PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA city would you like to call home

Jelly
07-30-2005, 02:33 PM
if it couldn't be San Antonio.

spurschick
07-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Am I still a Spurs fan in this new city or are you asking what city I would call home with a team I would be a fan of?

2centsworth
07-30-2005, 02:44 PM
San Diego and root for the clippers.

Jelly
07-30-2005, 02:46 PM
hmmm.... good question. You would not have to give up your Spurs fan status, but you'd have to also become a quasi-new city fan. Sort of like a dual citizenship thing.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Boston.

timvp
07-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Boston.

Says the lady who has lived in PHX, LA and San Antonio who gets cold starting in September.

:angel

timvp
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
That said, I'd live in Boston to make The Princess happy.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Says the lady who has lived in PHX, LA and San Antonio who gets cold starting in September.

:angel

I get cold easily. But I like being cold, you can put on a coat. When you are too hot, what can you do? Take off your skin?

timvp
07-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Red Sox and Celtic fans are the too most annoying fan bases in the world. If their accent doesn't make you mad, their homerism will. Ask any Celtic fan who the ten best NBA players of all time are and you'll get seven or eight Celtics guaranteed.

picnroll
I'm willing to represent the Spurs in Honolulu.

spurschick
Toronto, Phoenix or Chicago

Mr. Body
07-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I currently call New York home and I'd stick with that.

Jelly
07-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd go for New York, Boston, Seattle or Phoenix.

baseline bum
07-30-2005, 03:11 PM
1. San Francisco
2. New York
3. Toronto

TheTruth
07-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Denver, CO.

spurster
07-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Portland, Denver, or DC.

HB22inSA
07-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Seattle, hands down.

davi78239
07-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Sacramento, but back when they had C-webb and others.

Ishta
07-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Denver...My husband loves to ski...I would still be a rabid Spurs fan though!!

Kip Fanatic
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Denver for sure. Love the mountains.

timvp
07-30-2005, 03:58 PM
We went to Denver for the All-Star game. The city itself was pretty boring.

Salt Lake City > Denver

:smokin

Kip Fanatic
07-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Salt Lake City??? There is nothing to do there. Its freaking dead.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Salt Lake City??? There is nothing to do there. Its freaking dead.

Yeah I think that was timvp's point.

Kip Fanatic
07-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Denver doesn't offer too many night spots, but to me the ability to drive south to Colorado Springs or NW to Aspen is great.

Ishta
07-30-2005, 04:22 PM
We went to Denver for the All-Star game. The city itself was pretty boring.

Salt Lake City > Denver

:smokinIt may be boring, but the area is so beautiful.. That being said, I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else except good ole San Antone

Jelly
07-30-2005, 04:30 PM
It may be boring, but the area is so beautiful.. That being said, I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else except good ole San Antone

I have to say, I love San Antonio, but only because it's my hometown (and because of the Spurs of course.) As far as being a place to live, San Antonio is not so great, which is why I don't live there now. Aside from the Riverwalk, it's really a very unattractive city. Nothing but a bombardment of tacky billboards and ugly strip malls. It's just not a fun vibrant city like Austin or so many other places. Sorry folks. I only speak the truth.

thispego
07-30-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd have to say Denver for skiing or Miami for the beaches

thispego
07-30-2005, 04:33 PM
i mean for the bitches

Ishta
07-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I have to say, I love San Antonio, but only because it's my hometown (and because of the Spurs of course.) As far as being a place to live, San Antonio is not so great, which is why I don't live there now. Aside from the Riverwalk, it's really a very unattractive city. Nothing but a bombardment of tacky billboards and ugly strip malls. It's just not a fun vibrant city like Austin or so many other places. Sorry folks. I only speak the truth.

