PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker should take a month off to rest, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Absolutely no explosion whatsoever, tbh..he looks very slow on both ends of the floor..

Spurs should be able to continue beating bad teams and losing to good teams even without Parker, so his absence shouldn't affect their overall record and attempt to get a top 3 seed IMO..

His absence will allow the Spurs to run more offense through Kawhi, which isn't possible with Parker on the floor and dominating the ball..Leonard's growth is imperative for a potential run..as we have seen in games without Tony the past 2 years, Leonard can dominate when he isn't just a spot-up shooter..

He's a defensive liability on a team that already has defensive liabilities like Beli playing big minutes and old players like Manu having to cover difficult assignments, too..I haven't looked at the numbers and footage yet(I will, soon), but I'm going to assume that Parker is missing the most rotations and assignments on the roster, tbh..

Spurs need Parker to play like a top 3 PG to make a run, but if he continues to play without rest, he's going to be even slower and suffer from the wear and tear of another high-usage season once the playoffs begin..

ElNono
12-25-2013, 10:24 PM
He is, tbh...

BatManu20
12-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Looks like he already is taking some time off

MANUNG-Ginobili
12-25-2013, 10:28 PM
trade Parker, tbh..

Ice009
12-25-2013, 10:29 PM
No, he shouldn't.

The fucker screwed himself over playing for the National team.

He should play 48 minutes a game. I have no sympathy for someone that does it to themselves. He absolutely must not get the easy way out.

Wilt played 48 minutes a game one season, and you fucking think I'm going to allow this fucker to take time off.

timmy2003
12-25-2013, 10:31 PM
He looks terribe out there tonight.

lefty
12-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Let's give him a 12 month break TBH

Blizzardwizard
12-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Let's give him a 12 month break TBH

Which comes back first, Tony Parker's jumpshot or Avante, tbh?

HI-FI
12-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Absolutely no explosion whatsoever, tbh..he looks very slow on both ends of the floor..

Spurs should be able to continue beating bad teams and losing to good teams even without Parker, so his absence shouldn't affect their overall record and attempt to get a top 3 seed IMO..

His absence will allow the Spurs to run more offense through Kawhi, which isn't possible with Parker on the floor and dominating the ball..Leonard's growth is imperative for a potential run..as we have seen in games without Tony the past 2 years, Leonard can dominate when he isn't just a spot-up shooter..

He's a defensive liability on a team that already has defensive liabilities like Beli playing big minutes and old players like Manu having to cover difficult assignments, too..I haven't looked at the numbers and footage yet(I will, soon), but I'm going to assume that Parker is missing the most rotations and assignments on the roster, tbh..

Spurs need Parker to play like a top 3 PG to make a run, but if he continues to play without rest, he's going to be even slower and suffer from the wear and tear of another high-usage season once the playoffs begin..
question though, have you seen Pop call up a bunch of plays for Kawhi? you were one of the ones saying Kawhi needed more plays, then Pop said Kawhi would get a lot more designed plays this season. I've missed some games and tbh not sure if I've noticed it myself.

It feels like the Spurs are missing a golden opportunity, unless Pop is hiding this shit for the end. Or it could be Pop just got drunk and forgot using Kawhi a lot more while letting Heroball continue to shit the bed and be rundown.

Johnny RIngo
12-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Another Spur international pissing all over the tens of thousands of San Antonio fans just to appease a minority fanbase in his own country. Foreign players can be so fucking stupid.

apalisoc_9
12-25-2013, 10:38 PM
question though, have you seen Pop call up a bunch of plays for Kawhi? you were one of the ones saying Kawhi needed more plays, then Pop said Kawhi would get a lot more designed plays this season. I've missed some games and tbh not sure if I've noticed it myself.

It feels like the Spurs are missing a golden opportunity, unless Pop is hiding this shit for the end. Or it could be Pop just got drunk and forgot using Kawhi a lot more while letting Heroball continue to shit the bed and be rundown.

Pop saying he's going to call plays for Kawhi is as genuine as him calling George hill his favorite player...But seriously, he's had a few plays calls. The problem is that, as a player, you shouldn't be waiting for pop to tell you everything..If you see an obvious mismatch you exploit it. This one is on Leonard and Parker and their terrible chemistry.

Bill_Brasky
12-25-2013, 10:39 PM
No, he shouldn't.

