PDA

View Full Version : :lol country music

benefactor
12-23-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

baseline bum
12-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Can you believe country once didn't suck?

Aq344ks1ieg

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Can you believe country once didn't suck?

Aq344ks1ieg
Given how successful the country music industry was in cashing in on 9/11 and the War in Iraq, I can't really fault it for sucking. Tobeh Keith is worth way more than he ever would have been as a pre-9/11 country music singer :lol

benefactor
12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
I was never a huge fan of country, but I had a few songs in the 90's that I liked. Like much of the rest of mainstream music the writing effort is just not there anymore...and as DoK said, it's because it doesn't have to be. Why try when the public will eat up whatever you feed them?

Spur-Addict
12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
"Climb up on in here girl" :lol

Reck
12-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Willie Nelson son.

Still listen to his old ass songs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Willie Nelson son.

Still listen to his old ass songs.

Do you have it on the same playlist as Hookastank and Lou Bega :lol

Reck
12-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Do you have it on the same playlist as Hookastank and Lou Bega :lol

Of course not, you have to earn your way to that list.

lebomb
12-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I was never a huge fan of country, but I had a few songs in the 90's that I liked. Like much of the rest of mainstream music the writing effort is just not there anymore...and as DoK said, it's because it doesn't have to be. Why try when the public will eat up whatever you feed them?

I love country. Me and Darius Rucker are probably the only Niggras that can two step.

DJR210
12-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I was never a huge fan of country, but I had a few songs in the 90's that I liked. I'll drink to that shit.

baseline bum
12-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Given how successful the country music industry was in cashing in on 9/11 and the War in Iraq, I can't really fault it for sucking. Tobeh Keith is worth way more than he ever would have been as a pre-9/11 country music singer :lol

What are some particularly bad examples? I unfortunately don't know that nigga's discography well. Does he sing about making sand ######s take off their rag and wave our flag?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2013, 10:03 PM
What are some particularly bad examples? I unfortunately don't know that nigga's discography well. Does he sing about making sand ######s take off their rag and wave our flag?

http://www.songfacts.com/artist-toby_keith.php

Just look at the names of some of these garbage songs :lol

"Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" :lmao:lmao:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
12-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I love country.
It doesn't love your kind

baseline bum
12-23-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.songfacts.com/artist-toby_keith.php

Just look at the names of some of these garbage songs :lol

"Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" :lmao:lmao:lmao

Gayer than this shit?

8ZZf619DIpo

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2013, 10:06 PM
"Freedom isn't free, there's a heavy fuckin fee!"

"You don't wanna mess with the US of A.......we'll shove a boot up your ass, it's the American way!"

Clipper Nation
12-23-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I
Tbh, you could make that exact same video for every year ever....

:lmao Country
:lmao Hillbilly jeebotard music
:lmao Country music and Frothy Santorum attracting the same audience

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Tbh, you could make that exact same video for every year ever....

:lmao Country
:lmao Hillbilly jeebotard music
:lmao Country music and Frothy Santorum attracting the same audience

:lmao

"the ter'ists r gun git us bettr support all of Bush's wars lik muh Tobeh Keith does:cry"

baseline bum
12-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Wow. Do they get worse?

ruNrdmjcNTc

mrsmaalox
12-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I was raised on country music and that old stuff is great. It does suck now but it's not because of Toby Keith. You guys might be too young to remember but it was Barf Brooks who changed it all; there had never been a country star who attained the global success that he had, he's probably still the most successful country artist to date. He crossed from the country niche into pop-rock, and by the end of the 80's every country singer had to sound like him if they wanted to be signed to a label, and guys who didn't sound like him dropped off the face of the earth. Pure country music doesn't have enough of a fan base on it's on to maintain the big $$ the industry saw with Garth Brooks, so they have to dilute it with sounds that have a wider appeal, they did it with pop and now they are even trying to cross into rap, and it is effing atrocious!

redzero
12-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Album in my avy is good country. Wilco, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams and a few others don't suck. I really just listen to Alt-Country. Everything else is kind of lame.

Spurminator
12-23-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't blame Garth Brooks for ruining country. The 80's were full of saccharine poppy country songs. Most of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's stuff basically went perfectly with Air Supply.

Hell, this piece of shit hit #1 on the country charts in the 80's. Try to get through a minute of it. Just try. Then tell me you wouldn't rather hear "Shameless" or "Friends in Low Places" a hundred times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKGInipovM

RD2191
12-23-2013, 10:56 PM
I like Keith Whitley, Blackhawk, Steve Wariner, Vince Gill, shit like that.

mrsmaalox
12-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't blame Garth Brooks for ruining country. The 80's were full of saccharine poppy country songs. Most of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's stuff basically went perfectly with Air Supply.

