.
12-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Let's face it...Spurs and Pacers in the Finals. Deal with it.

Barring any significant injuries

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:08 PM

r0drig0lac
12-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Let's face it...Spurs and Pacers in the Finals. Deal with it.:downspin::lobt2:

Reck
12-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Spurs will be fine.

We can look at whatever stats right now and say this or that but in the end, it means absolutely nothing as far as going into the playoffs goes.

Season is just too damn long to be laying down and calling it quits because you just got beat by a good team.

Still got 2 more games against these guys to see how we measure up this year.

Hell scratch that. Doesn't matter either as Memphis taugh us real good.

ElNono
12-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Matchup wise, I'm more concerned with the Rockets than the Thunder in the long run

testies
12-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Tonight's loss alone is not reason for worries. But if you add that we lost by 20+ to mediocre Clippers, we were being blown out by Houston and Pacers at home, and we lost to the other elite team Portland fairly, then we have immense reasons for being worried. Playoffs won't make everything change

timtonymanu
12-21-2013, 11:11 PM
I do think that right now the Spurs don't look like a championship contender, but it's still early in the season.

They do need to make a trade. Let the Thunderef have their regular season win. Its all they have going for them. :lol

PingPong
12-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Trade Splitter + some pieces for JaVaLe McGee...

cd021
12-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Like Memphis, Who was 3rd in defense last season:lmao

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Typical Spurs fan. Pretend the past few years of evidence against them doesn't exist, ignore the trends in those games and pretend it's a one off.

Whatever . . . you'll see in May, if this team finds a way to squeak into the WCF.

Two years ago this was a completely different OKC team. With Harden we would have had no chance against them, without him they are beatable.

Since they lost Harden we have gone 2-4 against them (including tonight) and in only ONE of those games did we have all four of Parker/Timmy/Manu/Kawhi. And they are even weaker than last year with the loss of Kevin Martin.

After the 2012 playoffs I couldn't see how we would ever beat them. Since they traded Harden I fancy our chances.

PingPong
12-21-2013, 11:13 PM
I cant post smiles. wtf?

bklynspursfan
12-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Kawhi being out affects this team more than I think some realize-

1. Kawhi guarding Durant allows Green (bigger defender) to guard Westbrook. Westbrook may have had just as much success, but against a smaller Parker, he got him in foul trouble and we couldn't even really throw a bigger guy on him.
2. Kawhi is obviously a great rebounder, and we had issues rebounding the ball tonight.
3. Marco starting gave us a great scoring boost. But then what happens when the 2nd unit comes in? Their bench scored 44 while we had 30. Marco coming off the bench is vital to our 2nd unit's performance. Instead many times Green was out there with the 2nd unit guys and we saw what happened when he put the ball on the floor.
4. Having Kawhi enables us to have the option to play small. Yes it's not our biggest strength but it just an added element that we didn't really have the option for. Duncan, Leonard, Belli, Manu, Parker could be effective.
5. Leonard also plays the passing lanes extremely well. We don't have someone who can deflect the ball like he does, and come up with steals.

I don't want to be "that" guy, but let's face it. Come playoff time, who is really going to remember those games in November & December? Why assume we can't beat this team in the playoffs? We had a very important piece out of the game tonight, and in our first matchup held them to 94 points while having one of our worst shooting performances of the season 39% and shooting 25% from 3.

We lost to the Clips last year 2x, 1 in a blowout, and another in a closer contest. Both before January. After the all star break, we came back in their home and won by 26. No need to overreact to stuff that's happening in November/December.

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Like Memphis, Who was 3rd in defense last season:lmao
Most games were pretty close and Memphis had one of the shittiest offenses to make the WCF in awhile. Who's gonna stop Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and now Jackson? I'll wait for it faggot.

Reck
12-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I do think that right now the Spurs don't look like a championship contender, but it's still early in the season.

They do need to make a trade. Let the Thunderef have their regular season win. Its all they have going for them. :lol

Like who?

I partly agree on a trade.

Spurs haven't made a significant trade in years now. Time to shake it up abit.

Splitter would be the one I'd ship out. Guy has reached his limitations imo.

Kidd K
12-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, it's December. It doesn't matter if we haven't peaked in December. If we're losing to the same teams in April, worry. Pre-all star break it's all about just building a good record, not proving yourself against elites.

I no longer watch the games with this board on because there are too many naysayers parading as fans.

Same, too annoying to spend much time on here during games. They're much more enjoyable without logging onto this forum.

Chomag
12-21-2013, 11:24 PM
same here....spurs been on the road playing b2b.....spurs just looked slow and tired.....spurs need to refresh

Wait, I thought they were coasting? In any-case if Spurs are already gassed I don't know what to say. Everyone minutes are very low and 4 of the Spurs starters even sat out the last game. There isnt much more you can do for rest.

If they are gassed then they are for sure in trouble.

timtonymanu
12-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Like who?

I partly agree on a trade.

Spurs haven't made a significant trade in years now. Time to shake it up abit.

Splitter would be the one I'd ship out. Guy has reached his limitations imo.

I'm holding out hope that we get Amir Johnson. :lol

I think the Spurs have a pretty good roster for the moment but they need more athletes on the team.

Disagree about Splitter. As frustrating and soft he can be sometimes, he's still the only legit big we have next to Duncan that is actually talented. Baynes and Ayres aren't anything special. I'm more content with shipping out Danny Green, who has reached his limitations.

Dverde
12-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Only idiots say rebuild now. If you are a top 4 team in the conference, you stay the course. OKC has four scorers (Durant, Westbrick, Jackson, Serge). If two of those players have a mediocre series, they could easily lose. Westbrick can make big baskets, but also makes some dumb decisions down the stretch. Spurs will live and die with the 3s. If they get hot, they can bet anybody. TP has made some clutch shots and can finish games.

timtonymanu
Yeah, it's December. It doesn't matter if we haven't peaked in December. If we're losing to the same teams in April, worry. Pre-all star break it's all about just building a good record, not proving yourself against elites.

We were even losing to teams in April last year and we still nearly won the title. I stopped taking the regular season seriously.

RD2191

timtonymanu
Matchup wise, I'm more concerned with the Rockets than the Thunder in the long run

Rockets and Blazers >> Thunder.

TampaDude
12-21-2013, 11:26 PM
We were even losing to teams in April last year and we still nearly won the title. I stopped taking the regular season seriously.

Ray Allen traveled before he shot the 3.

Man In Black
Most games were pretty close and Memphis had one of the shittiest offenses to make the WCF in awhile. Who's gonna stop Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and now Jackson? I'll wait for it faggot.

Premature ejaculation much diaz? Go wipe your hands bro. You're embarrassing yourself.

RD2191
Premature ejaculation much diaz? Go wipe your hands bro. You're embarrassing yourself.

TD 21
12-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Two years ago this was a completely different OKC team. With Harden we would have had no chance against them, without him they are beatable.

Since they lost Harden we have gone 2-4 against them (including tonight) and in only ONE of those games did we have all four of Parker/Timmy/Manu/Kawhi. And they are even weaker than last year with the loss of Kevin Martin.

After the 2012 playoffs I couldn't see how we would ever beat them. Since they traded Harden I fancy our chances.

Jackson's dribble penetration and Lamb's 3-point shooting have effectively replaced Harden. Obviously, they're not as good, but this team never needed a third elite player to beat the Spurs, so that's irrelevant.

At the time, I liked "our" chances too, but at the same time, I'm not going to be a blind, in denial homer. As I said, it's the same thing virtually every time they play.

Too many are fooled by last season's fortuitous run and irrelevant information, some of which goes back years ago.

Richie

Nobody stops Durant, only person who comes close is Westbrook. Westbrook stops himself by chucking up bad shots (Career 30% 3P shooter chucking 4.5 3s per game?). Ibaka is a nightmare for us from mid range, we just have to hope he doesn't have another freak 100% shooting game.

People are worried about Reggie Jackson? Seriously? Dude is decent but won't have me quaking in my boots come May.

Harden was the scariest person on that team with his ability to drive through the lane and make good decisions when he got there. IMO he was the most unstoppable player in that 2012 series and makes me dead a matchup with Houston.

Durant is as unstoppable shooter as there is in the league, but he's still a jumpshooter. Harden got in the lane and always scored, got the foul or both, a much scarier prospect.

RD2191
Jackson's dribble penetration and Lamb's 3-point shooting have effectively replaced Harden. Obviously, they're not as good, but this team never needed a third elite player to beat the Spurs, so that's irrelevant.

At the time, I liked "our" chances too, but at the same time, I'm not going to be a blind, in denial homer. As I said, it's the same thing virtually every time they play.

Too many are fooled by last season's fortuitous run and irrelevant information, some of which goes back years ago.

TampaDude
12-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Yeah, I don't think we're gonna get a first-round bye this time around. 2013* :lol

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Nobody stops Durant, only person who comes close is Westbrook. Westbrook stops himself by chucking up bad shots (Career 30% 3P shooter chucking 4.5 3s per game?). Ibaka is a nightmare for us from mid range, we just have to hope he doesn't have another freak 100% shooting game.

People are worried about Reggie Jackson? Seriously? Dude is decent but won't have me quaking in my boots come May.

Harden was the scariest person on that team with his ability to drive through the lane and make good decisions when he got there. IMO he was the most unstoppable player in that 2012 series and makes me dead a matchup with Houston.

Durant is as unstoppable shooter as there is in the league, but he's still a jumpshooter. Harden got in the lane and always scored, got the foul or both, a much scarier prospect.
Jackson has dropped 23 and 21 on us this season, no need to worry, tbh.

KaiRMD1
12-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Spurs are in trouble, Beli is the only one showing up. Everybody else is showing up too late

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:33 PM

At the time, I liked "our" chances too, but I'm not going to be a blind, in denial homer. As I said, it's the same thing virtually every time they play.

Reggie Jackson is a career 25% 3 point shooter. Come playoff time we will be able to exploit that and he will get figured out. The idea that Lamb and Jackson have replaced Harden, a Top 10 (perhaps even Top 5) player in the league is as ridiculous a comment as they come.

TD 21
12-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Reggie Jackson is a career 25% 3 point shooter. Come playoff time we will be able to exploit that and he will get figured out. The idea that Lamb and Jackson have replaced Harden, a Top 10 (perhaps even Top 5) player in the league is as ridiculous a comment as they come.

:lol Typical Spurs fan: Lacking reading comprehension, making excuses and living in denial.

Chomag
12-21-2013, 11:37 PM

Somewhat true but I dont see very many old fucks posting anything other then bashing on the new people these days.

