PDA

View Full Version : I would rather slump now than in April, tbh...

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Let's work out these kinks and hit our stride in a few months. It'll all work out.

Tbh, I would actually be a little conccerned if we were firing on all cylinders right now.

look_at_g_shred
12-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Wrong thread asshole!

RD2191
12-25-2013, 10:53 PM
:lolg shred

-21-
12-25-2013, 10:54 PM
This doesn't look like a slump. Which makes it more concerning.

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Wrong thread asshole!

fuck you

Bruno
12-25-2013, 10:56 PM
I would rather not slum now and not in April.

And there are some true issues with that team. Spurs are showing worrisome limitations.

TheGreatYacht
12-25-2013, 10:59 PM

And there are some true issues with that team. Spurs are showing worrisome limitations.

Really?

HI-FI
12-25-2013, 10:59 PM

:tu
people are crazy to deny it.

TheGreatYacht
12-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Loser's mentality from the loser OP

dallasmaverickslose

Well yeah, I would rather not slump at all.

But some slumps look more serious than others. We also have several players recovering from inuries and part of me think even Kawhi is not 100%. I also think we did not have an optimal lineup tonight. As much as I've been saying Danny Green isn't playing his greatest, he should be starting. Marco does so much better off the bench.

RD2191
:lol

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:02 PM

Says the guy who doubts that we'll get back to the finals.

look_at_g_shred
12-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Damn, I love this forum :)

palangi
12-25-2013, 11:04 PM
speaking of now instead of april.

why not see what malcolm thomas can do now? your telling me he can't get 5-10 minutes to see what he has? especially with a team that plays small ball like houston. his length would have been great on casspi, parsons, or jones.

It's not like bonner play is keeping him on the bench.

Chomag
12-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Truth bombs!!!

Hopefully most here can handle it.

ElNono
12-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I'll give the benefit of the doubt. While there are some stretches of real shitty D, our best defensive lineup from last season is intact. They just need to play better.

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:09 PM
I'll give the benefit of the doubt. While there are some stretches of real shitty D, our best defensive lineup from last season is intact. They just need to play better.

:toast

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Spurs have an easy upcoming schedule, so they can use this time to work out the rough spots and flaws in their overall game. Improve the defense, work on ball flow, and get the shooting down a little more, and this team will be back in it. I know they've lost to OKC twice, Houston twice, and the Pacers, but those games all mean NOTHING as long as Spurs secure a good spot in the playoffs. Thunder are bound to tank

Chomag
12-25-2013, 11:19 PM
You guys do realize that the other elite teams will also be ratcheting it up later in the season as well right?

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:20 PM
You guys do realize that the other elite teams will also be ratcheting it up later in the season as well right?

Csn you also tell me the winning lottery numbers in April?

RD2191
12-25-2013, 11:21 PM
:loltbfh, its as if only the Spurs are going to turn it up later on. other younger teams are also going to be fighting for position and home court

ElNono
12-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Last season though, there was a lot of talk on how the Spurs needed the top record, etc and seeding ended up working to our advantage. While you do want to win as many games as possible, and obviously improve, it's too early to talk about positioning, IMO

GrandeDavid
12-25-2013, 11:52 PM
The only good take I've read here in a long while.

TheGoldStandard
12-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Last season though, there was a lot of talk on how the Spurs needed the top record, etc and seeding ended up working to our advantage. While you do want to win as many games as possible, and obviously improve, it's too early to talk about positioning, IMO

Our path to the Finals was one of great fortune, not so much this year.

kobe4life
12-25-2013, 11:56 PM
You guys are in trouble especially when you think a guy like Kawhi can carry your team. I will say it and that is Kawhi will never ever ever be a special player. This guy is only a solid player at best who can get you 10-12 points and 7 boards thats it.

siraulo23
12-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Please i dont care if u r in a slump or not

you dont lose to a playoff team twice on your home floor

dallasmaverickslose
12-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Please i dont care if u r in a slump or not

you dont lose to a playoff team twice on your home floor

Well maybe that's exactly what will happen to the Rockets?

ElNono
12-26-2013, 12:04 AM
You guys are in trouble especially when you think a guy like Kawhi can carry your team. I will say it and that is Kawhi will never ever ever be a special player. This guy is only a solid player at best who can get you 10-12 points and 7 boards thats it.

He doesn't watch Naruto though

dallasmaverickslose
12-26-2013, 12:05 AM

whos troll is this :lol

ElNono
12-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Our path to the Finals was one of great fortune, not so much this year.

