PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Supply in 2014 Predictions

SnakeBoy
12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Are we going to see and end to the ammo shortage in 2014 or do you think it will continue?

DeadlyDynasty
12-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I bet a bill that boutons finds this thread and posts a link nobody will read

Biernutz
12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Get your ammo now because the price is going up again. The EPA is
mandating that all ammo be lead free. This will raise the price again
because lead bullets are so cheap.

baseline bum
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Get your ammo now because the price is going up again. The EPA is
mandating that all ammo be lead free. This will raise the price again
because lead bullets are so cheap.

Can't have niggas getting cancer after they get their heads blown off tbh

Bender
12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
I make my own, but there's a component shortage too :cuss

TSA
12-23-2013, 09:21 PM
It already seems to have ended where I'm at. I can easily find every caliber I use 9mm/.40/.45/.223 at wal mart these days. 22lr is a different story though as I can't find it easily, sold my Sig Sauer .22 because of this.

Drachen
12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I figure that the ammo shortage will last as long as the ammo manufacturers want the ammo shortage to last.

TSA
12-23-2013, 10:42 PM
I figure that the ammo shortage will last as long as the ammo manufacturers want the ammo shortage to last.

Over the last five years the demand for ammo has doubled. Machinery to meet this demand and produce ammo is not cheap, neither are the raw materials. I don't believe for a second that it has anything to do with the manufacturers.

Drachen
12-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Over the last five years the demand for ammo has doubled. Machinery to meet this demand and produce ammo is not cheap, neither are the raw materials. I don't believe for a second that it has anything to do with the manufacturers.

Like I said, when the manufacturers want it to be over it will be over.

Biernutz
12-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Homeland Security made massive purchasing of ammo saying the needed it for practice. What they
really did was bought as much ammo as they could to create a shortage. If you can't get gun control
passed you try to take away the ammo or make it cost a lot. Here we go again with the lead bullets.....

TSA
12-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Homeland Security made massive purchasing of ammo saying the needed it for practice. What they
really did was bought as much ammo as they could to create a shortage. If you can't get gun control
passed you try to take away the ammo or make it cost a lot. Here we go again with the lead bullets.....You are completely wrong. I just read an article on those claims and in reality it worked out to something like 1,200 rounds per person for every agency under DHS. The demand exceeded the supply, simple as that. There was no .gov conspiracy. It will be back to normal soon, although a tad bit more expensive.

TSA
12-23-2013, 11:52 PM
That's a bit different then intentionally holding back production.

Biernutz
12-24-2013, 12:19 AM
That's a bit different then intentionally holding back production.

There was no shortages till the goverment started buying more rounds than the military and trying
to get gun control....The shortages started and the average shooter bought more than he needed. Every
person in every dept. of DHS needed 1000 rounds of ammo? Why?

TSA
12-24-2013, 01:00 AM
There was no shortages till the goverment started buying more rounds than the military and trying
to get gun control....The shortages started and the average shooter bought more than he needed. Every
person in every dept. of DHS needed 1000 rounds of ammo? Why?
Was the government also buying up all AR the bolt carrier groups, lower parts kits, and lowers? Did the government also buy up all the .22lr? Panic buying causes shortages.

Wild Cobra
12-24-2013, 01:06 AM
You have no business sense, do you? Manufacturers would be best off to make more capacity to produce more, capturing more market share than their competitors. With the lead times of making more manufacturing equipment, and uncertainty of future demand, it's a gamble to increase production capability. By the time they are ready to produce more, the "bubble" will likely be gone, and it would be wasted capital.

TSA
12-24-2013, 01:06 AM
And to answer your question concerning DHS's ammo needs, here are the agencies using rounds under DHS.

US customs and border protection
Federal law enforcement training center
National protection and programs directorate
Federal protective service
US immigration and customs enforcement
Transportation security admission
US coast guard
US secret service

Please drop the conspiracy bullshit, I don't feel like having to give you the accompanying round counts for each department from my phone to further shove it down your ass, thanks.