Man In Black
12-21-2013, 11:38 PM
It's really simple. Danny Green is good at 2 things. Making 3's when his feet are set and then defending shorter players with his long arms. Had Kawhi played, the D matchups would have been Kawhi on KD, Green on Westbrook, Parker on Jackson, Splitter on Perkins, and Duncan on Ibaka. It's obvious that OKC athletically, they win those matchups, but even saying that, it doesn't give them a decided advantage unless the Spurs turnover the ball. Green on Durant and Parker on Westbrook was a fail. But having said that, the Spurs had their chances.

TheGoldStandard
12-21-2013, 11:41 PM
It's really simple. Danny Green is good at 2 things. Making 3's when his feet are set and then defending shorter players with his long arms. Had Kawhi played, the D matchups would have been Kawhi on KD, Green on Westbrook, Parker on Jackson, Splitter on Perkins, and Duncan on Ibaka. It's obvious that OKC athletically, they win those matchups, but even saying that, it doesn't give them a decided advantage unless the Spurs turnover the ball. Green on Durant and Parker on Westbrook was a fail. But having said that, the Spurs had their chances.

Except Danny Green is void of offensive talentbthis season and bites on too many pump fakes.

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Jackson has dropped 23 and 21 on us this season, no need to worry, tbh.

Toney Douglas scored 21 on us, you worried about him when we play Golden State? In the 26 minutes he players last season (only significant minutes in 2 games) Jackson scored a grand total of 5 points. I'll start worrying if I see in May, not December.

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:45 PM
:lol Typical Spurs fan: Lacking reading comprehension, making excuses and living in denial.

You're the opposite of a homer. You're a downer, writing us off when we have every chance of winning any series in the playoffs.

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Toney Douglas scored 21 on us, you worried about him when we play Golden State? In the 26 minutes he players last season (only significant minutes in 2 games) Jackson scored a grand total of 5 points. I'll start worrying if I see in May, not December.
:lmaoNo, I mean its not like Reggie Jackson is improving as a player this season.

RD2191
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10164164/nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-guard-reggie-jackson-too-good

RD2191
but but its a fluke

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Except Danny Green is void of offensive talentbthis season and bites on too many pump fakes.

Green has only ever been a 3&D guy. If fans expect more, they need to start lowering their expectations. He's still shooting 3s at 40% which is all you can realistically ask from him on offence. The defence will be there when we need it.

Aremid
12-21-2013, 11:48 PM

It's really simple. Okc wins those matchups and in a 7 game series that alone is a decided advantage.

Mikeanaro
12-21-2013, 11:53 PM
There wont be an important trade, front office wants to win with pennies, when was last time? 2007? that was ages ago.

Richie
12-21-2013, 11:55 PM
:lmaoNo, I mean its not like Reggie Jackson is improving as a player this season.

His per minute averages are up, but he's also getting more shots because Martin left. He's still only shooting 31% from 3, we'll see if that continues or trends back towards his 22% average of the past 2 years, but either way he's still a poor 3 point shooter by NBA standards. He's improved but lets not start telling ourselves this kid is an All Star guard who will tip the balance of a 7 game series because of a couple of good games early in the regular season.

ezau
12-21-2013, 11:56 PM
lol at cliffjumpers in December. If the Spurs ever face the Thunder in the playoffs, it'll go seven games.

RD2191
12-21-2013, 11:57 PM
lol at cliffjumpers in December. If the Spurs ever face the Thunder in the playoffs, it'll go seven games.

$pursDynasty
12-21-2013, 11:57 PM
I am just bummed right now

TheyCallMePro
12-21-2013, 11:58 PM
I think the Spurs real problem is their defensive philosophy. We tend to double the other teams best player(s) when they come inside the paint, which leaves wide-open 3 point shooters on the perimeter. You saw it all night tonight with Ibaka, Lamb, Jackson, and even Durant getting wide-open 3's because were doubling somebody important inside. How many times do we have to watch our guys running at a wide-open 3 point shooter before we change our defensive scheme?

If we can't defend one-on-one then we don't deserve to win. It makes me sick that we always rely on the other team to make mistakes (miss shots) instead of playing straight up defense and not leaving everything up to chance. Don't make them beat you. Beat them.

Aremid
12-21-2013, 11:58 PM

With okc winning game 7 in okc the way Miami won in 7 in Miami. This team needs more talent to compete

cjw
12-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I still think it's way too early for any of this talk, but Reggie Jackson has killed the Spurs twice now. The Spurs are also struggling to defend the pick and roll.

This, Reggie Jackson is the difference between this year and last (even with Westbrook, we still may have had a chance).

ElNono
12-22-2013, 12:00 AM

I dunno who's in denial. You've been telling us how flawed the Spurs are every season, yet they've been contending for at least the past two seasons.

Except for perhaps Miami, there are no loaded teams in the NBA anymore. For the Spurs it's either what we have or being a lottery team.

If you were a OKC fan, I bet you would be bitching too... "Look at all the talent we have and no rings to show for it! We should be beating an old team like the Spurs by 20!", etc etc etc

The Spurs are a work in progress, with the goal set to be the best team they can be come April. It will either work out or it won't. December games can only tell you so much.

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Tank.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 12:04 AM
With okc winning game 7 in okc the way Miami won in 7 in Miami. This team needs more talent to compete
Yeah, this guy play the Obi Wan role, but then Spurs fall and try to play it cool.
There is no enough talent on this team, they need to get a good Big, but the problem will always be Porker, dude doesnt have court vision.
Pop will never get that, thats why this team doesnt get shit since 2007, parker is not the better player.

ezau
12-22-2013, 12:07 AM

Eat more tacos and burritos, little Messican:lol

TheGoldStandard
12-22-2013, 12:08 AM
I dunno who's in denial. You've been telling us how flawed the Spurs are every season, yet they've been contending for at least the past two seasons.

Except for perhaps Miami, there are no loaded teams in the NBA anymore. For the Spurs it's either what we have or being a lottery team.

If you were a OKC fan, I bet you would be bitching too... "Look at all the talent we have and no rings to show for it! We should be beating an old team like the Spurs by 20!", etc etc etc

The Spurs are a work in progress, with the goal set to be the best team they can be come April. It will either work out or it won't. December games can only tell you so much.

Not trying to feed the trolls or anything like that but this is championship team or bust and we know this. A lot happened last year that went our way and we had a great chance to win won but last years success doesn't mean anything to this season. The only thing that does is the offseason moves that have lead us to this position over the last few years. We have a small window for continued success before either injury gets us, big 3 fall off or more teams get better thru draft and trades. We made shots tonight but defensively we are crap against teams who field good perimeter shooters and can play defense. I don't think that is something we can just flip a switch and shut down teams. Defense and rebounding win championships and we don't have enough of that.

benefactor
12-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Didn't read what the OP said, but I'm sure it had something to do with ingesting significant amounts of semen from multiple givers over a very short period of time.

RD2191
12-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Eat more tacos and burritos, little Messican:lol
:lmao:lmao

ezau
12-22-2013, 12:12 AM
:lmao:lmao

Latino:lol

Aremid
12-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Not trying to feed the trolls or anything like that but this is championship team or bust and we know this. A lot happened last year that went our way and we had a great chance to win won but last years success doesn't mean anything to this season. The only thing that does is the offseason moves that have lead us to this position over the last few years. We have a small window for continued success before either injury gets us, big 3 fall off or more teams get better thru draft and trades. We made shots tonight but defensively we are crap against teams who field good perimeter shooters and can play defense. I don't think that is something we can just flip a switch and shut down teams. Defense and rebounding win championships and we don't have enough of that..

Amen! The Biggest mistake in June 2013 wasn't a missed rebound. It was failing to trade green and splitter while their value was still high

Richie
12-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah, this guy play the Obi Wan role, but then Spurs fall and try to play it cool.
There is no enough talent on this team, they need to get a good Big, but the problem will always be Porker, dude doesnt have court vision.
Pop will never get that, thats why this team doesnt get shit since 2007, parker is not the better player.

So if Manu and Kawhi go 2/2 in Game 6 instead of both going 1/2 and we win the title, that makes Parker a better player?

Is this forum anything but trolls, idiots or both?

RD2191
12-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Latino:lol
And what? I'm 6'1 195 and would beat the fuck out of you.

ElNono
12-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Not trying to feed the trolls or anything like that but this is championship team or bust and we know this. A lot happened last year that went our way and we had a great chance to win won but last years success doesn't mean anything to this season. The only thing that does is the offseason moves that have lead us to this position over the last few years. We have a small window for continued success before either injury gets us, big 3 fall off or more teams get better thru draft and trades. We made shots tonight but defensively we are crap against teams who field good perimeter shooters and can play defense. I don't think that is something we can just flip a switch and shut down teams. Defense and rebounding win championships and we don't have enough of that.

I didn't think we played hard enough on defense tonight. Generally, the Spurs rank pretty well on D (you can always do better), so on that aspect I'm not going to knee jerk over a game or two. Sometimes the other team will just shoot well, and that is that. We've been on the other side of the same coin too.

It's just difficult to tell with this team at times. Last season we ended up losing a bunch of games at the end, and in hindsight it was clearly coasting.

We might not even end up playing OKC in the playoffs...

RD2191
12-22-2013, 12:21 AM
:wakeup

td4mvp2k
12-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Rockets and Blazers >> Thunder.:lmao

Holden_Caulfield
12-22-2013, 12:24 AM
still coasting

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 12:24 AM
So if Manu and Kawhi go 2/2 in Game 6 instead of both going 1/2 and we win the title, that makes Parker a better player?

Is this forum anything but trolls, idiots or both?
Parker was 6/26 that game, and he could made 26/26 but his playing hurts the team badly, I hate him as a point guard, dude would love to be a 6´5¨ SG and plays like one, every time he has the ball fools around and at last second if he doesnt see the shot gives you a horrible pass with no time to think, most times the ending is a big brick.
I dont care if this forum is full of trolls idiots or genius like you, there are lots of guys here who hate Porker and I am one of them.
No rings since 2007 and time is sleeping away with stubborn Pop.

Richie
12-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Parker was 6/26 that game, and he could made 26/26 but his playing hurts the team badly, I hate him as a point guard, dude would love to be a 6´5¨ SG and plays like one, every time he has the ball fools around and at last second if he doesnt see the shot gives you a horrible pass with no time to think, most times the ending is a big brick.
I dont care if this forum is full of trolls idiots or genius like you, there are lots of guys here who hate Porker and I am one of them.

