PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Did Kobe surpass Pippen?

Thebesteva
12-24-2013, 02:59 AM
When all is said and done, who goes down as the greatest sidekick of all time? 3peat Kobe or Scottie? TBH I have to vote for Kobe on this one

lefty
12-24-2013, 03:03 AM
I made a thread about this

LEt me retrieve it

lefty
12-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Here; I made solid points TBH

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221380

HI-FI
12-24-2013, 03:07 AM
without looking at the stats, I'd take Pippen over Kobe anyday of the week.

LkrFan
12-24-2013, 03:13 AM
:lol

scanry
12-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Pippen was the best sidekick any SG could ask for tbh. He'd mask all your defensive collapses and also made MJ look better than he really was.

sook
12-24-2013, 03:17 AM
Prolly pippen. I hear he was packin down low too, never needed to rape anybody unlike an insecure rapist we all know.

CitizenDwayne
12-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Better all-around career accomplishments? Kobe

Who would I rather have on my team? Pippen

AchillesHeel
12-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Pippen: 6
The tired old shit bag Kirby: 5

Let us proceed...

Pippen: led his team to 55 wins after losing the best player in the game and was 1 game away from the ECF
Kirby: 34 wins, missed playoffs after losing Shaq

Thebesteva
12-24-2013, 05:27 AM

Some great points. Honestly, sometimes when I watch the 3peat championship stuff I realize when Pippen went to Portland he in essence tried to be 'the man'. He was a game 7 collapse away from winning a title imo and who knows what direction his career would have gone in if the Blazers didnt get Shawed that night.

Kobe did go on to win 2 as the man, I think overall he accomplished more in those 09-10 teams than Pippen ever did but as a sidekick Scottie was much more accepting of his role.

Robz4000
12-24-2013, 05:29 AM
Pippen and its not close. It helps that he wouldn't intentionally shoot his team out of a championship (or two if not for the efforts of a certain player formally named Artest) to try to prove he was the alpha.

Clipper Nation
12-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Pippen, tbh.... when he had to serve as the alpha, he led his teams to conference finals, whereas Kirby missed the playoffs in his prime as the alpha....

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Pippen, tbh.... when he had to serve as the alpha, he led his teams to conference finals, whereas Kirby missed the playoffs in his prime as the alpha....

This is true

CitizenDwayne
12-24-2013, 11:33 AM
as a sidekick Scottie was much more accepting of his role.

Toni Kukoc would disagree.

Thread
12-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Pippen, tbh.... when he had to serve as the alpha, he led his teams to conference finals

Since when is that an NBA Title? Uh, uh, I'm back and when I'm back we assume the standard for all 30 teams:::make the playoffs, win the last game you play. There is nothing else

PERIOD

Thread
12-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Toni Kukoc would disagree.

CD

Bynumite
12-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I see OP is back to his early spurfan cock sucking ways from when he first joined ST :lol

Josepatches_
12-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Pippen. 6
Kobe 5

Katherine Robinson
12-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Pippen. 6
Kobe 5

Boiled down:::

USA: 14

Espaņa: 0

AchillesHeel
12-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Since when is that an NBA Title? Uh, uh, I'm back and when I'm back we assume the standard for all 30 teams:::make the playoffs, win the last game you play. There is nothing else

PERIOD

Kirby led his teams to a combined 111-111 from 04-07, before Pau Gasol arrived. Kirby couldn't win jack shit, and choked a 3-1 series lead to a team that was missing it's best scorer

Thread
12-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Kirby couldn't win jack shit, and choked a 3-1 series lead to a team that was missing it's best scorer

You trumped that with 6. tee, hee.

Spur-Addict
12-24-2013, 01:35 PM

PERIOD

:cry

AchillesHeel
12-24-2013, 01:40 PM
You trumped that with 6. tee, hee.

Kirby lost a 3-1 series lead to a team missing it's primary scorer/2nd best player next to Nash. A team coached by Mike D'Antoni came back vs PRIME KOBE BRYANT DOWN 1-3

Lakers were up 3 points with 6 SECONDS to go, and Tim fucking Thomas ended your season right there on the Staples floor.

How about 2011? Phil got SWEPT to retirement after pushing Gasol and daring him to act like somebody.

Tim Duncan had 5 rings for 28 seconds, Kirby hasn't sniffed a Finals since 2010-

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-24-2013, 02:04 PM
OP trying too hard to fit in on an internet forum that he starts bashing his teams golden boy :lmao what a faggot

"ima lakur fen til we sturt suxn"

DMC
12-24-2013, 02:08 PM

Ahem.. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221134&highlight=Pippen

m>s
12-24-2013, 02:10 PM
no debate really if you look at the actual facts smart fans will pick pippen and if you go the retard route and just count rings then 6>5!