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2013, 01:14 AM
whats the demand and supply for govt vs private sector?

SnakeBoy
12-24-2013, 01:25 AM

Well ammo manufacturers are running 3 shifts 24/7, turned warehouse space into manufacturing space, Remington is actually building another manufacturing facility, foreign imports have doubled, and it hasn't made a dent in meeting demand. From what I have read it will end when people stop hoarding ammo and then there will be a glut. I just want to be able buy a brick of 22lr without spending $100+.

Biernutz
12-24-2013, 02:46 AM
And to answer your question concerning DHS's ammo needs, here are the agencies using rounds under DHS.

US customs and border protection
Federal law enforcement training center
National protection and programs directorate
Federal protective service
US immigration and customs enforcement
Transportation security admission
US coast guard
US secret service

Please drop the conspiracy bullshit, I don't feel like having to give you the accompanying round counts for each department from my phone to further shove it down your ass, thanks.

Why is the GAO is investing the DHS ammo purchases. Why are they buying hollow points
for practice instead of buying the cheaper solid point practice bullets. Our military are
not allowed to use hollow points. DHS was buying 24 IRAQ years worth of ammo.
When it came out that they wanted to buy 2.0 billion bullets and Obama was pushing
gun control at the same time no wonder ammo was jumping off the racks at stores.
Police departments around the country were saying they couldn't get ammo for their
officers. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) was looking for
46,00 rounds ,and the Social Security Administration (174,000 rounds) were one of the groups that
wanted the ammo. Got to keep the seniors in wheelchairs in line. The army has been
using a green 5.56 round since 2011. The rounds are not any better they just cost more as all
the new rounds will next year. The current lead bullets will clear the racks because of cost
I'll drop the conspiracy shit if you can get your guy to come thru with his transparency boast.
As for your phone, where I come from we use the phone for making calls, data and text not getting
some deviant gratification you seem to use it for. :) Have a nice day!

SnakeBoy
12-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Why is the GAO is investing the DHS ammo purchases. Why are they buying hollow points
for practice instead of buying the cheaper solid point practice bullets. Our military are
When it came out that they wanted to buy 2.0 billion bullets and Obama was pushing
gun control at the same time no wonder ammo was jumping off the racks at stores.
Police departments around the country were saying they couldn't get ammo for their
officers. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) was looking for
46,00 rounds ,and the Social Security Administration (174,000 rounds) were one of the groups that
wanted the ammo. Got to keep the seniors in wheelchairs in line. The army has been
using a green 5.56 round since 2011. The rounds are not any better they just cost more as all
the new rounds will next year. The current lead bullets will clear the racks because of cost
I'll drop the conspiracy shit if you can get your guy to come thru with his transparency boast.
As for your phone, where I come from we use the phone for making calls, data and text not getting

Have you been stocking up on ammo?

Biernutz
12-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Have you been stocking up on ammo?

No...I'm not a preper...

CosmicCowboy
12-24-2013, 08:43 AM
If .22 ammo ever comes back down I'm damn sure gonna stock up. I'm down to my last 1000 rounds.

TSA
12-24-2013, 02:28 PM

:lmao......."my guy". You are the first person I've encountered on the internet that has me siding with Obama.

You are so all over the place and so wrong I don't even know where to start.

All agencies purchase hollow-points, federal, state, and local. Most private citizens purchase hollow-points. I purchase hollow points. They are the standard for defensive use I'm not sure what you are so caught up on.

When you hear DHS is purchasing 450 million rounds of hollow points I know it makes you shit your little pants, but this is a contract they have spread over five years which allows them to procure ammo at a good price. Are you suggesting they just buy it year to year and waste more tax dollars or do you think it sound practice to purchase in bulk and save tax dollars?

From Federal Premium Ammunition themselves:
"The Department of Homeland Security contract makes up a very small percentage of our total ammunition output. This contract is not taking ammunition away from civilians. The current increase in demand is attributed to the civilian market. Our production levels on government contracts have been stable since the mid-2000's"

During this "shortage" you are speaking of DHS's purchases have actually gone down.