I have lived other places and to ME it's the people that make San Antonio....I would never say SA is in the top 10 for beauty etc, etc... I didn't appreciate San Antonio until I had moved away for an extended period of time, and let me tell you I will not be making the same mistake again..SA is not for everyone I'll give you that, but for me, it is.:spin

Jelly
07-30-2005, 04:42 PM
I have lived other places and to ME it's the people that make San Antonio....I would never say SA is in the top 10 for beauty etc, etc... I didn't appreciate San Antonio until I had moved away for an extended period of time, and let me tell you I will not be making the same mistake again..SA is not for everyone I'll give you that, but for me, it is.:spin

I'll grant you that. Definitely, the people are the best thing about SA.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Jelly, where do you live?

Jelly
07-30-2005, 04:45 PM
I live in the D.C. area. Currently, and temporarily, staying in the Virginia suburbs and looking to move to a new city, which is perhaps what inspired this thread.

ALVAREZ6
07-30-2005, 05:41 PM
New York or Miami

ShoogarBear
07-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Boston.
:vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit

I lived there for 17 years. It has the most obnoxious, self-centered bunch of sports fans in existence.

ShoogarBear
07-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Red Sox and Celtic fans are the too most annoying fan bases in the world. If their accent doesn't make you mad, their homerism will. Ask any Celtic fan who the ten best NBA players of all time are and you'll get seven or eight Celtics guaranteed.
Of course, these are the same fans that hated Bill Russell while he was there. Once, somebody broke into his house and took a shit in his bed.

timvp
07-30-2005, 06:07 PM
:vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit

I lived there for 17 years. It has the most obnoxious, self-centered bunch of sports fans in existence.

That's what I tell her but she says she doesn't care. I'd be Boston Strangler II if forced to listen to those fans on a daily basis.

timvp
07-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Of course, these are the same fans that hated Bill Russell while he was there. Once, somebody broke into his house and took a shit in his bed.

Or the ones that booed Manny Ramirez last night. WTF, the man just lead you to a World Series win for the first time in 500 years and you boo him less than one year later?

Class.

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I only speak the truth.

Umm, you speak opinion, not truth, get it correct.

And yeah, SA is very unnattractive, those hills in the north are down right ugly as hell.

And I hate like a motha having to drive through Alamo Heights. Ugly fucking place. Same for Monte Vista... just complete dog poop.

And yeah, SA is totally the only city in the US with billboards and strip malls.

Good going.

ShoogarBear
07-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Not to mention the Boston sports mafia, which for some reason is extremely influential in that they get the national people to parrot what they say.

How many times have you hear that Tim Duncan should have gone to the Celtics? WTF?

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 06:24 PM
When you are too hot, what can you do? Take off your skin?

Walk into an A/C'd building.

Just imagine havinj Vegas or Phoenix weather, 112... 117? Hell no.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Just imagine havinj Vegas or Phoenix weather, 112... 117? Hell no.

I lived in Phoenix for 17 years. I wasn't bitching about San Antonio weather. I was saying that I'd rather be cold than hot .. when you have to go outside in the heat, it sucks.

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 06:36 PM
when you have to go outside in the heat, it sucks.

True, but the same sentiment can be said for the cold. I'd rather be in one shirt, one pair of pants or shorts, some flip flops than 80 pairs of undies, 18 different shirts, a huge jacket just to get my newspaper.

Also, just look at the past week and a half when the temp. for all those northern cities went above 95, they were ill prepared for that. I don't want to be somewhere were it's 95 degrees and no A/C.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 06:38 PM
True, but the same sentiment can be said for the cold. I'd rather be in one shirt, one pair of pants or shorts, some flip flops than 80 pairs of undies, 18 different shirts, a huge jacket just to get my newspaper.

I wouldn't. When I'm old, I would like to live in Boston in the winter and Costa Rica in the summer.

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't.

To each their own.
:smokin

timvp
07-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't. When I'm old, I would like to live in Boston in the winter and Costa Rica in the summer.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

My vote will be Red River, New Mexico or Nome, Alaska in the summer and a ranch 30 miles outside of San Antonio in the winter.

