PDA

View Full Version : I want to get away

Jacob1983
12-30-2013, 12:58 AM
I just want to leave. I have a shitty job, shitty car, and basically everyone I know can't stand me. I basically have nothing to live for. No purpose in life. I want to leave so badly. It's so sad. My family can't stand me and is close to disowning me. My work is basically the same. My car is basically shot and I'm afraid to drive it out of fear that the engine will blow up. I tell my family that and they act like I'm lying or exaggerating. I just honestly want to leave. I have been thinking about this for a couple of years now and I'm at the point where I really want to do it. Just leave. I want to be like Lenny Kravitz and fly away, yeah, yeah, yeah, brotha gotta get away. People say you can't run away from your problems or run from your past but I am willing to take that challenge and see if I can be successful at it.

RD2191
12-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Just go for it, if you think about it you won't ever do it.

Jacob1983
12-30-2013, 01:29 AM
I needs some monies to do it.

Samuel Eto'o
12-30-2013, 01:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AZGGMRK.gif?1

jeebus
12-30-2013, 01:53 AM
I hear Kool gives out free money when he gets ahold of his parent's credit card

Jacob1983
12-30-2013, 01:58 AM
A lot of times on here, I make threads like this because I want to vent. However, I really need to make some big changes in my life. My relationships with pretty much everyone I know are shitty and damaged. I am somewhat at a crossroads in life. People around me always preach to me about changing but I feel like I'm being held back. For example, when I attempt to change, the people that supposedly demand that I change basically shit on me and do not give me any recognition for attempting to change. How can I change and be a nicer more positive person when the people around me that demand that I do change won't let me change because they expect me to stay the same? It's annoying as hell. I mean what the fuck do these people want?

marini martini
12-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Get a haircut, get a real job.

lefty
12-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Go

Pack your bags, hitchhike, audition, you never know!

If you are convinced that you have hit rock bottom, then you have nothing to lose and your life can only get better if you take chances
(and maybe your life is shitty because you haven't taken chances yet)

TE
12-30-2013, 02:31 AM
(and maybe your life is shitty because you haven't taken chances yet)
This tbh. You need to stop being a coward homie. Just fuck it. Take that chance to better your life however the case may be.

mrsmaalox
12-30-2013, 02:32 AM
Be your own man. Stop worrying over what your family thinks, who supports you or who doesn't, pay no mind to what changes others demand----change according to your own demands, and don't expect or need recognition from anyone. Just make up your mind what you want on your own, leave others out of it. Get professional psychiatric help if necessary.

lefty
12-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Or maybe you need to change your name

If Jacob is your real name, then it certainly explains why your life is like being in a concentration camp tbh

AchillesHeel
12-30-2013, 04:59 AM
:lmao

AussieFanKurt
12-30-2013, 05:16 AM
Or maybe you need to change your name

If Jacob is your real name, then it certainly explains why your life is like being in a concentration camp tbh

not a fan of the name jacob son?

Thebesteva
12-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Suicide is a valid option

CosmicCowboy
12-30-2013, 07:35 AM
http://markwallaceokc.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/will-work-for-food-franchise.jpg

Rogue
12-30-2013, 07:38 AM
A lot of times on here, I make threads like this because I want to vent. However, I really need to make some big changes in my life. My relationships with pretty much everyone I know are shitty and damaged. I am somewhat at a crossroads in life. People around me always preach to me about changing but I feel like I'm being held back. For example, when I attempt to change, the people that supposedly demand that I change basically shit on me and do not give me any recognition for attempting to change. How can I change and be a nicer more positive person when the people around me that demand that I do change won't let me change because they expect me to stay the same? It's annoying as hell. I mean what the fuck do these people want?
the problem I see is that you care too much how other people think abut you. I mean how much does it matter to you what they want when it is your life, that you yourself are supposed to be responsible for? And its never too late to try some changes in your life imho and it doesn't matter how old you are. A man is as old as he feels, and your parents will support every decision you make no matter what they say. Just go back to school if possible that's my honest advice, and your parents are rich enough to pay the tuition I think. You're probably a bit "old" but you still don't have a bitch, and probably you've never got a bitch I guess, so you're basically still a kid imho. So don't feel no shame about counting on your parents when it is for the good of your future life. You're their child and you will always be. I know and agree with you that school is overrated, but there ain't anything better we can try that may possibly make some positive changes to our lives imho.

I was pretty much in the same situation like 1.5yrs ago when I was stuck in a hopeless job, and I still remember it was on the Independence Day of last year when I finally quit that piece of shit. Then I spent half a year something preparing for grad school entrance exams and got admitted at the beginning of this year, and now I'm studying in grad school and making new friends in our class. I still remember that almost EVERYONE opposed my idea when I said I wanted to quit that fucking treadmill fiddling job (even including my parents), but I quit that shit anyway regardless, and now I'm living a much happier life. It doesn't matter how other people think about you, and you can never guarantee success for any decision, just do it and see how things work out. You life can't be any shittier anyway so any change would be a positive move imho.

JoeChalupa
12-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Swing by hooters this Saturday and I'll buy you a drink.

SnakeBoy
12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
I just want to leave. I have a shitty job, shitty car, and basically everyone I know can't stand me. I basically have nothing to live for. No purpose in life. I want to leave so badly. It's so sad. My family can't stand me and is close to disowning me. My work is basically the same. My car is basically shot and I'm afraid to drive it out of fear that the engine will blow up. I tell my family that and they act like I'm lying or exaggerating. I just honestly want to leave. I have been thinking about this for a couple of years now and I'm at the point where I really want to do it. Just leave. I want to be like Lenny Kravitz and fly away, yeah, yeah, yeah, brotha gotta get away. People say you can't run away from your problems or run from your past but I am willing to take that challenge and see if I can be successful at it.

I already told you a year ago that your problem isn't the economy, your shitty job, or your family and friends. Your problem is your untreated depressive disorder. No matter where you go, you will always be there. Which means you will be miserable unless you seek professional help. You should qualify for subsidized obamacare and obamacare covers mental health treatment so what's stopping you from getting some help? It pisses me off to no end that I have to foot the bill for your treatment but damn dude take advantage of it while you can.

GoodOdor
12-30-2013, 12:56 PM
If everyone around you thinks you suck, maybe the problem isn't with them.....

Start looking at something that will get you out of the minimum wage life - maybe a teaching abroad program, or signing up
for a year at Alaska working on the oil fields, anything tbh.......can't be worse than it is now.

leemajors
12-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Here's a gift Jacob.

Master this program and they start @ 60-65k. The program cost $500.00. You can live anywhere you want.

No more excuses.

http://www.sapdashboardgallery.com/

that's not what you think it is.

Expert
12-30-2013, 01:08 PM
you should pursue a liberal arts degree imo. I don't see how you can leave if your car isn't running.

Expert
12-30-2013, 01:14 PM
in my expert opinion, you are just a troll. However my empathy will not allow me to just ignore it. I might be an expert but that doesn't make me uncaring. so what I think you need to do is stop asking people for their advice on how to fix your life. Do what you want to do or shut up about it. The world needs low wage earners as well so its your choice if that's what you settle with. You seem to have taken the easiest way out of everything and now you want other people to help you get away from your problems but that's never going to get you anywhere. Join the Marines they will either make a man of you or kill you. I would like to say that you could join as an officer however since your degree is basically shit you probably cannot.

xmas1997
12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Then go and quit complaining about it.
Put your money where your mouth is.

CavsSuperFan
12-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Jacob1983
For the majority of Americans life is routine and mundane…It’s about getting up and going to work when you are hung-over…Paying your children’s tuition and orthodontist bills…Making love to a woman who you can’t stand…Driving a car that overheats, is without A/C because you want your Daughter to be safe, she is driving the newer car that won’t break down…

Get a physical & discuss these things with your Doctor…Who knows, 10mgs of Lexipro may make you feel like the luckiest person on the planet…

xmas1997
12-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Jacob1983
For the majority of Americans life is routine and mundane…It’s about getting up and going to work when you are hung-over…Paying your children’s tuition and orthodontist bills…Making love to a woman who you can’t stand…Driving a car that overheats, is without A/C because you want your Daughter to be safe, she is driving the newer car that won’t break down…

Get a physical & discuss these things with your Doctor…Who knows, 10mgs of Lexipro may make you feel like the luckiest person on the planet…

Or just smoke a fat joint and count your lucky stars.
:lol

SnakeBoy
12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Jacob1983

Damn your life sucks.

xmas1997
12-30-2013, 01:50 PM
There is a silver lining in everything.
One persons poison is another persons pie.

leemajors
12-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Are you familiar with bobj? What do you think it is?

I have worked with SAP for the last 8 years, very extensively the last three. I don't see how downloading a dashboard for SAP would help him do anything atm.

SnakeBoy
12-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Join the Marines they will either make a man of you or kill you.

They'll just kill him. If you want the military to give you a better life join the Air Force. Just make sure you pick a decent career field that will help you in civilian life, if you go in under general they'll assume your a dumbass even if you have a degree and stick you in the cafeteria slopping shit all day.

Expert
12-30-2013, 01:55 PM
They'll just kill him. If you want the military to give you a better life join the Air Force. Just make sure you pick a decent career field that will help you in civilian life, if you go in under general they'll assume your a dumbass even if you have a degree and stick you in the cafeteria slopping shit all day.
if it was civilian related jobs he was thinking about he would not have a degree in liberal arts. it doesn't matter what he does their. He can get college tuition and even make a career out of it if that's his choice.

xmas1997
12-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to try something. Give him a goal. But you're right it takes time to learn Dashboards. What have you been working on?

You should have made the GTG Saturday. We missed your humor there. (And cheese dip?)

leemajors
12-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to try something. Give him a goal. But you're right it takes time to learn Dashboards. What have you been working on?

order maintenance for computer and mobile repairs. i don't mess with any dashboards tbh, just backing up statuses and changing repair parts, canceling/creating new repairs per depot requests, etc.