Thread
12-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Kirby lost a 3-1 series lead to a team missing it's primary scorer/2nd best player next to Nash. A team coached by Mike D'Antoni came back vs PRIME KOBE BRYANT DOWN 1-3

Lakers were up 3 points with 6 SECONDS to go, and Tim fucking Thomas ended your season right there on the Staples floor.

How about 2011? Phil got SWEPT to retirement after pushing Gasol and daring him to act like somebody.

Tim Duncan had 5 rings for 28 seconds, Kirby hasn't sniffed a Finals since 2010-

That's why:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

is so sweet, Heel. You had the whole fucking thing:::5 + Duncan was going to watch as Kobe climbed into the tired old shit bag.

Don't you know, Heel, it's indefenseable.

AchillesHeel
12-24-2013, 05:52 PM
That's why:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

is so sweet, Heel. You had the whole fucking thing:::5 + Duncan was going to watch as Kobe climbed into the tired old shit bag.

Don't you know, Heel, it's indefenseable.

How bout them Lakers, though? 9 playoff wins in 3 years :lol

Thebesteva
12-24-2013, 05:54 PM

In all honesty, I wouldnt care that much about this if they were in rebuilding mode. As Midnight once said, Lakers are a franchise that refused to rebuild.

I thought even the most delusional owner would have started rebuilding this season and get rid of Kobe. To see Jim go out and crown himself officially as FREDO, it just too much. I'm still a Laker fan no matter what but the owner, head coach, and Kobe need to Chris Benoit themselves.

AchillesHeel
12-24-2013, 05:57 PM
In all honesty, I wouldnt care that much about this if they were in rebuilding mode. As Midnight once said, Lakers are a franchise that refused to rebuild.

I thought even the most delusional owner would have started rebuilding this season and get rid of Kobe. To see Jim go out and crown himself officially as FREDO, it just too much. I'm still a Laker fan no matter what but the owner, head coach, and Kobe need to Chris Benoit themselves.

That CP3 veto set your franchise back 5-10 years. You would have gotten rid of TOSB Pau + you would have gotten the best PG in the league in return..holy shit :lol

Medvedenko
12-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Stupid thread by an even dumber poster. Regardless, Pippen is the best sidekick, Kobe the better player. Done.

Thread
12-24-2013, 06:49 PM

& rightfully so. We're exhausting contracts, setting Nash up to take the medical out, we'll sign a couple of players who will go to the rocks with Kobe and we'll endeavor on. There is no other way. We're in possession for the next two years of one of the last of the 5 or 6 Mohicans. I'll go home with who brung me.

There is no superlative team. Christ, you had the Heat down and out, your 5th in your pocket.

Arnold Toht
12-24-2013, 07:55 PM

Kobe-related name, Kobe pictuer, Kobe signature and, of course, lots of Kobe-related posts.

Calispursfan11
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Honestly, yes. Kobe surpassed him. Pippen was one of the greatest second bananas of all time but Kobe is the best second banana ever.

Thread
12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
^Bend over. I'll giive ya the best second fuckin' banana ever.

DMC
12-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Nothing would have forced the Lakers to give up Kobe. They let Shaq walk to keep him because he has more fans. Shaq could have won more titles, but the business is entertainment. No one would pay them a fucking dime to play if people weren't paying to see it. They have no real skill set, there's nothing really gained or lost on the outcome of the games except in betting. The money is made on player hype and Kobe has more than Shaq. He has more than anyone they could have brought to the team, so they will enshrine Kobe and build a statue for him. In return, he will allow them to use his name and image in marketing campaigns. He's the only one who started there (for all intents and purposes).

DMC
12-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Honestly, yes. Kobe surpassed him. Pippen was one of the greatest second bananas of all time but Kobe is the best second banana ever.

Pippen didn't run off Jordan though. Good 2nd banana players don't stage a coup.

Thread
12-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Nothing would have forced the Lakers to give up Kobe. They let Shaq walk to keep him because he has more fans. Shaq could have won more titles

& as it turned out it was the wise decision. Kobe has 5 NBA World Titles. Daddy is dead in the ground with 4.

DMC
12-25-2013, 12:05 AM
& as it turned out it was the wise decision. Kobe has 5 NBA World Titles. Daddy is dead in the ground with 4.

Kobe wasn't chasing Tim Duncan. He was chasing Michael. He failed. He could have caught him with Daddy. Daddy got him 3 of those 5. You cannot split the titles to show one player has more. Otherwise Horry has 7 so it turned out good that he retired in SA.

Hell, SA retiree Steve Kerr has 5, just like Kobe.

