PDA

View Full Version : Manu wrote about Oberto and Scola

manubili
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
In spanish:
http://argentina.manuginobili.com

Google translation, with corrections made by me (I'm not so sure about them, so spanish speakers take a look!) (How the hell do you translate "cable a tierra"????)
Here it goes:

Here I am, calm and enjoying every day of the obtained ring by the Spurs. The value of having fulfilled the objective and to be champion of the world I feel every day more intense, although at the time of joining with my family and my friends, that does not count to me; those who surround me don't take in care the results. Luckily, that also makes me feel great. I am getting up to date with many things, eating "asado" (barbeque) very often, and going outa little.

I want to rest and to be calm. Anyway, I follow what happens in basquetbol and specially with my team. It makes me very happy that Fabricio Oberto has fixed to play in the Spurs, but very sad by the situation of Luisito Scola. They are two great players and friends, and I would have been enchanted to play with both in San Antonio, but, lamentably, it was one or another. It was a question of top salary amount, and amount of big players who already are in the team.

When signing Robert Horry, who had a great end of season, make it difficult on Scola, in addition he had problems with his exit of Tau. I was asked about both of them and I said what thought, but later it was handled by the directors. It is necessary to consider also that Tim Duncan plays 35 or 40 minutes per game and there's is not much time to distribute with other players
of his position. For that reason, also, the Scola posibility cooled off.

Oberto is an incredible player, praised by whatever he has been his companion. Fabri is a great worker, has a high competitive spirit, much character and always plays with a team sense, unselfishly. And in tactical questions he is not going to have any problem, he will adapt easy because they will request him what he better knows: to defend and to take bounces.

We are not going to need that he scores 15 or 20 points. I believe that Oberto will have important minutes and is going to convince quickly the coach with his game. He will have to fight the position with Rasho Nesterovic, that did not finish well becouse of an injury, and Nazr Mohamed.

I spoke with Fabri days ago, and he was very happy and anxious for beginning right now. He demonstrated his desire to play in the NBA by discarding some millionaire offers of several important teams of Europe. He made a great bet.

Luisito (Scola) also is great as a player and as person, and I would say to him that he doesn't have to lower his arms, because I am sure that he will be successful in the NBA. I can imagine how sad he is right now. In addition, to fight to obtain his freedom from his club, is a very hard and complicated issue, difficult to handle.

About the program "Basquetbol without borders", that allowed me to be with a lot of people, I was specially surprised by the revolution arround me, specially in the hospitals. The greater mistakes that causes those crowds, the hardships that causes that I could not have been more time with the children,
was due to the adults. They made anything in order to obtain an autograph.

We almost had to suspend everything because of them. It is evident that these visits could not ne made without the NBA due to a question of organization and security. For me, it was a great "down to earth" to have been able to help the children. I realize the lucky person that I am when I see the smile of those children.

It was beautiful and very exciting to know that they were waiting for me, some even with drawings and dedications, to see how they look at me. To know that they want to imitate me, creates a great commitment to me. They take me as an example and I want to respond to them in the best possible way.

The idea is to continue helping the children and for that reason, in a moment, I will begin to work on a foundation with my name to try to give something back to them, they deserve it.

Manu

kolko
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22202

manubili
07-30-2005, 08:15 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22202
:pctoss