Rogue
12-30-2013, 07:33 PM
in my expert opinion, you are just a troll. However my empathy will not allow me to just ignore it. I might be an expert but that doesn't make me uncaring. so what I think you need to do is stop asking people for their advice on how to fix your life. Do what you want to do or shut up about it. The world needs low wage earners as well so its your choice if that's what you settle with. You seem to have taken the easiest way out of everything and now you want other people to help you get away from your problems but that's never going to get you anywhere. Join the Marines they will either make a man of you or kill you. I would like to say that you could join as an officer however since your degree is basically shit you probably cannot.
There's always room at the top imho, no matter how shitty his degree is. And even if it is a shitty degree, my nigga is still young enough to switch to another profession and to pursue a grad degree, like what I've done and am currently doing. Jacob is probably 30yr old already (inferring from "1983" which I guess is the year when he was born), but he still hasn't got no bitch and he never has got any, so he's still privileged to enjoy himself and do whatever he likes, and there's no need for him to shackle himself with life burden when he doesn't have no bitch/family to feed. Bitches are dream killers but thankfully my nigga Jacob is smart enough to abstain from them. My point is he should try to make some changes at least, no matter what result it's gonna crank out, regardless of what other people think. It is his own business after all imho.

Rogue
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
And I doubt the Airforce would even consider recruiting a 30yr old man with only a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, while the door of school is open for him any day. Just like my nigga himself said, he's at a crossing of life right now and the decision he makes is probably gonna shape his future life, and that's why I want everyone here to give him honest advice rather than troll him tbh. Seems Jacob's life is on tilt and his mental state is abysmal, but the only good news is he's still single, he's a lifelong celibate so he has every right to pursue a grad degree in another profession. There're many people who've succeeded without degrees (you know the examples) but we ain't no longer living in a blooming economy, instead in a shitty one which's extremely unfriendly towards new business starters.

SnakeBoy
12-30-2013, 07:46 PM

:(

Jacob1983
12-31-2013, 12:11 AM
I live in fear and paranoia. I am that way because I have failed due to a cycle of horrible decision making. I am so scared that I will fail that I don't try or take risks. I am always scared of the consequences of my decision making. It's a sad way to live.

DMC
12-31-2013, 12:40 AM
I live in fear and paranoia. I am that way because I have failed due to a cycle of horrible decision making. I am so scared that I will fail that I don't try or take risks. I am always scared of the consequences of my decision making. It's a sad way to live.

Sounds like a Xanax moment.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2013, 12:41 AM
Expert has given the best advice in this thread.

Jacob1983
12-31-2013, 03:40 AM
I just wonder what my work and family would do if I finally got some courage and just bailed on both of them.

Rogue
12-31-2013, 05:20 AM

You have failed in the past because you failed to have the right attitude towards decision making. I guess you always wanna shirk the responsibility of making any decisions (that's why you take other people's opinions so seriously i guess), so even if some decisions turn out to be wrong, the blame would be on someone else instead of you, but no one else would share the bitter result with you imho. You may take into consideration other people's opinions but you should never put them above yours, because it your life after all.

I just wonder what my work and family would do if I finally got some courage and just bailed on both of them.

your family (your parents) will always stand on your side whatever decision you make tbh, and you don't have no legit work to begin with. A well-educated smart guy like you deserves a decent life and I think the best you can do at this point is start to pursue a real career, get trained or further educated if necessary, whatever profession you choose. A college degree (even a grad degree) may not always guarantee a decent job but it'll at least increase your odd of succeeding imho.

And a sentence from Tom Booker has become a motto to me, and I wanna share it with you here, "sometimes what seems like surrender isn't surrender at all, it's all about what's going on in your heart, about seeing clearly the way life is, accepting it and being true to it."

dirk4mvp
12-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Put that bottomless script of Xanax to the test. When you stop making these kinds of threads, or any threads at all we will know it worked.

Jk hope ur life gets better, relive the 2011 finals on YouTube, etc etc

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2013, 06:34 AM
only a hard round cock will save his life

Edward
12-31-2013, 07:55 AM

This is your problem. You work for one of the largest corporations in the world in a job that does not require any unique skill, yet have convinced yourself you're the most under-appreciated worker in the history of corporate America and that Target would be totally lost without the great Jacob1983 stocking shelves. Your family would undoubtedly miss you, but lets not kid ourselves, your employer wouldn't miss a beat.

As Expert said, you continue to take the easy way out with everything. You don't take any responsibility for your decisions and make these threads expecting a magic genie to come along and make everything better. You don't have a wife or kids and you're not that old yet. You're in much better shape than someone w/ 2 kids who's stuck at Target, you actually have the ability to make a change, but you're running out of time. Your 30s are supposed to be your prime earning years.

Expert
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
lol nobody wants to be that guy on CNN who told this guy to kill himself when he actually does.

Jacob1983
12-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Target sucks ass. I hope they go bankrupt in 2014.

Leetonidas
12-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds like you need a dose of man the fuck up

Rogue
12-31-2013, 07:11 PM
This is your problem. You work for one of the largest corporations in the world in a job that does not require any unique skill, yet have convinced yourself you're the most under-appreciated worker in the history of corporate America and that Target would be totally lost without the great Jacob1983 stocking shelves. Your family would undoubtedly miss you, but lets not kid ourselves, your employer wouldn't miss a beat.

As Expert (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=36625) said, you continue to take the easy way out with everything. You don't take any responsibility for your decisions and make these threads expecting a magic genie to come along and make everything better. You don't have a wife or kids and you're not that old yet. You're in much better shape than someone w/ 2 kids who's stuck at Target, you actually have the ability to make a change, but you're running out of time. Your 30s are supposed to be your prime earning years.
agree with you on most you said except that I don't think his 30s are supposed to be his prime earning years, it depends imho. It's never too late for a well-educated man to start earning great money even without any working experience, and just like you said, my nigga is in much better shape than most guys his age because he is a celibate. Thing is, if he gets a doctorate's degree he wouldn't need to start a career from the very basic level. And if I remember correct, the basic salary of the first job for a graduate with a master's, on average, is about 3 times that for a graduate with only a bachelors imho.

Rogue
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
though the difference between a doctorate's and a master's degrees might be very small in terms of reward in the money form, which means a doctorate's degree is basically unnecessary unless you wanna apply for highly academic jobs like college teachers.

DeadlyDynasty
12-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Spend part of your next paycheck on a g of powder and a cheap backpage hooker. Not a longterm strategy, but one night of risk and freedom might break you out of your funk

Rogue
12-31-2013, 08:28 PM
My nigga Jacob is a lifelong celibate and he's still a virgin in his early 30s, no way in hell would he lose his virginity to a whore tbh. Don't give him such wrong advice tbh, my nigga started this thread asking for honest advice, not for trolling tbh

Phillip
01-01-2014, 01:06 AM
:lmao this thread wins especially with the lenny kravitz reference

resistanze
01-01-2014, 01:26 AM

As Expert said, you continue to take the easy way out with everything. You don't take any responsibility for your decisions and make these threads expecting a magic genie to come along and make everything better. You don't have a wife or kids and you're not that old yet. You're in much better shape than someone w/ 2 kids who's stuck at Target, you actually have the ability to make a change, but you're running out of time. Your 30s are supposed to be your prime earning years.

http://olivethepeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/applause-gif.gif

Jacob1983
01-01-2014, 03:02 AM
One of my big mistakes in life has been that I cave to peer pressure and follow very bad advice. I need to come up with a plan on my own and I see it through the end. I don't need to be taking advice from anyone especially my family. My whole college experience was a disaster because I attended the university that my dad wanted me to attend and I hated it. I wasted 4 semesters at a private Baptist university which of course was ridiculously expensive. After 4 semesters, I woke up from the nightmare I was having at that shitty college and transferred to a cheap community college for 2 semesters. After those 2 semesters, I transferred to Texas A&M at Commerce and did 4 semesters there. Texas A&M Commerce was the best college out of the 3 colleges that I attended. It was cheap and I actually learned things there. I could write a book on the do's and don'ts of college.

Rogue
01-01-2014, 10:20 AM
One of my big mistakes in life has been that I cave to peer pressure and follow very bad advice. I need to come up with a plan on my own and I see it through the end. I don't need to be taking advice from anyone especially my family. My whole college experience was a disaster because I attended the university that my dad wanted me to attend and I hated it. I wasted 4 semesters at a private Baptist university which of course was ridiculously expensive. After 4 semesters, I woke up from the nightmare I was having at that shitty college and transferred to a cheap community college for 2 semesters. After those 2 semesters, I transferred to Texas A&M at Commerce and did 4 semesters there. Texas A&M Commerce was the best college out of the 3 colleges that I attended. It was cheap and I actually learned things there. I could write a book on the do's and don'ts of college.
So maybe you can try going back to Texas A&M for a grad degree or shit. Community college sucks and it's sure as hell that such a college ain't where a smart dude like yourself deserve to study, seems like transferring from that community college to Texas A&M was a right decision tbh.

And you're right, your family don't always give you the best advice because they (your parents, just like everyone else) usually take their interest into consideration before yours. Like, they want you to get married and have kids and they'd get promoted to grand parenthood shit. But c'mon, is that what you yourself want? Fuck no, otherwise you wouldn't have remained a celibate & a virgin into your 30s & counting tbh. And it's still too early to lose hope, bro, there's one thing that differentiates you from what people call a "loser", which's that you're still single. Bitches are dream killers but you haven't got none of them, so your dream is still alive. Haven't you got any childhood dreams, like becoming a celebrity, a scientist or something? Time to resurrect your genius self bro, and try making decisions on your own, and do whatever you can to make advancements toward your goal tbh.

SnakeBoy
01-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I could write a book on the do's and don'ts of college.

I don't think you should be writing any advise books.

bigzak25
01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Go away to college jacob. Shit ain't given to you in this world. Go earn your degree, get some pell grants and a school loan to get you by. Good luck.

Jacob1983
01-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Silly goose, I already have a college degree. It has been useless for me in life so far. Thank you. I'm probably one of the worst examples of how someone's life has changed post college graduation.

BUMP
01-01-2014, 01:57 PM
sounds to me like you don't have any plan. make a plan soon...

and then start writing down all your goals (short term, long term, witten no helmet etc etc etc). then write down the individual steps it takes to achieve these goals. sitting around whining does no good.

also, read King Solomon's "Everything is meaningless" schpiel (sp?). It will make you realize that your entire pathetic existence as an individual is ultimately meaningless in teh wide spectrum of life and it's history.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
You need to find a purpose in your life. Strive towards something, make a long-term goal.

bigzak25
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Damn jacob, a degree and stuck at target...maybe a good toke is your best course of action.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Damn jacob, a degree and stuck at target...maybe a good toke is your best course of action.

