PDA

View Full Version : Pop: "That's an embarrassing loss."

Spurs Brazil
12-26-2013, 07:22 AM
"We just didn't give very good performances," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "You can live with that from time to time. Nobody's going to play perfect every night. But you can't combine poor performances with a lack of physicality and a lack of discipline. They whipped us. They whipped us good. That's an embarrassing loss."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489294

AchillesHeel
12-26-2013, 08:01 AM
They just didn't look ready physically, had a nice run at the end of the 2nd quarter, but couldn't keep it going in the 2nd half. First quarter blowout was the Rockets fluking 3s(Parsons pulling up from 30) and Splitter playing like the pussy he is.

Regardless, this team is too complacent, I know we try to take it easy in the regular season, but I'm afraid we're losing our mojo.

DMC
12-26-2013, 09:04 AM
The Spurs came out like they just got out of bed, no one wanted the reigns except Manu and Patty Mills. Tim is always good on defense and the boards, but is offense is pretty bad lately.

All that aside, the Rockets were on fire. They hit everything they shot. Harden is one of the best 2 or 3 in the league if he plays like that.

boutons_deux
12-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Spurs 0 - 7 vs playoff teams.

Is it PTSD from June?

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Duncan and crew not giving a fuck tbh.

ElNono
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Was wondering when Pop was gonna pull the soft card, tbh

maverick1948
12-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Embarrassing loss? Where was Aron Baynes? Sitting on the bench. Last April, when we played the Lakers in the playoffs, Baynes played against D12 and did a fantastic job. Why was he not on the court for more than 2 minutes?

Yes, Pop it was embarrassing loss and I give you the fault for not having Baynes on the floor.

George Gervin's Afro
12-26-2013, 10:50 AM
lack of energy... reminds me of the years after they won the championship... other teams coming out looking for blood and the Spurs? Going through the motions at half speed

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I hate to say this but it feels like lately every time we play a good team they fluke a bunch of ridic shots against us. As soon as Parsons pulled up from 35 feet and drained it AGAIN I turned it off.

Our defense in the first quarter was pure shit.

polandprzem
12-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Was wondering when Pop was gonna pull the soft card, tbh

I was wondering as well.

He seemed to be mad at the game. I did not got it when he refused to take a timeout in the 1st when Rox were rolling.

Jeeezaz got damn! :pctoss

It's not funny to lose with every team that means something in this league. This is a measure stick to see what's the team value, how can they handle top clubs.
Spurs are medicore team at the moment and it's tough to think they can advance to the second round.
And it happens after so devastating loss last year. I'm embarrassed as hell!

ThaBigFundamental21
12-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Yet Pop won't utilize Leonard more??? If he is calling the team out for being soft, yet he isn't running plays for Leonard, then maybe Pop really doesn't know how to fix this situation...

polandprzem
12-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I hate to say this but it feels like lately every time we play a good team they fluke a bunch of ridic shots against us. As soon as Parsons pulled up from 35 feet and drained it AGAIN I turned it off.

Our defense in the first quarter was pure shit.

Not only 1st Q - Houston were able to drive at will. And when the spurs collapse to the middle and easy kickout.

F that I'm pissed!

polandprzem
12-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Yet Pop won't utilize Leonard more??? If he is calling the team out for being soft, yet he isn't running plays for Leonard, then maybe Pop really doesn't know how to fix this situation...

F Kawhi tbh :)

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 11:05 AM

They've gone full blown system Tbh. It took 2 seasons to make parker the focal point, will probably take another 2 or 3 for kawhi to get the ball frequently. Guys like Manu could be magicians with the ball because the system then was 4down. Give the ball to Tim and he will either score or find an open shooter. Parker had years to grow too because of that system.

Darius Bieber
12-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't get Pop. He didn't call time out in the First Quarter when the Spurs were getting fucked in the ass. Fucking Houston called a time out before he did, and Houston was shooting out of their minds. Pathetic.

