PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher in critical condition

Reck
12-29-2013, 06:16 PM
In a Skiing acident. Currently in a coma now.

:wow

Its amazing how all these accidents happen outside of what they do for a living. Hope he comes through.

lefty
12-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Shit :wow

Did he put on the wrong tires ?

AchillesHeel
12-29-2013, 07:24 PM
damn, I was a big fan of his during the Ferrari days, hope for the best

Jodelo
12-29-2013, 09:08 PM
He has a (major) head trauma. Hit a rock with his head...

Surgery right now!

Press conference at 11am (CET) tomorrow/today. Homepage crashed, twitter all over it!

lefty
12-29-2013, 09:30 PM
man ........

lefty
12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Actually met the guy here in Montreal during the GP weekend

Nice dude tbh

Reck
12-29-2013, 09:44 PM
man ........

Now will you apologize for the insentive comments about the wrong tire?

I know you're raw man but c'mon.

Venti Quattro
12-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Shit :wow

Did he put on the wrong tires ?

Was using hard-compound tires on a slippery track :lmao

Biernutz
12-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Was using hard-compound tires on a slippery track :lmao

Not funny ..he was sking with his 14 year old son when this happened. It's possible
he wont recover from this. He was not a big asshole that everyone hated.

lefty
12-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Actually met the guy here in Montreal during the GP weekend

Nice dude tbh

He was not a big asshole that everyone hated.

Jodelo
12-30-2013, 08:22 AM
So, he had surgery a second time in the night and without a helmet he would be dead, doctors said. Now he is in a artificial coma.

Doctors have no idea how it will go on and future brain damage is a possibility.

Jodelo
12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Boy, even his helmet broke...

Does not look good i'm afraid. :depressed

Reck
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Boy, even his helmet broke...

Does not look good i'm afraid. :depressed

Jesus, just how fast and at what angle did he hit the rock or whatever it was?

Jodelo
12-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Jesus, just how fast and at what angle did he hit the rock or whatever it was?

Don't know, tbh. Nothing new known so far, still coma and no clue if he survives it. 50/50 or worse i assume. VERY critial they say. Without the helmet he would have been dead right away ...

New infos will come tomorrow morning from the doctors. He was skiing on an unprepared court.

Biernutz
12-31-2013, 02:35 AM
Nothing new on the condition of Michael. Here is a link that a doctor explains the operation
and his condition. It's a good read......
http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/formula-1/f1-former-f1-doc-speaks-specifics-on-schumacher-injury/

Jodelo
12-31-2013, 08:14 AM
There was a 2nd surgery and it looks better they said. Every hour they can get is a success.

But it's still critical!
Shadowflames: He wasn't that quick underway as he was helping a friend, than made a turn to continue and hit a rock.

Reck
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM
There was a 2nd surgery and it looks better they said. Every hour they can get is a success.

But it's still critical!
Shadowflames (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412): He wasn't that quick underway as he was helping a friend, than made a turn to continue and hit a rock.

Thanks for the update Jodelo.

Glad he's at least improving to get better.

Jodelo
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the update Jodelo.

Glad he's at least improving to get better.

Next press conference tomorrow! Else, really nothing new today!

Biernutz
01-01-2014, 12:28 AM
From the people are really sick file.......
Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm said that one journalist dressed as a priest tried to sneak into the operating room and Schumachers room.............There were some folks wise to what he was doing and he was thrown out of the hospital.
Sick......

Jodelo
01-01-2014, 07:18 AM
His condition is stable they say. Still not safe but it looks better!

Biernutz
01-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Michael Schumacher remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital in Grenoble following his skiing accident in France, his manager reported on Wednesday. "Michael's condition has been carefully supervised all night and has remained stable this morning," said Sabine Kehm.

"For the moment, the good news for today is that we will not hold a press conference because there are no significant changes. Still, the condition overall is critical."

Biernutz
01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Schumacher's condition has remained stable since Tuesday after spending a fourth night in a coma in hospital, with no update planned from doctors or his management on Thursday.

Biernutz
01-02-2014, 12:26 PM
There is no new update today on Schumachers condition...still critical but stable

Biernutz
01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Nothing new to report on Friday morning. Still critical but stable............
a neurosurgeon with the case said he could be in a coma for weeks or months.

lefty
01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Any update on the other million people who are fighting death?

Oh right they are not famous

Reck
01-03-2014, 06:57 PM

A few hundred thousand of people are invested on this guy's future. Cant say that for most of the average joes you meet.

This guy is basically a walking ATM.

Biernutz
01-03-2014, 07:33 PM

This is a sports thread....why don't you take that to the Politics thread you will get more run there.

lefty
01-03-2014, 08:03 PM
This is a sports thread....why don't you take that to the Politics thread you will get more run there.
so, was it good?

Biernutz
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM
so, was it good?

Why so negative tonight ? It's the weekend!

lefty
01-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Why so negative tonight ? It's the weekend!
yes !!!!