He should play 48 minutes a game. I have no sympathy for someone that does it to themselves. He absolutely must not get the easy way out.

Wilt played 48 minutes a game one season, and you fucking think I'm going to allow this fucker to take time off.
No.

rayjayjohnson
12-25-2013, 10:40 PM
He is, tbh...
nono with the schooling goods on you upstairs faggits

Chomag
12-25-2013, 10:40 PM
He is, tbh...
:lol

TD 21
12-25-2013, 10:42 PM
This is why they needed to get it done last season. Duncan's not the same, Parker is worn to a nub and not the same and even though Ginobili has (as I correctly predicted) bounced back to an extent, it's really a team without a bona fide star at the moment.

Even if they gave him a month off, he'd still return with 2 and 1/2 months to go in the season, then have to go 3 and 1/2 grueling playoff rounds to win the championship. It's just not happening.

Johnny RIngo
12-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Ginobili fucked us over last year in favor of Argentina. Looks like it's TP's turn. The NBA needs to listen to Mark Cuban and do something about FIBA's bullshit summer tournaments.

Bruno
12-25-2013, 10:47 PM
The worst is what he said in today's french newspaper:
"It's difficult physically and I know that this year I will have to bite the bullet. I haven't had rest during the 2011,2012 and 2013 summers. For the moment, I'm feeling fine because I'm still riding the french national team wave with the trust and adrenaline. But I know that in January and February, I will be exhausted. It's doing to be tough."

So the worst is coming.

Before Rockets game, Parker has been able to be relatively good this season (not at least year level obviously). We will see if the Rockets game was just an off night or if he really starting to fade physically.

AFBlue
12-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Praying for an ankle sprain that keeps him out through the All-Star break tbh

lefty
12-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Praying for an ankle sprain that keeps him out through the All-Star break tbh
yes pls :cry

apalisoc_9
12-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Probably rest him a couple of weeks a couple of months before the playoffs

lefty
12-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Probably rest him a couple of weeks a couple of months before the playoffs
let's try after the playoffs imo

Mikeanaro
12-25-2013, 11:07 PM
He is coasting! :downspin:
Worst, after that ¨finals injury¨ dude took 8 days off and went to that national team shit, what for porky?
He is slow as fuck and his heroballing is killing the team, Pop should play Mills and keep Porker out by making him play 10 minutes a night.
Tonight looked done, and Green keeps scrubing, same Leonard, we get Belli as an upgrade but other pieces were rotten.
And Manu is playing really good, im tired of Porker shitty playing.

phxspurfan
12-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Yeah we actually did alright without him for those couple games. He should shut it down for awhile for sure to get right.

MilesTeg
12-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Another Spur international pissing all over the tens of thousands of San Antonio fans just to appease a minority fanbase in his own country. Foreign players can be so fucking stupid. Can't tell if it's sarcasm or if you're that stupid.

DMC
12-26-2013, 09:07 AM

He had all summer to rest and he decided to play french ball.

DMC
12-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Ginobili fucked us over last year in favor of Argentina. Looks like it's TP's turn. The NBA needs to listen to Mark Cuban and do something about FIBA's bullshit summer tournaments.

Or stop hiring international players. I don't see how the NBA can tell a player he cannot play elsewhere when the NBA is out for the summer. They would have to have a contract that goes all year long, and stipulate what he can and cannot do. Also, can the guy not have any strenuous activities, or just basketball?

It would also kill the NBA on the international level if the NBA stars couldn't play for their home countries.

ElNono
12-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Or stop hiring international players. I don't see how the NBA can tell a player he cannot play elsewhere when the NBA is out for the summer. They would have to have a contract that goes all year long, and stipulate what he can and cannot do. Also, can the guy not have any strenuous activities, or just basketball?

It would also kill the NBA on the international level if the NBA stars couldn't play for their home countries.

The NBA (owners) actively promote the agreement with FIBA, since they're the ones that added the clause to the CBA that forbid themselves from preventing players from playing for their NT (provided that National Federations have all insurance papers in place). It's also clear that players want and enjoy playing for their NT. As you say, the solution is not hiring international talent, but then you would be limiting your talent pool, one that is already limited by being a small market team.

baseline bum
12-26-2013, 09:48 AM
It's ok, he'll get plenty of rest after the second round is over tbh.

GrandeDavid
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Good point.