2010- 148,314,825
2011- 108,664,054
2012- 103,178,200

These numbers do not correlate with your conspiracy theory. There is no conspiracy theory. The ammo shortage is strictly due to consumer demand.

mouse
12-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Please drop the conspiracy bullshit,

How is posting the facts bullshit?

http://www.infowars.com/gun-owners-see-ammunition-shortage-in-california-across-u-s/

8zsop6LjGQE

m>s
12-24-2013, 02:41 PM
You are completely wrong. I just read an article on those claims and in reality it worked out to something like 1,200 rounds per person for every agency under DHS. The demand exceeded the supply, simple as that. There was no .gov conspiracy. It will be back to normal soon, although a tad bit more expensive.

gotta disagree with you here dude, in total they ended up buying enough ammo to fight the iraq and afghan war for 20+ years then stopped reporting their purchases as people caught on so who really knows what theyve bought since then

m>s
12-24-2013, 02:42 PM
:lmao......."my guy". You are the first person I've encountered on the internet that has me siding with Obama.

You are so all over the place and so wrong I don't even know where to start.

All agencies purchase hollow-points, federal, state, and local. Most private citizens purchase hollow-points. I purchase hollow points. They are the standard for defensive use I'm not sure what you are so caught up on.

When you hear DHS is purchasing 450 million rounds of hollow points I know it makes you shit your little pants, but this is a contract they have spread over five years which allows them to procure ammo at a good price. Are you suggesting they just buy it year to year and waste more tax dollars or do you think it sound practice to purchase in bulk and save tax dollars?

From Federal Premium Ammunition themselves:
"The Department of Homeland Security contract makes up a very small percentage of our total ammunition output. This contract is not taking ammunition away from civilians. The current increase in demand is attributed to the civilian market. Our production levels on government contracts have been stable since the mid-2000's"

During this "shortage" you are speaking of DHS's purchases have actually gone down.

2010- 148,314,825
2011- 108,664,054
2012- 103,178,200

These numbers do not correlate with your conspiracy theory. There is no conspiracy theory. The ammo shortage is strictly due to consumer demand.

weren't ALL of their purchases hollow points? the numbers i saw were 2.1 billion HOLLOWPOINTS. not for training, for action. the 450 number may have just been like 1 purchase, they made several huge purchases. you don't train with hollowpoints.

TSA
12-24-2013, 02:44 PM
gotta disagree with you here dude, in total they ended up buying enough ammo to fight the iraq and afghan war for 20+ years then stopped reporting their purchases as people caught on so who really knows what theyve bought since then

I'm not disagreeing on the amounts they have purchased, I am disagreeing that these amounts caused the ammo shortage. We caused the ammo shortage, not the government.

TSA
12-24-2013, 02:45 PM
How is posting the facts bullshit?

http://www.infowars.com/gun-owners-see-ammunition-shortage-in-california-across-u-s/

8zsop6LjGQE

Well done, the article you linked to supports my stance that civilian consumers caused the shortage. Thanks.

TSA
12-24-2013, 02:49 PM
weren't ALL of their purchases hollow points? the numbers i saw were 2.1 billion HOLLOWPOINTS. not for training, for action. the 450 number may have just been like 1 purchase, they made several huge purchases. you don't train with hollowpoints.

No they were not all hollow-points.

TSA
12-24-2013, 02:51 PM
m>s....

I don't trust the government much at all anymore, and can't stand the current administration, but the shortage is our own fault. The only blame the government has in this is getting people riled up enough to start panic buying.

DMC
12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
We had exactly what I predicted. We had panic driven conspiracy idiots purchasing massive amounts of ammunition, and we had scalpers buying it up faster than them so they could mark it up and sell it for more. Add those together and you get a shortage. Same with anything.

You can still buy all the things you could buy before. You just have to pay more for convenience now because your neighbor needed 20,000 rounds of .223 ammo because you never know when a horde of prairie dogs are going to attack your village.

