PDA

View Full Version : Coaches should be allowed to challenge pass interference calls

BRHornet45
12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
holy shit that was one of the worst pass interference calls that I have ever seen.

if the NFL is going to give their officials the power to completely change the outcome of a game with pass interference calls, then coaches should be allowed to throw the challenge flag. that bullshit call will put points on the board for the 49ers whenever it was a clean 3rd down stop.

pass interference in the NFL is just like traveling in the NBA. it happens all the time and almost every other possession, but the officials pick and choose when to call that tick tack nonsense.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2013, 10:42 PM
holy shit that was one of the worst pass interference calls that I have ever seen.

if the NFL is going to give their officials the power to completely change the outcome of a game with pass interference calls, then coaches should be allowed to throw the challenge flag. that bullshit call will put points on the board for the 49ers whenever it was a clean 3rd down stop.

pass interference in the NFL is just like traveling in the NBA. it happens all the time and almost every other possession, but the officials pick and choose when to call that tick tack nonsense.

I agree with everything in bold. This is something I agree with, and it should be implemented. Especially in a game nowadays so dictated by the offense.

Clipper Nation
12-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Bullshit PI calls are ruining the game, tbh....

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM
It's an inevitable rule change, tbh, I'd be surprised if it isn't implemented within the next 2 seasons..

Robz4000
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM
I concur

spurraider21
12-24-2013, 12:30 AM
it needs to be implemented. and people saying "you can't challenge penalties" turn a blind eye to all those times darth hoodie challgenged for 12 men on the field beause some fatfuck on the other squad still had one heel inbounds

Holden_Caulfield
12-24-2013, 12:40 AM
that would mean you'd also have to allow to challenge pretty much any penalties. i guarantee each challenge will be used every game :lol

spurraider21
12-24-2013, 12:46 AM
that would mean you'd also have to allow to challenge pretty much any penalties. i guarantee each challenge will be used every game :lol

you can already challenge 12 men on the field, illegal forward pass

Holden_Caulfield
12-24-2013, 12:47 AM
you can already challenge 12 men on the field, illegal forward pass
yeah but then you can challenge holding calls and block in the backs, if anything else you should only be allowed to challenge a flag once a game.

spurraider21
12-24-2013, 12:51 AM
yeah but then you can challenge holding calls and block in the backs, if anything else you should only be allowed to challenge a flag once a game.

i think the thread is specifically arguing PI calls to be up for review, not all penalties. lol u can negate almost every big play with some bs holding call

HarlemHeat37
12-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Holding isn't nearly as harmful, though..

The automatic 1st down hurts, but it's only 5 yards, whereas PI can destroy an entire defensive stand in 1 play..

Holden_Caulfield
12-24-2013, 01:02 AM
i think the thread is specifically arguing PI calls to be up for review, not all penalties. lol u can negate almost every big play with some bs holding call
yeah but i doubt the league will just allow challenging pi penalties and not others, you should also be allowed to challenge personal fouls.

spurraider21
12-24-2013, 01:45 AM
yeah but i doubt the league will just allow challenging pi penalties and not others, you should also be allowed to challenge personal fouls.
They already allow you to challenge some penalties without allowing all the others