Hell, this piece of shit hit #1 on the country charts in the 80's. Try to get through a minute of it. Just try. Then tell me you wouldn't rather hear "Shameless" or "Friends in Low Places" a hundred times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKGInipovM

Well I'm not saying Garth Brooks sucks, or that no other country music sucked before he showed up. I'm just saying that his level of success completely changed the country music industry to where the only way to be successful was to have a similar sound. That's when we stopped hearing the old style country music that most of us will agree was great.

Jacob1983
12-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Tractors and beer drinking FTW.

.G.
12-24-2013, 01:29 AM
I can appreciate some stuff from niggas like Willie, Johnny Paycheck, G. Strait, J. Cash, G. Jones, W. jennings, etc... Old school, I guess???? Meh

It's the repulsive line dancing, pop-country, bullshit that fucking blows. "artists" like t. keith, m. lambart, k. urban, cross canadian yada yada yada, ford colt, etc...thats the shit that I can't stand. And what's with all these male singers who don the k urban look with the shoulder-length hair and the fucking streaks? They're suddenly a dime a dozen.

And yes, that shit from t. keith "its the american way....uncle sam...put a boot up yo azz" absolutely sucks donkey ass. But I can certainly see how one can successfully feed this shit to sand-negger-hating-crackers. Easy $$$$

DMC
12-24-2013, 02:29 AM
It's all just a different flavor of the same mass produced slop fed to the masses, all who think their version of slop is so much more enriching and real than anyone elses. George Strait appeals to those who think they aren't going to to change for no one, and they honestly believe George lives on a farm and hasn't snorted coke. They all find a niche and exploit the hell out of it. Then you have a horde of followers trying to cash in as well, none of them ever set foot on a tractor IRL and never wanted to. You take people like Tracy Lawrence, for example. He owns hundreds of acres in Tennessee, has a helicopter he flies around his property and high end cars he has shipped overseas so he can drive them on the autobahn. He sings like he lives in an apartment and works for a living.

The only real ones are the real cowboys (not many of them IRL), the real gangstas who put out a CD, the real drinkers (George Jones, Cash, Hank Sr) and that's just about it. The rest are just people dressing up for work.

lebomb
12-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Everything evolves and changes.....I bet if yall asked your parents, what you liked to listen to 15-20yrs ago they will say is trash. What your kids listen to now you will say is trash. Your grandkids will listen to music that your kids will say is trash. Anything new will probably not appeal to the older generations.

I. Hustle
12-24-2013, 09:33 AM
I love country. Me and Darius Rucker are probably the only Niggras that can two step.

You must never go to Cowboys or Midnight Rodeo. There are black dudes that go to those places that can dance. Eff the two step, those dudes know what they are doing. They dress the part too.

ColinB
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Not the biggest fan. But I'll listen to dudes like Townes Van Zandt and Blaze Foley.

DeadlyDynasty
12-24-2013, 12:02 PM
:cryback when they destroyed their livers with the best of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuTeDUPljQ

Dwight Yoakam
12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm a honky tonk man. I would kick everyone one of these new guys' asses.

ColinB
12-24-2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6slibTD9MF0

This song is sick.

thunderup
12-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Country all day erryday yall

monosylab1k
12-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Gayer than this shit?

8ZZf619DIpo

This whole routine is funny, but around 1:30 his comments about Lee Greenwood are fuckin hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Bb-pZTcmQ

monosylab1k
12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Country all day erryday yall

Yeah we know all about your love for shitty country music.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/553469_3695872326741_1058441763_n.jpg

thunderup
12-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah we know all about your love for shitty country music.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/553469_3695872326741_1058441763_n.jpg
:lol Nope, not me faggot.

JoeChalupa
12-27-2013, 09:24 AM
I listen to country music all the time and like all other music it has evolved. IMHO, todays rock sucks compared to classic rock.

Spurminator
12-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Just listened to Jason Isbell's latest album. Solid.

The Reckoning
12-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Willie
Cash
Steve Earle
Charlie Robison
Alabama
The Civil Wars
early Pat Green
George Strait
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff Walker
Roger Creager

all good

koriwhat
12-27-2013, 07:59 PM
in the words of hw3, "fuck pop country!"

koriwhat
12-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Willie
Cash
Steve Earle
Charlie Robison
Alabama
The Civil Wars
early Pat Green
George Strait
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff Walker
Roger Creager

all good

highway men
david allan coe
scott h biram
hw3
marty robbins
too many to list...

marini martini
12-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Willie
Cash
Steve Earle
Charlie Robison
Alabama
The Civil Wars
early Pat Green
George Strait
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff Walker
Roger Creager

all good

highway men
david allan coe
scott h biram
hw3
marty robbins
too many to list...

Lucinda Williams
Avett Bros.
Son Volt
Ray Wylie
Hayes Carl
Delbert McClinton
James McMurtry
Band of Heathens
Fred Eaglesmith
Roseanne Cash
Tony Joe White (poke Salad Annie) making a comeback.