Just look at any outdoor forum. Every other classified thread is about ammo for sale.

m>s
12-24-2013, 02:56 PM
looks like you're right they aren't all hollowpoints. but here are a few other equally big questions:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

TSA
12-24-2013, 03:14 PM
We had exactly what I predicted. We had panic driven conspiracy idiots purchasing massive amounts of ammunition, and we had scalpers buying it up faster than them so they could mark it up and sell it for more. Add those together and you get a shortage. Same with anything.

You can still buy all the things you could buy before. You just have to pay more for convenience now because your neighbor needed 20,000 rounds of .223 ammo because you never know when a horde of prairie dogs are going to attack your village.

Just look at any outdoor forum. Every other classified thread is about ammo for sale.

The ammo I can understand, what really bugged me about this panic was the random parts being bought up I needed to finish some builds (BCG's/LPK's/barrels/trigger kits). Glad it has all finally come back in stock at reasonable prices, allowing me to finally finish this with quality parts.
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/f147c3b3-b4c1-404d-9587-20ffb89088b8_zps87cf4261.jpg (http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/thefuzzylumpkins/media/f147c3b3-b4c1-404d-9587-20ffb89088b8_zps87cf4261.jpg.html)
Had to send back the EoTech for it though, the slight :cry astigmatism :cry in my right eye makes the hologram too fuzzy. Got a Burris 1x4 on the way.

m>s
12-24-2013, 03:19 PM
is that a magpul stock son

TSA
12-24-2013, 03:20 PM
And anyone who thinks 1,500 rounds a year per person is a lot obviously doesn't get out and shoot much. I shoot much more than that and I'm just a civilian.

TSA
12-24-2013, 03:21 PM
is that a magpul stock son

No, B5 Sopmod. Switched out a magpul ctr for it. Like it much better.

TSA
12-24-2013, 03:23 PM
All this ammo chatter has reminded me I need to go to Wal-Mart for a weekly stock up. Thanks biernutz!!! Off to continue the shortage.

m>s
12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
walmarts around here now have american eagle for 7 bucks a box again...good stuff for the price

exstatic
12-24-2013, 03:52 PM
The shortage ends when the hysteria and hoarding does.

mouse
12-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Well done, the article you linked to supports my stance that civilian consumers caused the shortage. Thanks.

Just don't go around calling "conspiracy" bullshit unless you can prove it.

wiKyK3EOYgA

14 Conspiracy Theories That The Media Now Admits Are Conspiracy Facts

How many times have you heard the mainstream media dismiss certain points of view as “conspiracy theories”? It seems as though one of the easiest ways to brush something off is to label it as something that only “conspiracy theorists” would believe. Well, you know what? A whole lot of the time the “conspiracy theorists” are right and the mainstream media is wrong. In fact, we owe a great debt to “conspiracy theorists” because they will go places and investigate things that the mainstream media would never even touch. The reality is that the mainstream media only tells us what the government and the big corporations want us to hear, and much of the time it is those in the alternative media that are left with the task of trying to figure out what the real truth is. So don’t look down on conspiracy theories or conspiracy theorists. In a world where almost everything we are told is a lie, the truth can be very difficult to find.

The following are 14 conspiracy theories that the media now admits are conspiracy facts….

#1 Fukushima Uninhabitable

Back in April, I published an article entitled “Much Of Northern Japan Uninhabitable Due To Nuclear Radiation?“ At the time, almost everyone in the mainstream media was insisting that Fukushima was nothing like Chernobyl and that those that lived near Fukushima would be able to return to their homes fairly soon.

Well, it turns out that those of us that feared the worst were right after all. Just consider the following quote from the New York Times….

Broad areas around the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant could soon be declared uninhabitable, perhaps for decades, after a government survey found radioactive contamination that far exceeded safe levels, several major media outlets said Monday.

#2 U.S. Military Attack On Libya

At the beginning of this year, nobody would have dreamed that the U.S. military would have attacked Libya this year.

