PDA

View Full Version : New Study Confirms that Breed Not a Factor in Dog Bite Related Fatalities

benefactor
12-29-2013, 07:17 PM
The authors of the new JAVMA paper reported that the breed(s) of the dog or dogs could not be reliably identified in more than 80% of cases. News accounts disagreed with each other and/or with animal control reports in a significant number of incidents, casting doubt on the reliability of breed attributions and more generally for using media reports as a primary source of data for scientific studies. In only 45 (18%) of the cases in this study could these researchers make a valid determination that the animal was a member of a distinct, recognized breed. Twenty different breeds, along with two known mixes, were identified in connection with those 45 incidents.
http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/blog/potentially-preventable-husbandry-factors-co-occur-in-most-dog-bite-related-fatalities/

:lol weekly pit bull mauling
:lol believing the media

FkLA
12-29-2013, 11:22 PM
shitty thread tbh

Katherine Robinson
12-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Pitbulls should be exterminated.

Rogue
12-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Well, that's like saying race is not a factor in one's success rate in academics tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2013, 11:56 PM
the only fkn morons i see owning pitbulls are clowns who usually get jump, or thugs...those are the 2 common idiots who would own a pit

Thread
12-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Here's a recent story from the local area here:::

By Jackee CoeThe Republic | azcentral.comSun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 PM
The former mayor of Bullhead City was hospitalized and her husband died after the couple was attacked by their pet dogs, according to the current mayor.
Former Mayor Diane Vick and her husband Tom tried to intervene after one of their larger dogs attacked one of their smaller dogs, but the dogs turned on them and attacked them, Mayor Jack Hakim said. They were flown to a hospital in Las Vegas.
Tom Vick, who taught social studies at Mohave High School, died of his injuries Sunday morning, he said. Diane Vick “was pretty well beat up,” but Hakim didn’t believe her injuries were critical.
Hakim said the incident was “pretty devastating.”
“We’ve had dog bites before but never something like this,” he said. “It’s very sad for us in Bullhead City. She was former mayor and he was a prominent high school teacher at Mohave High School. ... We’re just grateful that at least one of them was able to survive.”
The Bullhead City Police Department was expected to release more information Sunday.

Rogue
12-30-2013, 12:03 AM
That's so sad... sometimes people just tend to forget or even ignore the fact that their pets are still animals at a very basic level. If I ever wanna have some pets I'd choose nothing outside fishes and turtles tbh, they're quiet, nice and they eat less.

thunderup
12-30-2013, 12:19 AM
It's only fitting an inbred faggot like the OP would continue to defend his dumb as shit faggot breed of dogs.

benefactor
12-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Don't have to defend anything tbh. The facts speak for themselves. And it's not just pits...its Rottweilers, Dobermans and any other dog that is ostracized because of reputation.

TDMVPDPOY
12-30-2013, 12:58 AM
down here they have laws against aggressive dogs, ur just a walking time bomb and cash cow waiting to happen by opportunist willing to be mauled by a dog...

Bill_Brasky
12-30-2013, 01:00 AM
I've known three separate "nice" pit bulls that have attacked strangers/other dogs out of the blue. Fuck pit bulls.

Katherine Robinson
12-30-2013, 01:58 AM
I've known three separate "nice" pit bulls that have attacked strangers/other dogs out of the blue. Fuck pit bulls.

True, they are a breed of dogs which don't have a place in this world.

CubanSucks
12-30-2013, 02:44 AM
the only fkn morons i see owning pitbulls are clowns who usually get jump, or thugs...those are the 2 common idiots who would own a pit

You must live in a shitty area cause I don't

down here they have laws against aggressive dogs, ur just a walking time bomb and cash cow waiting to happen by opportunist willing to be mauled by a dog...

Or he just knows how to raise it properly and can recognize the signs of trouble

Pitbulls should be exterminated.

True, they are a breed of dogs which don't have a place in this world.

troll harder faggot

probably owned by the same irresponsible and/or oblivious people tdmvpdpoy mentions above.

I've known three separate "nice" dobermans, rottweilers, labs, dalmations, chows, akitas, cocker spaniels that have attacked strangers/other dogs out of the blue...not really, but see what I did there?

koriwhat
12-30-2013, 03:21 AM
It's only fitting an inbred faggot like the OP would continue to defend his dumb as shit faggot breed of dogs.

only dog i've ever come into contact with, and known for years, that wasn't a pos was a pit. i used to have to watch that pit and this heeler all the time and the heeler was insane while the pit was calm and cool. poor pit got killed by a car a couple months ago, he was such a great dog.

koriwhat
12-30-2013, 03:24 AM
I've known three separate "nice" ...akitas... that have attacked strangers/other dogs out of the blue.

the pit i mentioned above was mauled by 3 akitas, back neighbor's dogs, and barely survived all the while he sat in a ball not willing to fight back. that blue nose was strong as hell too but he was too much of a sweetheart.

benefactor
12-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Don't have to defend anything tbh. The facts speak for themselves.
:wakeup

benefactor
12-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Did I mention the study was over ten years? Sure they could have found something out about "aggressive" dogs over that period of time.

DMC
12-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Kill all twenty breeds and be done.

Katherine Robinson
12-30-2013, 10:16 AM

Or he just knows how to raise it properly and can recognize the signs of trouble

troll harder faggot

probably owned by the same irresponsible and/or oblivious people tdmvpdpoy mentions above.

I've known three separate "nice" dobermans, rottweilers, labs, dalmations, chows, akitas, cocker spaniels that have attacked strangers/other dogs out of the blue...not really, but see what I did there?

Apologists of the breed, such as yourself, are rather humorous and sickening at the same time. You probably believe pedophiles have a place in society as well.

Bill_Brasky
12-30-2013, 10:34 AM

troll harder faggot

Yeah, you made up some shit and did nothing to refute my point. Personally, I have seen the dogs raised from pups and they have no fucking reason to be agressive and yet they are. Its a piece of shit ghetto breed that needs to be removed from the planet.