PDA

View Full Version : Deleted my Facebook account

lefty
12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
And it feels good.

Tbh, I checked FB like once every 2 months, so it's not like I needed it, but I still felt I had to delete my account.
(Sure, my data is gonna be on their servers anyway, but I don't gaf).

I don't care if your nephew pooped, if you went to Cancun or if you were in a fancy lounge for a drink an hour ago.

jeebus
12-26-2013, 04:15 PM
lefty pls :cry

Big Empty
12-26-2013, 04:17 PM
i got drunk an snapped a very rare selfie the other day. caught alot of shit about it lol love fb

FkLA
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Not all but the majority of people without a FB are niggas who have few friends and little to no social life.

Drachen
12-26-2013, 04:29 PM
LEFTY! How are you going to see what I'm about to EAT!? HOOOOWWWWWWWW?

DeadlyDynasty
12-26-2013, 04:30 PM
You have to keep it open or you appear socially awkward by today's standards.

lefty
12-26-2013, 04:40 PM
lefty pls :cry

No Jebes I'm gonzo :)

I had to deleted mine because I started calling people cuckolds n shit. Pissing a bunch of people off. The shit I've learned from ST.
:lmao

OR, Niggas that want a social life but all they have is FB.

THIS.

LEFTY! How are you going to see what I'm about to EAT!? HOOOOWWWWWWWW?

:cry shit

You have to keep it open or you appear socially awkward by today's standards.

:lol then I don't give a flying fuck what society thinks; if other people have low self-esteem, that's their problem, not mine

Thebesteva
12-26-2013, 04:41 PM
And it feels good.

Tbh, I checked FB like once every 2 months, so it's not like I needed it, but I still felt I had to delete my account.

I don't care if your nephew pooped, if you went to Cancun or if you were in a fancy lounge for a drink an hour ago.

FB kinda died off.

marini martini
12-26-2013, 04:43 PM
I had to deleted mine because I started calling people cuckolds n shit. Pissing a bunch of people off. The shit I've learned from ST. :tu like

Not all but the majority of people without a FB are niggas who have few friends and little to no social life. :tu like

OR, Niggas that want a social life but all they have is FB.. :tu like
Comment: :lmao

lefty
12-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh and I hate this : when you catch up with a friend you haven't seen in a while

- by the way, I tried to call you 2 weeks ago, but I kept getting your voicemail, it wasn't even ringing
- I was in Paris; you didn't know that?
- um, how was I supposed to know ? you didn't tell me
- duh! I posted it on Facebook

And that's how FB kills real life social interaction :lol

apalisoc_9
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Not all but the majority of people without a FB are niggas who have few friends and little to no social life.

This is somewhat true. I don't have FB and have no social life. :lol

I have a GF, I play ball with a few guys in the summer and hang out with a few guys every now and then, hang out on rare occasions with co-workers...

I don't know if i'd actually want to be in a social circle full of fake people...Got a girl, got soccer and basketball buddies..That's all I need.

chunticakes
12-26-2013, 04:59 PM
all fb is now is people posting stupid memes and shit.

FkLA
12-26-2013, 05:05 PM
It is true tbh. I didn't have one for the longest time for that reason. Small circle of friends plus spending ridiculous amounts of time on sites like ST...who want to make that public? Bet you if lefty had more friends and didn't spend most of his time on ST he'd still have a FB. I know I would've made one in my younger days if that was the case.

I still have a small circle of friends and a pretty inactive social life but I'm at a stage where FB is more about seeing what the family is up to rather than accumulating friends/impressing them tbh

m>s
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I had to deleted mine because I started calling people cuckolds n shit. Pissing a bunch of people off. The shit I've learned from ST.
:lmao

lefty
12-26-2013, 05:11 PM
It is true tbh. I didn't have one for the longest time for that reason. Small circle of friends plus spending ridiculous amounts of time on sites like ST...who want to make that public? Bet you if lefty had more friends and didn't spend most of his time on ST he'd still have a FB. I know I would've made one in my younger days if that was the case.

I still have a small circle of friends and a pretty inactive social life but I'm at a stage where FB is more about seeing what the family is up to rather than accumulating friends/impressing them tbh
FB is for those who don't have friends in real life and have low self

And you need FB to keepu up with family?

Now that's fucked up man

lefty
12-26-2013, 05:12 PM
This is somewhat true. I don't have FB and have no social life. :lol

I have a GF, I play ball with a few guys in the summer and hang out with a few guys every now and then, hang out on rare occasions with co-workers...

I don't know if i'd actually want to be in a social circle full of fake people...Got a girl, got soccer and basketball buddies..That's all I need.
well, then you DO have a social life

apalisoc_9
12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
well, then you DO have a social life

None of those guys are real friends though. They will call you because they need another guy in the team.

Not Including basketball, soccer and GF I go out like once every two months maybe...Sometimes I'd go on months without going out.

FkLA
12-26-2013, 05:19 PM
FB is for those who don't have friends in real life and have low self

And you need FB to keepu up with family?