But it happened. At first those that tried to warn about an upcoming conflict with Libya were called kooks, and even up until recently many in the media were still trying to deny that NATO was arming and training the rebels.

Well, the truth is that NATO had special forces on the ground even before the conflict began.

The “rebel groups” (which include large numbers of al-Qaeda fighters) would have been soundly defeated by Gaddafi if not for relentless air strikes by the U.S. military and NATO.

Instead of a straightforward invasion like we saw in Afghanistan and Iraq, the U.S. military and NATO systematically developed, trained and equipped “rebel groups” within the country and have used them as the ground forces for this campaign.

That way the goals of the U.S. and EU could still be achieved, but in the end they would have less blood on their hands.

As the conflict winds down, now even the New York Times is admitting that we have trained and equipped the rebels….

“We always knew there would be a point where the effectiveness of the government forces would decline to the point where they could not effectively command and control their forces,” said the diplomat, who was granted anonymity to discuss confidential details of the battle inside Tripoli.

“At the same time,” the diplomat said, “the learning curve for the rebels, with training and equipping, was increasing. What we’ve seen in the past two or three weeks is these two curves have crossed.”

Sadly, there is still a very good chance that U.S. troops could end up on the ground in Libya.

Many prominent officials are already calling for the U.S. and the EU to provide occupation forces. Richard Haas, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, has authored an opinion piece for the Financial Times entitled “Libya Now Needs Boots on the Ground“.

If that happens, it will likely end up being a situation very similar to what we have today in Iraq.

#3 Widespread Use Of RFID Chips In Humans

The doubters said it would never happen. They said we would never see the day when RFID chips were implanted in humans on a widespread basis.

Well, today there are examples of this all over the world. One of the most stunning examples recently has come out of Mexico. According to the Washington Post, “thousands of worried Mexicans” have been having “satellite and radio-frequency tracking products” implanted in their skin in order to protect themselves against abduction.

#4 $2000 Gold

It was only a matter of months ago that we were told that gold was “in a bubble” at $1400 or $1500 an ounce.

Well, gold recently crossed the $1900 an ounce barrier, and appears poised to go much higher as global financial instability intensifies.

#5 Obama Wants To Impose Backdoor Amnesty

Those that warned that Barack Obama was going to impose amnesty for illegal immigrants by executive fiat were called “nuts” and “conspiracy theorists”.

Well, it has happened. The Obama administration has now instituted “backdoor amnesty” for illegal immigrants and even plans to provide them with work permits.

#6 U.S. Government Provides Weapons For Mexican Drug Cartels

For a long time there were those that claimed that the U.S. government was providing guns to Mexican drug cartels, but nobody wanted to listen.

Well, it is all now a matter of public record. It turns out that the U.S. government facilitated the transfer of thousands of guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

The following is a brief excerpt from a CBS News report that discusses the fierce opposition that many ATF agents expressed to allowing thousands of guns to be given into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels….

On the phone, one Project Gunrunner source (who didn’t want to be identified) told us just how many guns flooded the black market under ATF’s watchful eye. “The numbers are over 2,500 on that case by the way. That’s how many guns were sold – including some 50-calibers they let walk.”

50-caliber weapons are fearsome. For months, ATF agents followed 50-caliber Barrett rifles and other guns believed headed for the Mexican border, but were ordered to let them go. One distraught agent was often overheard on ATF radios begging and pleading to be allowed to intercept transports. The answer: “Negative. Stand down.”

CBS News has been told at least 11 ATF agents and senior managers voiced fierce opposition to the strategy. “It got ugly…” said one. There was “screaming and yelling” says another. A third warned: “this is crazy, somebody is gonna to get killed.”

Amazingly, three of the key ATF officials involved in putting thousands of guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartels were recently promoted.

#7 Fluoride Is Harmful

Incredibly, the federal government is finally admitting that high levels of fluoride in our drinking water can be harmful. In fact, the feds have reduced the “recommended amount” of fluoride in our drinking water for the first time in 50 years.

