PDA

View Full Version : Blair: "Spurs don't like fast-paced games"

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-27-2013, 01:42 PM
This is a little out of context, but it was Blair discussing the Spurs before the game last night, saying the recipe for beating the Spurs.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/health-concerns-at-center-make-blairs-first-game-vs-spurs-even-bigger.html/

DeJuan Blair has had this game circled since the NBA schedule came out in the summer and he signed with the Dallas Mavericks as a free agent.

The San Antonio Spurs, who drafted him, used him wisely early in his career, helped Blair become a solid NBA player and then discarded him unceremoniously last season, are in town and Blair is stoked about it.

And he knows how to play against the defending Western Conference champions.

“It’s going to be a fun game,” he said. “It’s something I’ve really looked forward to, of course. We’ll have some fun tonight. They’re typical Spurs, playing their game. We just got to play fast-paced against them. They don’t like that.”

Blair should know. He learned the Spurs’ way of doing things well. Now it’s time for him to perhaps show his former team what they let get away.

And Blair likely will get plenty of run tonight. Samuel Dalembert and Brandan Wright both missed shootaround Thursday morning with illnesses.

“It’s where he started his career at,” Shawn Marion said of Blair. “I’m pretty sure he’s going to want some revenge, to a certain degree. He’s going to have a chip on his shoulder and that’s good. He’s a handful.”

Coach Rick Carlisle said it’s unclear whether Wright and/or Dalembert will be available tonight. But he’s not concerned about how that will impact Blair. Nor does he worry about Blair being too aggressive and making the situation a personal one.

“I think there’s such a premium on hard, aggressive play, we need him to play his game,” Carlisle said. “I see him playing hard all the time anyway, so I don’t see a big issue there. And plus, we’ll have to see who shows up. One or both may be available or one or both may not be. Either way, DeJuan’s going to be in the mix somewhere.

“We got to put other guys in there and we just got to make it work. We’ve been missing guys all year here and there. This is one of the reasons you have a deep roster, so you can plug other guys in. DeJuan is in the mix and Sarge (Bernard James) potentially is in the mix. So we’ll go from there and see what’s what come game time.”

Any thoughts on the claim? Do you think we tend to play less aggressive or differently when playing teams that can push the ball down the court?

look_at_g_shred
12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
i think we are pretty adept at playing any style. That's what makes us a great team.

rjv
12-27-2013, 02:24 PM
that's because we had a fat a** center named dejuan who couldn't keep up with the faster pace

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
12-27-2013, 02:26 PM
that's because we had a fat a** center named dejuan who couldn't keep up with the faster pace
:lol

exstatic
12-27-2013, 02:30 PM
We beat GS in the playoffs. They play pretty fast.

TheGoldStandard
12-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Speed doesnt hurt the Spurs length does

exstatic
12-27-2013, 03:46 PM

We beat MEM in the playoffs. They're pretty long.

Aremid
12-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Length + speed = athleticism

Ok shitty / portopotty/ clips / rockettes = athleticism + individual talent

TheyCallMePro
12-27-2013, 04:15 PM
You've gotta be kidding me OP. Don't you know the Spurs motto is "Pound the Rock?" Popovich screams it practically every game. Don't you see him waving his hands forward constantly saying "GO, GO, GO MOVE THE BALL TONY!"

We are a fast paced team. We don't take bad shots, but we absolutely push the tempo. Have since 2008.

BatManu20
12-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Spurs can play fast. We have trouble with athleticism unfotrunately.

mathbzh
12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
You've gotta be kidding me OP. Don't you know the Spurs motto is "Pound the Rock?" Popovich screams it practically every game. Don't you see him waving his hands forward constantly saying "GO, GO, GO MOVE THE BALL TONY!"

We are a fast paced team. We don't take bad shots, but we absolutely push the tempo. Have since 2008.

Iirc, before 2008 we were one of teams that could run with Phoenix

Spurs da champs
12-27-2013, 05:01 PM
We beat GS in the playoffs. They play pretty fast.
Spurs can't hang with the Thunder, their speed/athleticism is most troubling to the Spurs.

widowmaker
12-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Blair doesn't like to pay his jewelry debts.

PlayNando
12-27-2013, 05:32 PM
The Spurs play fast-paced and have for years, tbh (at least since 2010). Not sure what this wanker is smoking, tbh!!!

LoneStarState'sPride
12-27-2013, 06:30 PM
We got rid of DeJuan cuz that nig couldn't keep up with the faster pace, tbh.

PlayNando
12-27-2013, 06:32 PM
We got rid of DeJuan cuz that nig couldn't keep up with the faster pace, tbh.
He is morbidly obese. A lot of Americans are fat, tbh. It's an obese country because you wankers suck down your fkn cheeseburgers, Mountain Dews, and milkshakes like a bunch of slobs, per par, and you never exercise and drive your big ass gas guzzling cars everywhere!!!!!!!

LoneStarState'sPride
12-27-2013, 06:37 PM
He is morbidly obese. A lot of Americans are fat, tbh. It's an obese country because you wankers suck down your fkn cheeseburgers, Mountain Dews, and milkshakes like a bunch of slobs, per par, and you never exercise and drive your big ass gas guzzling cars everywhere!!!!!!!

There there, settle down, now :lol

T Park
12-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Fucking right we do. Don't like it? Get fucked.

PlayNando
12-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Fucking right we do. Don't like it? Get fucked.
Did I also mention that American gringos get easily offended?

PlayNando
12-27-2013, 06:45 PM
They can't handle the truth. :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
12-27-2013, 06:50 PM
They can't handle the truth. :lol

We get it, you hate America. Are you done or are you gonna cry about it some more like a little bitch? :lol