Yeah, getting high so he can temporarily escape reality and ignore all the problems mentioned in the OP, all the while paying for weed when he's having financial issues is a great idea.

GoodOdor said this already, but if you refuse to go back to college since you've concluded it's worthless based off your anecdotal example (I'm not even gonna try pointing out how bad that logic is), then go to Alaska, North Dakota or even West Texas and work in oil drilling/transportation/etc. You'll start at 60k/year which is a good living in all of those states and you can pay off your student debts and start saving money. In a few years after you're debt free and have some assets you can re-assess where your life is at and it will actually feasible economically if you change your mind about school.

No one is going to find out which companies are hiring or fill out the application for you though, so similar to when CosmicCowboy posted the link to the careers site for a company hiring new drivers with no experience or training starting at 80k/year in one of these threads that you probably didn't even bother to fucking click on, you probably won't even try investigating the possibility of working in the oil fields even though you're perfectly qualified to do so with the growth of fracking technology.

SnakeBoy
01-01-2014, 03:23 PM
so similar to when CosmicCowboy posted the link to the careers site for a company hiring new drivers with no experience or training starting at 80k/year in one of these threads that you probably didn't even bother to fucking click on, you probably won't even try investigating the possibility of working in the oil fields even though you're perfectly qualified to do so with the growth of fracking technology.

I think it's pretty clear he has no intention of making any effort to improve his life. Some people enjoy being miserable and a burden to everyone around them.

Das Texan
01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah, getting high so he can temporarily escape reality and ignore all the problems mentioned in the OP, all the while paying for weed when he's having financial issues is a great idea.

GoodOdor said this already, but if you refuse to go back to college since you've concluded it's worthless based off your anecdotal example (I'm not even gonna try pointing out how bad that logic is), then go to Alaska, North Dakota or even West Texas and work in oil drilling/transportation/etc. You'll start at 60k/year which is a good living in all of those states and you can pay off your student debts and start saving money. In a few years after you're debt free and have some assets you can re-assess where your life is at and it will actually feasible economically if you change your mind about school.

No one is going to find out which companies are hiring or fill out the application for you though, so similar to when CosmicCowboy posted the link to the careers site for a company hiring new drivers with no experience or training starting at 80k/year in one of these threads that you probably didn't even bother to fucking click on, you probably won't even try investigating the possibility of working in the oil fields even though you're perfectly qualified to do so with the growth of fracking technology.

Yup, though he may be too fucking emo to be a roughneck, I assume you could be a fucking emo truck driver.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I think it's pretty clear he has no intention of making any effort to improve his life. Some people enjoy being miserable and a burden to everyone around them.

I think he does but he's someone who can't think more than 10 seconds into the future so a life-turnaround that'll take months if not years before looks impossible (I should know, I'm the same way unless I make a concentrated effort not to be). The comment "No one will give me recognition when I try to make a change" screams "Nothing is worth doing unless I get instant gratification from it!" You're probably onto something with mental health, the best way to handle an incessant need for instant gratification is psychiatric help. I also agree, even as a liberal, Obamacare will be a pointless waste of money if the poor people getting subsidized healthcare are too fuckin lazy to address their health issues so they can become productive members of society :lol

bigzak25
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Seriously, just toke it up. It works for the majority of people working at target, why not you.

Rogue
01-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I think if you refuse to quit your job you can at least try part-time school, for a managerial degree or something like MBA (which our nigga m>s always recommended) so it'd be very hard for your boss not to promote you when you were the only one among your co-workers who had an advanced college degree. money is the last thing you need to care about at this point of time when you don't have no bitch or family to support tbh.

thispego
01-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Sad life. You have to actually commit to making a change first off. I don't know if you'll ever conquer that first step.

Jacob1983
01-01-2014, 08:41 PM
I have to be given a chance. I mean everyone I know is always preaching to me that I need to change but it's like I can't even attempt to change because people want me to change ASAP like this second. I want to change but it's hard to change with people that I know shooting down any of my attempts to change. I have been tempted to stay on at Target until my birthday and get a 2nd job so I can save up some money for a car. Very hard to look for work when you are having to borrow people's cars.

The Reckoning
01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
tired schtick

Rogue
01-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I have to be given a chance. I mean everyone I know is always preaching to me that I need to change but it's like I can't even attempt to change because people want me to change ASAP like this second. I want to change but it's hard to change with people that I know shooting down any of my attempts to change. I have been tempted to stay on at Target until my birthday and get a 2nd job so I can save up some money for a car. Very hard to look for work when you are having to borrow people's cars.
I don't fancy your chances to get a job that's significantly better than this one. This economy sucks and your working experience at such a grassroot level ain't gonna help much imho. And I don't see why you still need a car if you're so broke like you've described yourself. I mean if you go back to school you wouldn't need a damn car anymore (guess you didn't have a car when you were a student), which would save you considerable $.

It seems you're still counting on other people to give you a chance, but I think if there were any good/easy chances to succeed, people would take those chances themselves instead of leaving them to you imho. You need to seek actively for chances that you want because chances only knock on the doors of those who're prepared, and you don't need to take seriously what other people think of you. Some people really care about your life while others, the majority of them even, just make fun of your sufferings and jeer at you. You only have yourself to count on to turn things around, and to slap those fuckers in their smirking faces tbh.

Edward
01-01-2014, 10:58 PM

Only adds to the point:

As Expert (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=36625) said, you continue to take the easy way out with everything. You don't take any responsibility for your decisions and make these threads expecting a magic genie to come along and make everything better.

I'm not sure how much more clear people in this thread can be that whatever external person/thing/whatever you expect to come along and deliver you a "chance" on a silver platter doesn't exist and even if it did it's something you have no control over. It's your life. You shouldn't expect others to give you a chance to change (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) but you don't need the approval of others for personal life decisions. Unless your parents are providing you financial support, you don't need them to sign off on anything. You constantly talk about how your biggest mistake is taking advice from other people and the reason that happens is because you're so desperate for approval and instant gratification you'll go along with someone else's idea so they'll instantly give you positive feedback for agreeing with them.

monosylab1k
01-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Sad life. You have to actually commit to making a change first off. I don't know if you'll ever conquer that first step.

True tbh, we all remember how hard it was for you, having to commit to the girl you knocked up, making a thread asking for legal advice on giving your abandoned child your name. But you stuck with it, fought and endured, and now you're a proud user of a condo in Breck that your father in law owns.

Jacob1983
01-02-2014, 03:03 AM
I had a car but it was a hand me down and it is basically now dead. I might be able to get 200 or 300 dollars if I take it to a junk yard. One of my resolutions for 2014 is to get a car that is my own. I have never really had a car that was my own. That means I paid for it which means it is mine. Honestly, if I could buy a van, I would and just live in that while I work at shitty Target. I am going to be homeless probably in two months so I'm gonna have to take desperate measures to get some cash. I would definitely donate sperm and blood. I am already in the process of selling my XBOX 360, PSP, Ipod Nano, and some Japanese Transformers. I am even tempted to sell my Nexus 7 tablet that was a prize from AT&T. You guys can trash me all you want. I just wanted to vent. Venting helps me cope. And I need to stop giving a shit on what others think about me.

Rogue
01-02-2014, 04:58 AM
I had a car but it was a hand me down and it is basically now dead. I might be able to get 200 or 300 dollars if I take it to a junk yard. One of my resolutions for 2014 is to get a car that is my own. I have never really had a car that was my own. That means I paid for it which means it is mine. Honestly, if I could buy a van, I would and just live in that while I work at shitty Target. I am going to be homeless probably in two months so I'm gonna have to take desperate measures to get some cash. I would definitely donate sperm and blood. I am already in the process of selling my XBOX 360, PSP, Ipod Nano, and some Japanese Transformers. I am even tempted to sell my Nexus 7 tablet that was a prize from AT&T. You guys can trash me all you want. I just wanted to vent. Venting helps me cope. And I need to stop giving a shit on what others think about me.
should've done this years ago tbh, but what baffles me is how a brokeass student/later a shitty-job undertaker could afford all sorts of those shit like XBOX and PSP. It seems you never really lived a frugal life, and even when you were financially stressed you still chose to hold on to a POS car that guzzled gallons of gas each month. Thrift is a great revenue imho. A teacher in our school told us a famous quote one day, he said "one can only think independently when he is financially independent", which means you could never start to really pursue your dreams as long as you still need money from that fiddly treadmill. I think you may as well try living frugally and you'll be amazed at how much money you're gonna save, while your hands and brain will be free to do what you really like, and what's gonna turn out to be beneficial for your future life. Minimize your spending, and maximize your chance of succeeding imho. (Every penny invested in education is a worthwhile investment though)

Moocher
01-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Stop worrying about the almighty dollar and what others think. Success today is measured by dollars and possessions. A roof over you head, food on the table and family is where you will find happiness and a smile. While money and possessions are not necessarily bad, they can blind you to what is really important. I live with family and love it.

Moocher
01-02-2014, 07:07 AM
And having to be financially independent to think independently is bullshit.

thispego
01-02-2014, 08:54 AM
True tbh, we all remember how hard it was for you, having to commit to the girl you knocked up, making a thread asking for legal advice on giving your abandoned child your name. But you stuck with it, fought and endured, and now you're a proud user of a condo in Breck that your father in law owns.

yeah the girlfriend of 5 years I knocked up. :lol We've now been together for 9 years. :tu

You ever marry in to a wealthy family? It's pretty sweet imo tbh :lmao

Rogue
01-02-2014, 10:08 AM
13: You don't have a bitch (a dream killer)!

resistanze
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM

If this is a shtick, it's one of the best in ST history imo. That or you actually need psychiatric help.

leemajors
01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
3 pages and no Southwest jokes.

PlayNando
01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Life of a Mavs fan, tbh..............

Per par.

bigzak25
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I just got this in a company newsletter...here you go buckaroo. keep yo head up.

