PDA

View Full Version : Trade Target: John Salmons

YamaSama
07-30-2005, 01:52 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_420/BKN1119_spurs5_brown_ap.jpg

John Salmons
Born: 12/12/79
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 210
College: Miami (Florida) '02

If Devin Brown is serious about finding a starting spot elsewhere, Philadelphia might be a good destination (I think he could challenge Korver for the starting spot, or at least for starting minutes).
Receiving Salmons in return in a S&T would be a pretty good move for the Spurs. The former Spurs draft pick can play 1-3, and he's long (although maybe not THE coveted long three we're looking for). Salmons has underachieved in Philly, but there's no question that he's talented - he was named the most outstanding player of the Boston Reebok Pro Summer League in 2003 and was also named to the all-Rocky Mountain Revue team the same summer. A change of scenery to a more stable team might be enough for him to live up to his potential.
One last thought - he'll be a restricted free agent at the end of year, so it would only be a one-year experiment.
I've been following this forum for awhile - it's good to finally get a screen name. I know this trade isn't the most exciting, but I hope it's of interest to y'all
(p.s. overall, I'd rather have Big Dog when all is said and done rather than Salmons, but I'm thinking his price tag may end up being a bit steep for the Spurs.)

ChumpDumper
07-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Salmons does have the ball handling skills that Pop seems to be looking for in all of his guards these days, but he's way behind Devin in terms of rebounding, D, hustle and general effectiveness.

2pac
07-30-2005, 02:37 PM
maybe we could sign him then trade him for Speedy Claxton

Mr. Body
07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
He hasn't shown much in his time in the league.

AI-square
07-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Salmons for Scola!

LOL

Horry For 3!
07-30-2005, 03:38 PM
No thanks.

timvp
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Salmons is a summer league star, but I don't think he has the athleticism to play in the NBA. He would have ruled in the '70s or '80s, but the defenders of today lock him down.

ALVAREZ6
07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Salmons went to a Plymouth Whitemarsh HS, which is like 15 minutes from my house. We play them in every sport. Just thought I'd share....
We also play Kobe's HS...and they suck so bad.