Come back to SpursTalk in 2040 to see who wins this battle.

:)

Kori Ellis
07-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't that be the other way around?

No. Our summer months are winter/rainy season in Costa Rica. So I'd have winter all year round.

adrienne
07-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Awwww, man! No San Antonio?!?!

Okay, I'd pick Dallas.:)

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 07:02 PM
For me, I'd have to say London.

ShoogarBear
07-30-2005, 07:18 PM
London.

Good NBA city, geography man.

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 07:22 PM
London.

Good NBA city, geography man.

I was reffering London to Timvp and Kori.

Read up on our convo.

timvp
07-30-2005, 07:51 PM
What was London in reference too?

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
What was London in reference too?

A place to live when you get older.

Not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

I wasn't really reffering the city to you guys, just saying that's where I'd choose had I have to pick where to live when older.

I was more reffering to our convo and not you two in general.

timvp
07-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I don't think me or Kori like rain too much, so that's crossed off the list.

TheWriter
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't think me or Kori like rain too much, so that's crossed off the list.

Yeah.

My ideal place to grow old and die would be living on a large place of land in the hill country between SA and Bandera.

David@SLCC
07-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Seattle, without a doubt. Vancouver has always been my favorite, but the Grizzlies moved out of there.

tsb2000
07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm pretty happy here in Phoenix, in spite of the heat. When it's January and 75-80 degrees here and the rest of the country is freezing, that's when I like Arizona the best. It's also one of the few "four sport" cities, so that's another plus. :)

Horry For 3!
07-31-2005, 02:31 AM
I've always wanted to go to Florida but I don't know if I wanna be there for all the damned hurricanes. I have a cousin who lives in Colorado and I enjoyed it there. I say Colorado until I visit other places.

Nephets
07-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Orlando!!!!

Spurs košarka kultura
07-31-2005, 03:22 AM
Seattle, without a doubt. Vancouver has always been my favorite, but the Grizzlies moved out of there.

Ditto

Spurs košarka kultura
07-31-2005, 03:26 AM
For me, I'd have to say London.

Oh yeah great place to live when you get old, nothing like paying about $7 for a QUART of gasoline, and having to rely 100% on the public transportation system. Great spot for old poeple without a doubt, esp. ones who are used to wide open spaces like Phoenix, Salt Lake, and San Antonio. :rolleyes

TheWriter
07-31-2005, 03:34 AM
Oh yeah great place to live when you get old, nothing like paying about $7 for a QUART of gasoline, and having to rely 100% on the public transportation system. Great spot for old poeple without a doubt, esp. ones who are used to wide open spaces like Phoenix, Salt Lake, and San Antonio. :rolleyes

Old people don't get out often. :lol

IX_Equilibrium
07-31-2005, 07:34 AM
If it couldn't be San Antonio, I'd say Houston.

IX_Equilibrium
07-31-2005, 08:47 AM

This is a pretty ignorant post being that you state your opinion as fact.

I am not originally from San Antonio, and I could have lived anywhere in the country. I chose San Antonio because in my opinion, its the best city in America. The people are very friendly, you have all the amenities of a big city while maintaining a small town feel, the infastructure is better than most cities its size, and the cost of living is low. Also, you get to enjoy the outdoors without travelling far outside the city. And if one can't have fun in San Antonio, they must be high maintenence to the point that they are impossible to please.

So think before you proclaim your opinion as "the truth".

Samr
07-31-2005, 10:53 AM
(pardon me if I go off from the topic a bit here, but this is important to me)

This debate is actually playing a very significant role in where I will end up going to college. I plan on majoring in journalism, sports journalism specifically, and I want to attend a college in a city where there is an NBA team. I go from college to, hopefully, some kind of local sportswriting.

Right now, I am 90% sure I will end up staying in San Antonio. Incarnate Word, St. Mary's, UTSA, Trinity, etc. The motivation for this is simple: for what few connections I do have here, I have more than I would going to another city. I love the city, and obviously love the Spurs, but I'd be starting back at square one going to, say, Dallas. The Spurs still have that small town feel- the small pond, with big fish.