Jodelo
01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
He no longer is in mortal danger/danger of life (whatever it is called)...

mudyez
01-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Never really liked him (while most successfull F1-drivers are not the nicest people), but I hope he will be well soon.

jeebus
01-06-2014, 06:48 PM
:lol

Biernutz
01-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Michael is now listed as stable critical condition. One of the things the police wanted
to look at was his helmet cam. If they release the footage of his crash video to see
what happened. They have GO PRO type cameras that mount on ski helmets. I would bet he
was filming his 14 year old son he was skiing with when he had his accident.

Reck
01-16-2014, 12:09 AM
They're saying that the damage to his brain is far more grievous than they have thought possible and that eternal coma is a high posibility for him.

Wow, that's pretty grim.

Biernutz
01-16-2014, 12:46 AM
They're saying that the damage to his brain is far more grievous than they have thought possible and that eternal coma is a high posibility for him.

Wow, that's pretty grim.

That outlook is the worse than any family could hear. It's just sad that all the years of racing and all the risks he
took as a driver to have a accident like this. It sounds like no recovery and to be in a vegetable state the rest of
his life. I feel so sorry for his family and his 14 year old son he was skiing with.

Biernutz
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Reports is the doctors are starting to bring Schumacher out of the induce coma. The sedation is being reduced to
allow the start of the waking up process which could be a long term. The doctors will be to judge what level of
functions has been retained.

Biernutz
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Reports in the German media is that Schumacher is out of the coma but is not
responding to deliberate stimulation.His wife and son are by his bedside talking to him
hoping he can hear them...

lefty
02-15-2014, 07:16 PM
wow that sucks

Get better Schumi

I still have a pic I took of his Ferrari flying by in front us during one of the Canadian Grand Prix

Reck
02-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Really sad.

Either way he'll never be the same man.

Biernutz
02-18-2014, 02:02 AM
The investigation into Schumacher death brought out some details as to what happened. Michel was following his
his son , skiing down the hill with a go pro camera mounted to his helmet.When he fell and hit his head the helmet
broke in two right where the camera was mounted. It is thought how he mounted the camera comprised the
helmet and it failed to protect him when it broke into half.

Reck
02-18-2014, 07:08 PM
The investigation into Schumacher death brought out some details as to what happened. Michel was following his
his son , skiing down the hill with a go pro camera mounted to his helmet.When he fell and hit his head the helmet
broke in two right where the camera was mounted. It is thought how he mounted the camera comprised the
helmet and it failed to protect him when it broke into half.

WTF he's dead? No way man. Stop scaring me like that.

Biernutz
02-18-2014, 09:32 PM
WTF he's dead? No way man. Stop scaring me like that.

*NO HE IS NOT DEAD! * My twitter has hacked,my e-mail was hacked, it's not my fault, I was not drinking................

Biernutz
03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Nothing has changed in the condition Schumacher. A family spokesperson said he is still in the
wake up phase of the induced coma but media reports say he is not responding to stimi.

Biernutz
03-26-2014, 03:29 PM
I read a story yesterday about the coma that he is still in. Two doctors connected to the F1 world
championship said mistakes were made in his treatment but they didn't want to go into it. They now
say he should be removed from intensive care bed, a put into a long term facility for persons in
a coma. This could also be his home or a facility . They said it would take a miracle for him to
come out of the coma and his condition probably would not be good if he did. The doctors also said his stay in
the intensive care ward is taking away a bed from someone it would help. This sounds cold but it is the truth.
The outlook for any type of recovery for Michael is grim.

Biernutz
03-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Schumachers wife is building a 10 million dollar hospital suite at their home for
when he is released from the hospital. The family has been told it is unlikely he
will wake again. The family refuses to give up despite the grim outlook.
This will stop the family from making the 150 mile daily round trip to the hospital.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 10:29 PM
why is the hospital evicting him?

if his staying in a private hospital and paying the fees, then they have no business evicting him

even wht public hospital, with all the taxes he has paid over the years is sufficient enough to allow him to stay in there....

Biernutz
03-31-2014, 11:42 PM
why is the hospital evicting him?

if his staying in a private hospital and paying the fees, then they have no business evicting him

even wht public hospital, with all the taxes he has paid over the years is sufficient enough to allow him to stay in there....

They said he has stabilized but he is in a coma. He is in the ICU of a trauma hospital where they
bring emergency cases like his was . When they stabilize you and your life is not in danger they move you out.
Unfortunately Michael is in a vegetable state and his wife who travels 150 miles round trip per day to see
him, wanted him at their house. She has committed the money to build the facility and has the money to do it.
He has already loss 25% of his body weight. He will probably live out what's left of his life there.

Biernutz
06-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Finally some good news. Michael is out of the ICU and transferred to a hospital near his home. The statement said
he is out of the coma but that's all. Still a long road to go.......

Biernutz
06-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Schumacher's medical records have reportedly been stolen. His manger said that notes and files
were stolen and if anyone tries to publish them they will sue if they are the real medical records...