Now that's fucked up man

lol no, some are like that and use FB to fill that void sure but I bet the percentage of people with a social life is much higher on FB than on ST. They spend hours a day posting with people they know, we do it with strangers on here.

I got fam all over Cali, Texas, Chicago and Mexico tbh. So it's not fucked up at all.

lefty
12-26-2013, 05:25 PM
None of those guys are real friends though. They will call you because they need another guy in the team.

Not Including basketball, soccer and GF I go out like once every two months maybe...Sometimes I'd go on months without going out.

Then maybe you don't need to know more people

If you are happy with your circle, you don't have to befriend new people (unless it comes naturally)

lol no, some are like that and use FB to fill that void sure but I bet the percentage of people with a social life is much higher on FB than on ST. They spend hours a day posting with people they know, we do it with strangers on here.

I got fam all over Cali, Texas, Chicago and Mexico tbh. So it's not fucked up at all.
True true

.G.
12-26-2013, 05:57 PM
After MySpace, which IMO was the beta version of fb, I saw no good reason to have a page. Plus, I have a lot to hide :rolleyes

But seriously, all I ever hear about fb is the drama it creates. Fuck that. But mostly I find it useless and annoying, you know, with people WANTING to let you what they're eating, where they're currently at, what fucking bible verse they just read, the "funny/cute/adorable" things their kids just said to them, etc...

I like to think my nigga Carlin was way ahead of his time on this subject, TBQMFH

"Don't you hate when people send you unsolicited pictures of their kids? What's that all about? It bothers me. I hate to keep throwing away perfectly good pictures."

"These are the same parents who at christmas time send you pictures of their children. Pictures you didn't ask for, and you DON'T want. But it is fun throwing the pictures away, ain't it? I don't even look at the christmas card. Who's this? 'Luanne is twelve this year.' FUCK Luanne! Like I give a shit how old she is. Does she have any tits yet? Send me a picture of Luanne's tits. Then I know I'll have a happy new year, too! Then, just to compound your holiday pleasure, they enclose a family newsletter. Just what you were hoping for, news about people you can barely fucking remember. 'We're so proud of Brad, he's been accepted in dental school.' Yeah, in the Philipines. After FOUR tries. Fuck Brad and everybody who looks like Brad. Judging from his picture, I think he's been jerking off too much. Keep him away from Luanne."

UZER
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Saying I dont FB has gotten some strange reactions from people. That look of disgust, pity and "you think your better than me" is hilarious. You would have thought I just said I don't have a dick.

lefty
12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
After MySpace, which IMO was the beta version of fb, I saw no good reason to have a page. Plus, I have a lot to hide :rolleyes

But seriously, all I ever hear about fb is the drama it creates. Fuck that. But mostly I find it useless and annoying, you know, with people WANTING to let you what they're eating, where they're currently at, what fucking bible verse they just read, the "funny/cute/adorable" things their kids just said to them, etc...

I like to think my nigga Carlin was way ahead of his time on this subject, TBQMFH

"Don't you hate when people send you unsolicited pictures of their kids? What's that all about? It bothers me. I hate to keep throwing away perfectly good pictures."

"These are the same parents who at christmas time send you pictures of their children. Pictures you didn't ask for, and you DON'T want. But it is fun throwing the pictures away, ain't it? I don't even look at the christmas card. Who's this? 'Luanne is twelve this year.' FUCK Luanne! Like I give a shit how old she is. Does she have any tits yet? Send me a picture of Luanne's tits. Then I know I'll have a happy new year, too! Then, just to compound your holiday pleasure, they enclose a family newsletter. Just what you were hoping for, news about people you can barely fucking remember. 'We're so proud of Brad, he's been accepted in dental school.' Yeah, in the Philipines. After FOUR tries. Fuck Brad and everybody who looks like Brad. Judging from his picture, I think he's been jerking off too much. Keep him away from Luanne."

froof bombs

Saying I dont FB has gotten some strange reactions from people. That look of disgust, pity and "you think your better than me" is hilarious. You would have thought I just said I don't have a dick.
This tbh :lol; they react like that because you just kicked them in the nuts; they are thinking " his life must be awesome and he is not insecure, if he doesnt need to post on FB "

It's like people always post the good stuff that happens to them

A. Ok it may be good news, but you sugar coat the whole thing (like the 4tries to get in a fucking 3rd world country dental school)

B. Your life may not be as glamorous as you claim it to be; actually your life is shit, and you think that posting pictures of you in Cancun or in faggot Lounge with 2 hot girls you will never fuck will make us think your life is awesome

C. Your life is actually good, but you are so fucking insecure you have to let other people know about it

Reck
12-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Deleted facebook years ago.

Created one and used it like maybe 5 times throughout a 3 year span. I kept getting friend requests from uncle Jacks and Deona's.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-26-2013, 07:50 PM
lol no, some are like that and use FB to fill that void sure but I bet the percentage of people with a social life is much higher on FB than on ST. They spend hours a day posting with people they know, we do it with strangers on here.I got fam all over Cali, Texas, Chicago and Mexico tbh. So it's not fucked up at all.Face spooks news feed has to be good for keeping up with them ICE checkpoints tbh

Rogue
12-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Our goddess never has a facebook or twitter account either tbh.