Thread
12-25-2013, 12:07 AM
He could have caught him with Daddy. Daddy got him 3 of those 5.

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

lefty
12-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Stupid thread by an even dumber poster. Regardless, Pippen is the best sidekick, Kobe the better player. Done.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NBA titles as beta male:

- Pippen : 6
- Kobe :5

Who won titles in a tougher era :

- Pippen

Better defensive player :

- Pippen

Better playmaker :

- Pippen

Better scorer :

- Kobe, but that's because he jacks up shots left and right; if Pippen was a chucker, he would have averaged 30 ppg TBH; plus, Pippen didnt have a dominating big in Chicago; he could have been more wide open if he had one

Who played in the best USA basketball team ever ... well the greatest basketball team period :

- Pippen

Better Beta male when there was no Alpha male around :

- Pippen : in 93-94, when Jordan couldn't hit a baseball, he led a bunch of scrubs to 55 wins, and they came close to make it to the ECF in a tough and physical EC .... whereas Kobe ... do I need to elaborate ?

The Winnar :

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.201286!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/alg-pippen-jordan-jpg.jpg

Medvedenko
12-25-2013, 12:27 AM
I swear lefty, your trolling is equal to your post count...

lefty
12-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I swear lefty, your trolling is equal to your post count...
So it's great

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2013, 01:00 AM
even if he passes pippen

theres still kerr, horry, then billups, then the biggest coatrider of them all......parker

Thebesteva
12-25-2013, 02:30 AM

Have you hit Canadian puberty yet?

lefty
12-25-2013, 04:17 AM
even if he passes pippen

theres still kerr, horry, then billups, then the biggest coatrider of them all......parker
Truth bombs

http://i.imgur.com/8ZOPwth.gif

HI-FI
12-25-2013, 04:34 AM
Truth bombs

still the greatest action movie ever and one of the best Christmas movies. great gif too.

Deuce Bigalow
12-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Kirby led his teams to a combined 111-111 from 04-07, before Pau Gasol arrived. Kirby couldn't win jack shit, and choked a 3-1 series lead to a team that was missing it's best scorer
30-16 in MVP year

Rogue
12-25-2013, 07:06 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NBA titles as beta male:

- Pippen : 6
- Kobe :5

Who won titles in a tougher era :

- Pippen

Better defensive player :

- Pippen

Better playmaker :

- Pippen

Better scorer :

- Kobe, but that's because he jacks up shots left and right; if Pippen was a chucker, he would have averaged 30 ppg TBH; plus, Pippen didnt have a dominating big in Chicago; he could have been more wide open if he had one

Who played in the best USA basketball team ever ... well the greatest basketball team period :

- Pippen

Better Beta male when there was no Alpha male around :

- Pippen : in 93-94, when Jordan couldn't hit a baseball, he led a bunch of scrubs to 55 wins, and they came close to make it to the ECF in a tough and physical EC .... whereas Kobe ... do I need to elaborate ?

The Winnar :

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.201286!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/alg-pippen-jordan-jpg.jpg
Truth bombs, tbh.

Thread
12-25-2013, 09:48 AM
still the greatest action movie ever and one of the best Christmas movies.

& that curious blend of cruelty & comedy pulls you in and never lets go.

Chomag
12-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Pippen: led his team to 55 wins after losing the best player in the game and was 1 game away from the ECF
I'm late to the party but 1000X this!
Pippen did that with a scrub team after MJ left.
Kobe can hardly make the playoffs without other star players around him.

/thread

HI-FI
12-25-2013, 05:36 PM
& that curious blend of cruelty & comedy pulls you in and never lets go.

pretty much. like when Hans Gruber says with sincerity and malice "relax Theo, it's Christmas". Die Hard is truly the proverbial lightning in a bottle.

Thread
12-25-2013, 07:44 PM
pretty much. like when Hans Gruber says with sincerity and malice "relax Theo, it's Christmas". Die Hard is truly the proverbial lightning in a bottle.

Yep, like when he shoots Takagi in the head...it's okay, I can watch that and not feel like anybody really died unlike other films where I cant' do it.

And the attention to detail by the actors:::the coke head (fine character actor though his name escapes me). He had the wherewithal after he'd been shot and they were dragging his body out to leave his ankles and feet limp. Now c'mon, HI, that is special. Takagi even has a very sharp edge to him. Now was that him, or, a direction? And Gleason starts hard & direct, but, evolves the character right before our eyes,,,and it's believable. It's done so naturally you feel gladdened by it.

Even the stewardess that flirts with McClain is brazen and pure American girl, the clarity right there.

It's an American motion picture, done on American soil and it's clean right on thru.