We probably won’t see them ban fluoride any time soon, but for them to even acknowledge a problem with fluoride is a major step. In a recent article on CNN, it was reported that the federal government is now saying that high levels of fluoride in the water have now officially been linked with fluorosis….

The Department of Health and Human Services and Environmental Protection Agency are proposing the change because of an increase in fluorosis — a condition that causes spotting and streaking on children’s teeth.

#8 The Federal Reserve Favors The Big Banks

We were always told by the media that the Federal Reserve was “above politics” and that it did not show favoritism.

Well, we all know now that the Fed is deeply corrupt and about the only people that they actually help are their friends.

It turns out that the Federal Reserve very quietly showered the big banks and their friends with hundreds of billions of dollars in loans at rates that were substantially below market during the financial crisis. While Wall Street was being flooded with easy loans, none of the small banks that were deeply suffering and no average Americans got any money.

#9 Cell Phones Linked To Cancer

For years, “conspiracy theorists” have been claiming that cell phone use can cause cancer.

Well, the mainstream media is starting to catch up. Some very startling scientific studies have come out recently that are hard to ignore.

The following is an excerpt from a recent CNN article about one of these studies….

At the highest exposure levels — using a mobile phone half an hour a day over a 10-year period — the study found a 40 percent increased risk of glioma brain tumors.

#10 The Credit Rating Agencies Are Corrupt

We have all been taught that the credit rating agencies are supposed to be objective.

But in the real world things are not that simple.

For example, just a short time after long-term U.S. government debt was downgraded, the head of Standard & Poor’s is resigning, and is being replaced by Douglas Peterson, the former COO of Citigroup.

Do you think the former COO of Citigroup is going to come down hard on his former comrades over at the big Wall Street banks?

Also, a whistleblower has come forward with some stunning revelations about Moody’s. The following is what former analyst William Harrington says was going on over at that credit agency during the financial crisis….

“The track record of management influence in committees speaks for itself — it produced hollowed-out (collateralized debt obligation) opinions that were at great odds with the private opinions of committees and which were not durable for even a short period after publication”

#11 Prescription Drugs Kill A Lot Of Americans

Growing up, I never even imagined that prescription drugs could be dangerous. I had complete faith in the medical community and the government to only allow drugs on the market that were fully tested and proven to be 100% safe.

Well, I was dead wrong. The truth is that adverse reactions to prescription drugs kill a huge number of Americans every year. A recent Vanity Fair article entitled “Deadly Medicine” began with the following statement….

Prescription drugs kill some 200,000 Americans every year. Will that number go up, now that most clinical trials are conducted overseas—on sick Russians, homeless Poles, and slum-dwelling Chinese—in places where regulation is virtually nonexistent, the F.D.A. doesn’t reach, and “mistakes” can end up in pauper’s graves?

#12 Bisphenol-A Is Linked To Infertility

A very common chemical known as bisphenol-A is found in thousands upon thousands of our plastic products. It also turns out that it has some really nasty effects on the human body.

Fortunately, some in the mainstream media are beginning to acknowledge this. Back in October, one of the largest UK newspapers published an article entitled “Bisphenol-A now linked to male infertility” which made the following unequivocal statement about the dangers of BPA….

Bisphenol-A (BPA), known as the “gender bending” chemical because of its connection to male impotence, has now been shown to decrease sperm mobility and quality.

#13 The “Super Congress” Is In The Pocket Of Wall Street Interests

The amount of money that has been donated to the campaigns of those on the “Super Congress” is absolutely astounding.

Just check out what a recent CNBC article had to say about the matter….

Overall, according to the center’s research, the dozen super committee members have raised more than $50 million from the finance, insurance and real estate sector since the 1990 election cycle.

How much influence do you think 50 million dollars is going to buy?

#14 The Targeting Of Christian Groups

We are increasingly hearing from the Obama administration and some members of Congress that we need to be really concerned about “homegrown terrorists” and “Christian extremists”.

For example, during a recent Congressional hearing U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee warned that “Christian militants” might try to “bring down the country” and that such groups need to be investigated.