5 Keys to Effective Goal Setting -
Successful Mindset

Setting and achieving goals is where success happens! We often get stuck at the
beginning of the process with assessing our situation and setting goals without following
through to completion. Setting and achieving goals is the mainstay of purposeful living.
The successful mindset uses goal-directed thinking in every aspect.
Effective goal setting happens when we choose goals that we believe we can truly
achieve. We keep those goals ever in front of us, never losing sight of where we want to
go in life. The groundwork for effective goal setting starts with these crucial components.

Keys to Effective Goal Setting

1. Have a Vision - Start with a fully detailed vision for yourself. Without a vivid image
of your future, you will not be able to set all of your daily, weekly and monthly goals
that will propel you into reality.

2. Know your Passions - Often the problem with goals isn’t in setting them but being
motivated to actually achieve the goals you’ve set. Your passions need to be aligned
with your list of goals and fuel the fire that makes you act.

3. Be Brutally Honest - Setting goals means being honest with yourself and with others.
Living a life fully and achieving your goals requires complete honesty. Look deep
inside yourself. Know your strengths and weaknesses. The vision, passion and gifts
that exist within you will carry you toward your goals. As Shakespeare wrote, “To
thine own self be true.”

4. Set Goals that are Yours to Achieve - Your goals must be literally “your goals.” It
doesn’t seem possible for you to be passionate about someone else’s goals. For you
to achieve the goals you have set, you must believe deep within yourself that the
goals you are working toward will take your life where you want it to go. Don’t take
on goals for yourself that were designed by someone else. Look at your life and your
vision then set goals that you will walk through fire to achieve.

5. Live a Life of Action - Remember to spend less time on setting your goals than acting
on them. Stay in motion. If you have a tendency to get stuck in the “planning” stage
of goal setting, then start with setting smaller achievable goals each day that you
make a priority to reach before the end of the day.
Your passion, your gifts and your daily action are the keys to effective goal setting. Setting
goals that you believe in and fueling your dreams with your life passions are all part
of the successful mindset. Develop your own successful mindset that you can achieve
yourself with planning and action!

AchillesHeel
01-02-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

SnakeBoy
01-02-2014, 01:20 PM

The more Jacob posts the more I like this advice.

AchillesHeel
01-02-2014, 01:25 PM
The more Jacob posts the more I like this advise.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
If this is a shtick, it's one of the best in ST history imo. That or you actually need psychiatric help.

I tried convincing myself it's a shtick, but I realized that was me trying to ignore the probable truth, that we have millions of people like this in America who are totally out of touch because of uncontrollable narcissism that makes them incapable of thinking clearly. People like Jacob are so in deniable about the reality that no one was put on this planet for a special predetermined reason and that your life will most likely be just as ordinary as the lives of everyone you see that they think the world is gonna arrive at their doorstep immediately after it inevitably figures out how much it needs Jacob1983 to avoid global calamity.

resistanze
01-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I tried convincing myself it's a shtick, but I realized that was me trying to ignore the probable truth, that we have millions of people like this in America who are totally out of touch because of uncontrollable narcissism that makes them incapable of thinking clearly. People like Jacob are so in deniable about the reality that no one was put on this planet for a special predetermined reason and that your life will most likely be just as ordinary as the lives of everyone you see that they think the world is gonna arrive at their doorstep immediately after it inevitably figures out how much it needs Jacob1983 to avoid global calamity.

It's true, I have family members like this. This ridiculous lack of accountability, the supposed 'external forces' holding them back, etc. You'd think someone like Jacob wouldn't go on his half-ass neocon rants but apparently he still thinks he's more important than the people he criticizes :lol

Jacob1983
01-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I just want a Nissan exterra and just want to get away. Trust me I am very frugal. I have a flip phone. I have one pair of shoes. I don't really have car cat since it's basically dead. It has a huge oil leak and the front of the engine is covered in grease, dirt, and oil. Scary to drive. Last week I thought it was going to blow up. Please don't make fun of my Mavs. Leave them out of this.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-03-2014, 12:01 AM
It's true, I have family members like this. This ridiculous lack of accountability, the supposed 'external forces' holding them back, etc. You'd think someone like Jacob wouldn't go on his half-ass neocon rants but apparently he still thinks he's more important than the people he criticizes :lol

Oddly enough they're usually the "Quit blaming others! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" libertarian type who jerk off to Ayn Rand novels.

AngryMan
01-03-2014, 01:09 AM

Man, sit yo depressed ass down.

apalisoc_9
01-03-2014, 01:26 AM
how old are you op?

Man sounds like a tough situation to be in tbh. I just turned 23 a month ago and I'm in a somewhat similar position, the only difference i guess is that I am committed to finishing a decent degree even though I might stop every now and then due to financial difficulties. I read that you have a liberal arts degree, with that degree you're probably looking at a 2 year courses to finish better degrees tbh..So i really don't understand why you wouldn't consider school an option.

If i were you, I'd work two jobs earn then earn as much money as I can so I can pay for a two years or three years worth of university ( since you probably already finished loads of credits). Or come to Canada man, Alberta is desperate to recruit workers from all over Canada and even the US..You can earn 100k in two years. That should be enough to pay for you school loans. In those two years, you can evaluate where you stand.

I gotta ask op, have you considered opening a business of some sort? if you really hate going to school, I'd save up enough money to open a business and go from there..you gotta work tons of hours in the next couple of years though, but if you really want to get out of this funk, you would have to somehow work harder than your average joe man..Don't look down on yourself man...

Also, don't just go without having any plans... Trust me most guys who do this often times fail, I know I did...If you really wanna pack up and go, you need to have a plan in mind...otherwise, you'll see yourself sleeping in streets.

Jacob1983
01-03-2014, 01:41 AM
I already have a plan, silly gooses.

apalisoc_9
01-03-2014, 01:42 AM
I already have a plan, silly gooses.

What's you plan?

lefty
01-03-2014, 02:00 AM
What's you plan?
Trying to figure out a plan

Jacob1983
01-03-2014, 02:17 AM
I already have a plan for my money problem. I just have to massively cut back. That means no driving thru Burger King and getting a Texas Double Whopper or getting a hot dog at Target. Take my damn lunch to work. Don't go to the movies or buy movies. I'm also gonna start to sell a bunch of my stuff. I probably wasted at least 500 dollars on fast food in 2013. Just got to cut back and have some fucking self control.

Rogue
01-03-2014, 02:26 AM
neither this nor our affection for Goddess is a shtick imho.

SnakeBoy
01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I already have a plan for my money problem. I just have to massively cut back. That means no driving thru Burger King and getting a Texas Double Whopper or getting a hot dog at Target. Take my damn lunch to work. Don't go to the movies or buy movies. I'm also gonna start to sell a bunch of my stuff. I probably wasted at least 500 dollars on fast food in 2013. Just got to cut back and have some fucking self control.

You work at target. You have an income problem not an expense problem.

SnakeBoy
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
If i were you, I'd work two jobs earn then earn as much money as I can so I can pay for a two years or three years worth of university ( since you probably already finished loads of credits).

If you were him then you wouldn't do anything except beg for sympathy on a message board.

Spur|n|Austin
01-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Shtick Shtick Shtick

Jacob1983
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I have actually considered getting a 2nd job. I just wish I had never been brainwashed by America society about the whole "going to college and getting a degree will make your life so much better". I wish I could remove that from my mind. My life would be a million times better if I could remove/erase certain memories from my mind.

Spur|n|Austin
01-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I have actually considered getting a 2nd job. I just wish I had never been brainwashed by America society about the whole "going to college and getting a degree will make your life so much better". I wish I could remove that from my mind. My life would be a million times better if I could remove/erase certain memories from my mind.

If you think going to college and getting a degree was a brainwashing and has caused you "your problems" then you're sorely mistaken. Try being the guy you work with at Target with no degree who buffs the floors at night..

Brazil
01-03-2014, 02:36 PM
what jacob needs is something radical not like cut your expenses or take a second job

in dat situation, you first go tell your so called friends that think you are shitty to go fuck themselves, then you go to target to tell them you quit, you pack a bag, go kiss your mom and hit the road and don't look back. During the journey learn a stuff: kite surf, DJ, windsurf, surf, english teacher... whatever when you are out of money find a spot where you can teach what you learned, make some cash during few months and hit the road again, at one point you will find your spot.

I had a bunch of friends who did that, I did that too partially and we are all fine and happy in life

worst thing would be to try to fix what it's not fixable.

xXx
01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.glamour.com/images/health-fitness/2008/10/1029-snickers_li.jpg

Jacob1983
01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I blame myself for listening to bad advice. I have done that my entire life. I know I'm a pessimistic prick but even with that I try to see the good in people. Sometimes I think I am too trusting and yeah I have cared too much what others think. Maybe in April, I will take a journey. I have to get my own car first before I go on a journey. I am tempted to get a van because I'd like to be able to sleep in it and have women of some sort in it.

Rogue
01-03-2014, 10:17 PM
A van would be my favorite choice too if I had my own money tbh, comfortable, cheap, more space and higher viewpoint than most cars. I'd probably sleep in it too (like a caravan) so I'd be able to study in another city, a better university than this POS one I'm currently studying in. But I'd never invite no bitch into my little home, I'm a lifelong celibate - a fact that gives me all the bragging rights over other guys & bitches about my age tbh.

DJR210
01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd say off yourself.

lefty
01-04-2014, 01:52 AM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+had+threesome+once+_1758038351d00d996c84e48bf1c0 3daf.gif

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Damn it, I'm not a troll. Yeah I'm not perfect and yeah I'm a highly pessimistic prick but not a troll. If you can fix a massive oil leak on a 1998 Honda Civic for less than 500 dollars, let me know.

The Reckoning
01-04-2014, 02:12 AM
lol i have a friend whose next pay raise at target will put him at 6 figures.

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 02:48 AM
Is he white?

SnakeBoy
01-04-2014, 03:06 AM
lol i have a friend whose next pay raise at target will put him at 6 figures.

I know a guy who got laid off and couldn't find a job doing what he had been so he took a stocker job at Lowe's. Three years and several promotions later he was making close to 6 figures.

It's hard to feel too much sympathy for Jacobs never ending sob story.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2014, 03:13 AM
the only way u get to 6 figures at those large retail outlets, is either ur above manager position...

if u know what shelfing products is, why not get into logistics man....

