PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Spurs guard Tony Parker under fire for 'quenelle' gesture, alleged anti-Semitism

NASpurs
12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/spurs-parker-fire-anti-semitic-quenelle-gesture-article-1.1561092

The Knicks and Nets both visit the San Antonio Spurs this week, where the story could be more serious than just a tale of two bad teams facing a title contender.

Spurs star guard Tony Parker (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Tony+Parker) came under fire on Sunday for his alleged use of an anti-Semitic gesture described as a “reverse” Nazi salute. Parker was asked by the Simon Wiesenthal Center to apologize.

French media outlets published a photo taken earlier this year of the French-born Parker doing the “quenelle,” as it is known, at the side of Dieudonne, a comedian and accused anti-Semite who coined the gesture, according to The Algemeiner, a New York-based newspaper that covers Jewish and Israel-related topics. The Spurs host the Nets on Tuesday and the Knicks on Thursday.

“It’s the Nazi salute in reverse,” Roger Cukierman, leader of the French partner of the World Jewish Congress, told Reuters.

RELATED: FRENCH SOCCER PLAYER FACES GIVE-GAME BAN OVER ALLEGED NAZI SALUTE

Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish human rights group named after the Nazi hunter, urged Parker on Sunday to “apologize for his past use of the quenelle ‘Nazi’ salute,” according to the Algemeiner.

“As a leading sports figure on both sides of the Atlantic, Parker has a special moral obligation to disassociate himself from a gesture that the government of France has identified as anti-Semitic,” Cooper said.

Parker, 31, was photographed in September and October by French media outlets making the gesture backstage at Dieudonne’s concerts.

The NBA, along with the Spurs, had no immediate comment. Parker had 22 points in nearly 36 minutes in a comeback 112-104 win over the visiting Kings on Sunday night.

The Parker news came a day after French soccer star Nicolas Anelka was heavily criticized for his use of the same gesture following his goal for West Bromwich Albion in Saturday’s 3-3 draw at West Ham in the English Premier League.

Anelka was seen pointing his right arm down and laying his left hand near his right shoulder to make the gesture. Anelka tried to explain away the salute by saying it was nothing more than a homage to Dieudonne, his friend, but the action was condemned by French Sports Minister Valerie Fourneyron. And the European Jewish Congress requested that Anelka be disciplined by the English authorities, CNN reported Sunday.

Dieudonne has been fined for inciting racial hatred and hate speech on several occasions

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcmO7N-CYAADZck.jpg

NASpurs
12-30-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sure the Nazi brigade in this forum will love this. :lol

Thread
12-30-2013, 11:39 AM
If a white man ain't holding the dirty end of the stick it don't count.

Katherine Robinson
12-30-2013, 11:41 AM
If a white man ain't holding the dirty end of the stick it don't count.

This is true, Dale. Only a white human being can be accused of any wrongdoing. If you are a shade off white, you are immediately a victim.

Splits
12-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Definitely now my favorite Spur. Big ups to TP.

TDMVPDPOY
12-30-2013, 12:29 PM
lol the wankers upstairs they know who they are after the battle of words protecting this faggot from my tbombs...are in hiding one of their own is making fun of them...

AchillesHeel
12-30-2013, 01:01 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/38/1366388389764.jpg

PlayNando
12-30-2013, 01:04 PM
This racist hero ball racist wanker anti-Semite tbh.

MolaMola790
12-30-2013, 03:29 PM
parker is half white, does that count?

lefty
12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Dieudonné, my nigga!

apalisoc_9
12-30-2013, 03:58 PM
It's ok to inslut whites, It's ok kill arabs, it's ok to call black degenerates...But the Jews, damn even the slightest.

HI-FI
12-30-2013, 04:07 PM

:lol

m>s going to start repping no. 9

Clipper Nation
12-30-2013, 05:05 PM
At very least, Parker is a complete dumbfuck for doing this gesture, inviting media backlash, and creating a distraction for his team, tbh.... couple that with the wife-swapping incident, the heroballing, and his threats of walking to the Knicks and he looks like a real douchebag, imho....

Of course, upstairs is in full Church of Parker meltdown mode - :cry "Greatest point guard who ever lived! He didn't know! People are too sensitive!" :cry

Thread
12-30-2013, 05:06 PM
It's ok to inslut whites, It's ok kill arabs, it's ok to call black degenerates...But the Jews, damn even the slightest.

Yep.

HI-FI
12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
At very least, Parker is a complete dumbfuck for doing this gesture, inviting media backlash, and creating a distraction for his team, tbh.... couple that with the wife-swapping incident, the heroballing, and his threats of walking to the Knicks and he looks like a real douchebag, imho....

Of course, upstairs is in full Church of Parker meltdown mode - :cry "Greatest point guard who ever lived! He didn't know! People are too sensitive!" :cry
yes, probably why people like lefty or me post more down here. you comment on his douchey moments and get a bunch of gay feedback.
Parker has several notable moments of doing dumb shit or heroballing us into trouble yet it's forgiven because he's our :cry leader.

I don't really care if he's antisemitic or not, though it is a bigger issue in France. I don't hate Jews, sort of respect them but I don't always trust them either.

Thebesteva
12-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Leave Tony Parker alone! :'( ' ' ' ' '

Rogue
12-30-2013, 07:58 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrzVFMhoXqaFtQ2ZheaMnLJlEX27ke2 zNHeqlLVWf4Y_Dc4Qe9QlUoJC8Kiw

the fuckers are oversensitive imho. my nigga Anelka did that gesture right on the pitch and it doesn't mean nothing but a gesture.

Budkin
12-30-2013, 08:01 PM
got damn nadzys

timtonymanu
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Parker's a douchebag off the court. There's no denying it.