3 Legged Dog
12-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Then Tim should take 3 months off.

jag
12-26-2013, 10:59 AM
No, he shouldn't.

:lol

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
You do know that Cory Joseph would run the show if parker were out? Not a blue print for success over an extended period of time

Baam
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Cuban did it with Dirk but I bet Pop won't have the balls to do the same thing...

rjv
12-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Looks like he already is taking some time off
no kidding. he also took time off to hang out with JayZ the night before the thunder game and came out completely flat. TP has gone from a top 5 guard to being totally outclassed by jeremy lin !

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 12:11 PM
He's a scoring PG who's been burning the candle at both ends. He's in his 30s and when his jump shot isn't falling he will look like this. The wheels are slowing down.

crc21209
12-27-2013, 02:35 AM
He should get some time off, but then again...he did this to himself. Now he and the Spurs have to deal with it...:td

Sean Cagney
12-27-2013, 03:39 AM
He should get some time off, but then again...he did this to himself. Now he and the Spurs have to deal with it...:td

YEP and no doubt international team does this to our team again. He plays for his country and now we have to deal with this all year with him tired being he played into the SUMMER and then all Summer with the French team. I respect them wanting to play for their country but damn it kills the Spurs and at the end of the day that is all I give a damn about.

Biernutz
12-29-2013, 03:50 AM
You think Tony looks tired now, just wait till the baby comes. He will be ready
for road trips to get some rest.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-29-2013, 04:01 AM
He is coasting! :downspin:
Worst, after that ¨finals injury¨ dude took 8 days off and went to that national team shit, what for porky?
He is slow as fuck and his heroballing is killing the team, Pop should play Mills and keep Porker out by making him play 10 minutes a night.
Tonight looked done, and Green keeps scrubing, same Leonard, we get Belli as an upgrade but other pieces were rotten.
And Manu is playing really good, im tired of Porker shitty playing.

Only 8 days off after the Finals? No shit? I did not know that. Honestly that just pisses me off after his game 7 showing, WTF is that??? Also, didn't he get hurt in international ball? I remember getting an update on my phone about it. I don't think it was super bad obviously. But this accumulative wear and tear is fucking this team and his game.

Chomag
12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Its pretty much the price Spurs pay by going with international players more then any team in the NBA.

DPG21920
12-29-2013, 03:28 PM
TP isn't tired from playing International ball. He's coasting because they can still win while he does that. There is a difference in being worn out and coasting like HH said.

DAF86
12-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Its pretty much the price Spurs pay by going with international players more then any team in the NBA.

You win on International intelligence but you lose on rest, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Please, just rest a bit, tbh..

SpurSwag
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I really don't understand how Pop isn't seeing this tbh he definitely doesn't need a month, but 1-2 games i'm sure would go a long way

Kool Bob Love
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
TP isn't tired from playing International ball. He's coasting because they can still win while he does that. There is a difference in being worn out and coasting like HH said.

At home vs the Knicks, DP?

cjw
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Please, just rest a bit, tbh..

It's okay, he'll get the All Star break to rest this year...

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Man, Tony looks really slow out there, tbh..

Absolutely no explosion and his penetrating ability has progressively declined this season..

Johnny RIngo
01-07-2014, 10:55 PM

Absolutely no explosion and his penetrating ability has progressively declined this season..

As a result, the rest of his game has fallen off too. No longer racking up assists like last season...getting burned by every PG on defense. I'm convinced he's the primary reason why our starting unit has been so sluggish this season.

ElNono
01-07-2014, 10:58 PM
I thought it was weird the Spurs were even running plays with him down the stretch... he was basically parked in a corner... maybe by design?

lefty
01-07-2014, 10:59 PM
.. he was basically parker
fify

slick'81
Haven't seen too much spurs this year but tony looked gassed as Fuck dude was done come ot

Chinook
As a result, the rest of his game has fallen off too. No longer racking up assists like last season...getting burned by every PG on defense. I'm convinced he's the primary reason why our starting unit has been so sluggish this season.

I think it's the interplay between that and poor spacing. Essentially, he has smaller windows this season and isn't quick enough to make it through them.

look_at_g_shred
01-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Sit him out tomorrow and sundays game

TheGoldStandard
01-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Needs a good week off with no activity.

mVp
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
He's really playing like shit... and the fact that Conley makes him his bitch every time they meet didn't help either.

