PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's new nickname should be Mr. 3rd quarter

12-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Tbh

Almost every time Kawhi has a good scoring stretch it's coming out of the half.

And then he gets maybe two touches the rest of the game

Thoughts?

12-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Bump

palangi
12-25-2013, 10:55 PM
well I know parker isn't going to pass it to him. I thought the offense looked better tonight with parker on the bench.

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Bump

:ban:

apalisoc_9
12-25-2013, 10:56 PM
They should regularly feed him the ball tbh

.G.
12-25-2013, 10:59 PM
His post-up game looks promising to me. Nigga wasn't hesitant to back down the terrorist in the 3rd, and he looked rather comfortable doing so, too. I think this is an encouraging sign for Spurs fans. I also think his improvement on the post will steadily open up shots from the 3 as teams begin to double team him.

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2013, 11:04 PM
His post-up game looks promising to me. Nigga wasn't hesitant to back down the terrorist in the 3rd, and he looked rather comfortable doing so, too. I think this is an encouraging sign for Spurs fans. I also think his improvement on the post will steadily open up shots from the 3 as teams begin to double team him.

It's difficult to take advantage of Leonard's post up abilities when they rarely give him the ball there, along with the lack of spacing when he plays with Parker and Splitter, tbh..

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome if Kawhi had a 7-ft 250-lb twin brother?

.G.
12-25-2013, 11:13 PM
It's difficult to take advantage of Leonard's post up abilities when they rarely give him the ball there, along with the lack of spacing when he plays with Parker and Splitter, tbh..
This definitely needs to change. I'm just hoping Pop/RC can build upon his effectiveness at the post and run more fucking plays for him because this will add a new dynamic to their offense.

.G.
12-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if Kawhi had a 7-ft 250-lb twin brother?
Steals/blocks galore. Definitely hard to do much on a combined 14ft of velociraptor-like wingspan....

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Steals/blocks galore. Definitely hard to do much on a combined 14ft of velociraptor-like wingspan....

Oh what a beautiful sight that would be. I might actually be ok with trading away my boy Manu if it meant we could get this guy.

.G.
12-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh what a beautiful sight that would be. I might actually be ok with trading away my boy Manu if it meant we could get this guy.
C'mown maing. I would never trade Gino. But I know what you mean...

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:22 PM
C'mown maing. I would never trade Gino. But I know what you mean...

Ok ok. I would trade Parker, Tiago, and a 1st for him.

Johnny RIngo
12-25-2013, 11:24 PM
I thought the offense looked better tonight with parker on the bench.

It's been like that all season. At this point, Ginobili deserves an all-star spot more than Parker.

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:26 PM
It's been like that all season. At this point, Ginobili deserves an all-star spot more than Parker.

Did Parker ever this season?

ThaBigFundamental21
12-25-2013, 11:27 PM
I would be lying if I said I like the way the Spurs are using Leonard. He is far too underutilized. After our Finals loss the one thing you could really take away from the blown opportunity was that Leonard was going to be the next awesome Spur, and with him we at least had a puncher's chance this year. So far Kawhi has underwhelmed, some his fault, some the staff's fault. The obvious correlation is we can't be the top tier teams of the NBA atm. No I'm not saying it's all his fault either. Timmy can't score like he used to, Parker seems to be in a funk, Green went back to being Green. We did pick up Marco, but he alone cannot atone for our scoring deficiencies. We need our guy who can get that tough basket when you absolutely need it. Used to be Timmy, then it was Manu. It was somewhat Parker for a while. Right now, there is no one. Leonard has the athleticism and the youth. Look at him posting up tonight, he is obviously absolutely comfortable doing so. Comfort is key, let him do what he is good at, and his outside shot will come when he is confident and feeling good. His usage rate has only slightly gone up. His numbers continue to underwhelm. Somebody needs to wake up and smell the roses. Leonard is a guy who right a lot of wrongs on this team. Not all, but a lot of them.

TheGoldStandard
12-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Kawhi is either going to have to wait till he's 30 to get plays drawn up for him or he's going to have to speak up because this organization keeps it status quo, same shitty offense, same shitty defense regardless of who they're playing.

kobe4life
12-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Kawhi is garbage he doesn't have the talent to be an all-star player. He doesn't have a jump shot and can only score off broke plays. You guys overrate him too much like Laker fans used to hype up Bynum as a superstar.

dallasmaverickslose
12-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Kawhi is garbage he doesn't have the talent to be an all-star player. He doesn't have a jump shot and can only score off broke plays. You guys overrate him too much like Laker fans used to hype up Bynum as a superstar.

:troll

Juggity
12-26-2013, 12:06 AM

Bynum has a hell of a post up game. If his knees weren't glass, he'd still be the best center in the league, as he was toward the end of his last year in LA.

As for Kawhi, calling him "garbage" is just incorrect by any measure — quantitative or qualitative.

rasuo214
12-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Kawhi would be the best player on the Lakers right now.

kobe4life
12-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Kawhi would be the best player on the Lakers right now.

Nah he can't hit wide open jump shots that definitely wouldn't fit in our system.

rasuo214
12-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Nah he can't hit wide open jump shots that definitely wouldn't fit in our system.

If Kawhi can't hit open shots then what does it say about the Lakers? If all they can hit is 40% of their open shots that's pretty pathetic.

wildchild
12-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Lakers fans...They're saying we're finished? Leonard's garbage? They've guys like Farmar or Williams!! :lol

siraulo23
12-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Ive actually noticed the past couple of games pops made a conscious effort to get kawhi the ball in positions he could take advantage of, hes seens more pick n rolls, more post up action

i like it tbh, now the spurs just have to build on it and continue to develop team chemistry

Floyd Pacquiao
12-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Kawhi looked good when he was running PnR's(just as he did in the golden state game). when he comes off that pick and pulls up in that midrange 16 ft area I damn near expect him to make it everytime. I also like how he attacked the paint off the pick and got an and1 off howard.

lefty
12-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Did Parker ever this season?
Of course Parker did

He is Mister first 82 games

HI-FI
12-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Kawhi looked good when he was running PnR's(just as he did in the golden state game). when he comes off that pick and pulls up in that midrange 16 ft area I damn near expect him to make it everytime. I also like how he attacked the paint off the pick and got an and1 off howard.
pretty much. Parker looked like he had been crying in his post game interview, Pop must have tore into him for how shitty and broke down he's playing. Hopefully Kawhi can get more touches and plays drawn up for him and let Heroball take time off.

and :lol at your sig, that's epic.