The 'no rings' argument no longer holds any weight IMO. If either Kawhi or Manu go 2/2 at the line we have a ring, so to call out Pop, Parker or whoever because we haven't won a championship is nonsense. If you wanna call out Manu or Kawhi for choking those freebies, or Pop for not having Timmy in for the defensive rebounding then go ahead, but this team lead by Parker was good enough to win a championship last year.

TheGoldStandard
12-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I didn't think we played hard enough on defense tonight. Generally, the Spurs rank pretty well on D (you can always do better), so on that aspect I'm not going to knee jerk over a game or two. Sometimes the other team will just shoot well, and that is that. We've been on the other side of the same coin too.

It's just difficult to tell with this team at times. Last season we ended up losing a bunch of games at the end, and in hindsight it was clearly coasting.

This lack of defense and rebounding has been atrocious when we play teams with length which happen to be potential playoff teams we could play. It's that horrible help defense where they sag off three point shooters to protect the rim but we are leaving guys wide open for shots or giving them way too much space to put it on the floor and suck in the defense. We have Tiago and Tim who are solid interior defensive players but Pop doesn't tryst them enough to make the play. I would rather contest every shot and play man, this is a defense we are sticking too, don't see any indication of them changing this style anytime soon. We are only hoping teams miss shots. We do not go hard enough on rebounds either we stand around hoping the ball will fall into our hands.

Raven
12-22-2013, 12:35 AM
tbh aside from defensive problems, the biggest issue is that we (or pop) have been undermining our young players that should use the regular season to improve themselves. Instead they play a lot less minutes and Joseph (a valuable asset in last years playoffs sans miami) has faallen completely out of the rotation. not cool.

Richie
12-22-2013, 12:37 AM

I agree, but Kawhi is our best defender and rebounder after Timmy, it's not possible to be 100% in those areas without him. Rebounds really killed us tonight, Kawhi makes a huge difference there.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 12:38 AM
The 'no rings' argument no longer holds any weight IMO. If either Kawhi or Manu go 2/2 at the line we have a ring, so to call out Pop, Parker or whoever because we haven't won a championship is nonsense. If you wanna call out Manu or Kawhi for choking those freebies, or Pop for not having Timmy in for the defensive rebounding then go ahead, but this team lead by Parker was good enough to win a championship last year.
Of course it holds an argument, you cant live in the past, there was no 2/2.
But you keep saying the same and 2007 was a thousand years ago, parker was good enough to make 6/26 in game 6 so hero ball was no good enough to get the championship, and game 7 was horrible my friends keep laughing at me telling me how bad Porker was and fuck, they were so right dude was attacking the rim to get blocked 1068 times like he was the savior, you will never see that because when you see him play you see his points, but behind that there is a team bleeding.

dallasmaverickslose
12-22-2013, 12:43 AM
But you keep saying the same and 2007 was a thousand years ago, parker was good enough to make 6/26 in game 6 so hero ball was no good enough to get the championship, and game 7 was horrible my friends keep laughing at me telling me how bad Porker was and fuck, they were so right dude was attacking the rim to get blocked 1068 times like he was the savior, you will never see that because when you see him play you see his points, but behind that there is a team bleeding.

Don't forget Danny Green being 99% useless on offense in games 6 and 7. What was it like 1 for 18 from downtown in those games? Pathetic. If he could've shot even a fraction better we have 5 trophys. Parker sucking it up didn't help either, and yes, as a die-hard Manu fan I agree that for the most part he was not helpful.

oh and of course don't forget Tiago sucking big time against Miami. That guy should have been eating Miami's bigs for lunch. Pretty effing disappointing. I pictured that with Tiago and Timmy on the floor at the same time we would kick Miami's sorry ass. Sadly only one of them showed up (and almost made up for Tiago's lousy performance)

td4mvp2k
12-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Parker vs OKC in 2012... :lmao

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 12:46 AM
It's December and the Spurs were without their best perimeter defender.

Having Kawhi would've allowed Green to guard Westchuck and/or Jackson...pretty sure they both wouldn't have gone off. It being December, the team isn't panicked...hell the coaches are still experimenting nightly with the rotation.

Step back from the cliff.

ElNono
12-22-2013, 12:48 AM
This lack of defense and rebounding has been atrocious when we play teams with length which happen to be potential playoff teams we could play. It's that horrible help defense where they sag off three point shooters to protect the rim but we are leaving guys wide open for shots or giving them way too much space to put it on the floor and suck in the defense. We have Tiago and Tim who are solid interior defensive players but Pop doesn't tryst them enough to make the play. I would rather contest every shot and play man, this is a defense we are sticking too, don't see any indication of them changing this style anytime soon. We are only hoping teams miss shots. We do not go hard enough on rebounds either we stand around hoping the ball will fall into our hands.

But we did change it when it mattered. Last playoffs, when we played Golden State, we changed the perimeter coverage quite dramatically from Game 1 to Game 4,5,6... then we went back to our interior defense against Memphis.

You're just not going to see that on the regular season. We don't play the same team 4-5 times in a row and frankly, we're working on a different set of goals. I was much more concerned when the Spurs were ranked 10th overall in defense regardless of who we played.

There's obviously more work to do on that end. I actually been fairly disgusted with Tonys defensive effort so far, but I also think it has more to do with resting those legs more than anything else, and that's fine. But if you're already a top 5 defensive team overall, the amount of work you need to do to take it up a notch is much less than if you're average.

Like I said, not really worried right now

dallasmaverickslose
12-22-2013, 12:49 AM
But we did change it when it mattered. Last playoffs, when we played Golden State, we changed the perimeter coverage quite dramatically from Game 1 to Game 4,5,6... then we went back to our interior defense against Memphis.

You're just not going to see that on the regular season. We don't play the same team 4-5 times in a row and frankly, we're working on a different set of goals. I was much more concerned when the Spurs were ranked 10th overall in defense regardless of who we played.

There's obviously more work to do on that end. I actually been fairly disgusted with Tonys defensive effort so far, but I also think it has more to do with resting those legs more than anything else, and that's fine. But if you're already a top 5 defensive team overall, the amount of work you need to do to take it up a notch is much less than if you're average.

Like I said, not really worried right now

I'm more concerned about Danny Green's apparent regression. Absolutely no improvement on the offensive side of the ball whatsoever.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 12:50 AM
tbh aside from defensive problems, the biggest issue is that we (or pop) have been undermining our young players that should use the regular season to improve themselves. Instead they play a lot less minutes and Joseph (a valuable asset in last years playoffs sans miami) has faallen completely out of the rotation. not cool.

Joseph has played several minutes the last few games, Ayres has been wearing out the court, and Baynes (not Splitter) got the start the other night with Duncan out.

I'm not sure what games you've been watching.

Richie
12-22-2013, 12:51 AM

That's where we disagree. His play in the finals was good enough to win a championship, because we lost it based on things completely out of his control. If he plays exactly the same way but Kawhi and Manu make their free throws in Game 6 we win a title.

So take my hypothetical that we make those free throws, something that Parker has no effect on, and we won. Does that mean Parkers identical series goes from not good enough to good enough?

Similarly look at the Ray Allen 3. A make or miss there decides the championship, but its all on him. It has no effect on how well Lebron, Parker, Timmy or anyone else played, so why use the outcome of that play to judge those players when they had nothing to do with it?

ElNono
12-22-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm more concerned about Danny Green's apparent regression. Absolutely no improvement on the offensive side of the ball whatsoever.

As long as he's not afraid to keep on shooting, I don't have a problem with him. Plus now you can fall back to Belli if he's not sharp on the defensive side either. He does makes me nervous when he handles the rock though.

benefactor
12-22-2013, 12:54 AM
OP likes the penis. That is all.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 12:54 AM

I'm only worried because he thinks he's improved from last year. I'm actually fine with the 3&D role he plays. He should focus more on hitting his threes and less on his woeful dribble-drive game.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Don't forget Danny Green being 99% useless on offense in games 6 and 7. What was it like 1 for 18 from downtown in those games? Pathetic. If he could've shot even a fraction better we have 5 trophys. Parker sucking it up didn't help either, and yes, as a die-hard Manu fan I agree that for the most part he was not helpful.
Yeah, I think we talked about that when I was really pissed at Manu but right now in a new season new chances story Im worried about Green, Kawhi, and Tiago.
Manu is playing good moving the ball assisting the young guns, but if we dont have a decent Green Marco should make everything for him, Kawhi was solid and now is like dust and Tiago cant jump 2 inches off the floor and gets blocked all time, Also I dont understand how Mills plays just a few minutes dude has spark and can score lots of points but Pop is not giving him minutes, he is not a machine you can put to make 4 treys in 2 minutes and then return it to bench.
I dont know why he is afraid of eating some Porker minutes, if Patty is the 2nd guard he needs more minutes to improve his game he is worlds better than Cojo.
Also another worrying factor are rebounds.

Richie
12-22-2013, 12:55 AM

Is to regression or non-improvement? He's still shooting 40% from 3 which is enough to be effective. He is never going to be more than a 3&D player

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm with Nono (and others)...not worried about this loss. My only worry still remains will Parker have enough in the tank for a long playoff run.

dallasmaverickslose
12-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm with Nono (and others)...not worried about this loss. My only worry still remains will Parker have enough in the tank for a long playoff run.

We pretty much cannot afford a Parker injury of any sort no matter how minor once we start inching closer to the start of the playoffs.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:02 AM
That's where we disagree. His play in the finals was good enough to win a championship, because we lost it based on things completely out of his control. If he plays exactly the same way but Kawhi and Manu make their free throws in Game 6 we win a title.

So take my hypothetical that we make those free throws, something that Parker has no effect on, and we won. Does that mean Parkers identical series goes from not good enough to good enough?

Similarly look at the Ray Allen 3. A make or miss there decides the championship, but its all on him. It has no effect on how well Lebron, Parker, Timmy or anyone else played, so why use the outcome of that play to judge those players when they had nothing to do with it?
To respond you last question= because of the outcome of that play they played a game 7 and Parker was missing in action.
Even if those freebies were in Parker sucks he is not a true PG he thinks in himself first, if those freebies were good Green would be the MVP not TPork and that would kill him.
I dont like selfish players in a team game dude sucks, Steve Nash or Chris Paul would be so much better here.

dallasmaverickslose
12-22-2013, 01:04 AM
To respond you last question= because of the outcome of that play they played a game 7 and Parker was missing in action.
Even if those freebies were in Parker sucks he is not a true PG he thinks in himself first, if those freebies were good Green would be the MVP not TPork and that would kill him.
I dont like selfish players in a team game dude sucks, Steve Nash or Chris Paul would be so much better here.

If you think Tony plays lousy D, then I don't know how you'd cope with Steve Nash...