HI-FI
01-07-2014, 11:05 PM

I wonder if it's Parker's ego or Pop trying to maintain a lead in seeding. It seems when he's been out for injuries, Parker always comes back early once Spurs are doing well without him. whatever the case may be, he clearly blew his load for Team La Croix in the summer and now we're getting the leftover shit.

freetiago
01-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Every pg is making Parker his bitch
they just know they can get a shot at will as long as they call for a screen
hes showing absolutely no effort in fighting over the screens
the one time he did he took about 2 seconds and let Conley still get a uncontested mid range shot

always going under screens and letting random scrubs like Toney Douglas burn him
hes the reason for the teams slow start
he cant shoot the mid range anymore and hes heroballing with 0 defense right now

benefactor
01-07-2014, 11:09 PM
I wonder if it's Parker's ego or Pop trying to maintain a lead in seeding. It seems when he's been out for injuries, Parker always comes back early once Spurs are doing well without him. whatever the case may be, he clearly blew his load for Team La Croix in the summer and now we're getting the leftover shit.
Yep...and Parker doesn't care. He won his Euroball title and that's all that matters since he didn't have that. It's more important than another ring at this point in his career.

HI-FI
01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
freetiago with the truth bombs in sonnet form as usual.

HI-FI
01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Yep...and Parker doesn't care. He won his Euroball title and that's all that matters since he didn't have that. It's more important than another ring at this point in his career.

Hopefully he still does care but he's also the guy who acted like we had no chance a couple seasons ago, so maybe the international shit appeals to him more. which is strange with Parker is normally he is good during the RS, just the playoffs when the haters like me have something to complain about. But this RS has been brutal,if not for second team, THAT DUDE and of course The Legend, this team would be in a lot worse shape.

Normally Parker is playing decent enough in the RS so he can be part of MVP conversation, but not this year.

TheGoldStandard
01-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Perhaps parker will flip results, sucky regular season and go HAM in the playoffs.. dude needs rest though, looks like an average pg out there.

Johnny RIngo
01-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Perhaps parker will flip results, sucky regular season and go HAM in the playoffs..

Considering he's made a career out of under-performing in the playoffs, I doubt that.

Sean Cagney
01-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Considering he's made a career out of under-performing in the playoffs, I doubt that.

:lol. Sad but sides a few series against the SUNS and the one against the Cavs you are pretty much correct.

timtonymanu
01-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Please rest Tony Parker.

ElNono
01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Coasting to the top of the West... that's how you do it :hat

Spurs da champs
01-08-2014, 12:40 AM
:lol. Sad but sides a few series against the SUNS and the one against the Cavs you are pretty much correct.
:lol Nash & Booby Gibson!

hater
01-08-2014, 12:42 AM
LMAO clowns forgetting Parker took his team on his back last playoffs and singlehandely put us up 5 with 28 seconds left and despite's his sidekick's 8 turnovers

Sean Cagney
01-08-2014, 12:45 AM
LMAO clowns forgetting Parker took his team on his back last playoffs and put us up 5 with 28 seconds left singlehandely and despite's his sidekick's 8 turnovers

Parker did do well in spurts last year in the playoffs no doubt but Tim put us on his back IMO, he had 31 and 17 in game 6 and at his age thats incredible! He did all he could to win another title and Parker yeah hit some shots late but overall was 6-23 in the game or something of that nature, so he came on late after a horrible start of 4-21. Parker did play though well in stretches and had his games, after he got hurt though in the finals it was pretty much a wrap for him and he was tired.

spurraider21
01-08-2014, 01:02 AM
i'm surprised the spurs have such a good record so far. fools gold or not, i'll take it, considering we are playing nowhere near our best. last year Parker was a top 5 player (top 2-3 for huge chunks of the season) in the league during the regular season. he is a 31 year old pg with LOTS of miles who's game is mostly predicated on running around a million screens and using his blazing speed off the dribble.

FireMicoHalili
01-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Saw this coming when he asked for permission to play this summer. Happened to Manu before

Uriel
01-08-2014, 03:29 AM
Pop doesn't think Tony Parker is fatigued.