Reck
12-30-2013, 08:19 PM
“While this gesture has been part of French culture for many years, it was not until recently that I learned of the very negative concerns associated with it. When l was photographed making that gesture three years ago, I thought it was part of a comedy act and did not know that it could be in any way offensive or harmful. Since I have been made aware of the seriousness of this gesture, I will certainly never repeat the gesture and sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding or harm relating to my actions. Hopefully this incident will serve to educate others that we need to be more aware that things that may seem innocuous can actually have a history of hate and hurt.”

Wait, that pic was taken 3 years ago or is Tony trying to down play this stunt? :lol

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 09:04 PM

:lmao

God Spurs fans love to hate their players. I've never seen anything like it (outside of Philly).

timtonymanu
12-30-2013, 09:46 PM

God Spurs fans love to hate their players. I've never seen anything like it (outside of Philly).

Guess calling him a douche for the Erin Barry situation means I'm hating on him. I'm a fan of Parker on the court. :lol

I'm not gonna pretend he's a saint off the court.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Guess calling him a douche for the Erin Barry situation means I'm hating on him. I'm a fan of Parker on the court. :lol

I'm not gonna pretend he's a saint off the court.

You also don't know the entire story.

I guess it's easy to hand wave and make generalizations about stuff like that but it's always way more complicated than you'll ever hear about on TMZ. Maybe Eva treated him like shit and he'd had enough? Maybe Brent's wife was seriously unhappy?

I think there's a pretty thick line between, massive douchecanoe and "saint". Just because Parker isn't the latter doesn't mean he's got to be the former.

rayjayjohnson
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM

wow. :lmao

rayjayjohnson
12-30-2013, 11:48 PM
You also don't know the entire story.

I guess it's easy to hand wave and make generalizations about stuff like that but it's always way more complicated than you'll ever hear about on TMZ. Maybe Eva treated him like shit and he'd had enough? Maybe Brent's wife was seriously unhappy?

I think there's a pretty thick line between, massive douchecanoe and "saint". Just because Parker isn't the latter doesn't mean he's got to be the former.

brent's wife >>>>> longoria.

also, :lol @ spurfans salty over calling out the dirty frenchman's philandering.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2013, 11:53 PM
brent's wife >>>>> longoria.

also, :lol @ spurfans salty over calling out the dirty frenchman's philandering.

Not too salty. :hat It's just silly how wrapped up people get in shit like that.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2013, 12:25 AM
i dont buy that bs excuse he didnt know better 3 years, is that the same excuse he use 3 years ago for his off the court shenanigans with brents ex?

if this shit gets blown up in the media, i can really see it affecting the spurs season like that year....

i say fck him for tarnishing another season as usual, but i give credit where credit is due...he has a point if his hating a certain race taking over his country, buut whose to blame since the french are known to be easy people who would bend over and take it in the rear since nobody listens to theirs cries anyway

AaronY
12-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Never knew TP was an STer

PlayNando
12-31-2013, 01:14 AM
The wanker fks teammates' wives, ffs, tbh.

PlayNando
12-31-2013, 01:14 AM

Do you think sleeping with teammates' wives makes him a nice person or something?

Biernutz
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Nothing is going to happen... It's over with when he apologized. All the Laker haters move on.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/575.gif

Arnold Toht
12-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Good.

Jacob1983
12-31-2013, 03:37 AM
If this was Bonner, the media would have already destroyed his life and taken his well earned ring away from him.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2013, 04:05 AM
Nothing is going to happen... It's over with when he apologized. All the Laker haters move on.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/575.gif

is it me or does that faggot look like tony in his previous life?

Thread
12-31-2013, 06:37 PM
If this was Bonner, the media would have already destroyed his life and taken his well earned ring away from him.

Yep.

PlayNando
01-01-2014, 02:05 AM
I see this discussion has been silenced by the Ruling Party upstairs, so let's carry on down here.

Jacob1983
01-01-2014, 02:32 AM
Who gives a shit? Instead of this manufactured controversy, shouldn't people be saying "Tony, why did you screw Brent Barry's wife while you were on the same team"? I mean seriously, where is team loyalty? How can you bang your teammate's wife?

PlayNando
01-01-2014, 03:20 AM
If the Spurs are supposedly built on character, selflessness, etc., why does Pop allow Tony to fk teammates' wives without any punishment, tbh? It seems like this Hero clown gets to play by his own rules.

Thread
01-01-2014, 06:07 AM
shouldn't people be saying "Tony, why did you screw Brent Barry's wife while you were on the same team"? I mean seriously, where is team loyalty? How can you bang your teammate's wife?

TE
01-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Post of the year material, tbh:lmao

:lol

m>s going to start repping no. 9
probably if the white n!gger is still alive... that flu apparently got him good, tbh.

Who gives a shit? Instead of this manufactured controversy, shouldn't people be saying "Tony, why did you screw Brent Barry's wife while you were on the same team"? I mean seriously, where is team loyalty? How can you bang your teammate's wife?
Because he can do that shit. TP9 is the Pepé Le Pew of the NBA. He doesn't take no for a fucking answer homeboy (Kobe notwithstanding).

irishock
01-01-2014, 06:24 AM
Bill Parker doing what Bill Parker does :tu

Rogue
01-01-2014, 10:07 AM
same shit happened in Chelsea's locker room as well. John Terry is a notorious macdaddy and I'd be surprised if wayne bridge was his only victim, and dude's family is a crime lord in UK. Say even after he retires from soccer he'll still be garnering tons of dirty money from all those illegal businesses his family runs tbh.

SupremeGuy
01-01-2014, 12:57 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/38/1366388389764.jpgOMFG yes! :lmao