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:06 AM
If you think Tony plays lousy D, then I don't know how you'd cope with Steve Nash...
Because Steve Nash is a better point guard better playmaker, Im talking about prime Nash, not the guy sleeping in Lakers games.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Spurs were going to lose even with Kawhi, tbh..

OKC is peaking right now, they can't really get any better, they are the best team in the league at the moment..Durant is having one of the best seasons in the post-Jordan era, Westbrook/Ibaka are doing what they do, and their trio of ugly-ass role players, Jackson/Lamb/Adams, are playing as well as they could possibly play, tbh..

The Spurs have a great record, but aren't playing anywhere near their best level, obviously..Parker is noticeably worse than last season, Green is having an atrocious year, Splitter's offense has gone downhill, and the Spurs have yet to figure out how to utilize Parker and Leonard on the floor together..

Realistically, even with everything reverting to the norm, the Spurs could beat the Thunderefs in a series, but they still need a long SF/mobile big to be considered equal to them, and for any chance to beat Miami this year IMO..

They need Parker at full strength, Manu to keep playing at this level, and Splitter to sack up and play like he was before the injury this season.

Unfortunately I don't know how realistic those three things are. But, if they get the contribution from Beli/Mills/Diaw they're getting now, it'll be damn close and very entertaining.

thunderup
12-22-2013, 01:07 AM

OKC is peaking right now, they can't really get any better, they are the best team in the league at the moment..Durant is having one of the best seasons in the post-Jordan era, Westbrook/Ibaka are doing what they do, and their trio of ugly-ass role players, Jackson/Lamb/Adams, are playing as well as they could possibly play, tbh..

The Spurs have a great record, but aren't playing anywhere near their best level, obviously..Parker is noticeably worse than last season, Green is having an atrocious year, Splitter's offense has gone downhill, and the Spurs have yet to figure out how to utilize Parker and Leonard on the floor together..

Realistically, even with everything reverting to the norm, the Spurs could beat the Thunderefs in a series, but they still need a long SF/mobile big to be considered equal to them, and for any chance to beat Miami this year IMO..
The Thunder are nowhere near to peaking.

dallasmaverickslose
12-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Because Steve Nash is a better point guard better playmaker, Im talking about prime Nash, not the guy sleeping in Lakers games.

Even prime Nash was pathetic on D.

Aremid
12-22-2013, 01:09 AM
They need Parker at full strength, Manu to keep playing at this level, and Splitter to sack up and play like he was before the injury this season.

Unfortunately I don't know how realistic those three things are. But, if they get the contribution from Beli/Mills/Diaw they're getting now, it'll be damn close and very entertaining.

It's still not enough. If okc and sa face off full strength, okc edges out sa because they have more talent. We need to trade bonner and draft picks and yes even absorb a bad contract to have the talent to compete and win against okc

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Even prime Nash was pathetic on D.
And parker is pathetic shooting and creating plays thats why sometimes Spurs are out of ideas, after 12 years he is starting to sink 3s.
Dude has the ball 21 seconds then decides to pass, San Antonio Porkers should be the team name.

Hoops Czar
12-22-2013, 01:14 AM
It's December and the Spurs were without their best perimeter defender.

Having Kawhi would've allowed Green to guard Westchuck and/or Jackson...pretty sure they both wouldn't have gone off. It being December, the team isn't panicked...hell the coaches are still experimenting nightly with the rotation.

Step back from the cliff.

Watch the friggin games. I knew the Leonard excuse would rear its ugly head. Is Leonard gonna guard, Durant, Westbroock, Ibaka, Jackson, and lamb? Is he going to teach the $36M dollar mistake how to make a layup? Getting P'wned by Stevan Adams.... Is he going to teach Green how to shoot straight or show Patty how to play under control? Are we done making excuses? With the way Green played defense tonight, I'm not sure he could have handled Derek Fisher's grandmother. Marco continues to prove he can knock down shots BUT he can't guard anybody. Pop continues to tinker with rotations but there isn't one out there that will make this team look good. Go ahead and quote defensive efficiency because if you've been paying attention, they're getting clowned against better teams and their offense can't keep up. Thoroughly dominated by an elite team on their home floor again.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:15 AM
The Thunder are nowhere near to peaking.

Stop being so cocky, your team went down against Miami in the finals I remember your posts those days and then nothing happened.
Even right now they would kiss the floor against Miami or Indiana.

Man In Black
12-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Internet tough guy alert.

Its words Diaz...you can talk it but can't take it? There are people who crap bigger then you. What is this, Dan Patrick? Where's that bell noise?

td4mvp2k
And parker is pathetic shooting and creating plays thats why sometimes Spurs are out of ideas, after 12 years he is starting to sink 3s.Dude has the ball 21 seconds then decides to pass, San Antonio Porkers should be the team name.FO shooda SnT his azz tbh

thunderup
Stop being so cocky, your team went down against Miami in the finals I remember your posts those days and then nothing happened.
Even right now they would kiss the floor against Miami or Indiana.
I'm not even trying to be a homer but our chances this time around are a lot better. We heavily relied on a confirmed choker and loser in Harden to produce only to fail time and time again. If our bigs and role players play the way they are, which they're capable of, we give ourselves a chance.

Aremid
12-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Watch the friggin games. I knew the Leonard excuse would rear its ugly head. Is Leonard gonna guard, Durant, Westbroock, Ibaka, Jackson, and lamb? Is he going to teach the $36M dollar mistake how to make a layup? Getting P'wned by Stevan Adams.... Is he going to teach Green how to shoot straight or show Patty how to play under control? Are we done making excuses? With the way Green played defense tonight, I'm not sure he could have handled Derek Fisher's grandmother. Marco continues to prove he can knock down shots BUT he can't guard anybody. Pop continues to tinker with rotations but there isn't one out there that will make this team look good. Go ahead and quote defensive efficiency because if you've been paying attention, they're getting clowned against better teams and their offense can't keep up. Thoroughly dominated by an elite team on their home floor again.
Thank you! And people have the audacity to call that logic cliff jumping

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 01:21 AM
It's still not enough. If okc and sa face off full strength, okc edges out sa because they have more talent. We need to trade bonner and draft picks and yes even absorb a bad contract to have the talent to compete and win against okc

I'd dispute the "more talent" assertion. KD is top-3 in the game and Westbrook top-10...but beyond that they have complimentary players. They all play their roles well, but the Spurs are deeper in star talent (Big 3 + Kawhi) and role player talent (Mills/Belli/Diaw/Splitter). It's just their superstars are more super.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm not even trying to be a homer but our chances this time around are a lot better. We heavily relied on a confirmed choker and loser in Harden to produce only to fail time and time again. If our bigs and role players play the way they are, which they're capable of, we give ourselves a chance.
Your team has a chance but remember they have some weakness, Durant - Westbrook - Ibaka are the team, if those 3 are healthy you have a great team, if something happens to one of them Reggie Jackson is not gonna save the team or Derek Fisher forget about Perkins.
Also keep an eye on Portland, every couple of years there is a surprise revelation team who goes deep in the playoffs. How we know if they are peaking or not? THEY COULD WIN IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:

Hoops Czar
12-22-2013, 01:25 AM
I'd dispute the "more talent" assertion. KD is top-3 in the game and Westbrook top-10...but beyond that they have complimentary players. They all play their roles well, but the Spurs are deeper in star talent (Big 3 + Kawhi) and role player talent (Mills/Belli/Diaw/Splitter). It's just their superstars are more super.

Reggie Jackson is a complimentary player? Hell, I'd take him over anyone not named Parker and Duncan. YES, that includes tooth ache.

thunderup
12-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Your team has a chance but remember they have some weakness, Durant - Westbrook - Ibaka are the team, if those 3 are healthy you have a great team, if something happens to one of them Reggie Jackson is not gonna save the team or Derek Fisher forget about Perkins.
Also keep an eye on Portland, every couple of years there is a surprise revelation team who goes deep in the playoffs. How we know if they are peaking or not? THEY COULD WIN IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:
I don't buy into Portland doing much in the playoffs. A team that will catch fire and take out a top tier team would be Golden State. If they're matched up with a team like Houston, they'll take them in six games. As long as we're healthy and we do us, I'm not worried. It'll take a freak injury to Russ, KD or Serge like last year for our efforts to be reduced.

Clipper Nation
12-22-2013, 01:28 AM
:lol Cliffjumpers

If Parker cuts back on the heroball tendencies and the team stays healthy, I see no reason why the Spurs can't beat the Thunderefs in a 7-game series, tbh....

td4mvp2k
12-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Thunderup :monkey

benefactor
12-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Internet tough guy alert.

Its words Diaz...you can talk it but can't take it? There are people who crap bigger then you. What is this, Dan Patrick? Where's that bell noise?
He's spent too much time around Fkla tbh.

benefactor
12-22-2013, 01:30 AM
...and :lol Porland. No one is afraid of that bunch of pretenders.

gameFACE
12-22-2013, 01:31 AM
OP + a few more apparently..........

http://www.gochengdoo.com/images/blog/4956.jpg

Aremid
12-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Reggie Jackson is a complimentary player? Hell, I'd take him over anyone not named Parker and Duncan. YES, that includes tooth ache.

Agreed. Id also take Thabo over green and ibaka over splitter

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 01:33 AM

Are all those guys you mentioned on the court at the same time? No. It's simple...Leonard guards KD, Green guards Westchuck, the $36M mistake who plays decent defense on perimeter bigs checks Ibaka. And Parker guards whoever is left.

They're tinkering lineups, integrating a couple new players in new roles, and working through minor injuries. That's why I go back to...it's December. They have time to lock down their rotation and focus on fine-tuning their defense.

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:34 AM
I don't buy into Portland doing much in the playoffs. A team that will catch fire and take out a top tier team would be Golden State. If they're matched up with a team like Houston, they'll take them in six games. As long as we're healthy and we do us, I'm not worried. It'll take a freak injury to Russ, KD or Serge like last year for our efforts to be reduced.
I think all those teams are great Contenders and last year some were injured I cant wait till April.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 01:34 AM

Lol...I don't really have a retort for that, other than to say you're probably in the significant minority.