I keep looking at him, because he had a long summer. We really depend on him for scoring and setting people up and that sort of thing. And he hasn’t really shown any signs [of fatigue]. We’ve given him time off here and there, just to make sure we’re putting money in the bank so to speak. It’s something I’m going to keep an eye on, but so far we haven’t seen him exhibit any sort of tiredness based on the long summer.
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/01/02/spurs-see-no-fatigue-with-parker-but-performance-has-slipped/

Mikeanaro
01-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Then he is really gassed :lmao
:pop:Maybe I´m blind but I´m no stubborn, Tony is brand new including blister package

will_spurs
01-08-2014, 04:13 AM
hes the reason for the teams slow start

Tied for #1 in the West. I really hate those slow starts.

will_spurs
01-08-2014, 04:14 AM

Career: 17.1ppg 6apg 3rpg
Playoffs: 19.1ppg 5.3apg 3.2rpg

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

hater
01-08-2014, 04:35 AM

:tu :tu

this team goes as far as MVParker takes them. only blind haters disagree :lol

Johnny RIngo
01-08-2014, 07:29 AM

Reg season PER: 19.1
Postseason PER: 17.4

Reg season WS/48: .151
Postseason WS/48: .091

Reg season FG%: .495
Postseason FG%: .460

Reg season TS%: .551
Postseason TS%: .516

109 ORating in reg season.
103 ORating in playoffs.

Good regular season player. Poor playoff performer in general(high usage, low efficiency). Parker's not a particularly gifted playmaker either. As a result, he doesn't bring much to the table, come playoff time, besides his mid volume scoring. Generally pretty overrated on Spurstalk. Benefited greatly from playing most of his career in the post-handcheck era. TP's clearly not meant to be a first option in the playoffs. The results speak for themselves.

Johnny RIngo
01-08-2014, 07:31 AM
this team goes as far as MVParker takes them.

So another disappointing playoff exit?

Brazil
01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Pop doesn't think Tony Parker is fatigued.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/01/02/spurs-see-no-fatigue-with-parker-but-performance-has-slipped/

Parker said himself he is gassed and its gonna get worst not sure what pop is trying to achieve here with dat comments

Mikeanaro
01-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Parker said himself he is gassed and its gonna get worst not sure what pop is trying to achieve here with dat comments
Pop is trying to achieve nirvana switching realities, no need to worry :downspin:

Brazil
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Pop is trying to achieve nirvana switching realities, no need to worry :downspin:

or it's a way to tell Parker: stop complaining and play or pop being a smart ass

hater
01-08-2014, 03:03 PM
So another disappointing playoff exit?

yes. most likely

testies
01-08-2014, 07:11 PM
People are so dumb around here.. Parker is one of the best in NBA in playoffs, I wish there was some way of forbidding you haters to celebrate any championships..

hater
01-08-2014, 07:21 PM
People are so dumb around here.. Parker is one of the best in NBA in playoffs, I wish there was some way of forbidding you haters to celebrate any championships..

:tu

lots of dummies around these days

maverick1948
01-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Plenty of time to rest the team Parker included as we get into the 2nd half of the season. A few games gives him off 5 days to rest. Miss only 1 game. Let Pop worry about resting him.

ElNono
01-17-2014, 11:22 PM
dunno about a month, but if that shin is bothering him, better rest now than have a problem later on, tbh

timtonymanu
01-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Sit him against Milwaukee. The Spurs shouldn't need him. Get ready for OKC on Wednesday.

MultiTroll
01-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Parker and Patty take 23 shots between them. For a suck ass 8-23 with a mere five assists.
Kawhi takes 4.

Did not watch game. Please explain wtf was that.

Mikeanaro
01-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Parker and Patty take 23 shots between them. For a suck ass 8-23 with a mere five assists.
Kawhi takes 4.

Did not watch game. Please explain wtf was that.
I dont know, Kawhi played 30 minutes could shot a little more too if he is gonna be our new star and wants to step up
Patty and Porky were both horrible, in fact everybody not named Manu Marco or Boris sucked big time.

MultiTroll
01-18-2014, 02:22 AM
I dont know, Kawhi played 30 minutes could shot a little more too if he is gonna be our new star and wants to step up
Patty and Porky were both horrible, in fact everybody not named Manu Marco or Boris sucked big time.
Was Kawhi passing up shot opportunities or were the French Fag and Patty ballhogging?

apalisoc_9
01-18-2014, 02:30 AM
Was Kawhi passing up shot opportunities or were the French Fag and Patty ballhogging?