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 03:17 AM
The problem is I don't want to be in retail. I mean seriously, who the fuck wants to work in retail? I get nothing from it. No purpose, meaning, or satisfaction. I definitely don't get a lot of money. I'm sorry if you can't understand that. Some people might like working in retail and that's fine. However, I am not one of those people.

Rogue
01-04-2014, 06:56 AM
The problem is I don't want to be in retail. I mean seriously, who the fuck wants to work in retail? I get nothing from it. No purpose, meaning, or satisfaction. I definitely don't get a lot of money. I'm sorry if you can't understand that. Some people might like working in retail and that's fine. However, I am not one of those people.
the problem is that you've always failed to realize money is the last thing that matters to you at this point. you can definitely find a way to make a detailed plan for your future and begin executing it, while minimizing money spending. There's always room at the top so some elite retailers can also get super rich like Sam Walton but it seems like that's just not the right area for you imho. You're smart and handsome, and you have a strong sense of dignity, while most people working in this industry are shameless fucks who make their livings by deceiving customers. The best you can do now is find some subject that you're interested in, and try to come back to school and pursue a degree in it imho. It's just miserable to do something you don't like at all, regardless of how much you earn. I mean even if you could make handsome money in retailing, you would still hardly feel happy if you don't like it imho.

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Money is everything, brah. Money controls life and power on Earth. If you don't got it, you fucked. I just want a fuckin' break. I am not asking for a million dollars or 3 wishes. I mean how can I look for a new job or even a 2nd job when I don't have a reliable car to drive? And I live in the hillbilly country part of Collin County so public transportation is out. My hand me down car is shot. It has a massive oil leak that makes me scared to death to drive because I'm afraid it will overheat and blow up while I'm driving it. My brother's car just got back from the shop but the fuckers that fixed ripped us off. It's still fucking broken and it makes me furious because my mother borrowed around 1500 dollars to supposedly have it fixed. I know that I'm a grump and pessimist but my mom bent over backwards to get that car fixed. Why should she get screwed like that? What did my mom do wrong? She was trying to help my brother and me. I just don't get it. It seems like every time I want to change myself or my situation, there is some type of road block or obstacle stopping me from doing it. I just want a break from all of this bad luck and drama. Transfer my bad luck to some rapist or murderer that is living a good life and maybe that rapist or murderer will get caught and brought to justice with my bad luck.

Edward
01-04-2014, 03:22 PM
:lol a libertarian complaining about shoddy public transportation

Excuse me while I go choke to death on the irony of that.

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm not a true libertarian, brah. I just wish I could transfer my bad luck to my haters or some wealthy rapist or wealthy murderer. I would love to see some rich rapist or rich murderer finally get what they deserve just because they got my shit end of the stick bad luck. That is something that would me happy. I'd love to see a piece of shit like that have to deal with constant car trouble and 24/7 worrying over money. I would love that to death.

Edward
01-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Bad luck didn't make you pick a shitty major tbh.

leemajors
01-04-2014, 04:09 PM
the first thing you should stop doing is pitying yourself so damn much.

Edward
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
the first thing you should stop doing is pitying yourself so damn much.

:lol like that's ever gonna happen. It's actually doing him a favor to make fun of him because that way he can point to himself and say :crylook at me, I'm the victim:cry

DMC
01-04-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm not a true libertarian, brah. I just wish I could transfer my bad luck to my haters or some wealthy rapist or wealthy murderer. I would love to see some rich rapist or rich murderer finally get what they deserve just because they got my shit end of the stick bad luck. That is something that would me happy. I'd love to see a piece of shit like that have to deal with constant car trouble and 24/7 worrying over money. I would love that to death.

What misfortune caused you to pay for a liberal arts degree? Genetics?

Rogue
01-04-2014, 09:04 PM
you just need a more positive view of life imho. Sometimes I also feel hopeless in my life, I think I'm kinda wasting my time and parents' money on a shitty degree, giving efforts that would probably never pay off. But it's always our goddess who gives me the fortitude and lets me see the bright side of life. And maybe you also need a "goddess", a spiritual symbol that will help you battle the bad moods.

I used to live basically the same type of life as yours about 2 years ago, working at a fiddly shitty treadmill where everyday was like a torture to me, while apart from job our life styles are roughly identical. We're both lifelong celibates and neither of us has even touched a bitch's hand probably, so I can empathetically understand all your feelings and sufferings, which makes the different between me and other posters who're pretending to give you advice while in fact are just trolling around. You can be nonreligious but it doesn't mean you don't need any faith, imho.

Jacob1983
01-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I need to just relax and take a deep breath. I worry way too much about everything. I mean you would be shocked over the shit that I worry about. And yeah I need to be more positive.

lefty
01-05-2014, 02:26 AM
I need to just relax and take a deep breath. I worry way too much about everything. I mean you would be shocked over the shit that I worry about. And yeah I need to be more positive.
My nigga :tu

Rogue
01-05-2014, 05:51 AM
So quit that shitty job and start to try living a frugal life, maybe a few months of free time will do a world of good to you imho, because you can spend the time cogitating on your future life and what you should do next. And it's no shame to live with your parents, or not have a car. I remember a former neighbor who was a retired HS teacher, almost 80yrs old, he had a daughter who was above 40 and was still living with him and his wife. And of course, their daughter weren't ever married even in her 40s. I think that celibacy is soon gonna be the mainstream lifestyle of the 21st century, especially for men it is true. The old traditional structure of a family, which's based on marriage, is soon going to become history just like the hospitalized Michael Schumacher tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
01-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I just want a Nissan exterra and just want to get away. Trust me I am very frugal. I have a flip phone. I have one pair of shoes. I don't really have car cat since it's basically dead. It has a huge oil leak and the front of the engine is covered in grease, dirt, and oil. Scary to drive. Last week I thought it was going to blow up. Please don't make fun of my Mavs. Leave them out of this.
We've been had.

Samuel Eto'o
01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
We've been had.

:lol My first thought after that post too

Rogue
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
how's life at Chelsea, Samuel? You n Mourinho are buddies, aren't you?

Jacob1983
01-06-2014, 12:10 AM
What's wrong with wanting a Nissan exterra?

BUMP
02-13-2014, 01:01 AM
GoodOdor said this already, but if you refuse to go back to college since you've concluded it's worthless based off your anecdotal example (I'm not even gonna try pointing out how bad that logic is), then go to Alaska, North Dakota or even West Texas and work in oil drilling/transportation/etc.

:tu

i know Jacob will either ignore this/complain even more but for anyone else who's interested, you can make some sick money in ND working in the oilfields. [Over $100k with all the overtime and depending on the company] (Williston, ND is booming right now) It's pretty hard to not find a job up there because they're understaffed all over the place.

:lol I'm sure you could work fast food and make $17 an hour. The only hard part is finding a place to live since it's so overcrowded, but if you're determined you can find something and then re-evaluate your life after a few months.

Spur|n|Austin
02-13-2014, 09:18 AM
:tu

i know Jacob will either ignore this/complain even more but for anyone else who's interested, you can make some sick money in ND working in the oilfields. [Over $100k with all the overtime and depending on the company] (Williston, ND is booming right now) It's pretty hard to not find a job up there because they're understaffed all over the place.

:lol I'm sure you could work fast food and make $17 an hour. The only hard part is finding a place to live since it's so overcrowded, but if you're determined you can find something and then re-evaluate your life after a few months.

If I wasn't committed to a relationship and already in a solid career, I would definitely consider this. In all honesty though, can you see ole Jacob leaving Target to work in the ND Oilfields?

Blake
02-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Don't you need some kind of mechanical experience to work out in the field?

here's one for you Jacob:

http://www.ndoiljobs.com/featured-listings/ppe-warehouse-associate-mbi-energy

Not sure the pay, but your insurance is 100% covered

Rogue
02-13-2014, 10:28 AM
I think that if a job pays well and doesn't risk his life, it's at least worth a try for my nigga imho. Some jobs pay well but are dangerous as hell (like an Alaskan crab fisherman's job), but oil mining sounds just as safe as a pilot's job. The oil field might explode but the odd of that happening wouldn't be any higher than that of a Bowing-747 crashing into the ground on a sunny day tbh. Loneliness or boringness ain't no issue to celibates like him imho, those things are what we've long been inured to.

BUMP
02-13-2014, 10:29 AM
^definitely helps but not the case for entry level positions. Your starting salary doesn't look great on paper but you work your ass off/massive amounts of overtime and it comes out to >$60k a year. tbh i just got a job offer from a service company up there but it was for an engineering position since I have a degree in the field.

like i said though, if you can't get something in the field, you can make a good buck doing anything up there since they're having trouble getting workers to fill the other spots. :lol I've heard strippers make $2,000-$3,000 a night imho

Rogue
02-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Everytime I read about someone who was wrongly convicted and sent to prison, then a few years later was proven innocent and set free, and compensated millions of bucks... I felt envious as fuck. I was like why the hell can't I encounter such good luck? Celibates don't mind loneliness or whatever shit. I'd happily accept a job working in a fucking desert by myself as long as the job pays well. I mean, you don't need to come home everyday only to sleep with your pillow tbh.

BUMP
02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Gotta agree with det playa rogue, that post was as sweet as a jar of fresh pickle juice imho.

If you're Jacob, why not go work out in the middle of nowhere in a job that most ppl would turn down? It's not he's gonna miss out on a lucrative career and it's not like the absence of women are gonna affect him in any way

BUMP
02-13-2014, 12:03 PM

USonhiroshima.gif

I know whottt Jacob's problem is, and I guarantee you it started with parenting. I had to deal with the same BS. Some parents will spoonfeed you how the world really works at a young age, or others will try the smother/treat my kid like he's a prince route. I had the latter, unfortunately. Everytime I made a good grade on a test, got an award in something, etc. it was always "Great job! You deserve it, nobody worked as hard as you did!!" from them and their friends. So of course my ego would grow and then when something didn't go my way I would always be like ":cry It's not fair! Why me? :cry But I worked so hard! :cry"

Bullshit, what about Xing Chang Liu-Mang who slaves away in the China/Laos/Cambodian rice fields for 12-16 hours a day and can't even feed his family? He works twice as hard as I do, and gets much less. Fortunately, I saw how toxic that behavior was and grew out of it once I got to college and saw others from different backgrounds. Unfortunately, Jacob1983 is still in that mold, expecting lines of people to line up at his door and hand him an $80k job because he's the all mighty :worthy Jacob1983 :worthy

Like DoK said, as soon as he realizes that we're all just an insignificant part of human history, the better off he'll be.