Some fortune, some good play. I couldn't tell you about this season, too early.

Sean Cagney
12-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Some fortune, some good play. I couldn't tell you about this season, too early.

Most teams that make the finals have fortune so some can say that but honestly what you said above is dead on.

TXstbobcat
12-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Tonights loss and the other recent losses to playoff teams has frustrated me just as much as everyone else but I'm not willing to give up entirely on the whole season at this point.

wildcardX
12-26-2013, 12:21 AM
It looks as if the Spurs play every team the same. For most of the teams in the league the Spurs will win because they are simply better, hence the current record. Against the top 5-6 teams it seems as if they're not increasing the intensity of their play and just going through their normal game routine. Like they have been saying about Miami the past couple of seasons, they turn on a switch and start playing like champions. The Spurs are not trying to lose these games but they're not doing what's necessary to win. Commit a hard foul, fight for rebounds, dive for loose balls. There's no reason to get blown out by the Clippers or the Rockets as those teams records are not consistent enough for them to be that much better of a team than the Spurs. It's still early in the season things can change, or it can stay as it is and the Spurs get exposed in the playoffs like a few years ago. We knew the big three is older and will decline but it should be offset by the development of the rest of the team. Actually Manu, Mills, and Diaw look better this year. Belinelli is an upgrade over Neal. Leonard not having the big jump we expected but AT TIMES shows that potential. Only Green and Splitter(on offense) look to be the same as last year. The Spurs should be better than last year. I don't want to think that the team is not playing with that drive for a championship, if anything they should be more hungry after last season.

Mikeanaro
12-26-2013, 12:22 AM
I would prefer having the championship last season and a slump now and in april TBH!

Aremid
12-26-2013, 01:44 AM
It looks as if the Spurs play every team the same. For most of the teams in the league the Spurs will win because they are simply better, hence the current record. Against the top 5-6 teams it seems as if they're not increasing the intensity of their play and just going through their normal game routine. Like they have been saying about Miami the past couple of seasons, they turn on a switch and start playing like champions. The Spurs are not trying to lose these games but they're not doing what's necessary to win. Commit a hard foul, fight for rebounds, dive for loose balls. There's no reason to get blown out by the Clippers or the Rockets as those teams records are not consistent enough for them to be that much better of a team than the Spurs. It's still early in the season things can change, or it can stay as it is and the Spurs get exposed in the playoffs like a few years ago. We knew the big three is older and will decline but it should be offset by the development of the rest of the team. Actually Manu, Mills, and Diaw look better this year. Belinelli is an upgrade over Neal. Leonard not having the big jump we expected but AT TIMES shows that potential. Only Green and Splitter(on offense) look to be the same as last year. The Spurs should be better than last year. I don't want to think that the team is not playing with that drive for a championship, if anything they should be more hungry after last season.

The problem is the spurs got marginally better than last year while the rockets pacers clippers and thunder for significantly better. In other words, this team at 100 percent won't beat any of those teams at 100 percent because of the lack of talent. They need a trade and fast.

rascal
12-26-2013, 08:59 AM
This doesn't look like a slump. Which makes it more concerning.

It is not a slump but more of a pattern, the spurs can't beat the better more athletic teams in the league.

dallasmaverickslose
03-29-2014, 01:04 AM
WELL WELL WELL...

Kool Bob Love
03-29-2014, 02:01 AM
:loltbfh, its as if only the Spurs are going to turn it up later on. other younger teams are also going to be fighting for position and home court

:lmao

RD2191
03-29-2014, 02:07 AM

What's funny? OKC is still right there, and don't act like you saw a 16 game win streak coming.

Kool Bob Love
03-29-2014, 02:12 AM
What's funny?

tbfh, its as if only the Spurs are going to turn it up later on. other younger teams are also going to be fighting for position and home court

Records (Post All-star Break) (Including tonight)

Spurs-18-1 (.947)

Clippers 14-4 (.777)

Heat-12-8 (.600)

Thunder 10-7 (.588)

Pacers-12-9 (.571)

:rollin:rollin

TE
03-29-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm just glad the playoffs are right around the corner. The first couple of months in the season weren't exactly a promising time, tbh.

RD2191
03-29-2014, 08:50 AM

:rollin:rollin

Why is that funny?

dallasmaverickslose
04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
:elephant

Darius Bieber
04-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Rob is right. Spurs are on a long-ass winning streak and the Thunder are still only a few games back, while missing Thabo and Kendrick, with Westbrook, for a few games... Don't get too cocky Spurs.