That being said, Dallas is my second choice. SMU, TCU. I've spent some time in Dallas, and have relatives up there. I absolutely love the city, and I can stomach the Mavericks more than any other team excepting the Knicks (Malik). Still Texas, but it is a bigger city with obviously more nightlife and a better college atmosphere than SA.

So to answer the question, any city other than San Antonio? Dallas. But from the looks of it I'll be staying local for the final four years. Though that is flexible.

If anyone has any serious advise on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Aside from just contributing to a fun thread, I have a real purpose in posting this. I need help. Where I attend college is obviously a big decision, and I'm trying to find the right direction to point in.

Jelly
07-31-2005, 12:07 PM
This is a pretty ignorant post being that you state your opinion as fact.

I am not originally from San Antonio, and I could have lived anywhere in the country. I chose San Antonio because in my opinion, its the best city in America. The people are very friendly, you have all the amenities of a big city while maintaining a small town feel, the infastructure is better than most cities its size, and the cost of living is low. Also, you get to enjoy the outdoors without travelling far outside the city. And if one can't have fun in San Antonio, they must be high maintenence to the point that they are impossible to please.

So think before you proclaim your opinion as "the truth".

No, your not recognizing my last statement regarding 'only speaking the truth' as clearly being tongue-in-cheek is pretty ignorant.

So think before you rattle off such an unnecessarily defensive answer.

nacho estrada
07-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Jelly, we honor your "opinion".. remember more than 2/3'rds of this board live in S.A., what would you expect? Applause for doggin our city? Nah. But good idea.

Anyway, I've never been up north but have been to FLA, Phx, No and So Cal and I'd have to say as far as climate.. San Fran/Oakland and the Bay Area would be where i'd call home if I couldn't live in S.A. Mild climate usually and all kinds of ish to do. The only downside is the $$$$ of the area.. one of the most expensive in the nation.

Jelly
07-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Jelly, we honor your "opinion".. remember more than 2/3'rds of this board live in S.A., what would you expect? Applause for doggin our city? Nah. But good idea.

Anyway, I've never been up north but have been to FLA, Phx, No and So Cal and I'd have to say as far as climate.. San Fran/Oakland and the Bay Area would be where i'd call home if I couldn't live in S.A. Mild climate usually and all kinds of ish to do. The only downside is the $$$$ of the area.. one of the most expensive in the nation.

Nacho (my all-time favorite dish btw)
You're right. Actually, I'm lucky more people didn't get upset at my post.
San Francisco is a great place, good choice :tu

ObiwanGinobili
07-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Dallas
Boston
Sacramento

but please please don't make me move!!!

Rescueone
07-31-2005, 01:47 PM

You think DC is all that! I don't think so! You can keep the high murder rates from year to year. The pot holes big enough to fit a city bus in and the high cost of living there. Comparing the two cities Washington vs San Antonio, San Antonio hands down. You can keep all the rude people and ugly women and the dirty snow. I'll be here sipping on a margorita in December with a beautiful lady on my arm

TheTruth
07-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Denver, CO.

Jelly
07-31-2005, 01:59 PM
You think DC is all that! I don't think so! You can keep the high murder rates from year to year. The pot holes big enough to fit a city bus in and the high cost of living there. Comparing the two cities Washington vs San Antonio, San Antonio hands down. You can keep all the rude people and ugly women and the dirty snow. I'll be here sipping on a margorita in December with a beautiful lady on my arm

Actually, I never compared the cities of Washington and San Antonio (although, since you brought it up I do prefer living in DC to SA). I appreciate your hometown pride, but your overreacting.

IX_Equilibrium
07-31-2005, 04:31 PM
No, your not recognizing my last statement regarding 'only speaking the truth' as clearly being tongue-in-cheek is pretty ignorant.

