PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is averaging 15.5 and 8.5 per 36...

apalisoc_9
12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Sucks that he has to be treated like an old guy and play 28 minutes a game...But whatever benefits the team in the long-run I guess...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Sucks that he has to be treated like an old guy and play 28 minutes a game...But whatever benefits the team in the long-run I guess...

he has knee problems... that's not good at a young age. we need him for the playoffs.. knee tendinitis is a very big deal

TheGoldStandard
12-23-2013, 11:20 PM
He'll average about 30+ in the playoffs

Juggity
12-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Better that Pop is playing him 30 minutes/night and he's healthy for the playoffs than a coach like Thibodeau playing him 42 minutes/night for every game of the regular season and ending his career with a torn ACL or some other catastrophic knee problem at age 25.

TheGoldStandard
12-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Better that Pop is playing him 30 minutes/night and he's healthy for the playoffs than a coach like Thibodeau playing him 42 minutes/night for every game of the regular season and ending his career with a torn ACL or some other catastrophic knee problem at age 25.
Truth

ThaBigFundamental21
12-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Truth

Except for the fact he is not going to get any better if he isn't on the court. He isn't going to have some magical transformation just because the playoffs start. Kawhi needs minutes to hone his craft. I don't care what anyone counters. Yes his numbers will spike with more minutes. But he can't improve on key areas of his game if he isn't getting in game reps. End of story.

If his knees are as bad as you all are claiming then trade him. How good is a 22 year old who can't play 30 minutes per game because of knee issues??? When he is 26 what does that mean??? If his knees are this bad at 22 they will only get awful as time passes...

Unless of course Pop is just pulling his usual shit...

DapDaGenius
12-23-2013, 11:41 PM
That's around what Kawhi will average when Duncan retires.

LakerHater
12-24-2013, 05:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcNxkcLCMAAAyp_.jpg:large

wtgspurs
12-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Kawhi is hot (no homo)

cjw
12-24-2013, 06:17 PM

Hey, at least Thibs won the regular season title twice. That has to count for something, right? I've never understood why he grinds his guys into the ground like that.

RD2191
12-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Kawhi is hot (no homo)

Turn in your man card at the front office.

Chomag
12-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Nice to have now but for the future not so much if he cant play that much at 22.

PlayNando
12-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Kawhi is fragile tbh. I believe he missed more time than Tony or Manu last season (at least Tony). His minutes have to be managed so he doesn't break, per par.

lmbebo
12-24-2013, 07:55 PM
He can sit all year and let it get better, or try and manage the pain and get experience and help the team win.

He's not fragile by any stretch.

Kidd K
12-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Hey, at least Thibs won the regular season title twice. That has to count for something, right? I've never understood why he grinds his guys into the ground like that.

Not if you did it in the eastern conference it doesn't.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
12-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Turn in your man card at the front office.

:lol

wildchild
12-25-2013, 10:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcNxkcLCMAAAyp_.jpg:large

KAWHISENBERG in da house!

wildchild
12-25-2013, 10:31 AM
If his knees are as bad as you all are claiming then trade him. How good is a 22 year old who can't play 30 minutes per game because of knee issues??? When he is 26 what does that mean??? If his knees are this bad at 22 they will only get awful as time passes...

Agree. I'm sure the original plan wasn't to trade him in just his third season but if some people think Leonard has potential to become a franchise cornerstone in a young team that makes him the focus, and if we have doubts about his physical condition, we must trade him for 1st round draft picks.

We should try to deceive rebuilding teams and get a good draft pick, bc they'd think Leonard'll be a solid foundational piece as RC thought in 2011 draft
Without Big3 we'll need a plan B.

Seventyniner
12-25-2013, 01:29 PM
IIRC the main reason for a player breaking down when he ages is total number of minutes played rather than absolute age. That's why Pop limits the minutes of the big 3, and I wonder if it will pay dividends for Kawhi playing fewer minutes at an early age. Kawhi's career will far outlast Pop's, though.

cd021
12-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Nice to have now but for the future not so much if he cant play that much at 22.

He played 32 mpg last season and nearly 37 in the post season. Granted he did miss like 6 weeks at one point. Pop is probably just pacing him in hopes of keeping him healthy. We didn't have a SF for like a 17 game stretch the year before. We can't afford that now.

cd021
12-25-2013, 08:02 PM
His scoring has been much better this season, despite the over hype and his 3pt shooting. I think he should focus more on that mid range game. Statistically his is a very good mid range shooter. Limiting his 3pt shooting can make him a more efficient player. Parker, Marion, Dirk, Wade, Lebron, have all done this to good result.

cjw
12-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Not if you did it in the eastern conference it doesn't.

My point exactly. Which is why it's such a farce that home court goes to the better regular season record when schedules are so unbalanced. No better way though. Best team in east will have games 5 and 7 at home for foreseeable future with new format