PDA

View Full Version : Looking at these numbers...Do you guys think this player should've made the probowl?

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Qb rating 97.0, 3800 yds, 64% cmp, 31 tds, 10 int's etc etc...

I sure hope this player got some consideration atleast ,tbh he had a damn good year.. a better year than some of the game managing qb's that got in this year tbh.

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 06:43 PM
no romo should not have made the pro bowl

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2013, 06:44 PM
why not

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 06:49 PM
because Newton, Wilson, and Brees have had better seasons

blah blah blah
12-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Not surprised considering the NFL's leader in QB rating this season (140.2) was left off the roster

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 06:52 PM

/thread

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2013, 06:55 PM

looking at the numbers romo had a better year than that MB'er. Remember it's a individual award.

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 07:00 PM
looking at the numbers romo had a better year than that MB'er. Remember it's a individual award.
If it was a purely statistical selection, there would be an algorithm to decide pro bowlers for us at every position. Romo has not been as good as Brees, Foles, Wilson, Newton this year.

HarlemHeat37
12-28-2013, 07:18 PM
There's absolutely no argument that Cam Newton has been better than Romo, tbh:lol..

Cam Newton's passing numbers are embarrassing, one of the worst Pro Bowl selections of my lifetime..

Bill_Brasky
12-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Dudes hurt anyway plus he'd rather audible to the golf course.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2013, 07:19 PM
If it was a purely statistical selection, there would be an algorithm to decide pro bowlers for us at every position. Romo has not been as good as Brees, Foles, Wilson, Newton this year.

nah no way newton played better than romo. romo had to carry the 2nd worst defense in the history of the nfl while having the responsibility of an elite qb (thowing it 38 times a game reading defenses) and he still somehow got them a winning record. :lol scam on the other hand put up numbers identical to alex smith. dude got carried by an elite defense

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 07:23 PM
There's absolutely no argument that Cam Newton has been better than Romo, tbh:lol..

Cam Newton's passing numbers are embarrassing, one of the worst Pro Bowl selections of my lifetime..

:lmao

How about the fact that when he's scoring game-winning drives, Romo is throwing a pick?
Or the fact that Cam led them to a playoff appearance. When did Romo last make the playoffs?

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 07:24 PM
nah no way newton played better than romo. romo had to carry the 2nd worst defense in the history of the nfl while having the responsibility of an elite qb (thowing it 38 times a game reading defenses) and he still somehow got them a winning record. :lol scam on the other hand put up numbers identical to alex smith. dude got carried by an elite defense
Cam came up big in a lot of their big games. You clearly didn't watch many of them. When he played a great game against the Patriots, I still remember you came on and said he didn't play that well and he "mostly threw hitches and slants and let his receivers do the work." You don't watch the games. You read box scores. Romo had some big games, but he also had some typical choke moments, most recently against Green Bay. You talk about his numbers. He put up HUGE numbers and played a monster game against Denver. How did that game end? Oh he threw a pick in field goal range and Denver won the game.

HarlemHeat37
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Panthers are 15th in OSRS and 1st in DSRS:lol..

So, being the QB of an average offense on a team with the #1 defense in the league is "leading a team to the playoffs"?..:lol..

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
HH brings some of the best takes on ST, in the NFL, NBA, and Spurs forums, but he also has a tendency to exaggerate. Seemingly everything is "one of the best" or "one of the worst" of his lifetime. Cam's passing numbers aren't elite by any stretch of the imagination. He has come up big in big moments though. Before this season started there were people on this forum calling Flacco elite. Flacco never had huge numbers, but he has earned a reputation of coming up big in the big moments. Cam came up big against the Saints (the home game, of course), the Patriots, and the Niners.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
:lol romo had 3 GW drives this year. again newton put up numbers identical to alex smith, theirs no way that chimp had a better year than romo (and the numbers support that)

Clipper Nation
12-28-2013, 07:30 PM
"Coming up big in big games" is one tiny component of an entire statistical case for Pro Bowl contention.... sure, Cum has managed the game to some comeback wins, but the rest of his resume isn't impressive enough for the Pro Bowl, imho....

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
If Romo made it over Cam, I wouldn't be outraged or anything. QB is the position most tied to team success (fairly or unfairly). When a team loses, we always say "LOL [insert QB]" and when they win, we praise the QB. You can call it an individual award, but many people judge qb play by wins and losses. Andrew Luck has put up very pedestrian numbers this season, but SpursTalk still tosses his salad (srsly, look at the posts on the playoff qb rankings :lol) because he has led his team to wins. While I don't think a QB being reliant on the run like Cam is a good sign for a long term qb prospect, it also shouldn't take away from the accomplishments he has had this season.

Just like how we all knew Tebow's style of play wasn't going to last very long, it didn't take away from the miraculous run he had. Cam has had a better season than many of us thought, and he has his team rolling. Like Seattle, they don't have a great receiving core, but have a great defense. That doesn't take away from the level of play we have seen

Clipper Nation
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
But his "level of play" isn't significantly better than quarterbacks who didn't get invited, tbh :lol

It's funny how the people against Cum's invite have stats whereas all Cum's supporters have is platitudes :lol

Holden_Caulfield
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
:lmao

How about the fact that when he's scoring game-winning drives, Romo is throwing a pick?
Or the fact that Tebow led them to a playoff appearance and a win. When did Romo last make the playoffs?
Fixed

DeadlyDynasty
12-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Team success shouldn't be disregarded...Cam and Russ made the best of a great situation and should be rewarded for it

chunticakes
12-28-2013, 10:07 PM
what would cum's numbers be if he was in dallas? what about romo if he was in carolina?

i would much rather have romo than cum newton. and i'm not even a romo fan.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
what would cum's numbers be if he was in dallas? what about romo if he was in carolina?

nah i like when my quarterback throws to the right team in clutch time.

i'd love for cam to have a top 3 WR in the league tho... that way he can actually afford to throw poorly thrown passes and still get receptions

BUMP
12-29-2013, 02:01 AM

this, and i dont even see how you can argue newton>romo.

One of them has the second best defense in the NFL while the other has the worst defense arguably of all time

spurraider21
12-29-2013, 02:30 AM

sure, but who has had a better season?

Raven
12-29-2013, 03:55 AM
tbh i wouldn't mind if Foles would be the MVP, it probably should go to Peyton, but Foles has done an even more remarkable job with a shitty team and coach that was going to be fired by mid-season. Not to be a probowler for Cum is simply funny coz it's sad.

AchillesHeel
12-29-2013, 04:54 AM
Romo is out for months, Pro Bowl is in January...dumb fucking OP