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Pop is senile, he thinks in those situations just get the ball to Timmy or Parker. He thinks Tiago is Oberto, Ayres is Elson and Diaw is McDyess but fatter.

apalisoc_9
12-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Pop has never really had to work with a SF like Kawhi Leonard. It's a learning process even for an elite coach like him

AchillesHeel
12-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Is it PTSD from June?

We've beaten the Raptors,Suns,Warriors,Hawks,Celtics, those teams are all in the playoffs right now.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Pop looked ready to go off on those reporters. At the end: "Anyone else?!" and then storms off. Can't blame him though.

Chomag
12-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Duncan and crew not giving a fuck tbh.
Matthew R Tynan ‏@Matthew_Tynan (https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan)21m (https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/416055100876935168)
Straight from the horse's mouth: Duncan says these losses to the "elite" teams are starting to matter "more and more."

Yep, I guess your right...

TampaDude
12-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Is it PTSD from June?

Shit, we were fine in June. If we played in the playoffs like we did last night, the Warriors would've swept our asses.

jimbo
12-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Embarrassing loss? Where was Aron Baynes? Sitting on the bench. Last April, when we played the Lakers in the playoffs, Baynes played against D12 and did a fantastic job. Why was he not on the court for more than 2 minutes?

Yes, Pop it was embarrassing loss and I give you the fault for not having Baynes on the floor.

Dwight was still hurt last season. He's not the same dude that was on the floor last night

mingus
12-26-2013, 02:51 PM
We can't defend guards. They go off on us. I think it comes down to mostly effort. I don't see that frenetic defense on the perimeter that we saw last year.

TheGoldStandard
12-26-2013, 02:55 PM
We've beaten the Raptors,Suns,Warriors,Hawks,Celtics, those teams are all in the playoffs right now.

Raptors, Celtics, Hawks are in the East so that point is moot. Suns and Warriors are still 2nd tier playoff teams.

T Park
12-26-2013, 04:06 PM

Yes, the difference in the game is a white stuff who over fouls. No question.

Raven
12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
at least it should put an end to the coasting excuse..

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2013, 04:15 PM

True. But last night, Howard wasn't the problem. It was the shooters left wide the fuck open. You can't tell me that if we pressured the arc from the start that they still score 40 in the first. It's BS man!!! Spurs just acting real lazy right now.

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2013, 04:16 PM
at least it should put an end to the coasting excuse..
It's not coasting. It's laziness. Half ass D.

Raven
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
It's not coasting. It's laziness. Half ass D.

in belinelli's case i think it's more incapability (since i have seen the guy play more than anyone here and i still haven't seen him contest a perimeter shot properly in his career) tbh, in parker's case, yeah lazyness.

r0drig0lac
12-26-2013, 05:35 PM
is now waiting for change, although I think the change has to be human material, with this team no system could lead to beat the best teams

still.focused
12-26-2013, 06:16 PM
So which one of you guys are gonna call Pop a cliffjumper or tell him that its only December and he shouldnt be worried?
Ill wait

still.focused
12-26-2013, 06:18 PM
in belinelli's case i think it's more incapability (since i have seen the guy play more than anyone here and i still haven't seen him contest a perimeter shot properly in his career) tbh, in parker's case, yeah lazyness.

Belinelli is far from a good defender but he does put forth some effort
He was all over the late Harden 3, just got burned by a superios player

12-26-2013, 06:39 PM
0-7 against the elite teams in the league to date.

Tuddy
12-26-2013, 07:25 PM
If the Spurs meet them in the playoffs, they've got to expose Harden defensively, either chasing Ginobili around to sap his energy or posting Leonard against him

Slippy
12-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Just hope Tony was making a protest about playing on xmas becaus he was the real embarressment last night. His faulty decision making on both ends hurts the spurs the most. Against the contenders who are best at capitlising on mistakes it really stands out.