Blake
02-13-2014, 12:55 PM
I've read a number of Jacob's posts too and another one of the things that he whines and cries about is the fact that he has a degree yet still assembles girls bicycles at Target.

I think he fell for the common misconception that I heard time and again myself growing up: "just get a degree and you'll get the job you want" or "you'll always have that degree to fall back on."

Nobody at Sallie Mae warned him that he won't be handed a CEO position just because he got a degree in History. It's a sad, common story, but it's salvageable if he were to pull his head out of his ass and do something about it.

But he won't. He'd prefer to whine about missing turkey and pumpkin pie because Black Friday is his master.

GoodOdor
02-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I've read a number of Jacob's posts too and another one of the things that he whines and cries about is the fact that he has a degree yet still assembles girls bicycles at Target.

I think he fell for the common misconception that I heard time and again myself growing up: "just get a degree and you'll get the job you want" or "you'll always have that degree to fall back on."

Nobody at Sallie Mae warned him that he won't be handed a CEO position just because he got a degree in History. It's a sad, common story, but it's salvageable if he were to pull his head out of his ass and do something about it.

But he won't. He'd prefer to whine about missing turkey and pumpkin pie because Black Friday is his master.

How much blame do you place on people in his position though?

Like you said, the current young adult generation was basically fed the mantra of "go to college and get any degree, you'll be making bank!", "don't worry about those 100k loans for your liberal arts degree, once you graduate you'll pay those back in no time!!!". I have some sympathy because when you're 18 and everyone is telling you to get those loans and go to college, you don't have the smarts/life experience to know any better....

But at the same time, maybe you should have done some research to find out that going 100k in debt for a women studies BA is not the best idea....

Blake
02-13-2014, 01:10 PM
How much blame do you place on people in his position though?

Like you said, the current young adult generation was basically fed the mantra of "go to college and get any degree, you'll be making bank!", "don't worry about those 100k loans for your liberal arts degree, once you graduate you'll pay those back in no time!!!". I have some sympathy because when you're 18 and everyone is telling you to get those loans and go to college, you don't have the smarts/life experience to know any better....

But at the same time, maybe you should have done some research to find out that going 100k in debt for a women studies BA is not the best idea....

It's definitely not all Jacob's fault.

I don't have any concrete evidence, but I think it's clear that high schools and guidance counselors do shitty jobs of telling kids they absolutely need a career and a specific degree in mind when signing up for classes.

GoodOdor
02-13-2014, 01:14 PM

I don't have any concrete evidence, but I think it's clear that high schools and guidance counselors do shitty jobs of telling kids they absolutely need a career and a specific degree in mind when signing up for classes.

I agree.

At the same time, I still believe that if you have the drive, you can get out of a hole even as big as Jacob's - but it ain't easy.

blah blah blah
02-13-2014, 01:23 PM

My experience with HS counselors was absolutely shitty. They were never up front it just seemed like if you asked what job you could get with your major, they just got lazy and put a throwaway "er" or "ist" onto the end.

Q: "What could I get with a Psychology degree?"

A: "You graduate and become a psychologist!"

Q: "What about a Geography degree?"

A: "You graduate and become a geographer and study the world!"

GoodOdor
02-13-2014, 01:44 PM
My experience with HS counselors was absolutely shitty. They were never up front it just seemed like if you asked what job you could get with your major, they just got lazy and put a throwaway "er" or "ist" onto the end.

Q: "What could I get with a Psychology degree?"

A: "You graduate and become a psychologist!"

Q: "What about a Geography degree?"

A: "You graduate and become a geographer and study the world!"

This shit goes all the way up to college job counselors - some advice you get from them about how to find a job once you graduate:

"go in and drop off your resume! demand to speak with a manager! call them everyday about the resume you dropped off"!!

This type of advice gets your resume thrown in the trash.......sure, there might be someone out there who got a job by walking in and asking to speak to someone, but in today's age

you gotta follow the correct protocols, tbh.

blah blah blah
02-13-2014, 01:50 PM
:lmao^ yeah that's a crock of shit. That whole "walk in and be a good 'ol boy, show em your hard working, genuine, and 'ol fashioned!" stuff doesn't work. Companies just want to see three things...

1) You're qualified (technical skills etc)
2) You're knowledegable about the job/industry that you're getting into
2) You're not a complete asshole and that they can work with you

GoodOdor
02-13-2014, 02:18 PM
:lmao^ yeah that's a crock of shit. That whole "walk in and be a good 'ol boy, show em your hard working, genuine, and 'ol fashioned!" stuff doesn't work. Companies just want to see three things...

1) You're qualified (technical skills etc)
2) You're knowledegable about the job/industry that you're getting into
2) You're not a complete asshole and that they can work with you

Pretty much, a big reason a college degree is still useful today is that companies assume that if you went through 4 years of schooling, there's a good chance you're not a complete fucktard.....of course people like Jacob still fall through the cracks, but for the most part you just have to behave like a normal human being and that already puts you ahead.

Rogue
02-13-2014, 08:52 PM
If my nigga Jacob could somehow convince himself to convert to either Johanssonism (the belief in our Goddess) or Koballah (belief in Kobe who's god), his life would turn around 180-degree immediately and would be better off soon, tbh. Dude just doesn't have no faith which's his biggest trouble, and that's the primary reason why he's stuck in a shitty job doing things he hates imho. I used to be in a similar situation, but thankfully I quit that shit quickly enough to save myself a career. It ain't too late for Jacob either, he's in his 30s but just like the proverb says, "A man is as old as he feels". Jacob is a MF'N badass celibate so age matters just as little to him as money does, imho. Dude can enjoy an ascetic life even without a job, but it would be great if he can live such a life while getting paid decent money doing a job of leisure in a remote desert or a beacon at the farthest tip of a continent. Most people don't choose those jobs because they'd be separate from their bitches for years, but that ain't no issue to Jacob since he doesn't have no bitch at all, never has had and never will. What's poison to other people might just be a flavor to Jacob (or any other celibate), imho.

Jacob1983
02-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Actually, I've been thinking about doing TESL lately. I want to get out of America and explore the world and think that might be my chance to do it. I agree with the "good ol boy show em' hard working" bit does not work during interviews. Companies want to know if you know what you're doing and if you are good at it. Other than those two things, they don't really give a shit about any other things. But anyways, I've been reading about how you don't have to have a lot of money to be considered rich in China. I would definitely consider going over there to work.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 03:16 AM
oi Jacob1983

have u tried gettin a job in the targets distribution center (logistics)? they get paid heaps..

down here someone full time can earn like 100k a year in its center...

Jacob1983
02-14-2014, 03:42 AM
Nope. I've been told by the boss of my store that I won't ever be allowed to be transfer to a different store or move up to a boss position. With that type of feedback, there's no point of trying to get that shit at Target.

Rogue
02-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Actually, I've been thinking about doing TESL lately. I want to get out of America and explore the world and think that might be my chance to do it. I agree with the "good ol boy show em' hard working" bit does not work during interviews. Companies want to know if you know what you're doing and if you are good at it. Other than those two things, they don't really give a shit about any other things. But anyways, I've been reading about how you don't have to have a lot of money to be considered rich in China. I would definitely consider going over there to work.
Excellent idea bro, chinks' schools are generally so stupid they'd reward you big money just for you being white imho (or being black, or anything else that's not yellow). I remember back in our highschool years there was an English teacher (a teacher that taught English) from UK and he himself was hardly a good English speaker because English was also a 2nd language to him as well. He was born in Pakistan (typical terrorist look) but immigrated to UK when he was young, and his accent sounded just as much like a terrorists as his face looked, no British accent at all... We got robbed either way though, since British accent sounds just as bad as any foreign accent. But it's easy to assume that the terrorist-inbred bastard earned more in China than he would've got paid in UK, otherwise who the hell wants to work in China?

Chinks have the money by which they even managed to lure some bigname soccer players into their shitty league (Anelka, Drogba, Barrios, Keita... just to name a few), not to say those former NBA players like Marbury and Agent0. And it wouldn't matter if you teach in college or in high school imho, sometimes high school teachers even get bigger salaries than college teachers in China (because of the notorious college entrance exams, a dogfight based on high school knowledge). College teachers are generally wealthier because they may work part-timely as private contractors to earn extra money (like DMC), which's even more than the salary imho.

BUMP
02-14-2014, 10:38 AM

i wouldn't really bank on being rich ( no pun intended) if you choose that route, but it will definitely give you some cool life experience and there's no reason why you couldn't do it. Just realize you'll probably miss out on the "American dream" that so many people in this country are drawn to like bugs to a light. As long as you can get over that, you're ahead of the game. Charge it do game! i said i said i saaaaiiiiidddddd

The :cry muh American Dream :cry is what anyway? Work your ass off and compete for the best jobs, stay in shape, and then marry some spoiled American girl who is looking to take advantage of all the hard work you put in while you roll the dice on possibly losing half of it in today's court system. 'Murica! Fuck yeah! Also, while you're making $100k a year minimum, you also have to stay in perfect shape, and spend time with the kids or else Tyrone will be making regular visits to your house. Now I'm all about det work hard part but not the latter.

tbh imho fwiw, Jason Witten no helmet, Bin Laden stepping to the pearly gates 3,000 firefighters waiting for him "Don't worry, we got this", etc.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3924102/hulk-hogan-shirt-rip-o.gif

Blake
02-14-2014, 11:29 AM

You can speak Chinese?

Blake
02-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Nope. I've been told by the boss of my store that I won't ever be allowed to be transfer to a different store or move up to a boss position. With that type of feedback, there's no point of trying to get that shit at Target.

that makes no sense

GoodOdor
02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
that makes no sense

Which part tbh? I can totally see how the boss won't give Jacob any promotions/raises due to his horrible attitude/competence, but at the same time he can't be bothered

looking to replace his positions since he gotta interview/train a new guy.

Blake
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
How can a boss keep someone from transferring to another Target

GoodOdor
02-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Why not tbh? he can probably tell the other branch that Jacob sucks and they won't approve it.

Blake
02-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I didn't realize Target had the luxury of treating people that actually want to work there that way.

