PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Marc Stein has us 5th in the latest NBA Rankings

mute
12-30-2013, 08:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

I can't say I necessarily disagree since we are 0-7 against the other 6 teams in the top 7 (excluding us). What are your thoughts?

If it's any consolation, SI has us ranked #4.

Robz4000
12-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Didn't realize you were on the team...

RD2191
12-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Sounds about right.

mute
12-30-2013, 08:51 PM

What are you talking about? I wish I were on the team lol and i might have had a realistic shot had I not gotten injured

Arcadian
12-30-2013, 09:06 PM

...Really? Are you seriously going to respond to every single post on this forum that uses "we" in reference to one's team of choice in a sarcastic gesture of technicality? Good luck with that - almost everyone does it at some time or another.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
...Really? Are you seriously going to respond to every single post on this forum that uses "we" in reference to one's team of choice in a sarcastic gesture of technicality? Good luck with that - almost everyone does it at some time or another.

Robz's pretty dull for a bold :rollin IMHO Arcadian should get Robz's bold status given the sheer stupidity and inanity of Robz's post, tbh

Robz4000
12-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Robz's pretty dull for a bold :rollin IMHO Arcadian should get Robz's bold status given the sheer stupidity and inanity of Robz's post, tbh

Tbh you're one of the worst posters on this site so hearing anything about bad posting from you is hilarious.

Robz4000
12-30-2013, 09:27 PM

First time I've ever done it and it was more out of spite for mute spamming the forum with retarded takes/useless posts. Also, :lmao Steelers

hooperflash
12-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Thinks he had a shot at making the team..

Kidd K
12-30-2013, 09:47 PM

The biggest misconception you can have here would be to assume name boldness means anything. Bolded's quality of takes are just as bad or worse than everyone else's. The only difference between them and everyone else is that they like to pretend they're more important than other posters.

Robz4000
12-30-2013, 09:56 PM
The biggest misconception you can have here would be to assume name boldness means anything. Bolded's quality of takes are just as bad or worse than everyone else's. The only difference between them and everyone else is that they like to pretend they're more important than other posters.

This tbh. Being bolded is more of a sign of longevity than anything. If you've been here awhile and active you'll be bolded eventually unless your takes are absolute garbage.

unforeseen
12-30-2013, 10:02 PM
I would think the Rockets would of been higher than the Spurs since they already beat them twice this season.

Kool Bob Love
12-30-2013, 10:42 PM

Shut the fuck up you little beta shit.

:lmao JK bro.:toast

tmtcsc
12-30-2013, 10:44 PM
The Spurs should climb up within the next couple of weeks. Portland lost their 2nd in a row and will likely drop their 3rd tomorrow. Actually, I hope they beat the Thunder but none of this really means much. The Spurs are a savvy team and know that if they stay healthy, they will put themselves in good playoff positions. The regular season is nothing but an extended preseason. Take all losses and victories with a grain of salt. Its a whole different game in the playoffs.

Budkin
12-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Spot on placement for right now. They don't deserve anything higher after that Christmas game.

Kidd K
12-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Shut the fuck up you little beta shit.

:lmao JK bro.:toast

:nope

:lol

mute
12-31-2013, 12:59 AM
Thinks he had a shot at making the team..

i never said i was going to be a star or anything, all i said was that there was a possibility i could have made the NBA the team had i not gotten injured (mostly because i would signed with the spurs for pennies, wanting to play under pop)

Arcadian
12-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Tbh you're one of the worst posters on this site so hearing anything about bad posting from you is hilarious.

Good thing I don't give a fuck about "being a good poster."

:lol anyone who cares about reputation on an internet forum

edit: I mistakenly thought the above quote was directed at me. Nonetheless, my statement stands. (However, as far as good posting goes, jars has proven to be one of the few intelligent human beings on this forum.)

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 01:30 AM
we probably deserve the 5 spot until we start beating teams ahead of us

Robz4000
12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Good thing I don't give a fuck about "being a good poster."

:lol anyone who cares about reputation on an internet forum

edit: I mistakenly thought the above quote was directed at me. Nonetheless, my statement stands. (However, as far as good posting goes, jars has proven to be one of the few intelligent human beings on this forum.)

All I have to do is look at the first page of the Spurs forum to dispute that.

:cry Will Manu ever score 20 points again :cry

RD2191
12-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Oh god, mute pulling an Uncle Rico "I could've gone pro".

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 01:51 AM
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains.....Yeah, coach woulda put me in the fourth quarter we'd a been state champions no doubt, no doubt in my mind

Holden_Caulfield
12-31-2013, 02:03 AM
is it the playoffs yet:sleep

RD2191
12-31-2013, 03:00 AM
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains.....Yeah, coach woulda put me in the fourth quarter we'd a been state champions no doubt, no doubt in my mind

Lmfao

Kidd K
12-31-2013, 06:16 AM
Opinion rankings never really matter that much. Hollinger's rankings are more accurate imo since there's a strict logic behind it, not wishy washy stuff like, "oh these dudes beat these dudes recently so they're better", while ignoring everything else.

Hollinger's formula has us 3rd right now, though we're noticably behind the Thunder and Pacers who are 1st and 2nd. They're 3 and 4 rating points above us. If we dropped 3 points we'd be 9th in the league, so there's a pretty large gap between us and the two top teams in each conference. We're above the other contenders right now though, but by less than a point on the next 4 big contenders after us.

We're not doing as well as we could be or as fans should want them to be at. . .but it's early. No reason to be too concerened unless the gap between us and the top two teams is still that large. Good news is, we likely won't have to face anyone ranked above us until the WCF and Finals, so the Spurs are still a good bet to make it at least to the WCF unless some team gets real lucky from three on us before then. I don't think the other west contenders match up that well in any particular way besides the high efficiency three ball that the top 5 west teams all seem to have.

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2013, 10:31 AM
is it the playoffs yet:sleep

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 10:37 AM
:lol ranking Portland over Spurs

Holy shit, Clippers were actually ranked above us last week?

hooperflash
12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
i never said i was going to be a star or anything, all i said was that there was a possibility i could have made the NBA the team had i not gotten injured (mostly because i would signed with the spurs for pennies, wanting to play under pop)

playmute freemute