In addition, according to a shocking document obtained by Oath Keepers, the FBI is now instructing store owners to report many new forms of “suspicious activity” to them. According to the document, “suspicious activity” now includes making “extreme religious statements” and believing in “radical theology”.

Not only that, a Department of Homeland Security report on “right wing extremism” from April 2009 lists the following people as potential terrorists….

-those that believe in “end times” prophecies

-those that believe abortion is wrong

-those that stockpile food, ammunition or weapons

-those that are against same-sex marriage

-those that believe in “New World Order” conspiracy theories

I don’t know about you, but when the federal government starts targeting people based on their religious beliefs, that makes me very nervous.

This world is officially going crazy. So don’t blame “conspiracy theorists” for wanting to dig around and get the facts. The mainstream media sure doesn’t give us much of the truth.

As the world continues to fall apart and as the propaganda from the mainstream media gets even more blatant, the hunger for the truth is only going to grow.

Who knows? Perhaps before it is all over you will be a “conspiracy theorist” too.
The Beginning Of The End - The New Novel About The Future Of America By Michael T. Snyder

TSA
12-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Mouse, where in any of that does it say civilians didn't cause the shortage?

leemajors
12-24-2013, 11:21 PM
And anyone who thinks 1,500 rounds a year per person is a lot obviously doesn't get out and shoot much. I shoot much more than that and I'm just a civilian.

do you hunt at all ever? honestly curious

mouse
12-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Mouse, where in any of that does it say civilians didn't cause the shortage?

Not disputing the ammo topic just your comment on conspiracies.

IL3XQBN1L_M

TSA
12-25-2013, 07:02 PM
do you hunt at all ever? honestly curious

I hunt duck, quail, dove, and turkey in season. Not much else near San Diego. We've got deer on Palomar Mtn near me but I don't like to eat it so I don't hunt it. I just like to shoot a lot, guns intrigue me. I'm more of a fisherman than hunter though.

mouse
12-25-2013, 07:07 PM
I hunt duck, quail, dove, and turkey in season. Not much else near San Diego. We've got deer on Palomar Mtn near me but I don't like to eat it so I don't hunt it. I just like to shoot a lot, guns intrigue me. I'm more of a fisherman than hunter though.

Any photos.

Biernutz
12-26-2013, 05:03 PM
All this ammo chatter has reminded me I need to go to Wal-Mart for a weekly stock up. Thanks biernutz!!! Off to continue the shortage.

My "chatter" about the sale of ammo is how I feel about what caused the shortage. DHS
decided to buy ammo in bulk for the first time in 4 years at the same time there was media
shit storm about the 2nd amendment because of some members of congress would use a
tragedy to further along an agenda on gun control. I find the timing and complete lack
of transparency as to why DHS was buying the ammo at this time as poor attempt by our
inept members of this administration for the gun control agenda. I am not alone in the thinking as a
amendment was passed in Congress for DHS will have to have all ammo buys reviewed first.
There was also a GAO investion into the matter.

Enough people were alarmed by what was going on that guns and rifles were bought because of
the threat of control. Some who had never owned a gun were buying them. Of course when you
buy a gun you want to go out and shoot it, so you buy ammo. I went to sporting goods stores in
San Antonio and there was no hand guns and only a few shot guns left. All the stock guns were
back ordered. Ammo for these guns were off the shelf's as they were just about empty. No doubt
a lot of the buying was anticipation on how the vote in congress about the weapons control ban.

The Democrats did more to put another million guns in the hands of Americans by the failed gun
control efforts in congress during this time then anything the NRA could have done.
Since the failure of the measure, the talk of control has calmed down and people have stopped
buying guns and ammo. There is plenty of guns and ammo around at pre- prices.

If you are still short handed on ammo here are some links as to buying it on line at fair prices.
I have heard that the cost of the "green" ammo will be up about 5%-8%. This could change.

http://ammo-can.net/stock/?st=TX&cal=9&prod=0
http://gunbot.net/
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/