Clipper Nation
12-22-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm not even trying to be a homer

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Mikeanaro
12-22-2013, 01:40 AM
This season Tony Scorpion Parker will take hero ball to the next level...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Tortoise_and_Scorpion.jpg
It is my nature!

cd021
12-22-2013, 01:41 AM

Your point was wrong, obviously. Good job throwing in "Faggot" though like you won your argument:lol You never brought up offense, how convenient you change your point after I debunked it.:lmao

Green has stopped Westbrook=Last season-4 Games, 23.0 PPG ,36%FG, 28 3pt, 22 FGA per game.
This season-2 Games-18.5 PPG, 39% FG, 18 FGA Per Game

Leonard-Durant-41 mpg, 50% FG %,16 FGA, 23 PPG (5 below his average, 1 of those games, Green was the primary defender)
This season-2 Games-43 % FG, 18.5 FGA, 20.5 ppg) (5 below his average, 1 of those games, Green was the primary defender)

Splitter-Ibaka-4 Games-50% FG 10 FGA per game, 13.3 PPG
This season-2 Games-44%FG-14.5 FGA Per Game, 15.5 PPG

Ibaka numbers aren't over the moon. So far this season, he has scored 15 ppg against us but is shooting 44% on 14.5 shots. The Spurs will live with that. They'd rather Ibaka take 14 than Westbrook or Durant take 6 or 7 more a game. That is usually how we defend and it usually works.

Jackson? He has played very well but even you should know, the post season is an different animal. He's not going for 15 a game in a postseason series against us. He is better than I expected but not as difficult to stop as Harden was.

The chances of us beating them are far from slim. Based on our last 6 meetings since the WCF we have actually played excellent defense against them. Save for 2 double digit losses ( both had Leonard DNP). We nearly rallied to beat them in OKC with De Colo running point after Parker left mid way in the second half. Games have been very competitive.

spurs10
12-22-2013, 01:41 AM
The Thunder are nowhere near to peaking. It's hard to say what their peak is, as they haven't ever done anything...

thunderup
12-22-2013, 01:45 AM
It's hard to say what their peak is, as they haven't ever done anything...

I'll say this: this rendition of the Thunder feels as complete a team as any other, more than the 2012 version. There are more pieces capable of producing. Russ and KD's continued superstardom will be tough for anybody to handle and add varied role players capable of producing.

cd021
12-22-2013, 01:47 AM

I agree. Its pretty becoming painfully obviously that Leonard isn't comfortable being nearly as aggressive when Parker is on the floor. Late last season he was averaging 15 a game post all star break. Parker missed 8 or 9 games and all of a sudden Leonard is going 20 and 10 against the Thunder twice.

The best option seems to be extending his minutes and play him 7 or 8 minutes with the 2nd unit.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Agreed. Id also take Thabo over green and ibaka over splitter

Thabo-Green is a wash if Danny stops trying to put the ball on the floor.

I'd rather have Ibaka too tbh, but that's where it stops. I'd rather Kawhi than Jackson, Ginobili than Fisher, Beli than Lamb, Diaw than Perkins...and on and on.

Spurs are just a deeper, more talented team imo.

TheGoldStandard
12-22-2013, 01:58 AM
I think we can all agree that this Spurs team has a lot more to give especially on defense. I know we are only in December but something has to give even for pride these guys need to want to win one against a team like OKC because we know they are capable of so much more. I don't see the Spurs making any moves at all, way too late in the season to get someone who will make an impact so what we see is what we are going to get but something is wrong with Danny Green. I don't think we can call it a "slump" the guy flat out just doesn't contribute and defensively he hasn't been remarkable only average at best. I was actually pretty proud of TP tonight, for having a few games off he was aggressive and got to the foul line which is rare against OKC, had nothing to do with heroball. Shoot half the team didn't want to shoot the ball to begin with, passing up on open shots to try to make the extra pass, and one too many passes to passive Tiago Splitter who is useless offensively.

TXstbobcat
12-22-2013, 02:03 AM
We will just have to settle this in a seven-game series in the playoffs.

Johnny RIngo
12-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Spurs have their best player at the wrong position. PGs don't lead teams to championships. TP isn't a 1st option, franchise talent. Robinson had Duncan to carry him to a championship when he turned 37. Duncan, at 37, was still carrying TP in the Finals. Kinda embarrassing but it is what it is.

TP had everything go right for him last playoffs - favorable matchups(no OKC), Green hitting 3s at an unreasonable rate in the Finals, Duncan turning back the clock, Leonard stepping up big. All this and he still choked in the final two games. Yeah Manu was terrible but TP didn't exactly shine either. TP should have done the reasonable thing and apologized for his Finals performance. Rest his body during the summer and promise the fans an even better season next year. Instead, he spends the summer playing worthless FIBA(probably to get his confidence up after the chokejob) and will probably be battling fatigue all season. Really, really disappointed in TP thus far.

We're going to need Leonard to keep improving, Manu to be more effective against the top teams, Duncan to get back to his 2013 levels, Green to regain his confidence, and Splitter to learn how to contribute more on offense to make another Finals run. Lots of room for improvement still.

DMC
12-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Thabo-Green is a wash if Danny stops trying to put the ball on the floor.

I'd rather have Ibaka too tbh, but that's where it stops. I'd rather Kawhi than Jackson, Ginobili than Fisher, Beli than Lamb, Diaw than Perkins...and on and on.

Spurs are just a deeper, more talented team imo.

Who would you rather have on the Spurs than Durant and Westbrook? Parker and Duncan? Seriously? When are people going to realize a good deal of Tim's shots are what basketball people call low reward attempts (long 2 pointers)? Tim is all we have, our best big, but he's getting obligatory touches when he's not the best option at the moment because there's a clique between him and Tony. I don't think Tim forces the issue, but Tony seems to look for Tim and all but ignores his perimeter shooters.

DMC
12-22-2013, 02:24 AM
It's hard to say what their peak is, as they haven't ever done anything...

You can't really say that honestly. They backdoor swept the Spurs the last time they met in the WCF, and would have probably been in the Finals again had Russell not gone down. I'd say they've done something. Since this Spurs team isn't the 2007 version, they've done just as much nothing tbh.

HI-FI
12-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Spurs have their best player at the wrong position. PGs don't lead teams to championships. TP isn't a 1st option, franchise talent. Robinson had Duncan to carry him to a championship when he turned 37. Duncan, at 37, was still carrying TP in the Finals. Kinda embarrassing but it is what it is.

TP had everything go right for him last playoffs - favorable matchups(no OKC), Green hitting 3s at an unreasonable rate in the Finals, Duncan turning back the clock, Leonard stepping up big. All this and he still choked in the final two games. Yeah Manu was terrible but TP didn't exactly shine either. TP should have done the reasonable thing and apologized for his Finals performance. Rest his body during the summer and promise the fans an even better season next year. Instead, he spends the summer playing worthless FIBA(probably to get his confidence up after the chokejob) and will probably be battling fatigue all season. Really, really disappointed in TP thus far.

We're going to need Leonard to keep improving, Manu to be more effective against the top teams, Duncan to get back to his 2013 levels, Green to regain his confidence, and Splitter to learn how to contribute more on offense to make another Finals run. Lots of room for improvement still.
bingo.

I just hope this fatigue for Parker is something he can overcome or get the necessary rest. As much as I shit on the guy, we still need him now.

jbspurs
12-22-2013, 02:29 AM
LOL! "time to rebuild." :lmao
Exactly! After a regular season lost ... :depressed

phxspurfan
12-22-2013, 02:33 AM

TP tore his hamstring in the Finals, did he not? I'd blame Pop or Manu over TP for the Finals loss.

BatManu20
12-22-2013, 02:37 AM
http://blog.mydealbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/cliff-jump.jpg

Hoops Czar
12-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Lol...I don't really have a retort for that, other than to say you're probably in the significant minority.

About what? Reggie Jackson being a complimetary player or that I'd take him over Leonard? RJ is becoming a dynamic playmaker, probably leading the way for 6h man of the year. I've seen Leonard play for 2+ seasons now, when is he going to expand his skillset?

Johnny RIngo
12-22-2013, 02:42 AM
TP tore his hamstring in the Finals, did he not? I'd blame Pop or Manu over TP for the Finals loss.

Pop and Manu have gotten plenty of blame from the fans(myself included). But does it make any sense for Parker to be playing FIBA ball only a few weeks after suffering a supposed "torn hamstring" in the Finals? If the injury is as serious as you make it out to be, he should have been resting all summer and preparing for another NBA season. Instead, he pulled a 2012 Ginobili and prioritized his shitty national team over the Spurs.

Chinook
12-22-2013, 03:07 AM
The team needs a capable third perimeter defender more than anything. Green is too small to defend Durant in a series, but KD only scored 17 points on 19 possessions. That's fine. The problem was that without Leonard, Green couldn't guard Westbrook or Jackson and no one else was even slowing them down. Perhaps this is why Pop has been trying to put Cory back in recently. Curious he didn't do so this game.

So the best realistic trade would be for a deep bench player whose only real skill is being an annoying defender. Royal Ivey is such a player, and he's free. Maybe there's a player like him or Beverly that can be had. Otherwise, Cory needs to develop in a hurry. The perimeter defense can't keep falling apart just because Leonard is out or Green gets benched.

Baam
12-22-2013, 03:35 AM
The team needs a capable third perimeter defender more than anything. Green is too small to defend Durant in a series, but KD only scored 17 points on 19 possessions. That's fine. The problem was that without Leonard, Green couldn't guard Westbrook or Jackson and no one else was even slowing them down. Perhaps this is why Pop has been trying to put Cory back in recently. Curious he didn't do so this game.

So the best realistic trade would be for a deep bench player whose only real skill is being an annoying defender. Royal Ivey is such a player, and he's free. Maybe there's a player like him or Beverly that can be had. Otherwise, Cory needs to develop in a hurry. The perimeter defense can't keep falling apart just because Leonard is out or Green gets benched.

The problem is with Beli there's not enough room for all our SGs already, and PG defense is the least efficient (Beverley got owned by TP, Cojo got atomized by Curry in the POs) so we're talking about a SF... Back to square one and this weird off season where they didn't address the blatant needs...

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-22-2013, 03:50 AM

This is an actually logical explanation. Thank you for not whining about how its "rebuilding time" and how this team is done for.

Man In Black
12-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Look at that, actual hoop talk. It can be done. :blah

objective
12-22-2013, 05:32 AM
OKC is better this year than last. Jackson and Lamb don't have to replace Harden, they just have to replace Martin, and they're doing a damn good job of it, I didn't expect them to. Last year Martin and Jackson averaged 42 mpg and scored 19.3 per game. This year Jackson and Lamb average 45.5 mpg and score 21.8.

Another key difference is Adams. Even as a rookie, he's light years better than the back-up center feces of years past like Thabeet or Nazr. Another big off the bench who can give 20 minutes a night and not hurt the team, they didn't have that before and it gives them different options. Hell, he's bigger and stronger than Baynes and manhandled him. And Baynes is a decent enough older banger prospect, but he's easily outclassed compared to Adams. Ayers would have been similarly clowned.