I guess there must be a shit load of applications from Walmart workers trying to move a step up in life.

Spanklin
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Have you thought about picking up an outlet to vent your frustrations on the daily? You could get into pop to do that. It's really inspiring music and music to blow off steam, or music to get you pumped up, or music to make you think life is always great even when it is not.

Check out this trancy K to the P vid and tell me it doesn't do more to relax you and get away than an hour long massage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06FJbgIpCKc

02-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you need a dose of man the fuck up

02-14-2014, 06:39 PM
This shit goes all the way up to college job counselors - some advice you get from them about how to find a job once you graduate:

"go in and drop off your resume! demand to speak with a manager! call them everyday about the resume you dropped off"!!

This type of advice gets your resume thrown in the trash.......sure, there might be someone out there who got a job by walking in and asking to speak to someone, but in today's age

you gotta follow the correct protocols, tbh.

my mom's been working HR at Verizon for years and she always tells me to do that when going for a job.

GoodOdor
02-14-2014, 07:51 PM
my mom's been working HR at Verizon for years and she always tells me to do that when going for a job.

Your mom is retarded.

leemajors
02-14-2014, 07:56 PM

it really, really depends on what kind of job.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 08:28 PM

stop talkin shit, and posts pics of said mom

02-14-2014, 09:14 PM
it really, really depends on what kind of job.Definitely.

stop talkin shit, and posts pics of said mom

Rogue
02-14-2014, 09:29 PM
You can speak Chinese?
Truth, most them teachers teaching English in China can speak some basic chinese (like that Paki bastard in our high school) but I don't think it'd be that hard to comprehend a new language at a very basic level, and my nigga Jacob is smart enough to do so imho.

Reck
02-14-2014, 10:34 PM
I didn't realize Target had the luxury of treating people that actually want to work there that way.

I guess there must be a shit load of applications from Walmart workers trying to move a step up in life.

These type of jobs do.

They dont promote from within, when they do if at all is rare.

Retail is shit man. I used to work at a local Best Buy myself. Alot of work, very little pay off.

Rogue
02-14-2014, 11:01 PM
the entire low-tech service sector is pretty much shit imho, unless you somehow attain a managerial position which's just as hard as winning a Ph.D for us honest people who're loath to lick the boss's fat oily ass. I used to work at what some people may refer to as a "call center" where almost everyone complained about the heavy workload and the shitty pay, but why didn't those fucks just quit that shit right away like I did? Most of them had families to support, I thought, but luckily I ain't got no shit that could shackle me, so I got the fuck out of that rotten piece of shit and now I'm living a much happier life.

I just don't see how my nigga Jacob persuaded himself to work at such a shitty job (which he hates so bad) for so many years tbh. Nigga could just quit that shit and start living like a true badass despite his age, age ain't no issue to us celibates imho (when most of us are expected to live well past the 100 mark, like Zhang Sanfeng). Isaac Newton lived for 85yrs which was very rare back in his time, and of course, Newton was a lifelong celibate too.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-14-2014, 11:02 PM
i wouldn't really bank on being rich ( no pun intended) if you choose that route, but it will definitely give you some cool life experience and there's no reason why you couldn't do it. Just realize you'll probably miss out on the "American dream" that so many people in this country are drawn to like bugs to a light. As long as you can get over that, you're ahead of the game. Charge it do game! i said i said i saaaaiiiiidddddd

The :cry muh American Dream :cry is what anyway? Work your ass off and compete for the best jobs, stay in shape, and then marry some spoiled American girl who is looking to take advantage of all the hard work you put in while you roll the dice on possibly losing half of it in today's court system. 'Murica! Fuck yeah! Also, while you're making $100k a year minimum, you also have to stay in perfect shape, and spend time with the kids or else Tyrone will be making regular visits to your house. Now I'm all about det work hard part but not the latter.

tbh imho fwiw, Jason Witten no helmet, Bin Laden stepping to the pearly gates 3,000 firefighters waiting for him "Don't worry, we got this", etc.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3924102/hulk-hogan-shirt-rip-o.gif

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-14-2014, 11:04 PM
my mom's been working HR

:lmao there was no shot at the rest of your post being taken seriously after this
:lmao HR

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-14-2014, 11:05 PM
These type of jobs do.

Retail is shit man. I used to work at a local Best Buy myself. Alot of work, very little pay off.

Why would this be a surprise to anyone?

Chances are, if your job duties can be filled by a high school student, it's not gonna pay well.

Rogue
02-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Don't ever underestimate "high school students" bro. Someone whose highest academic achievement is a high school diploma may also earn 6 figures a year, and may even find out the exact address of a girl's home by the only clue of a picture that the girl posted on the internet, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Don't ever underestimate "high school students" bro. Someone whose highest academic achievement is a high school diploma may also earn 6 figures a year, and may even find out the exact address of a girl's home by the only clue of a picture that the girl posted on the internet, tbh.

just look at the ugly wankers on youtube who make a living from pulling faces...lol youtube

Reck
02-14-2014, 11:39 PM
just look at the ugly wankers on youtube who make a living from pulling faces...lol youtube

Google made sure you that doesn't happen anymore.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 11:46 PM
OP might as well buy shit at his workplace with employee discount and resell them on ebay or someeshit

Jacob1983
02-15-2014, 12:57 AM
I don't want to be filthy rich. I would just like to have more money so I'm not constantly worrying about money. When did that become a crime? Honestly, I mainly want to work overseas for the experience. I want to see and experience a new culture and way of life. How many people can they have done something like that? Your worth as a human being is increased if you tell people you have worked or work overseas and have proof to back it. The place where you work overseas also depends on your value increase. If you work in like Latvia, Estonia, Paraguay, or Laos, no one will give a fuck. However, if you work in China, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, Brazil, or Argentina then people will give you props. Got to stay away from spare countries if possible.

monosylab1k
02-15-2014, 01:06 AM
Your worth as a human being is increased if you tell people you have worked or work overseas and have proof to back it.

Even if that work is on a Somalian pirate ship?

Jacob1983
02-15-2014, 01:22 AM
Sure, why not.

02-15-2014, 03:00 AM
:lmao there was no shot at the rest of your post being taken seriously after this
:lmao HR
explain

Rogue
02-15-2014, 08:20 AM
nothing is worth risking your life imho, and i think that's part of the reason why you're a celibate. you don't have no sex because you know the risks of getting HIV from sex. Sex might be fun like some people describe it but it can also be very dangerous, that's why smart people would always avoid it at any cost. That's why the job of a beacon keeper (or something else that's safe, albeit boring as hell) should be a much better choice for you than a crab fisherman job. Leisure and safety should always be atop the priority list for a celibate when it comes to job selection imho, while money is the last thing that matters to us because we don't and will never have any bitch/kids to feed.

Blake
02-15-2014, 01:01 PM
These type of jobs do.

I've found that to be the truth in many places, but it's because employers don't want to promote an employee that excels at his position if it means it'll be hard to replace him.

In most cases, if you want to move up, you have to move out, imo

Blake
02-15-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't want to be filthy rich. I would just like to have more money so I'm not constantly worrying about money. When did that become a crime? Honestly, I mainly want to work overseas for the experience. I want to see and experience a new culture and way of life. How many people can they have done something like that? Your worth as a human being is increased if you tell people you have worked or work overseas and have proof to back it. The place where you work overseas also depends on your value increase. If you work in like Latvia, Estonia, Paraguay, or Laos, no one will give a fuck. However, if you work in China, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, Brazil, or Argentina then people will give you props. Got to stay away from spare countries if possible.

If you work at Tarçet in France, you really get props for that?

BUMP
02-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Your worth as a human being is increased if you tell people you have worked or work overseas and have proof to back it.

wut

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-15-2014, 05:28 PM
wut

:lmao he's so sure of whatever idea pops into his head

"I know, the problem is that I need to go work overseas!"

Jacob1983
02-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Target doesn't have stores in France. They only have stores in America and now Canada. Vermont is the only state that does not have a Target store. I don't see what's wrong with wanting to try something new and experience a different culture and area of the world.

Rogue
02-15-2014, 10:27 PM
My nigga Jacob is a true playa I saaaaiiiiiddd. While you guys are working yo asses off saving for a house and a wedding that your bitch demands, my nigga is considering trying something new and enriching his life experience. Jacob and Rogue are probably the only two posters on this site who have the brain power to emancipate their souls, tbh.

BUMP
02-15-2014, 10:50 PM
My nigga Jacob is a true playa I saaaaiiiiiddd. While you guys are working yo asses off saving for a house and a wedding that your bitch demands, my nigga is considering trying something new and enriching his life experience. Jacob and Rogue are probably the only two posters on this site who have the brain power to emancipate their souls, tbh.

fwiw i already said i aint about det wedding life.

and yes, you are right. being a virgin or w/e, Jacob actually has a big advantage over most people since he doesn't give a shit about women and can basically go wherever he wants tbh. people who's life revolves around getting laid will always be limited in what they can do.

Case in point. My dumbass former college roommate who will never amount to much in life because he can't focus on anything for more than 30 minutes without thinking about going out and getting girls. My first job out of college is one where I'll be working in the middle of nowhere, in a good position, good company, and good pay. I tell him all this and of course the first thing he says is ":cry but that means you'll never get laid, why would you take that job? :cry"

BUMP
02-15-2014, 11:12 PM
btw Rogue, what books would you recommend I read before attempting The Principia? Any of Bertrand Russell's stuff?

I tried diving into it head on and I got dominated worse than Mookie in a jumprope contest

leemajors
02-15-2014, 11:15 PM
fwiw i already said i aint about det wedding life.

and yes, you are right. being a virgin or w/e, Jacob actually has a big advantage over most people since he doesn't give a shit about women and can basically go wherever he wants tbh. people who's life revolves around getting laid will always be limited in what they can do.

Case in point. My dumbass former college roommate who will never amount to much in life because he can't focus on anything for more than 30 minutes without thinking about going out and getting girls. My first job out of college is one where I'll be working in the middle of nowhere, in a good position, good company, and good pay. I tell him all this and of course the first thing he says is ":cry but that means you'll never get laid, why would you take that job? :cry"

Where? My future brother in law graduated from tech in 2013 and has to work in BFE Oklahoma for oilco but can transfer after 2-3 years.

