PDA

View Full Version : Spurs by Christmas - the past 5 seasons and championship seasons

Spursfanfromafar
12-26-2013, 12:44 AM
2013-14 - 22/7; 3rd in WC
2012-13 - 21/8; 3rd in WC
2011-12 - LOCKOUT; 21/9 in Feb; 2nd in WC
2010-11 - 25/4; 1st in WC
2009-10 - 15/11; 7th in WC

Championship seasons (latest) -

2006-07 - 21/7; 1st in WC
2004-05 - 21/6; 3rd in WC
2002-03 - 18/10; 3rd in WC

In other words.. pipe down your emo outbursts.

PlayNando
12-26-2013, 12:45 AM
:tu

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2013, 12:47 AM
2013-14 - 22/7; 3rd in WC
2012-13 - 21/8; 3rd in WC
2011-12 - LOCKOUT; 21/9 in Feb; 2nd in WC
2010-11 - 25/4; 1st in WC
2009-10 - 15/11; 7th in WC

Championship seasons (latest) -

2006-07 - 21/7; 1st in WC
2004-05 - 21/6; 3rd in WC
2002-03 - 18/10; 3rd in WC

In other words.. pipe down your emo outbursts.

No more prime Duncan or prime Manu though. Parker's supposed to be in his prime but he looks worse than Jeremy Lin after three consecutive summers without any rest.

Spursfanfromafar
12-26-2013, 12:50 AM
No more prime Duncan or prime Manu though. Parker's supposed to be in his prime but he looks worse than Jeremy Lin after three consecutive summers without any rest.

With Prime Manu & Duncan, Spurs got to 1st position only once.

This team has more depth and more savvy and less drop-off after big 3. They need some minor tinkering here & there (a rejigging of their end of bench role players), but overall they are fine and pretty much contenders despite disappointing games against big teams so far.

Mikeanaro
12-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Forget the past, this is now who cares that shit, after seeing my team losing against shitty teams in a first round I dont give a fuck about lucky charms, funny facts and history stats.
Here is one= Spurs always won in uneven years, what happened to 2009,2011 & 2013.
Here is another= Spurs always win THE FINALS, guess what happened last season?

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2013, 01:00 AM
With Prime Manu & Duncan, Spurs got to 1st position only once.

Don't remember SPAM? Prime Duncan Spurs always peaked after March.

This team has more depth and more savvy and less drop-off after big 3. They need some minor tinkering here & there (a rejigging of their end of bench role players), but overall they are fine and pretty much contenders despite disappointing games against big teams so far.

Historically, depth doesn't mean much in the playoffs. We made a deep run last year on the back of great seasons from Duncan and Parker. Both have dropped off this year. Duncan can and probably will improve but Parker's a lost cause after the idiot chose to play for his NT this summer. Unless he gets some rest ASAP, I don't he'll come anywhere close to last year's level.

Godbama
12-26-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm not sure who I find more annoying, those full of "emo outbursts" already freaking out so early in the season or the simple-minded people who think being a fan means blind faith in assuming things will work out.
Actually I wasn't being truthful there, I already know the "YO BRO YOU GOTTA BELIEVE EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS, DON'T BE A TRAITOR" dudes are more annoying because having doubts and expressing contrary thought and potential is sort of more human and less DURRRRR. Mark Jackson-ass motherfuckers just relying on some sort of vague faith everything will come together. At least the morons slitting their wrists and coming up with fantastical doomsday scenarios are technically using their brains in some function, even if it's using their brain to totally overreact like idiots. The guys who just spit out the same blindly positive estimate because they think that's what they're supposed to do as DEDICATED SPURS FANS are boring in their repetition regardless of context, at least the emo kids are reacting to things occurring and happening rather than napping against the past achievements of this organization and guilt-tripping other fans like Jewish mothers by bringing up how entitled we are compared to fans of other shittier organizations that haven't achieved anything be thankful for what you have and finish eating your broccoli blahblahblahblahblahblah. I'm not going to lower my standards or expectations or criticisms because of Clippers fans, fuck 'em. Someone reacting in a totally overblown pussy way is still more interesting than the one guy whose only response to a loss is to go: "YO GUESS THIS WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE GAMES."

We're neither fine nor doomed, I wish you'd all Bowen-kick each other to death. :wakeup

RD2191
12-26-2013, 01:52 AM
:wakeup

Spursfanfromafar
12-26-2013, 03:09 AM
Don't remember SPAM? Prime Duncan Spurs always peaked after March.

Yeah. I do.. Thats why I am not going emo over December losses even now.

Historically, depth doesn't mean much in the playoffs. We made a deep run last year on the back of great seasons from Duncan and Parker. Both have dropped off this year. Duncan can and probably will improve but Parker's a lost cause after the idiot chose to play for his NT this summer. Unless he gets some rest ASAP, I don't he'll come anywhere close to last year's level.

Not much in the playoffs.. but keeping the Big 3 fresh for the playoffs and the presence of very good role players who can take the load if need be, is always good.

Parker chose to play for France, inspired his teammates to a major international trophy and has got folks like Diaw revved up. After a deflating NBA Finals run, Parker's experience is only good for him. If he manages his work properly over the season, the 2013 after-effects wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Sean Cagney
12-26-2013, 03:14 AM
So the past always repeats itself every damn year? Different players and team now, who cares about what happened in the past? This is the team now and it will have a different ending or storyline this year, period end of story. Oh well we will be fine we did this in 03 or 05 blah blhaaahhhhhhhhhhhh blahhhhhhhhhhhh. Just watch now and take what comes from here on out.

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2013, 03:16 AM
the 2013 after-effects wouldn't be too much of an issue.

They're already visible right now. He looks horrid compared to last year

Spursfanfromafar
12-26-2013, 03:28 AM
They're already visible right now. He looks horrid compared to last year

Yes. But he is clearly playing well within himself and preparing for April. SPAM, you said?