Duncan2177
12-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Pathetic

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Alright! :toast

Juggity
12-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Meh, just make the playoffs. Hit stride in March-April.

BatManu20
12-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Sober as a bird.

Aremid
12-25-2013, 10:53 PM
It's only December we'll be fine

look_at_g_shred
12-25-2013, 11:24 PM
It's only December we'll be fine
Your sarcastic ways are getting old.

exstatic
12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Before the offensive overhaul 4-5 years ago, the Spurs would be scraping bottom at .500 about this point in the season.

james evans
12-26-2013, 11:55 AM
i just hope in the playoffs they stop leaving shooters wide open. it happened all last year in the finals, happened the first few games against GS(until popovich deceided to keep someone with curry and thompson. i don't know why the FUK he wouldn't do that from game 1), and it's happening all this season. shit won't change.

boutons_deux
12-26-2013, 12:01 PM
i just hope in the playoffs they stop leaving shooters wide open. it happened all last year in the finals, happened the first few games against GS(until popovich deceided to keep someone with curry and thompson. i don't know why the FUK he wouldn't do that from game 1), and it's happening all this season. shit won't change.

and spurs STILL get outrebounded on defense.

sagging off jump shooters while not really clogging the paint (plenty of opponents' layups) nor getting defensive rebounds, WTF? saggers are often in no man's land, doing nothing, helping nothing.

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM
When Tiago Splitter, Ayres and Bonner are 3 of your "bigs" well then you know you're in trouble. Somewhere the Portland GMs are smiling for driving the price up for Tiago. And the Pacers GMs are even more flabbergasted

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Whatever secrets are in Bonners safe at home isn't going anywhere

Proxy
12-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Harden, Jones, Parsons all logged 40 mins... December award is all yours, McHale

fleggy2k2
12-26-2013, 12:54 PM
^^this x infinity

Skull-1
12-26-2013, 01:08 PM
:rollin

palangi
12-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Harden, Jones, Parsons all logged 40 mins... December award is all yours, McHale
they are all young guys that can play extended minutes in big games. lets try not to lie to ourselves to makes us feel better.

Michael Jordan.
12-26-2013, 01:14 PM
They had no Beverley nor Asik, and a shitty bench.

InRareForm
12-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Regular season losses happen, get over it

boutons_deux
12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Regular season losses happen, get over it

0-7 against playoff teams

Proxy
12-26-2013, 01:29 PM
They had no Beverley nor Asik, and a shitty bench.

forgot about Beverley. :tu

PlayNando
12-26-2013, 01:31 PM
0-7 against playoff teams
Liar. Stop making shat up.

still.focused
12-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Ever thought McHale left them in to make the point that THEY take that game in particular very serious?

DMC
12-27-2013, 12:30 AM
When a team is on the cusp, when they haven't done anything, you have to take your rewards where you can get them. In the Rocket's case, that was playing till the buzzer and soaking up that win. That's important for a team like that. For the Spurs, rest is more important. They know what it's like to win together and to lose together. If they were recently assembled, you'd want them to take their payments in shorter intervals like how you reward a kid or a pet when they do something right. Immature a bit, sure, but group psyche depends sometimes on having a victory to look back on.

Sean Cagney
12-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Pathetic

JUST PATHETIC......

ThaBigFundamental21
12-27-2013, 12:45 AM

I'm not sure this won't be the year tbh. He is getting less and less minutes and has an expiring deal. He could easily be shipped out for cap relief. IMHO this is the year the front office should/needs to make a move. I know a lot of us here on Spursfan say that every year. But is the writing not on the wall? Timmy is 38, Manu 36, Parker now well over 30 is clearly fatigued this season. Green has regressed, Splitter is Splitter. The Spurs need an actual rim defender for Tim to play with, one who can also finish. Or the Spurs need another long athletic defender with some athleticism. IMO if they don't get one of those you can kiss them goodbye in the 2nd RD.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-27-2013, 12:47 AM
they are all young guys that can play extended minutes in big games. lets try not to lie to ourselves to makes us feel better.

Exactly. Look at Tim's minutes in his young days as well.

TheGoldStandard
12-27-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure this won't be the year tbh. He is getting less and less minutes and has an expiring deal. He could easily be shipped out for cap relief. IMHO this is the year the front office should/needs to make a move. I know a lot of us here on Spursfan say that every year. But is the writing not on the wall? Timmy is 38, Manu 36, Parker now well over 30 is clearly fatigued this season. Green has regressed, Splitter is Splitter. The Spurs need an actual rim defender for Tim to play with, one who can also finish. Or the Spurs need another long athletic defender with some athleticism. IMO if they don't get one of those you can kiss them goodbye in the 2nd RD.

