PDA

View Full Version : Who are your realistic SB contenders?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
- Denver
- Seattle
- Carolina
- New England
- San Francisco
- New Orleans

I had trouble putting NO in there because barring a loss at Carolina, it will be extremely difficult for them to win three straight road games IMO. I don't think Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or Kansas City are consistent enough to be a threat. Chicago, Dallas/Philly, and Miami/Baltimore/San Diego are all teams that can be on - and off and I think they could do damage.. but ultimately I don't see going all the way.

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 02:43 PM
New England
Denver
San Francisco
Seattle

In that order...SB Champ will come from AFC

TampaDude
12-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Seattle and Denver in the SB. Everyone else is fooling themselves.

MeloHype
12-26-2013, 02:44 PM
You don't put KC yet you put the Panthers :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 02:47 PM
You don't put KC yet you put the Panthers :lol

KC has been regressing and the Panthers have a way better defense... and offense, tbh.

:lmao comparing KC to Carolina
:lmao

do you really think KC would beat NO, NE and @ SF? Don't kid yourself.

MeloHype
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
KC has been regressing and the Panthers have a way better defense... and offense, tbh.

:lmao comparing KC to Carolina
:lmao

do you really think KC would beat NO, NE and @ SF? Don't kid yourself.
Jamaal Charles alone is better than the Panthers offense

And no KC would not beat any of those teams but neither would the panthers

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Carolina's beaten all 3 of them this year...they would get tooled on a neutral field by NE, though.

Creepn
12-26-2013, 02:54 PM
All you got to do is sack Manning... let me rephrase... all you have to do is make Manning drop down and turtle a few times and it's game over.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Carolina's beaten all 3 of them this year.
MeloHype

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Carolina's beaten all 3 of them this year...they would get tooled on a neutral field by NE, though.

Not without Gronk

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Not without Gronk
Yeah, they would dude...gotta temper your expectations. Give BB a 2nd look at Newton and it's ovah. Not to mention that Brady is the best cold weather QB to ever play the game

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:05 PM
It's wide open and I'd be shocked if the chalks (Denver and Seattle) BOTH make the SB. Historically and recently, It just doesn't happen often at all.

It also doesn't matter who is peaking and who is slumping at the end of the regular season, as evidenced by the Saints in 2009 (3 straight losses to end season), Giants in 2011-12, and Ravens last year.

Playoff runs are completely seperate than regular season success.

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:07 PM
It's wide open and I'd be shocked if the chalks (Denver and Seattle) BOTH make the SB. Historically and recently, It just doesn't happen often at all.

It also doesn't matter who is peaking and who is slumping at the end of the regular season, as evidenced by the Saints on 2009 (3 straight losses to end season), Giants in 2012, and Ravens last year.

Playoff runs are completely seperate than regular season success.

Yup, 2009 Chargers, 2010 Patriots, and 2012 Broncos know this.

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers will play vs Bears. Add Packers as #5 on the list.

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Yup, 2009 Chargers, 2010 Patriots, and 2012 Broncos know this.

The last 3 years, the home teams are combined 2-4 in the Conference Championship Round.

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Seattle and Denver in the SB. Everyone else is fooling themselves.

There has been a total of one #1 seed to reach the SB in the past 3 seasons, and they lost it. I don't think either of the #1 seeds this season strike fear into any of the other teams.

Holden_Caulfield
12-26-2013, 03:16 PM
add GB if they win and remove the saints :lol

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:19 PM
add GB if they win and remove the saints :lol

Saints are the only team in the NFL ranked in the top 5 in both offense and defense. They have as good of a chance as anyone else. Playoff football is insane, you know this bro

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I can't trust the Saints on the road...if they get the #2 seed maybe they make a run--but I have a feeling they're one-and-done otherwise

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
I can't trust the Saints on the road...if they get the #2 seed maybe they make a run--but I have a feeling they're one-and-done otherwise

Understandable, as they have done nothing on the road to warrant anyone's trust. But from the crazy shit that has happened in the playoffs over the last 3 seasons, I wouldn't completely rule them out. Any team can get hot for 3 games in the playoffs.

Holden_Caulfield
12-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Saints are the only team in the NFL ranked in the top 5 in both offense and defense. They have as good of a chance as anyone else. Playoff football is insane, you know this bro
If they won their division no doubt but on the road its just hard to trust the saints at this point

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Understandable, as they have done nothing on the road to warrant anyone's trust. But from the crazy shit that has happened in the playoffs over the last 3 seasons, I wouldn't completely rule them out. Any team can get hot for 3 games in the playoffs.
Packers, Giants, and Ravens were cold weather teams though, capable of great play in any venue. Saints will most likely play all their potential playoff games in freezing temperatures with wind and rain/snow a factor.