CuckingFunt
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
As has always been the case, Facebook is what you make of it.

I have an account and I find it incredibly convenient. It doesn't have my real name attached, so I'm not getting tons of friend requests from people I barely know. And I've only ever had about 50-60 friends at the most, all of whom are people I actually know and care about and/or are family. I've never had to deal with any of the drama or annoying posts or any of the shit everyone else complains about.

m>s
12-26-2013, 09:12 PM
^60 people don't care about you though

lefty
12-26-2013, 09:29 PM

I have an account and I find it incredibly convenient. It doesn't have my real name attached, so I'm not getting tons of friend requests from people I barely know. And I've only ever had about 50-60 friends at the most, all of whom are people I actually know and care about and/or are family. I've never had to deal with any of the drama or annoying posts or any of the shit everyone else complains about.

Well if there is one area where FB has been useful for me, it's the possibility to find friends I haven't seen in looooong time.

I lived in different countries (my dad was a diplomat) so I've met people from different places and FB has helped me to reconnect with them.

I have their new phones numbers /emails/ Whatsapp - Viber accounts now, so I don't need FB anymore if I want to contact them.

Holden_Caulfield
12-26-2013, 11:15 PM
if you have fb but never use it does it make a sound?

DMC
12-26-2013, 11:22 PM
i got drunk an snapped a very rare selfie the other day. caught alot of shit about it lol love fb

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/bigfandediaverde/Photography/IMG_1093.jpg

This it?

mrsmaalox
12-27-2013, 01:40 AM
all fb is now is people posting stupid memes and shit.

And it's boring as shit.

AchillesHeel
12-27-2013, 02:06 AM
used facebook for 2 years and also recently deleted it, I feel a lot better about myself, tbh. I got tired of all the people I rarely know adding me, people tagging me on stupid party pics we took drunk and all the random relatives PMing me every week asking how I'm doing, cousins sending pics and what not.

It was fun at first, I hit up different chicks and arranged dates, then I realized I could just do that shit in real life from face to face, like the good ol' days. Facebook will die out soon anyways.

Venti Quattro
12-27-2013, 03:46 AM
And it feels good.

Let's get to the truth here, lefty. Did you mistakenly post a selfie of your terrorist activities on Facebook?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Rogue
12-27-2013, 08:15 AM
facebook will die out eventually, but not before its owner has already made millions of bucks running that shit tbh.

m>s
12-27-2013, 09:52 AM
facebook will die out eventually, but not before its owner has already made billions of bucks running that shit tbh.
Fixed that for you brah

Reck
12-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Dudes, that zuckerberg guy already has his billions along with the co-founder who has nothing to do with the current site.

These type of sites will never go away imo. A new one always replaces the other, just ask Tom, if you can find him. :lol

J.T.
12-27-2013, 07:07 PM

I do Facebook the same way. Use an alias, only have family and people I definitely consider friends, not people I have to associate with sometimes. My mind can keep up with attaching names to faces, but just because I can remember your name doesn't mean I'm your friend.

The other day my cousin's wife spoiled a character death in Walking Dead. I work a ton now so when I watch TV shows, it's usually in eight or nine episode marathons on a weekend that I conveniently don't have something to do. Right now it's football season so my weekends are booked. Anyhow, I don't take kindly to being spoiled. In return I posted a short but detailed description of the ending to Breaking Bad on her wall with full knowledge that she was on Season 2. Her response was I shouldn't have looked at my news feed if I hadn't watched the episodes yet. My response was that kids who get shot at school shootings shouldn't have gone to school that day. She didn't agree with that, and I said "Kind of my point."

lefty
12-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I do Facebook the same way. Use an alias, only have family and people I definitely consider friends, not people I have to associate with sometimes. My mind can keep up with attaching names to faces, but just because I can remember your name doesn't mean I'm your friend.

The other day my cousin's wife spoiled a character death in Walking Dead. I work a ton now so when I watch TV shows, it's usually in eight or nine episode marathons on a weekend that I conveniently don't have something to do. Right now it's football season so my weekends are booked. Anyhow, I don't take kindly to being spoiled. In return I posted a short but detailed description of the ending to Breaking Bad on her wall with full knowledge that she was on Season 2. Her response was I shouldn't have looked at my news feed if I hadn't watched the episodes yet. My response was that kids who get shot at school shootings shouldn't have gone to school that day. She didn't agree with that, and I said "Kind of my point."
:lol tv rage

lefty
12-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Let's get to the truth here, lefty. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20689) Did you mistakenly post a selfie of your terrorist activities on Facebook?
lol

lefty
12-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Our goddess never has a facebook or twitter account either tbh.
Respect imo

Spurs9
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
I deleted mine early last year, total waste of time