PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: San Antonio is 11-2 in Their Last 13 Games Without Tony Parker

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Truth bomb.

http://mrvaudrey.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/truthbomb.jpg

Oh, and one of those wins was a dominating win @ OKC. BOOM.

lefty
12-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Truth Bombs!
Truth Bombs!
TRUTH BOMBS !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cyir0XASn3w/UpLKbJHerYI/AAAAAAAAD8M/-sOkz23zYQU/s400/brady.gif

Reck
12-22-2013, 02:07 AM
LOL same guys hating on Tony will be sucking his balls a few years later when he's the one keeping this team afloat.

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 02:09 AM
LOL same guys hating on Tony will be sucking his balls a few years later when he's the one keeping this team afloat.
Afloat as in #5 seeds and regular 1st round exits, tbh?

Reck
12-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Afloat as in #5 seeds and regular 1st round exits, tbh?

That's better than missing the playoffs entirely.

You new fans have it easy. You think because Spurs have made the playoffs like 15 straight years that it will be that way forever. LOL just wait until Duncan and Manu are gone and we are stuck with Splitter and the likes of Ayres. You'll be more appreaciative of how things used to be.

HI-FI
12-22-2013, 02:16 AM

sorry scro i don't see it. his ego will be even more unbearable if Duncan isn't around to be the real anchor and leader. besides, Parker will most likely be on the decline by then. Hopefully if he's done by that point we can trade him to a contender for some draft picks, retire his jersey, retire the phone he sexted Erin Berry as well tbh.

I just don't know about Parker, after all these years its the same heroballing and shitty court vision when things get tough. We can obviously win a championship with him but he has to be put on a leash imo. To piggyback Harlem's point, we have to find a way to make him and Kawhi play better together as well.

Katherine Robinson
12-22-2013, 02:17 AM
What mighty teams have the spurs beaten so far? Bucks? Nets? Lakers?

Reck
12-22-2013, 02:26 AM
sorry scro i don't see it. his ego will be even more unbearable if Duncan isn't around to be the real anchor and leader. besides, Parker will most likely be on the decline by then. Hopefully if he's done by that point we can trade him to a contender for some draft picks, retire his jersey, retire the phone he sexted Erin Berry as well tbh.

I just don't know about Parker, after all these years its the same heroballing and shitty court vision when things get tough. We can obviously win a championship with him but he has to be put on a leash imo. To piggyback Harlem's point, we have to find a way to make him and Kawhi play better together as well.

Well I dont see Duncan playing past 2 more years so Tony will definitely have the realms to himself for a while. For better or worse.

I think the "heroballing" comments get so blown out of proportion here at ST that people really start believing it.

I'm not even the biggest Tony fan here, hell I'm barely a fan of him but one has to stay subjective and not be totally against something.

Post-Duncan all he needs is a solid Big and we'd alright.

The thing that scares me the most is having this team at the hands of Splitter at some point in time. That just spells disaster imo. :lol

HI-FI
12-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Well I dont see Duncan playing past 2 more years so Tony will definitely have the realms to himself for a while. For better or worse.

I think the "heroballing" comments get so blown out of proportion here at ST that people really start believing it.

I'm not even the biggest Tony fan here, hell I'm barely a fan of him but one has to stay subjective and not be totally against something.

Post-Duncan all he needs is a solid Big and we'd alright.

The thing that scares me the most is having this team at the hands of Splitter at some point in time. That just spells disaster imo. :lol
I honestly dread the thought of Parker without Pop or Duncan around. shit Pop has gotten too lenient on him as it is. I just don't see Parker sticking around if the team is rebuilding and those two are gone. Hopefully we can ship him off to a contender at that point and get some good pieces for the rebuild.

As for Splitter, I wouldn't worry about him. He's a good stop-gap. He's good for this team at the moment but I can't imagine the Spurs want to make him a centerpiece. shit I hope not.