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 03:41 PM
That being said, they could make a run if they get Dallas and Carolina in the first 2 rounds. Cowboys can't beat the Saints, and Carolina would need to shut Brees down twice in a month. Maybe they get lucky and host SF in the NFCCG after that--Saints won't lose at home in playoffs. I'd bet against them at PHI, GB, CHI, and SEA though.

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Packers, Giants, and Ravens were cold weather teams though, capable of great play in any venue. Saints will most likely play all their potential playoff games in freezing temperatures with wind and rain/snow a factor.

They would need things to break their way in the seedings for sure. They could beat the Eagles in a shootout in Philly, as their home record over the past 2 years is even worse than the Saints road record, then hopefully would draw Carolina in the divisional round, as they have shown that they can compete there. Then just see how the other side of the bracket plays out and at least have a chance to get to the NFCC. Again, I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just saying that it's not impossible, and we have seen some weird shit in the playoffs.

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 03:49 PM
That being said, they could make a run if they get Dallas and Carolina in the first 2 rounds. Cowboys can't beat the Saints, and Carolina would need to shut Brees down twice in a month. Maybe they get lucky and host SF in the NFCCG after that--Saints won't lose at home in playoffs. I'd bet against them at PHI, GB, CHI, and SEA though.

They could win at Philly with their young QB and horrible defense, and they also easily beat Chicago this season on the road, albeit nice weather conditions. Obviously Cowboys would be a dream opening round opponent. Yeah I wouldn't like our chances in GB or Seattle, but as you said last week, at least Seattle lost their aura of invincibility at home.

HarlemHeat37
12-26-2013, 04:04 PM
There aren't any great teams in the NFL this season, tbh..

Of the teams that will/could make the playoffs, the following teams have virtually no chance of winning this year IMO: Miami, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Carolina, San Fransisco, Chicago and Dallas..

Every other team has a legit shot IMO..

J.T.
12-26-2013, 04:43 PM
The last 3 years, the home teams are combined 2-4 in the Conference Championship Round.

2010 Steelers and 2011 Patriots?

johnsmith
12-26-2013, 04:44 PM
I think (or maybe just hope) that the Broncos should make the Super Bowl this season. They're offense can carry them thru two wins at home assuming they beat Oakland on Sunday. After that, you never really know what will happen in the Super Bowl....your team could be getting their ass handed to them and then the power could go out for 45 minutes.

J.T.
12-26-2013, 04:45 PM
I think (or maybe just hope) that the Broncos should make the Super Bowl this season. They're offense can carry them thru two wins at home assuming they beat Oakland on Sunday. After that, you never really know what will happen in the Super Bowl....your team could be getting their ass handed to them and then the power could go out for 45 minutes.

Your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a playoff bye = f:lolck:lold

johnsmith
12-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Your QB is Peyton Manning and you have a playoff bye = f:lolck:lold

Yeah, I know, but the offense has been so good this season I just can't see them falling flat again.

So yeah, still fucked, I know.

hehateme
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I like the way the Eagles are playing recently. I count them as the darkhorse similar to the Giants when they did their SB run in 2012. Also, no I don't think the Cowgirls beat them...sorry.

monosylab1k
12-26-2013, 05:40 PM
tbh i can see literally any playoff team making it to the Super Bowl, except for Denver.

monosylab1k
12-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Denver's just too flawed tbh.

-Peyton will choke
-Welker will choke
-Decker will choke
-Julius is talented but i don't see him handling the extra pressure well, he'll drop balls left and right
-Demaryus is clutch but lately looks like he's halfassing everything
-Knowshon is starting to fade
-Montee Ball is a fumble machine

Darth_Pelican
12-26-2013, 06:29 PM
2010 Steelers and 2011 Patriots?

Yes

MeloHype
12-26-2013, 06:37 PM
MeloHype (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=44189)
Panthers beat SF by 1point, No Vernon for the 2nd half, Crabtree & MM didn't play, cum was garbage in that game, only TD was on a retarded 24 yard run by Williams
Panthers beat NE thanks to the refs tbh
Panthers also got analy raped by the Saints

MeloHype
12-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Denver's just too flawed tbh.