Oh, so now it's tounge in cheek. :rolleyes

Keep back peddling all the way into the Atlantic.

By the way genius, it's "you're" not your.

Jelly
07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh, so now it's tounge in cheek. :rolleyes

Keep back peddling all the way into the Atlantic.

By the way genius, it's "you're" not your.

It was always tongue in cheek. But you obviously didn't get it.

And thanks for the grammar lesson, but in this context it's "your". I am not saying "you're" which would mean "you are".

But thanks anyway braniac. And by the way, it's "tongue" not "tounge". :lmao

IX_Equilibrium
07-31-2005, 06:34 PM
It was always tongue in cheek. But you obviously didn't get it.

And thanks for the grammar lesson, but in this context it's "your". I am not saying "you're" which would mean "you are".

But thanks anyway braniac. And by the way, it's "tongue" not "tounge". :lmao

Are you really this fucking stupid? "Your" shows possesion, as in "your stupidity". Yes, you're is a contraction for "you are", as in "you are not recognizing".

Get it douchebag?

Also, keep backpeddling! It's entertaining to the others who have commented on your inane post about San Antonio.

jalbre6
07-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Charlotte. Runner up, Portland.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Miami or Phoenix.

Jelly
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Are you really this fucking stupid? "Your" shows possesion, as in "your stupidity". Yes, you're is a contraction for "you are", as in "you are not recognizing".

Get it douchebag?

Also, keep backpeddling! It's entertaining to the others who have commented on your inane post about San Antonio.

You really should stop now because you're making a total ass of yourself.

It's pretty ironic that someone who is such a stickler for things like your/you're would write something like ...

"I chose San Antonio because in my opinion, its the best city in America."

in the very post in which you foolishly attempt to correct my spelling and grammar. You do realize that you should have said "it's" and not "its", don't you? You have committed the very same type of error that you accused me of and which led you to call me "genius" and "fucking stupid". Oh, the irony!! :lmao :lmao
But don't fret too much. We all get sloppy on internet forums. Although sloppy people shouldn't correct others, ESPECIALLY when their posts are not only grammatically incorrect but are also filled with mispelled words like "maintenence", "tounge" and "possesion". :oops

And regarding the your/you're thing...sigh... I'll give it one more shot, but I'm not here to educate you. In the sentence - and I'm not going to go click back so I can rewrite it exactly, but it went something like ..

"your not recognizing my last statement as being tongue-in-cheek is pretty ignorant"

In that sentence the word "your" IS possessive. In fact, the words "your not recognizing" are grouped together to form the SUBJECT in the sentence. The VERB in that sentence is "IS". There is NO "are" in that sentence! I am not saying "You ARE NOT recognizing my last statement as being tongue-in-cheek is pretty ignorant". THAT would be bad grammar and nonsensical.
I am referring to your inability to recognize something, hence "YOUR NOT RECOGNIZING"...sigh...never mind... this is too advanced for you :depressed

But because I'm kind hearted - even to foul-mouthed trashtalkers like yourself- I'll give you some sentences with a similar structure that may help your struggling neurons grasp the idea...

"your not showing up last night had me worried"
"your not participating didn't go over very well"
"your not grasping simple concepts makes you look like an idiot"

Now, go buy yourself a nice little grammar book. I've done all I can for you.

Brodels
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM

Get it douchebag?

Read the sentence again. You're wrong on this one.

Read the entire sentence, not just the beginning.

Grammar smack is lame. But grammar smack when you're obviously wrong is worse.

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I live in Corpus now and I'm moving to the NBA city I want to be in a week from today. I will be a permanent San Antonian? San Antonite? Eitherway I'll be living in the best NBA city.

Brodels
08-01-2005, 05:32 AM
Bump.

BadlyDrawnBoy
08-01-2005, 05:49 AM
I live in Corpus now and I'm moving to the NBA city I want to be in a week from today. I will be a permanent San Antonian? San Antonite? Eitherway I'll be living in the best NBA city.