Pop always throws Bonner out there when he goes full panic mode and we are getting thrashed by teams, he expects us stretching the floor on offense is going to somehow save the day. What he fails to see is that the defense is the one that's in trouble. Granted we need length and an athletic big who contests shots and can rebound and who can maybe finish within 8 feet of the basket consistently. Problem is we are way too far into the season to pick anyone up on a trade and for them to see any significant minutes.

Proxy
12-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Ever thought McHale left them in to make the point that THEY take that game in particular very serious?

that was my point. That this regular season game in december means much more to Houston than it does to SA.

I'd be concerned if this game happened post-rodeo road trip.

exstatic
12-27-2013, 09:17 AM

There are no big games in December.

exstatic
12-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Trufe bomb: the Rockets are the 90s Spurs, and we are now the 90s Rockets. SA beat Houston 4 times in the regular season the year they cleaned our clocks in the WCFs.

wut
12-27-2013, 11:07 AM
We live and die by Parker, and right now he is not playing team basketball, so we will continue to lose to good teams until he figures his shit out. You could see how pissed Pop was at Parker last night.

Parker's problem is that he thinks dribbling beats passing.

We just need to come to terms with the truth: Spurs do NOT have as talented star players as the rest of the top 5 teams in the league. This means if the team isn't playing together and one or two players are "taking a night off" (by standing still, instead of motion offense, or not passing when they touch the ball), we will lose....and you play like that against a top team and you will lose big.

TheGoldStandard
12-27-2013, 01:08 PM
We live and die by Parker, and right now he is not playing team basketball, so we will continue to lose to good teams until he figures his shit out. You could see how pissed Pop was at Parker last night.

We just need to come to terms with the truth: Spurs do NOT have as talented star players as the rest of the top 5 teams in the league. This means if the team isn't playing together and one or two players are "taking a night off" (by standing still, instead of motion offense, or not passing when they touch the ball), we will lose....and you play like that against a top team and you will lose big.

Parker believes and to a certain degree Pop believes that Parker needs to be scoring like last year. Parker has been slumping all season, no rhythm or just flat from fatigue so he's trying to shoot himself out of the slump and
defensively he's really dragging ass not to expend energy.

Skull-1
12-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Parker believes and to a certain degree Pop believes that Parker needs to be scoring like last year. Parker has been slumping all season, no rhythm or just flat from fatigue so he's trying to shoot himself out of the slump and defensively he's really dragging ass not to expend energy.

I still contend Parker was not hurt in the Finals. He faked it to enhance/protect his legacy. However, I will play along...

The fact is, Parker has A LOT OF MILEAGE. Many years in the league. International ball. Extended playoff runs. He is old for his age. It is only a matter of time before he gets hurt, loses a step, or both. If it hasn't already happened...

TheGoldStandard
12-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I still contend Parker was not hurt in the Finals. He faked it to enhance/protect his legacy. However, I will play along...

fact is, Parker has A LOT OF MILEAGE. Many years in the league. International ball. Extended playoff runs. He is old for his age. It is only a matter of time before he gets hurt, loses a step, or both. If it hasn't already happened...

I don't think he's injured, just exhausted and slumping and in his mind he's thinking just keep shooting they'll start to fall. Point Guards will always show the most wear and tear.

Skull-1
12-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't think he's injured, just exhausted and slumping and in his mind he's thinking just keep shooting they'll start to fall. Point Guards will always show the most wear and tear.

Yes and the guy is gassed. He's not 29 any more. ("I'm 29-years old Pop.")

TheGoldStandard
12-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes and the guy is gassed. He's not 29 any more. ("I'm 29-years old Pop.")

He looks like me after 5 minutes into a pickup game

Skull-1
12-27-2013, 01:49 PM
He looks like me after 5 minutes into a pickup game

:lol

SpurPadre
12-27-2013, 11:35 PM
They're 24, 21, and 25 respectfully. 40 minutes on x-mas won't come back to haunt them come April-May.

T Park
12-27-2013, 11:55 PM
They're 24, 21, and 25 respectfully. 40 minutes on x-mas won't come back to haunt them come April-May.

The hell it won't...

apalisoc_9
12-28-2013, 01:33 AM

ElNono
12-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Jeff could've used one of those tweets before the DWI, tbh

cd98
12-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Losses to Houston at home could hurt big time in end of the season tie breakers. McHale knows winning against the Spurs in the regular season is more important than beating a scrub team. Pop knows this too. He's not afraid of the warriors, but he wanted a win against the Thunder for seeding purposes down the road.

td4mvp21
12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Jeff could've used one of those tweets before the DWI, tbh

Damnit, was gonna say I'm glad he's sober now :lol