-Peyton will choke
-Welker will choke
-Decker will choke
-Julius is talented but i don't see him handling the extra pressure well, he'll drop balls left and right
-Demaryus is clutch but lately looks like he's halfassing everything
-Knowshon is starting to fade
-Montee Ball is a fumble machine
-Defense sucks ass

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Panthers beat SF by 1point, No Vernon for the 2nd half, Crabtree & MM didn't play, cum was garbage in that game, only TD was on a retarded 24 yard run by Williams
Panthers beat NE thanks to the refs tbh
Panthers also got analy raped by the Saints

You sound like such a whiny bitch irl

":cry Panthers only one cause of this :cry"

well, we won. And we're gonna have a bye in a tough NFC. Sooner or later you're going to have to come to the conclusion that Carolina is legit. They've beaten top teams, and it's funny you mention Cam, because he led our team to the game winning drive in all three of those games.

theres a reason we are a favorite to win it all. Our te has progressively got better including breaking your heart in 30 seconds.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 07:22 PM
It's so pathetic how people say Carolina only won cause of the refs... Because an extra play would have been a guaranteed TD. Pathetic.

MeloHype
12-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Watch them lose this week week and drop to the 5th seed lmao

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 07:31 PM
It's so pathetic how people say Carolina only won cause of the refs... Because an extra play would have been a guaranteed TD. Pathetic.
An extra play at the 1 yd line, you mean?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 07:38 PM
An extra play at the 1 yd line, you mean?

Possibly. It could have been holding. But considering we've allowed, what, 4 touchdowns all year in the red zone and first in red zone defense in the league, plus were at home, it's safe to say I like our chances.

Raven
12-26-2013, 08:20 PM
still have no idea tbh, depends from injuries, but i'm still going with either pats, broncos, bengals, niners, seahawks. two very flawed defenses, two very flowed offenses and one balanced but still perhaps not ready. I'll take my pick next week.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I have a strong urge that we will beat Seattle in Seattle for the NFC Championship only to lose in the Super Bowl. That's my bold prediction for the playoffs..

Have a feeling we'll be rematching New England (rematch of the SB and the game).

TampaDude
12-26-2013, 11:32 PM
There has been a total of one #1 seed to reach the SB in the past 3 seasons, and they lost it. I don't think either of the #1 seeds this season strike fear into any of the other teams.

No #6 seed had ever won a Super Bowl until the Steelers did it. The past is just that, the past.

CenturyLink and Mile High confer too much of a home-field advantage in the playoffs, IMHO. But we'll see what happens.

Ghazi
12-27-2013, 01:27 AM
:lol Mono with no legitimate criticism of Denver

Ghazi
12-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Vegas says Niners have 3rd best odds of winning SB behind Seahawks and Broncos. :lol HarlemHeat

Ghazi
12-27-2013, 01:30 AM
As always, New England is the most overrated team on here

AchillesHeel
12-27-2013, 06:34 AM
As always, New England is the most overrated team on here

New England has the best coach & a healthy Tom Brady can beat anyone anywhere + if we win the last game and Denver somehow loses it, Denver would have to play @ New England in the playoffs, we all know how well Manning's done in our building.

Ghazi
12-27-2013, 07:20 PM
So basically you wanna judge a team based on hype and reputation rather than how they've looked on the field.

The Patriots could win it, but they aren't the favorites or even close.

Wiz
12-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Panthers will win the SB, everybody else sucks

DeadlyDynasty
12-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Anyone want a $250 bet that Seattle doesn't make the SB? I'll take the NFC field

spurraider21
12-27-2013, 07:41 PM
the pats need to find a way to get access to stadium cameras tbh. they'd be the odds on favorites

spurraider21
12-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone want a $250 bet that Seattle doesn't make the SB? I'll take the NFC field
the field is a good bet pretty much every year against any team

DeadlyDynasty
12-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Especially against game managers

DeadlyDynasty
12-27-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm for fractional points AND PPR staying 1 point. I don't think people realize how barren the RB field is...marginalizing them even more is bad news imo

DeadlyDynasty
12-27-2013, 07:49 PM
derp, wrong thread

monosylab1k
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
:lol Mono with no legitimate criticism of Denver

:lol Ghazi actin like he's an expert on shit when he loses more money on football bets than Avante.

johnsmith
12-28-2013, 05:07 AM
:lol Ghazi actin like he's an expert on shit when he loses more money on football bets than Avante.

Impossible