PDA

View Full Version : Why did Presti leave the Spurs organization???

tenbeersbold
12-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Its obvious the man knows how to build a team.

He seems like someone PATFO should have made a better effort to retain

Its no coincidence that the Thunder were molded into Spurs kryptonite in my book

Never heard any gossip about the parting...

DMC
12-22-2013, 02:29 PM
He got lucky that Portland was too short sighted to take Durant in the pick. Otherwise he'd be stuck with a sub .500 team. Truth.

wildbill2u
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
There are a lot of talented ex-Spurs front office people and assistant coaches who have gone elsewhere with the Spurs organization's blessings when it was time for them to move up. As long as Pop and RC Buford are successful in maintaining this team at a high level of competitiveness in this market and with low draft picks year after year then these folks will have to move out to move up.

Biernutz
12-22-2013, 07:40 PM
He got lucky that Portland was too short sighted to take Durant in the pick. Otherwise he'd be stuck with a sub .500 team. Truth.

How good would they be if he got Oden

quentin_compson
12-22-2013, 07:51 PM

Short sigthed? I think most GMs would have picked Oden. This guy had the potential of being a great defensive anchor. Bigs of great quality are still harder to come by than perimeter guys. I don't think it was short sighted to pick Oden, it just didn't pan out.

SilverSpur
12-22-2013, 08:09 PM
We were lucky to win the lottery just as much. If dont win, we end up with Mercer. Which we signed later on

Bruno
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure how serious is the question but the answer is obvious. Presti left to be the GM of a NBA team, something that was impossible with Spurs since RC hold that spot.

Being an assistant GM could be a very frustrating job sometimes. For example, you discover a draft prospect, fell in love for his game and push hard for your team to pick it but, at the end, the GM has the last word. He can take another direction if he isn't personally sold on the player.