San Antonian! :smokin

sa_butta
08-01-2005, 09:12 AM
I saw Honolulu twice in this thread, NBA city?
I would have to say Miami, I am already a Dolphins fan
but I really like the city and the beaches.

1Parker1
08-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Damn, no one wants to come live on Philly? :depressed

......But you'll get authentic cheese steaks..........with CHEESE WIZ!! :lol

1Parker1
08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd pick LA/Sacramento, Miami, or...France, Argentina, or Virgin Islands :)

samikeyp
08-01-2005, 10:20 AM
It's just not a fun vibrant city like Austin or so many other places. Sorry folks. I only speak the truth.

no...you speak your opinion. Some of us like living here and are able to find plenty of things to do that we enjoy.

TheTruth
08-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Denver, CO

Jelly
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
no...you speak your opinion. Some of us like living here and are able to find plenty of things to do that we enjoy.

sigh..As I've told a few other posters, the "I only speak the truth" line is meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I thought that was really obvious, but some people didn't read it that way.

Nevertheless, most of you have been fairly tolerant and reasonable in your reaction to my saying I didn't think SA was a great place to live and I appreciate that as I could've gotten a hail storm.

The thing with San Antonio is that the city council has never been very good at managing the development and zoning process, so you get lots of construction that is thrown up haphazard and without regard to aesthetics. That and a bombardment of tacky highway signs just make it less attractive than it should be. That's all I'm saying. I am also a San Antonian and there are lots of things that I love about the city (the food, the people, the missions, the culture) but I just don't think it's a great place to live. And you're right..that's my opinion, not fact.

samikeyp
08-01-2005, 11:51 AM
and I respect your opinion and are glad you shared it. If my post came across as nasty, I apologize.

Jelly
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
and I respect your opinion and are glad you shared it. If my post came across as nasty, I apologize.

No problem at all! thanks for being reasonable and not too defensive. you're a prince :king

tlongII
08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
1. Portland
2. Portland
3. Portland
4. San Francisco
5. Seattle

I can't see myself living anywhere other than Portland actually. I've lived in other cities such as Boston and Vegas, but Portland will always be home. The natural beauty within 100 miles of Portland is stunning and incredibly diverse. The only negative is that it rains a lot in the winter.

TOP-CHERRY
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I have to agree with Jelly... I LOVE my San Antone to death, because obviously, I was raised here, and like it's been said, SA is a big city with a small-town heart.

It also has lots of really nice places to go besides the riverwalk, which is really aesthetically pleasing, especially at night, and hey! we are among very few cities who have a Sea World!

BUT...

I'd really like to move out after college. Go to another city like NY or Boston, or somewhere in D.C.
It's not that I hate it here, but big cities have always interested me a lot. The whole "Big city life" is just too exciting for me to resist.

But I do hope to be traveling back to SA a lot, and hopefully finally end up retiring here.

I don't blame a lot of you people defending SA so much, because it's a city you fall in love with very quickly, and nowhere else will you find such kind people, but don't blame others who have a different opinion or perception of where they'd prefer living. They're just opinions.

Jelly
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
1. Portland
2. Portland
3. Portland
4. San Francisco
5. Seattle

I can't see myself living anywhere other than Portland actually. I've lived in other cities such as Boston and Vegas, but Portland will always be home. The natural beauty within 100 miles of Portland is stunning and incredibly diverse. The only negative is that it rains a lot in the winter.

I've always thought Portland would be a fantastic place to live and have wanted to visit it for a long time. One of the reasons I started this thread is because I'm looking for a new, fun city to call home. hmmm....will definitely start thinking about Portland. But how far to the beach?

tlongII
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I've always thought Portland would be a fantastic place to live and have wanted to visit it for a long time. One of the reasons I started this thread is because I'm looking for a new, fun city to call home. hmmm....will definitely start thinking about Portland. But how far to the beach?

It's about an 80 minute drive to the beach.