PDA

View Full Version : De Colo and Thomas assigned to Toros ( Dec 29)

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Game time Sunday is 3PM CST.

shu7QVDpQHA

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
For those who need official confirmation:

Spurs Assign De Colo and Thomas to Austin

December 29, 2013
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have assigned guard Nando De Colo and forward Malcolm Thomas to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League.

This will mark De Colo’s fourth assignment to the Toros this season. In three games in Austin, he has averaged 30.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, 7.7 assists and 4.33 steals in 38.0 minutes. He has appeared in 11 games this season for the Spurs, averaging 1.8 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 7.3 minutes.

The assignment will mark Thomas’ third stint in Austin this season. In three games with the Toros, Thomas has averaged 20.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 4.33 blocks in 37.3 minutes.

Both players will be available Sunday afternoon when the Toros host the Tulsa 66ers at 3 p.m. inside the Cedar Park Center.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/131229_decolo_thomas_toros

TheyCallMePro
12-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks man. I'm watching now.

TheyCallMePro
12-29-2013, 05:45 PM
First time watching a D-League game on Youtube. Noticed some things...

1) The video constantly freezes. No matter what quality it's on.

2) They play live 15 second advertisements...during the game...

3) Commercials AND Media Timeouts. Seriously?

4) Selfish play. These guys are all out for themselves. Not playing the Spurs system at all.

5) Graveyard atmosphere. No one (even the players themselves) seem to really care what the score is.

You can't tell me that playing in these games helps 'develop' anybody. No wonder the Spurs have never given a call-up from the Toros significant minutes. De Colo is just shaking his head at his teammates selfish play and stupidity. I'm not a De Colo fan, but it's ridiculous for him to be playing in the D-League. It's just a waste of energy. Watching an NBA game from the bench would help him 100x more than this garbage. Same with Thomas. Get them out of there or get rid of them. They're just wasting their time playing in these games.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
lol Youtube problems

I don't know if Thomas is sick or what. Hasn't played in the second half.

exstatic
12-29-2013, 05:59 PM
First time watching a D-League game on Youtube. Noticed some things...

1) The video constantly freezes. No matter what quality it's on.

2) They play live 15 second advertisements...during the game...

3) Commercials AND Media Timeouts. Seriously?

4) Selfish play. These guys are all out for themselves. Not playing the Spurs system at all.

5) Graveyard atmosphere. No one (even the players themselves) seem to really care what the score is.

You can't tell me that playing in these games helps 'develop' anybody. No wonder the Spurs have never given a call-up from the Toros significant minutes. De Colo is just shaking his head at his teammates selfish play and stupidity. I'm not a De Colo fan, but it's ridiculous for him to be playing in the D-League. It's just a waste of energy. Watching an NBA game from the bench would help him 100x more than this garbage. Same with Thomas. Get them out of there or get rid of them. They're just wasting their time playing in these games.

You need game action for your conditioning, and that's a fact. Sean harps on it over and over when players come back from injury. I think Ill take his opinion a little more seriously than yours, being an ex player and all.

TheyCallMePro
12-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Being an ex-player...yeah right.

Practicing with the Spurs is 100 million times more valuable than playing with the Toros.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Being an ex-player...yeah right.

Practicing with the Spurs is 100 million times more valuable than playing with the Toros.There is no practice today.

lol 100 million

HI-FI
12-29-2013, 06:03 PM
how has Kabongo been looking throughout season? any promise with him?

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 06:05 PM
how has Kabongo been looking throughout season? any promise with him?He's been injured, as has most of the team. He's got potential but is another canuck Longhorn point guard who should have stayed in school.

TheyCallMePro
12-29-2013, 06:06 PM
He's looked good with the Toros. But I watched every game he played with Texas. He was extremely erratic. He played WAY too fast and turned the ball over constantly. And he can't shoot worth a damn.

But still. It's kinda ridiculous he's not with an NBA team. He has a ton of raw talent and potential. He just made a horrible decision to leave Texas early. The D-League is a graveyard. He might never get a chance in the NBA now.

HI-FI
12-29-2013, 06:07 PM
He's been injured, as has most of the team. He's got potential but is another canuck Longhorn point guard who should have stayed in school.
He's clearly got the potential. Any word on his work ethic though or you think Spurs can polish him into something special? He seems to have a lot more upside than CoJo imo.

Chomag
12-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Did Thomas get injured? I starting watching around the 3rd but havnt seen him. I heard the announcers saying they are waiting for an update on him.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 06:11 PM
He's clearly got the potential. Any word on his work ethic though or you think Spurs can polish him into something special? He seems to have a lot more upside than CoJo imo.Hasn't played enough to really get a feel and haven't heard anything. Already shooting great though and nicely athletic.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2013, 06:13 PM
thomas get injured? I starting watching around the 3rd but havnt seen him.I don't think they would try a Coby Karl stunt having him play for both the Toros and Spurs in a day. Might be sick. Didn't look really into it like other games though he got three uncredited blocks.

HI-FI
12-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Hasn't played enough to really get a feel and haven't heard anything. Already shooting great though and nicely athletic.

good stuff. Hopefully Spurs can develop the raw talent out of UT that doesn't get developed properly there per the par.

Chomag
12-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Nado would be a pretty decent player if he just had more speed I think. Sadly thats not something that can be learned.

PlayNando
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Nando = GOAT in the D-League, tbh. :tu