Parker is worse this year, much worse. If he doesn't overcome his National Team Flu, this team can't win.

dorrrr
12-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Regular season means nothing, we don't play hard, defense is shit, pop's trying new stuff and saving energy. We'll be a whole new team in the playoff.

DeadlyDynasty
12-22-2013, 07:07 AM
He's right...as currently constructed they can't beat OKC--especially w/o HCA. Also factor in another year of wear and tear, the fact that this playoff road won't likely be littered with opposing injuries, and things don't look too promising for SA. Should win 55+ games, but a WCF appearance is their ceiling barring any midseason transactions/catastrophic opposing injuries.

GrandeDavid
12-22-2013, 07:14 AM
This is the proper viewpoint. The negativity is funny.

The Decemberists are clamoring to be heard yet will deny their comments come June.

Brazil
12-22-2013, 07:54 AM

welcome back tdmvpdpoy !

boutons_deux
12-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Spurs are 21-6, are 0-6 vs playoff teams, including some blowouts, including at ATT.

It's "only Nov, or Dec" for the other 6 teams, too. This is essentially the same team that was NBA Finalist from 6 months ago.

rascal
12-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Last year was a fluke with all the injuries to the top teams in the west.

rascal
12-22-2013, 09:47 AM
OKC is better this year than last. Jackson and Lamb don't have to replace Harden, they just have to replace Martin, and they're doing a damn good job of it, I didn't expect them to. Last year Martin and Jackson averaged 42 mpg and scored 19.3 per game. This year Jackson and Lamb average 45.5 mpg and score 21.8.

Another key difference is Adams. Even as a rookie, he's light years better than the back-up center feces of years past like Thabeet or Nazr. Another big off the bench who can give 20 minutes a night and not hurt the team, they didn't have that before and it gives them different options. Hell, he's bigger and stronger than Baynes and manhandled him. And Baynes is a decent enough older banger prospect, but he's easily outclassed compared to Adams. Ayers would have been similarly clowned.

Parker is worse this year, much worse. If he doesn't overcome his National Team Flu, this team can't win.

Lamb and Jackson are good players. OKC is better than last years team.

r0drig0lac
12-22-2013, 09:57 AM
so let's pretend that every team we face did not have a key injury on the way?

ElNono
12-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Funny thunderup calls Harden a choker and loser while looking the other way when it comes to Abaka, tbh :lol

Sure, he made the jumpers against the Spurs then his asshole shrunk heavily against Miami. Last season he couldn't hit shit and cost them at least a game against the Rockets.

The jury is still out on Reggie Jackson and Lamb, especially when teams lock in on them.

The best teams in the first two months of the season have been Portland and Indy, yet I don't see either in the NBA Finals, tbh

Raven
12-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Joseph has played several minutes the last few games, Ayres has been wearing out the court, and Baynes (not Splitter) got the start the other night with Duncan out.

I'm not sure what games you've been watching.

Joseph has not played meaningful minutes yet, this year. I don't consider Baynes or Ayres as potential assets this year tbh, they are not going to play in the play offs with Diaw, Tiago and Timmy already locked in, more likely Bonner plays. Green and Leonard have been playing 10-12 minutes less than they are supposed to given their age and flaws.

james evans
12-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Not cliff-jumping or anything, but if the Spurs truly want to make it back to the Finals, they do need to pull off a trade. As presently constructed, they will have to hope for some other team to knock off OKC. They simply won't beat them in a playoffs series this season whether they have home court advantage or not. People have been saying for awhile that we need to trade for a backup SF, but in my mind, to beat the Thunder or the Heat we will need another big that can score next to Duncan. He looks pretty damn good this season, but he has regressed just a bit from the guy who was looking to slam it on everyone just a year ago. You can say how valuable Splitter is on the defensive end all you want, but his offense is just pitiful. He has no confidence and only makes the shots that are spoon-fed to him. I don't know who the Spurs can trade for, but I'd like to see someone come in who can actually score down low.
splitter for gasol. since laker fans claim he's a pussy and soft, i'd like to see kobe play with splitter. like i said before, i'm not afraid of the thunder. they aren't as good when the refs aren't calling fouls every other possession. leonard was out last night and we stuck around to the end. i just have no fukin idea what defense popovich is teaching guys like green, ginobli, and even when neal was there in having them shut down the paint but give up wide open 3's.. especially when u have tim and splitter down low on teams with NO LOW POST PRESENCE!!!!

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Who would you rather have on the Spurs than Durant and Westbrook? Parker and Duncan? Seriously? When are people going to realize a good deal of Tim's shots are what basketball people call low reward attempts (long 2 pointers)? Tim is all we have, our best big, but he's getting obligatory touches when he's not the best option at the moment because there's a clique between him and Tony. I don't think Tim forces the issue, but Tony seems to look for Tim and all but ignores his perimeter shooters.

What evidence do you have to back this up? Tim may shoot more outside jumpers, but the majority of hos shots still come in the paint.

And the Parker/Duncan pick-and-roll is an effective play call to get penetration and free up perimeter shooters.

Offensively, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Spurs system or players.

AFBlue
12-22-2013, 02:13 PM
About what? Reggie Jackson being a complimetary player or that I'd take him over Leonard? RJ is becoming a dynamic playmaker, probably leading the way for 6h man of the year. I've seen Leonard play for 2+ seasons now, when is he going to expand his skillset?

Kawhi is a top-5 SF in the league, who impacts the game on both ends. Jackson is an effective scorer and brings good energy off the bench, but he's the Thunder version of George Hill.

As for the skill-level increase from Kawhi, you need to take a closer look. When he was drafted he had no spot-up perimeter shot, no handles, no dribble-drive game, and no off the dribble pull-up jumper. He now has all those things and can continue to improve on them. The trick now is figuring out when he needs to be the alpha and assert himself on a star-laden team.

TheGoldStandard
12-22-2013, 02:32 PM
It's tricky when you look at the role players of the other elite teams because we look on paper and see them as average players but they get lost in the shuffle compared to their "superstar" teammates. They have niches and can score and because the superstars dictate so much attention they get better looks and easier shots. Those roleplayers can go for 10 or 15 a night and we don't notice it with Westbrook chucking up 30 shots a night. Same thing with Miami.

Our rolepplayers do only one or two things well but since we don't have anyone that commands that kind of respect they're always locked on. Duncan in god mode last year and MVParker allowed for a lot of open shots last year but without them doing that kind of damage we get man defense and a breakdown in ball movement. I suspect the Spurs will improve but when the game slows down in the playoffs we better hope Parker, Manu or Tim enter their cheat code and go off.

McGusto55
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM
The Thunder would sweep the Spurs in a playoff series. Not to mention having to get by Portland or Houston. Its been a good run. Time to rebuild.

I agree 100% wish Tim and manu would retire already so we don't expect to much from this team. ..Tbh

EVAY
12-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Pop and Manu have gotten plenty of blame from the fans(myself included). But does it make any sense for Parker to be playing FIBA ball only a few weeks after suffering a supposed "torn hamstring" in the Finals? If the injury is as serious as you make it out to be, he should have been resting all summer and preparing for another NBA season. Instead, he pulled a 2012 Ginobili and prioritized his shitty national team over the Spurs.

Oh, for god's sake. Please, spraining a hamstring in the middle of an every-other-day series of games is NOT the same as giving it three or four weeks rest before playing for a National Team. It is part of his contract that allows him to play for his national team. Last year his work with the FNT in the summer was cited as the reason he had matured into the leader of the Spurs team and leading the Spurs to the NBA finals.

Surely you understand the differences there, even if you don't want to admit it.

He is clearly not as effective this year, and I don't know it he will get over it or not, but I DO know that your reasoning is flawed and your conclusions regarding his responsibility for the way last year's POs ended is false. Last season he was playing at an MVP level year and was an ALL-Star. This year he will likely not be an All-Star and not be considered as an MVP. But NONE of that detracts from what he did for the Spurs last year. Gutting it out in the games after the hamstring sprain is something that you have no right to question unless you have done superior work in an NBA finals series with such an injury yourself.

TD 21
12-22-2013, 07:06 PM
You're the opposite of a homer. You're a downer, writing us off when we have every chance of winning any series in the playoffs.

:lol Wait until May.

Cliche Spurs fans like you. Given that they've done nothing but choke in recent seasons, there's little reason to think they even make the Finals if Westbrook stays upright.

The Thunder may not quite be loaded, but they're plenty good enough to dispose of this team in 5 or 6 games. Why does it always have to be "what we have"? Why doesn't the front office grow a pair for once, stop hoping to get lucky and attempt to change their standing?

I don't care what month it is. If you knew the game, you'd know this team causes serious problems for the Spurs and they're not going away, no matter what month it is.

ElNono
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Cliche Spurs fans like you. Given that they've done nothing but choke in recent seasons, there's little reason to think they even make the Finals if Westbrook stays upright.

And you're the chicken little fan that has been freaking out before every series, and knee jerks over every loss. Heck, I don't even have to go back and look to know you were freaking out when they lost two in a row before the playoffs started last season, in which was clearly coasting.

The Thunder may not quite be loaded, but they're plenty good enough to dispose of this team in 5 or 6 games. Why does it always have to be "what we have"? Why doesn't the front office grow a pair for once, stop hoping to get lucky and attempt to change their standing?

Nobody said the Thunder are not a good team. They're a top team just like the Spurs. You'll excuse me if I don't take your prognostication seriously, but you have not put a cogent argument beyond mere opinion.

I don't care what month it is. If you knew the game, you'd know this team causes serious problems for the Spurs and they're not going away, no matter what month it is.

I watch the same games you do, but for some reason you panic a lot. Might be your way to vent your frustration, but you know pretty well the Spurs don't operate like that, and they're still easily a top 5 franchise in the game.

quentin_compson
12-22-2013, 07:38 PM
I always found it a bit strange that people seemed to forget so quickly what a great season the Thunder were having last year before Westbrook went down with an injury. If that doesn't happen, OKC might very well have made it to the Finals.

The Thunder's length and athleticism clearly are not easy for the Spurs to handle. Ibaka was probably the best player for OKC against the Spurs in the two games so far this season. TD and Splitter need to have a strong presence under the basket offensively against the Thunder for the Spurs to open up the game for the shooters.
I think that Parker (in better game shape than he seemed to have last night) would be defending Westbrook better than he did last night in a playoff series, but then again, Durant is capable of much more than he did in the two meetings with SA this season.