Rogue
02-15-2014, 11:43 PM
sorry bro, I haven't read many books in my life tbh :depressed The books I've read are mostly limited to those high school and college textbooks :depressed I'm currently reading a book titled "Panzer Leader" written by my nigga Heinz Guderian, there's free download of that book on the internet and you can easily find it tbh. But it isn't much about philosophy or math imho, more like a memoir.

Jacob1983
02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
To be honest, money and stress are the main reasons why I avoid intimacy/relationships. I can't afford to have a relationship financially and I couldn't handle the stress. I mean if it was just pure lust with fucking and some possible role playing ie the woman dressing up in some sexy costume(no dominatrix stuff) then yeah, why not?

Rogue
02-16-2014, 09:21 AM
To be honest, money and stress are the main reasons why I avoid intimacy/relationships. I can't afford to have a relationship financially and I couldn't handle the stress. I mean if it was just pure lust with fucking and some possible role playing ie the woman dressing up in some sexy costume(no dominatrix stuff) then yeah, why not?
Agree, bro. You ain't a Taoist like me (who needs virginity to cultivate his chi inside the body) so it wouldn't matter to fuck some hoes if you could get some "hit & run" chances, but the fact is most bitches wouldn't let you get away without paying. They take off their panties and will charge you a fee one way or another, unless you have a body of a bodybuilder's or look as handsome like big daddy Chandler.

Rogue
02-16-2014, 09:29 AM
btw Rogue, what books would you recommend I read before attempting The Principia? Any of Bertrand Russell's stuff?

I tried diving into it head on and I got dominated worse than Mookie in a jumprope contest
The only book I've read concerning philosophy is Tao Te Ching written by an ancient chinese philosopher known as Laozi (who was the only other person besides Zhang Sanfeng in china's, if not the entire human's history who is believed to have achieved immorality). It ain't about math at all but it is really a good book, and I've read it more than 10 times tbh. Too bad the translated version sucks asses just like most translated books, so if you wanna have a glimpse of it I'd be glad to translate several chapters of the book for you by myself. There ain't many people who believe in Taoism and speak good English at the same time, imho.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2014, 01:09 PM
As others have said it's time for a change. North Dakota is cold and depressing but a great chance to make a shit ton of money with little overhead. Also look at this as an opportunity to reinvent yourself. You'd be going to a new place where nobody knows you and you don't have to drag your emotional baggage there. You can assume a character or role and grow into it, then comeback home a changed man--full of confidence and some money in the bank.

BUMP
02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Where? My future brother in law graduated from tech in 2013 and has to work in BFE Oklahoma for oilco but can transfer after 2-3 years.

starting as a field engineer in North Dakota :lol

Jacob1983
02-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Most of the time, you got to have two things in life to get ahead in life: money and/or connections. I would consider checking out North Dakota. I've heard that the job market is pretty good in North Dakota and the cost of living is decent too. The only thing that would suck is the cold cold ass weather and isolation. I guess one of the positives would be being able to go to Canada and get some Canadian woman booty.

chequevera's Iguana
02-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Most of the time, you got to have two things in life to get ahead in life: money and/or connections..

3) and the right attitude/not being a total narcissist
4)the right degree helps too

I would consider checking out North Dakota. I've heard that the job market is pretty good in North Dakota .

that would be correct

and the cost of living is decent too.

that would be wrong

The only thing that would suck is the cold cold ass weather and isolation. I guess one of the positives would be being able to go to Canada and get some Canadian woman booty.

:cry you mean....i actually have to make sacrifices and work hard?! :cry

Jacob1983
02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
What you talkin about? My research had North Dakota at having an average cost of living with one of the lowest unemployment rates in America. And shut the fuck up, you ass fuck. I make sacrifices all the time. Try working in retail for 5 years and tell me how you like it.

the plane ride
02-17-2014, 07:40 PM
What you talkin about? My research had North Dakota at having an average cost of living with one of the lowest unemployment rates in America. And shut the fuck up, you ass fuck. I make sacrifices all the time. Try working in retail for 5 years and tell me how you like it.

are you being intentionally stupid? I imagine that he'll probably never have to work in retail for 5 years since he got a real degree and worked hard for it in order to avoid wasting his fucking time at target.

people like you are annoying. people have given you advice for 7 pages but you've either ignored it or complained that it's too hard. you want to be flown to singapore, dubai, china, greece tomorrow without doing any work. Tough shit, you're gonna have to work your ass off and pay your dues first. there's engineers who graduate college and worked much harder than you that have to settle for shitty entry level jobs for 2-3 years before they can even go anywhere. Some aren't even that fortunate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
robinlopez.gif

shaqondudley.gif

douchebaglakerfantakinghissunglassesoff.gif

etc

etc

etc

Rogue
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Most of the time, you got to have two things in life to get ahead in life: money and/or connections. I would consider checking out North Dakota. I've heard that the job market is pretty good in North Dakota and the cost of living is decent too. The only thing that would suck is the cold cold ass weather and isolation. I guess one of the positives would be being able to go to Canada and get some Canadian woman booty.
Celibacy is our BIGGEST advantage over other dick owners of our generation so I'd probably never consider giving it up, at least not considering it before I become a millionaire. Actually being close to bitches is probably one of the worst things that a celibate could imagine imho. I'm gonna skip the class this afternoon because only two guys (even with me included) would be attending it and I'd feel extremely uncomfortable sitting among pussies. So just leave that guy the fuck alone there (he's not a celibate so be probably doesn't care, he would pretty much like it I bet), and I'll have yet another whole day to spend posting on Spurstalk, YEAH!

Jacob1983
02-18-2014, 01:21 AM
I have paid my fuckin dues. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. My parents didn't pay a penny for my college degree so please do not tell me I have never worked my ass off or haven't paid my dues, you arrogant ass fuck.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 01:26 AM
I have paid my fuckin dues. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. My parents didn't pay a penny for my college degree so please do not tell me I have never worked my ass off or haven't paid my dues, you arrogant ass fuck.
10/10 trolljob, but I'll play along. You can live isolated, make nothing, and have room and board in prison too.

Take some chances, go somewhere else. You literally have nothing to lose except time, which you'll waste (and make this thread again in another 5 years) if you don't act.

Rogue
02-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Agree, my nigga has nothing to lose and everything to gain imho. TESL might be a solution for him and a possible way out of the current quagmire he's stuck in, because dumb chinks would be willing to pay him decent money (more than he would earn in the US at least) just for the fact that he is white. It's not like he'd only be considered rich in China, but he'll also return home with full pockets after several years teaching in China because the living cost here can be incredibly low (if you live a frugal life like I do).

Blake
02-18-2014, 11:09 AM

so you worked hard but not smart. We got that the first time.

I'm not sure what you're wanting to hear.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure what you're wanting to hear.
He basically wants to be told that he's getting a high-paying Fortune 500 job tomorrow without actually doing any of the work in advance to get that job.....

Keith Van Horn
02-18-2014, 01:50 PM
(and make this thread again in another 5 years)

I'm not much of a betting man but I strongly believe that there will be a favorable outcome that he's back here again in a few years

:cry it's too cowd in Nowth Dakota :cry

ChasingWithBible
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
hi

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 02:02 PM
hi
You're needed upstairs imo

Jacob1983
02-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Sometimes I feel like Kevin Costner toward the end of Field of Dreams. I built the baseball field but don't get invited to hang out with the Black Sox. What's in it for me?

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Sometimes I feel like Kevin Costner toward the end of Field of Dreams. I built the baseball field but don't get invited to hang out with the Black Sox. What's in it for me?

man if you were a female u can earn alot of money if ur willing to spread ur legs for a few years....

have ur college degree paid off, once u graduate, u probably have a few investment properties under ur name, come out in better position then most graduates

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2014, 10:31 PM
hi

Sup

Blake
02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
man if you were a female u can earn alot of money if ur willing to spread ur legs for a few years....

have ur college degree paid off, once u graduate, u probably have a few investment properties under ur name, come out in better position then most graduates

You're assuming he's at least half way good looking.

DJR210
02-20-2014, 12:06 PM
You're assuming he's at least half way good looking.

He can always put his asshole in front of a glory hole.

Jacob1983
03-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Family can be very toxic. I have learned that in the last 12 months. Some of my relatives are some of the shittiest judgmental hypocritical human beings on this planet.
I have come up with two solutions: somehow get a large or decent amount of money or get as far away from here as possible.

I mean seriously, have any of your brothers or sisters told you that they thought about shooting you or told you to have fun being homeless asshole?

I got to get away from this toxic shit as soon as possible.

spurraider21
03-19-2014, 03:27 AM
i'm gna come off like a complete ass, but stop making excuses for yourself/blaming others, etc

Jacob1983
03-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Been told that a million times.

xmas1997
03-19-2014, 05:15 AM
Life owes no one anything.
You should have learned that hard lesson long ago and proceeded accordingly.
As someone else already said, you have only yourself to blame.
Don't complain to us.

Blake
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Family can be very toxic. I have learned that in the last 12 months. Some of my relatives are some of the shittiest judgmental hypocritical human beings on this planet.
I have come up with two solutions: somehow get a large or decent amount of money or get as far away from here as possible.

I mean seriously, have any of your brothers or sisters told you that they thought about shooting you or told you to have fun being homeless asshole?

Solution 3: ignore them and go back to school

become a teacher. Make $45k and move out.

Rogue
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM

family might be just as toxic to themselves they have to work hard like dogs raising their kids, saving money to buy new silk purses for their bitches who're playing with neighbors' black dicks all day. If I could get a job of good leisure/pay, like a beacon keeper job, I'd take that shit in a blink. I don't fucking mind staying on an island 365 days a year as long as I have a computer and access to the internet.

We have to be always aware that we have a huge advantage over most of them guys our age, which is that we're celibates and we can abstain from pussies.

Jacob1983
03-19-2014, 11:53 PM
I just feel like I'm selling myself short by staying in the area that I've spent the majority of my life in. There is more to life than Collin County.

Das Texan
03-20-2014, 01:39 AM
I just feel like I'm selling myself short by staying in the area that I've spent the majority of my life in. There is more to life than Collin County.

stop being a fucking emo ass pussy and move then.

Jacob1983
03-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I need some monies to do that.