He didn't pass up shots..He just didn't get any touches. Oh and Marco sucked balls, don't listen to the guy above...Dude probably gave up 9034974385702394587 points..

See this screen shots for a better idea of why he has 4 shots..yeah Patty chucked today.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228022

Click on the link.

Mikeanaro
01-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Dont listen apalisoc, he thinks is Dr. Basketball, nobody cared about his dumb thread, check it out you will see.
Kawhi is not shooting because he wants to step up without taking risks, go figure, nobody expected Manu making so many points but he took his chances.
When Kawhi can shoot goes weird hesitates and most times pass the ball, and yes tonight Frenchie and Patty were heroes.
And if marco sucked then boris too, both went -11.

BacktoBasics
01-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Patty and Porky were both horrible, in fact everybody not named Manu Marco or Boris sucked big time.Suprised to see you even mention Boris. I figured your inner racist might keep you from recognizing anything of color.

BacktoBasics
01-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Dont listen apalisoc, he thinks is Dr. Basketball, nobody cared about his dumb thread, check it out you will see.
Kawhi is not shooting because he wants to step up without taking risks, go figure, nobody expected Manu making so many points but he took his chances.
When Kawhi can shoot goes weird hesitates and most times pass the ball, and yes tonight Frenchie and Patty were heroes.
And if marco sucked then boris too, both went -11....and no one cares about the post of a dumb bigot.

lefty
01-21-2014, 10:55 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TDMVPDPOY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7086195#post7086195)
i will have to a drop tbomb here

spurs are 3-0 without enrique
spurs win games when enrique doesnt hero and has 10 assists for the game

now when its vice versa by enriques own actions, you get losses

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I miss last year's Parker, tbh:-(..

lefty
01-28-2014, 10:52 PM
4:26
Tony Parker misses free throw 1 of 2
83-88

Spurs offensive team rebound
83-88

Tony Parker misses free throw 2 of 2 :lmao
83-88

83-88
Terrence Jones defensive rebound

4:16

83-90
Dwight Howard makes layup (Jeremy Lin assists)

3:55
Boris Diaw misses hook shot
83-90

3:53
Boris Diaw offensive rebound
83-90

3:51
Boris Diaw misses 5-foot jumper
83-90

3:50
Boris Diaw makes two point shot
85-90

3:50
85-90

3:27

85-90
Dwight Howard offensive goaltending turnover

3:11
Boris Diaw misses 10-foot
85-90

3:09
Tim Duncan offensive rebound
85-90

2:54
Tony Parker bad pass :rollin
85-90

2:54
Spurs Full timeout

2:30

85-90
Chandler Parsons misses 25-foot three point pullup jump shot

2:27

85-90
Jeremy Lin offensive rebound

2:10

85-90
Jeremy Lin misses finger roll layup

2:08

85-90
Terrence Jones offensive rebound

2:05

85-90
Terrence Jones out of bounds lost ball turnover

1:52
Boris Diaw misses 6-foot hook shot
85-90

1:50
85-90

1:47
Marco Belinelli makes 26-foot three point jumper (Boris Diaw assists)
88-90

1:34

88-90
Tim Duncan blocks Dwight Howard 's 2-foot layup

1:32

88-90
Aaron Brooks offensive rebound

1:30

88-90
Aaron Brooks misses three point jumper

1:29

88-90
Dwight Howard offensive rebound

1:28

88-92
Dwight Howard makes two point shot

1:20
Tony Parker misses 21-foot two point jumper :lol
88-92

1:17

88-92
Terrence Jones defensive rebound

1:07
Boris Diaw personal take foul (Dwight Howard draws the foul)
88-92

88-92
Dwight Howard misses free throw 1 of 2

88-92
Rockets offensive team rebound

88-92
Donatas Motiejunas enters the game for Terrence Jones

88-92
Patrick Beverley enters the game for Aaron Brooks

88-92
Dwight Howard misses free throw 2 of 2

1:06

88-92
Dwight Howard offensive rebound

0:48

88-94
Jeremy Lin makes 9-foot two point shot

0:37
Tony Parker misses driving layup :lmao
88-94

0:36
Tim Duncan makes two point shot
90-94

0:36
Tim Duncan offensive rebound
88-94

0:34
Tony Parker personal foul (Jeremy Lin draws the foul)
90-94

:lmao

Johnny RIngo
01-28-2014, 10:55 PM
TP's in playoff mode.

