PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw and Amir Johnson scored at will against OKC

Baam
12-23-2013, 11:28 AM
because against good shot blockers the simple answer is strong post games...

The Spurs could use another big with a strong post game like Boozer (or a wing with strong D because the M&Ms defense is weak as hell especially when playing together)...

look_at_g_shred
12-23-2013, 11:44 AM
You know when i was watching the game i thought we should've went to Duncan in the post more. Not sure if Pop doesn't want to over work duncan in the RS. I think if we were to meet in the PO's against OKC, that we should run plays for Kawhi in the post. It could spell trouble for Durant or whoever is guarding him.

ace3g
12-23-2013, 11:52 AM
You know when i was watching the game i thought we should've went to Duncan in the post more. Not sure if Pop doesn't want to over work duncan in the RS. I think if we were to meet in the PO's against OKC, that we should run plays for Kawhi in the post. It could spell trouble for Durant or whoever is guarding him.

While it is still early, good to see Kawhi on Klay still works and something that can carry over should they meet in the playoffs.

One thing I noticed during the Warriors/Thunder game; Barnes was able to force a lot of fouls on Durant in the post, something Spurs should try in their match ups this season.

Like some have mentioned it is still too early to draw any conclusions with the Clippers/Rockets.

Baam
12-23-2013, 11:53 AM
^ great remark Ace, even a smaller player like Barnes can do it, in the Finals if they meet again Bronbron is just gonna bury KD under the basket every time...

look_at_g_shred
12-23-2013, 11:55 AM
:tu

look_at_g_shred
12-23-2013, 11:57 AM
After KL's performance on thursday, I was salivating for saturday's match-up! Very disappointed when i found out he wasn't playing! I guess it's a good thing though right? Scotty and OKC think there's no way we can beat them....... Let 'em think!

james evans
12-23-2013, 12:58 PM
plus u add in that ibaka and perkins are suckers for a pump fake. as soon as u pump fake with either guy, they are showing their full vertical and u can draw a foul on them easily(why perkins had 5 in the 3rd quarter). took popovich a while to figure this out in 2011 but he did by game 5.