PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan to the Colts as DC?

J.T.
12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Rex is probably fired after next week, win or lose. The Jets will either be 8-8 or 7-9 and will not make the postseason. The new GM will most likely want his own guy at coach. If Rex still wants to be a head coach, there are some options available. Houston would probably be the most appealing with Watt and Cushing on defense and the No. 1 pick on deck. I think if Dallas loses to Philly this week, Garrett is fired. But I couldn't see someone with the personality of Rex submitting to Jerrah.

Colts could be a good fit. Pagano was his secondary coach his final season at Baltimore. The Colts want to be a "defense first" team despite clearly only being winners because of Andrew Luck. I know the defense has been good the last two weeks, but they did play the Texans at home and a fools gold Chiefs team that can only win against bad teams. They got blown out at home by the freaking rams, rocked by the Cardinals on the road and have two unacceptable losses to Miami and San Diego. Their current coordinator Greg Manusky is most likely fired if they don't win the Super Bowl. Pagano will get a pass because this is technically his Year 1 due to the whole #CHUCKSTRONG thing. And offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton will get a hall pass due to the shit show of injuries they've had on offense.

I could see Rex coming here to work with Mathis and bring in some of his guys as free agents. The Colts beat every playoff team they faced this year but one (Bengals). The upside for a Super Bowl championship is there.

Clipper Nation
12-23-2013, 02:05 PM
If we miss the playoffs, the Chargers need to hire Rex, tbh....

Btw, as a Chargerfan, I feel your pain when it comes to Manusky's defense, that guy is TERRIBLE.... can't believe he got another DC job....

J.T.
12-23-2013, 03:28 PM
If we miss the playoffs, the Chargers need to hire Rex, tbh....

Btw, as a Chargerfan, I feel your pain when it comes to Manusky's defense, that guy is TERRIBLE.... can't believe he got another DC job....

Yeah tbh he only has a job due to slim pickings when Pagano was hired in early 2012

Lincoln
12-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Bring him in as a dc here

Michael Jordan.
12-23-2013, 04:24 PM
I think the Texans should go after him, but only if Bill O'Brien doesn't come.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Ryan should come to Green Bay. The Packers need a new defensive coordinator.