HI-FI
01-28-2014, 11:20 PM
lots of wheels coming off.

apalisoc_9
01-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Tim Duncan 10 shoots :lmao

Darius McCrary
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Falling down on every layup for ~500 games in s row finally catching up to Parker. He's lost his burst, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Let him rest his body for a few weeks, tbh..

apalisoc_9
02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
What happened to TP?

Didint watch the game..He's got 18 minutes in two overtime play.

Hoping it's not serious...

HarlemHeat37
02-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Please, tbh:(..

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2014, 10:27 PM
The guy doesn't like taking month long vacations during the regular season like some OTHER guy.

Seriously Manu doesn't even show up in Road/Home games

freetiago
02-08-2014, 10:39 PM
he should denounce his All-Star selection for DeMarcus Cousins tbh...

TMTTRIO
02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
The guy doesn't like taking month long vacations during the regular season like some OTHER guy.

Seriously Manu doesn't even show up in Road/Home games
I thought you'd be really happy that Manu's out for a long time. Since Manu's a role player they should be just fine without him so so why are you so obsessed with him or what happens to him?

Chomag
02-09-2014, 04:34 PM
His type of PG usually seem to hit a cliff at about his age, and with all the extra miles TP has put on during his career I dont know. I hope it really is just being beat up and not into it yet, and not just his body running out of gas from the father of time.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Anyone wondering about Tony Parker recently should get a view of the leg w/o a sleeve. Looks like it has been attacked by a rabid wolverine. - @JMcDonald_SAEN

Meanwhile...

Tiago: "Ow Pop, I have a bruise, can't go tonight"
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1016744_644471318931960_1494835214_n.jpg

Texas_Ranger
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
he should denounce his All-Star selection for DeMarcus Cousins tbh...

why snub Dragic again?

TD 21
02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Even though I stand by what I said, if the sense is Ginobili and Leonard are ready to go coming out of the break, then they should play him as little as possible in the next two and sit him for the three games coming out of the break.

That way, they should be able to have their cake and eat it too, in the sense of resting him some ( with the exception of the All-Star game, where he'll likely play 5-10 minutes, that would give him 2 full weeks between games), while not losing too much so as to open the door for the Heat to pull away and the Trail Blazers, Clippers and possibly Rockets, to pass them.

Uriel
02-19-2014, 04:57 AM
:tu

Malik Hairston
04-29-2014, 03:23 AM
Should have rested a lot longer, tbh..

MaNu4Tres
04-29-2014, 04:01 AM
Should have rested a lot longer, tbh..

He hasn't been the same all year.

I'd really like to know what he did while Pop babied him all year.

Did he take advantage of the time off by lounging around outside of mandatory rehab and gym work? Or did he go the extra mile by doing EXTRA rehab/gym work voluntarily (outside of mandatory rehab/gym work)?

From the looks of it, it seems like Parker just did the bare minimum to keep the coaches happy and took advantage of the time off lounging around. There's no other excuse for his play right now considering the time Pop gave him to rest throughout the season.

Slightly hurt or not, Spurs won't win many more games if Parker continues his 03'-like performance.

freetiago
04-29-2014, 04:19 AM
only 7 more years to go tbh:downspin:

Malik Hairston
01-14-2015, 02:01 AM
Damn, this thread was made over a year ago and he still hasn't recovered, tbh..He's just finished as anything more than a slightly above average player and we need to accept it:-(..

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 02:41 AM
No amount of rest is going to save Parker. The timvp crowd just needs to accept that Parker's no longer a good player and is actually hurting the team with his current role on the Spurs. Only solution is trading him(impossible with that terrible contract) or significantly decreasing his minutes. He's the Josh Smith of the Spurs

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 02:44 AM
As usual, Good call from Malik.

It's funny seeing people questioning Malik's OP in this thread.

Mainstream fans :lol

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 03:02 AM
cant believe we're only 1.5 seasons removed from peak MVParker :lol

Arcadian
01-14-2015, 03:13 AM
Spurs need Parker to play like a top 3 PG to make a run

Ah, but you were wrong about that (thankfully). :lol

Malik Hairston
01-14-2015, 06:10 AM
^^Yep, I was like all these others Parker believers, tbh, thinking he was actually a vital piece for the Spurs:lmao..