The role player/bench battle might very well be quite decisive in a possible series, but that's hard to assess since both teams have potentially really good guys there. All in all, last night was just a regular season loss, but that doesn't mean that the Thunder are not a rather difficult matchup problem for the Spurs.

Cry Havoc
12-22-2013, 11:49 PM

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Lol faggots

tmtcsc
12-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Please stop. The thunder aren't getting past us in the playoffs. Its friggin December and we have 3.5 months to right the wrongs. Not worried here.

ezau
12-23-2013, 09:05 AM

:lmao I'm 6'8 and 295 and will kill your entire family

RD2191
12-23-2013, 10:21 AM

LOL. Come at me bro.

james evans
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
uh oh.. fight fight!!

rascal
12-23-2013, 10:47 AM

I don't believe this.

Baam
12-23-2013, 11:34 AM

Truth bomb.

I'm confident that they'll make a move but that offseason was so shitty that I'm not confident it'll be a good one...

Baam
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
And you're the chicken little fan that has been freaking out before every series, and knee jerks over every loss. Heck, I don't even have to go back and look to know you were freaking out when they lost two in a row before the playoffs started last season, in which was clearly coasting.

Pop freaked out as well and cut SJax at that point in time because he felt the urge to change something...

ezau
12-23-2013, 11:50 AM
LOL. Come at me bro.

I will go to your house and wipe out your entire gene pool. You'd run out of Spanish words to say when you see me, you dipshit:lol

look_at_g_shred
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Remember last DECEMBER when the clippers had a 17 game win streak. The media had them coming out the west no question. What happened to them in May? Can anyone help me out?

benefactor
12-23-2013, 12:14 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/faggots-everywhere_o_1142345.jpg

Spur|n|Austin
12-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Reggie Jackson is doing exactly what James Harden did for the Thunder. Unbeatable when they have a 3rd guy going.

Comparing Jackson to Harden, wtf :lol you're an annoying faggot idiot aren't ya?

By all means, take your "fandom" to a team with similar fans, I'll make sure to bump this thread when the season actually means something.

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Comparing Jackson to Harden, wtf :lol you're an annoying faggot idiot aren't ya?

By all means, take your "fandom" to a team with similar fans, I'll make sure to bump this thread when the season actually means something.

Lmfao. Means something? You mean when the Thunder are running a train on the Spurs. Lol. Home court means something faggot. And Jackson dropped 21 and 23 on the Spurs. Even some of the Spurs mentioned it so its obviously a problem you piece of shit.

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I will go to your house and wipe out your entire gene pool. You'd run out of Spanish words to say when you see me, you dipshit:lol
Lemme know when and where homie.

Spur|n|Austin
12-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Lmfao. Means something? You mean when the Thunder are running a train on the Spurs. Lol. Home court means something faggot. And Jackson dropped 21 and 23 on the Spurs. Even some of the Spurs mentioned it so its obviously a problem you piece of shit.

Yeah so when the Spurs play the Thunder next, it would mean something in regards to home court. Fucking child molesting bean; gotta explain things at a 5th grade level..

ezau
12-23-2013, 12:25 PM

I will and make your entire be:lolner family is there to witness the carnage

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah so when the Spurs play the Thunder next, it would mean something in regards to home court. Fucking child molesting bean; gotta explain things at a 5th grade level..

Thunder got home court without Harden last year so not sure where you're going with this. I doubt it comes down to tie breakers.

ezau

I will and make sure your entire be:lolner family is there to witness the carnage

RD2191
I will and make your entire be:lolner family is there to witness the carnage

Talk is cheap.

ezau
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Talk is cheap.

Are you scared now? Call all the santos and santas of your religion because they won't be there when I put you to sleep. :lol

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Scared? I said name a time and place.

ezau
12-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Scared? I said name a time and place.

How would I know if you'd really show up? You be:lolners have a history of running away from real thugs.

RD2191
12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Resorting to racial slurs. Lol.

Skull-1
12-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Yeah right. Well, I am 6'4" 240 and "My daddy can't beat YOU up."

TD 21
12-23-2013, 08:16 PM

Considering this team's penchant for choking and melting down in the playoffs in recent years, I've had every right to question them when I have. Sorry that doesn't jive with your blind optimism.

Last season, I was concerned about their health going into the playoffs more than anything. Who knew the red carpet was going to be rolled out en route to the Finals? Even they couldn't piss that golden opportunity away.

Nobody said the Thunder are not a good team. They're a top team just like the Spurs. You'll excuse me if I don't take your prognostication seriously, but you have not put a cogent argument beyond mere opinion.

For roughly three years, virtually the same game plays out almost every time these two teams play. If you haven't caught on to the trends by now, you're either in denial or don't know what you're watching.

I watch the same games you do, but for some reason you panic a lot. Might be your way to vent your frustration, but you know pretty well the Spurs don't operate like that, and they're still easily a top 5 franchise in the game.

Typical Spurs fan, with this loser mentality, just like that bald goof, who continues to fail in his attempts to look menacing and is clearly in the closet. No real competitor would be satisfied with what this team has accomplished in recent years. Not when you consider their routine stretches of brilliance along the way and the way they've fizzled out in the end.

ElNono
12-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Considering this team's penchant for choking and melting down in the playoffs in recent years, I've had every right to question them when I have. Sorry that doesn't jive with your blind optimism.

Last season, I was concerned about their health going into the playoffs more than anything. Who knew the red carpet was going to be rolled out en route to the Finals? Even they couldn't piss that golden opportunity away.

For roughly three years, virtually the same game plays out almost every time these two teams play. If you haven't caught on to the trends by now, you're either in denial or don't know what you're watching.

Typical Spurs fan, with this loser mentality, just like that bald goof, who continues to fail in his attempts to look menacing and is clearly in the closet. No real competitor would be satisfied with what this team has accomplished in recent years. Not when you consider their routine stretches of brilliance along the way and the way they've fizzled out in the end.

There's only one loser breaking down after every meaningless regular season loss. This isn't new either, your meltdowns and shitty predictions are part of the local scenery for many seasons now :lol

The Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past two seasons. In other words, they've done better than 26 out of 30 teams in the league. As I said, you still haven't put forth a cogent argument of why they should have done even better than that.

This idea that somehow the Spurs can make a move or two and guarantee themselves a place in the Finals is about as retarded as your knee jerk "gutless worms" thread.

TD 21
12-23-2013, 11:56 PM
There's only one loser breaking down after every meaningless regular season loss. This isn't new either, your meltdowns and shitty predictions are part of the local scenery for many seasons now :lol

The Spurs have been a top 4 team in the league the past two seasons. In other words, they've done better than 26 out of 30 teams in the league. As I said, you still haven't put forth a cogent argument of why they should have done even better than that.

This idea that somehow the Spurs can make a move or two and guarantee themselves a place in the Finals is about as retarded as your knee jerk "gutless worms" thread.

:lol Middle aged fat guy who thinks Ginobili's his friend is calling someone else a loser . . . and every loss my ass. Unlike you, I have a life outside of this board and am not around here much anymore, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Typical unmotivated, fat guy logic. In other words, good is good enough. Do I really need to go into detail as to why they should have won the '12 WCF and the '13 Finals? Even you're (probably) intelligent enough to figure out why.

Learn to read. I've repeatedly conceded, including in this thread, that there may be nothing they can do to change their standing, but that they should at least try, as opposed to hoping to get lucky like last season.

AFBlue
12-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Fuckin Nono bringing the heat!

benefactor
12-24-2013, 06:53 AM
:lol TD21
:lol huge inferiority complex never fails to shine through

Skull-1
12-24-2013, 08:16 AM
:lol Middle aged fat guy who thinks Ginobili's his friend is calling someone else a loser . . . and every loss my ass. Unlike you, I have a life outside of this board and am not around here much anymore, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Typical unmotivated, fat guy logic. In other words, good is good enough. Do I really need to go into detail as to why they should have won the '12 WCF and the '13 Finals? Even you're (probably) intelligent enough to figure out why.

Learn to read. I've repeatedly conceded, including in this thread, that there may be nothing they can do to change their standing, but that they should at least try, as opposed to hoping to get lucky like last season.

ElNono
12-24-2013, 09:33 AM

:lol I never called Gino my friend. You keep making shit up in your retarded head. You also apparently have plenty of time to come crying after every loss.

Calling me names isn't dodging the fact that you've still not put forth a cogent argument to take you seriously, nor why you're knee jerking after every loss.

:cry Let's face it :cry
:madrun Gutless worms :madrun

benefactor
12-24-2013, 09:41 AM
:cry:cryTD21:cry:cry
:cry:cryno emo river deep enough to drown my sorrows:cry:cry

Skull-1
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
:lol I never called Gino my friend. You keep making shit up in your retarded head. You also apparently have plenty of time to come crying after every loss.

Calling me names isn't dodging the fact that you've still not put forth a cogent argument to take you seriously, nor why you're knee jerking after every loss.

He said you THINK he is your friend. He is right. You write like you are his best bud. "I talked to Gino at the game and he said...."

You got pwned.

ElNono
12-24-2013, 10:00 AM
He said you THINK he is your friend. He is right. You write like you are his best bud. "I talked to Gino at the game and he said...."

You got pwned.

:lol you can find quotes of me saying he's not my friend nor do I consider being a friend of his

Spartan needs to do a little homework before jumping in front of the semen, tbh

benefactor
12-24-2013, 10:32 AM
:lol what a couple of dumbasses

It's not that hard to figure out why Manu talks to/remembers ElNono at games and it has nothing to do with them being friends.

He's Argentine...he wears an Argie jersey every time he goes...and Manu probably only meets a handful of his countrymen at games every year. Unless you to faggots think that there are thousands of Argies in Argie jerseys at every stop it's safe to assume he'd be pretty easy to spot/remember.

Skull-1
12-24-2013, 10:58 AM
:lol you can find quotes of me saying he's not my friend nor do I consider being a friend of his

Spartan needs to do a little homework before jumping in front of the semen, tbh

Says the guy who falsely claimed (without basis or research) that I didn't watch the game the other night. As if you could POSSIBLY know that either way. LMAO. :lol

Says the guy who "talked to Gino" at every game and posts it in the forums as if it were fact instead of a deulsional fantasy. LMAO. :lol

Horse
12-24-2013, 05:30 PM
This team is no where near where it's going to be come playoff time. Pop has said he's taking it slow even if it cost them a few games. In both okc games they got hot and we missed shot we usually make. So until then go suck a dick!