DMC
12-22-2013, 03:09 AM

I agree with this to a point. He's seemed to trust new teammates less than anyone else on the team. He trusts Tim, and to an extent Manu, but no one else. I don't know if he's trying to get his or if it's Pop's plan for him, but though I admire his ability to get to the paint and score the ball, he seems to ignore shooters if Tim is anywhere around the area.

What needs to happen, and some are going to disagree, is that Tim needs to miss about 10 games so Tony has to play with the other guys and learns to know their tendencies and trust them. Otherwise there will continue to be chemistry issues as the role players sprint up court and basically get ignored as Tony knifes his way through traffic and either attempts a layup or dumps to Tim, turns it over, whatever. That's going to cause confusion and distrust. That's why the second unit plays so well in comparison, no one gets preferential treatment when it comes to "best option".

HI-FI
12-22-2013, 03:23 AM
I agree with this to a point. He's seemed to trust new teammates less than anyone else on the team. He trusts Tim, and to an extent Manu, but no one else. I don't know if he's trying to get his or if it's Pop's plan for him, but though I admire his ability to get to the paint and score the ball, he seems to ignore shooters if Tim is anywhere around the area.

What needs to happen, and some are going to disagree, is that Tim needs to miss about 10 games so Tony has to play with the other guys and learns to know their tendencies and trust them. Otherwise there will continue to be chemistry issues as the role players sprint up court and basically get ignored as Tony knifes his way through traffic and either attempts a layup or dumps to Tim, turns it over, whatever. That's going to cause confusion and distrust. That's why the second unit plays so well in comparison, no one gets preferential treatment when it comes to "best option".

agree with this. If it's just a deferring thing to Tim, that's understandable but if it's Pop or Parker's ego then I have problems with that. I'd be all for Duncan taking some time off, not only would it keep him spry but if it helped Parker expand his own game and learn to get others involved then it would be worth it.

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
I think Parker just has trust issues in his entire life. He doesn't trust his lovers, which is why he one-ups them by fking teammates' wives on the regular. He doesn't trust Manu, so he doesn't ever pass him the ball. He sometimes trusts Timmy, but only when he's basically wide open. I think he should probably see a psychiatrist about his trust issues, tbh.

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Is it a coincidence that the Spurs have a better record without Tony than they do with him, tbh?

PlayNando
12-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Also, when Tony does pass, it's often way late and he puts his teammates in terrible positions.

Honestly, Tony is not what you want in a PG. Instead of making those around him better, he actually makes his teammates worse!!!

lefty
12-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Also, when Tony does pass, it's often way late and he puts his teammates in terrible positions.

Honestly, Tony is not what you want in a PG. Instead of making those around him better, he actually makes his teammates worse!!!
Ive noticed that as well

Skull-1
12-22-2013, 08:52 PM

Truth bombs.

jimbo
12-22-2013, 09:58 PM

I don't think the team'll ever be led by just Splitter... it'll be a PG led team as long as he's here since he can't do much on offense outside of pick and rolling.

He's just in an offensive slump right now, it's happened every year he's been here. He was playing pretty damn well on both ends at the beginning of the year. He gets hot, people overrate him. Then he gets cold and people call him terrible. Rinse and repeat.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
is any of the tbomb material posted upstairs...

gotto send the french wankers back into their bunkers for good

PlayNando
12-23-2013, 03:03 PM
is any of the tbomb material posted upstairs...

gotto send the french wankers back into their bunkers for good
No, most of it is not. I'm not sure the ruling class would approve, tbh. Posting the truth is a hard thing to do on these forums, where lies run rampant.

PlayNando
12-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Ive noticed that as well
Tony just cares about his own stats. It's why he started chucking up heroes with no abandon in game 6 and pissed away our big lead. He knew that either Danny or Kawhi was set to get Finals MVP, so he started chucking in the hopes that he could secure FMVP for himself because if he missed out on it, his ego wouldn't have been stroked and he would have become a broken man.