ElNono
12-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Says the guy who falsely claimed (without basis or research) that I didn't watch the game the other night. As if you could POSSIBLY know that either way. LMAO. :lol

:lol says the frontrunner that admits to not watching the games and rather walk the dog than watch the Spurs. You need me to quote you on that? It's readily available, tbh

Says the guy who "talked to Gino" at every game and posts it in the forums as if it were fact instead of a deulsional fantasy. LMAO. :lol

What you want to believe or not about my posts is your problem, not mine, Spartan :lol

Skull-1
12-25-2013, 03:08 PM
:lol says the frontrunner that admits to not watching the games and rather walk the dog than watch the Spurs. You need me to quote you on that? It's readily available, tbh

What you want to believe or not about my posts is your problem, not mine, Spartan :lol

Quote it, bitch. It proves my point you Manu pole sucker.

ElNono
12-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I ask myself that a lot. Last season and Manu's bed wetting took a lot out of me as a fan. I have League Pass and have maybe watched three games all the way through this year. Used to look forward to game night. This year....not so much. We are gonna go through all the motions only to lose in the second round....

Even back when the Spurs couldn't make the playoffs I had more motivation to watch them than I do this year....

And to think my favorite player is the reason we lost with his ridiculous play in the Finals..... I don't know if I will even bother watching until the playoffs. I would rather walk my dog.

I ask myself that a lot. Last season and Manu's bed wetting took a lot out of me as a fan. I have League Pass and have maybe watched three games all the way through this year. Used to look forward to game night. This year....not so much. We are gonna go through all the motions only to lose in the second round....

Even back when the Spurs couldn't make the playoffs I had more motivation to watch them than I do this year....

And to think my favorite player is the reason we lost with his ridiculous play in the Finals..... I don't know if I will even bother watching until the playoffs. I would rather walk my dog.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2po6snr.gif

TD 21
12-25-2013, 10:50 PM

I never said you "called him your friend", I said you think he is and if you weren't too embarrassed to be honest, you'd admit it.

If you weren't such a delusional homer, you wouldn't have the slightest difficulty discerning why this team is almost assuredly doomed.

ElNono
12-25-2013, 11:06 PM
I never said you "called him your friend", I said you think he is and if you weren't too embarrassed to be honest, you'd admit it.

If you weren't such a delusional homer, you wouldn't have the slightest difficulty discerning why this team is almost assuredly doomed.

:lol that makes no sense. If I think he's my friend, why would I say he's not? Like I said, this is all in your head, not mine...

:lol emo after another loss, reinforcing my point

TD 21
12-25-2013, 11:08 PM
:lol that makes no sense. If I think he's my friend, why would I say he's not? Like I said, this is all in your head, not mine...

:lol emo after another loss, reinforcing my point

Again, reading comprehension.

:lol Terming any critical point made about the team as "emo".

ElNono
12-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Again, reading comprehension.

:lol Terming any critical point made about the team as "emo".

I have no problem with well thought out criticism, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, tbh

I just find the doom and gloom at this point laughable, that is all.

TD 21
12-25-2013, 11:42 PM
My criticism was well thought out. I was like you for a long time, always downplaying the Thunder, confident the Spurs could beat them in a series. But at this point, I'm not denying three years worth of evidence that suggests, as Zach Lowe likes to say, "they've got them figured out".

Let me flip your question around and ask you, why are you so confident that this is just a run of the mill slump/coasting? Wouldn't you concede that virtually everything broke just right last season? If so, take that out and why would this team's relatively recent track record in the playoffs give you confidence in them?

ElNono
12-26-2013, 12:01 AM
My criticism was well thought out. I was like you for a long time, always downplaying the Thunder, confident the Spurs could beat them in a series. But at this point, I'm not denying three years worth of evidence that suggests, as Zach Lowe likes to say, "they've got them figured out".

All I asked for is a cogent argument. "you'll see" or "they've got them figured out" isn't a cogent argument.
Both the Spurs and especially the Thunder have changed during the past 3 seasons. Comparing how the Jefferson Spurs did against the Harden OKC has zero bearing right now. Even last season, the Spurs played OKC pretty well (pre Westbrook injury).

Let me flip your question around and ask you, why are you so confident that this is just a run of the mill slump/coasting? Wouldn't you concede that virtually everything broke just right last season? If so, take that out and why would this team's relatively recent track record in the playoffs give you confidence in them?

Strictly talking about the Spurs, we know this team's ceiling is higher than it is right now. They don't have to get there right now (and they might not reach the ceiling at all, time will tell). I thought some things aligned properly last season, but I also thought the team elevated their game. I never claimed they're the sure fire champs or that they'll even repeat as WCF champs, I've merely said they're a work in progress and they have time and room to get better.

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh, for god's sake. Please, spraining a hamstring in the middle of an every-other-day series of games is NOT the same as giving it three or four weeks rest before playing for a National Team.

It's not like he was lighting up the Heat before the injury. He was mediocre throughout the Finals. Hell, Green was the frontrunner for Finals MVP after the first couple of games.

It is part of his contract that allows him to play for his national team. Last year his work with the FNT in the summer was cited as the reason he had matured into the leader of the Spurs team and leading the Spurs to the NBA finals.

Surely you understand the differences there, even if you don't want to admit it.

What benefits has FIBA served him this year? He basically admitted that he's tired after having no rest all summer:

"It's difficult physically and I know that this year I will have to bite the bullet. I haven't had rest during the 2011,2012 and 2013 summers. I know that in January and February, I will be exhausted. It's going to be tough."

He is clearly not as effective this year, and I don't know it he will get over it or not, but I DO know that your reasoning is flawed and your conclusions regarding his responsibility for the way last year's POs ended is false.

:lol How the hell is it responsible to be playing off-season basketball weeks after gassing out in the Finals. The above quote mentions that he hasn't rested since the 2010 summer. It's selfish of him to ignore his responsibilities to the Spurs in favor of a mickey mouse tournament no one cares about(outside of a couple hundred Frenchmen). Now he's having one of his worst seasons in years and he has no one to blame for it beside himself.

Last season he was playing at an MVP level year and was an ALL-Star. This year he will likely not be an All-Star and not be considered as an MVP. But NONE of that detracts from what he did for the Spurs last year. Gutting it out in the games after the hamstring sprain is something that you have no right to question unless you have done superior work in an NBA finals series with such an injury yourself.

Totally makes sense for someone with a bad hamstring to be chucking that much in game 7. If he was really that hurt, he should have given more touches to players that were more efficient(Duncan/Leonard for example)

TD 21
12-26-2013, 12:50 AM
All I asked for is a cogent argument. "you'll see" or "they've got them figured out" isn't a cogent argument.
Both the Spurs and especially the Thunder have changed during the past 3 seasons. Comparing how the Jefferson Spurs did against the Harden OKC has zero bearing right now. Even last season, the Spurs played OKC pretty well (pre Westbrook injury).

Strictly talking about the Spurs, we know this team's ceiling is higher than it is right now. They don't have to get there right now (and they might not reach the ceiling at all, time will tell). I thought some things aligned properly last season, but I also thought the team elevated their game. I never claimed they're the sure fire champs or that they'll even repeat as WCF champs, I've merely said they're a work in progress and they have time and room to get better.

Like I said, if you know the game, you'd know. Their length, athleticism and knowledge of the Spurs most basic sets disrupts the Spurs timing and rhythm on offense and makes them play more one on one than they're accustomed to; Duncan and Splitter almost always struggle against them; despite the fact that they're not a good outside shooting team they almost always shoot well from mid range and beyond against the Spurs; in general, the Spurs are rarely the ones controlling the game. In two of the three instances I can recall them doing so in recent years, they narrowly held on despite having significant leads and the third time they lost despite having a significant lead.

I don't think they elevated their game. I think they had almost everything align for them, from getting mostly healthy just in time for the playoffs, to the quality of the teams they played to the state of health those teams were in at the time, to the lack of experience those teams had at the stage of the playoffs they played them at. Because of this and their history from '07 prior, this has brainwashed much of the fan base into thinking everything's fine now.

rascal
12-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Fuckin Nono bringing the heat!

Here come the homers to the rescue.

rascal
12-26-2013, 09:06 AM
:lol TD21
:lol huge inferiority complex never fails to shine through

ElNono
12-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Like I said, if you know the game, you'd know. Their length, athleticism and knowledge of the Spurs most basic sets disrupts the Spurs timing and rhythm on offense and makes them play more one on one than they're accustomed to; Duncan and Splitter almost always struggle against them; despite the fact that they're not a good outside shooting team they almost always shoot well from mid range and beyond against the Spurs; in general, the Spurs are rarely the ones controlling the game. In two of the three instances I can recall them doing so in recent years, they narrowly held on despite having significant leads and the third time they lost despite having a significant lead.

I don't think they elevated their game. I think they had almost everything align for them, from getting mostly healthy just in time for the playoffs, to the quality of the teams they played to the state of health those teams were in at the time, to the lack of experience those teams had at the stage of the playoffs they played them at. Because of this and their history from '07 prior, this has brainwashed much of the fan base into thinking everything's fine now.

"If you know the game, you'd know" isn't a cogent argument. It's a statement that has zero value. As for the rest, all games had runs and been mostly close. They know our sets, we know their tendencies. The Thunder isn't the first team that play us toe to toe (that happened even on championship years with the Lakeshow or even Dallas). Again, the Spurs have done well against them and the team vs team record reflect that. It's clear playing against us brings the best out of them, and that can only mean they know we're the gateway to the West. To be that you have to be good, period.

Skull-1
12-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I have no problem with well thought out criticism, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, tbh

I just find the doom and gloom at this point laughable, that is all.

Clown.

I ask myself that a lot. Last season and Manu's bed wetting took a lot out of me as a fan. I have League Pass and have maybe watched three games all the way through this year. Used to look forward to game night. This year....not so much.

So again, thanks for proving my point that you're a friggin' liar.

TD 21
12-26-2013, 11:25 PM
"If you know the game, you'd know" isn't a cogent argument. It's a statement that has zero value.

That's funny, considering that about sums up virtually ever word I've even seen you utter.

ElNono
12-27-2013, 09:26 AM
:rolleyes

Skull-1
12-27-2013, 01:19 PM
That's funny, considering that about sums up virtually ever word I've even seen you utter.

Along with, "I talked to Gino at the game tonight..." :lmao

Skull-1
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Rascal calling the shot! Boom!

Arcadian
12-27-2013, 01:38 PM
(looks into thread)

8l

(slowly backs away, exits thread, locks it from outside)

AFBlue
12-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Rascal calling the shot! Boom!

Lol.

Tbqh, I've never read a Nono post that direct before. That's all I was commenting on fwiw. No dog in this fight, tbqh.