PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: looking to trade MVPau for Bynum

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 06:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10220178/los-angeles-lakers-cleveland-cavaliers-talk-pau-gasol-andrew-bynum-trade

The Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers have had discussions on a trade that would involve Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, league sources told ESPN.com.

No deal is believed to be imminent, but both sides are mulling it over ahead of a Jan. 7 deadline when the second half of Bynum's $12.25 million salary would be guaranteed. The Cavs suspended Bynum for one game this weekend for conduct detrimental to the team and have excused him indefinitely from all activities, including games.

By trading Gasol in a package for Bynum and then waiving him, the injury-ravaged Lakers could save more than $20 million in salaries and luxury taxes, which could help them maintain financial flexibility heading into the next few summers. A Gasol-Bynum trade would have to include at least one other player and perhaps other assets from Cleveland.

LkrFan
12-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Saw this c:lolming.

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 06:17 AM
They have probably been planning this for some time now, and Cleveland will be desperate enough to give the Lakers a pick and a solid player in return if the rumors that Bynum banged an assistant coach's wife are true.

LkrFan
12-31-2013, 06:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l28xor2 + 2015 1st should do it. :tu

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 06:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l28xor2 + 2015 1st should do it. :tu

Link doesn't work, but here's what I thought

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kc3omu5

+ a pick.

LkrFan
12-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Link doesn't work, but here's what I thought

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kc3omu5

+ a pick.

:lmao - that's the exact trade I proposed, but my computer is tripping. Sorry ass g:lolvernment c:lolmputers! :bang

:lol

The Lakers may actually stretch Nash, get Pau's contract off the books, and even waive Bynum if his health doesn't check out (quite possible tbh). The key is us getting draft picks. We have our own already. If we can get more it will help the rebuild that much faster.

This trade makes sense for both sides. EC is a bust for Cavs, but excelled for MDA. They may give up some draft pics due to that massive $19M expiring sweetner. Plus MVPau can help them during their playoff drive this year.

UZER
12-31-2013, 06:57 AM
Will Kobe post more bff twitter pics of him and pau?

Thebesteva
12-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Its like a fucking infection without antibiotics

http://i.imgur.com/FGFRogQ.gif

Katherine Robinson
12-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Cut out the only one slowing down the tank job and probably get a pick, would be a good idea on paper.

Thread
12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
"The Cavs, who have been struggling, are looking to upgrade their roster as they attempt to end a three-year playoff drought."

& they're going to initiate that upgrade via Gasol? First they give us a hand down by taking Brown in, now this. This has got NYC written all over it.

Double-Up
12-31-2013, 08:57 AM
:lmao - that's the exact trade I proposed, but my computer is tripping. Sorry ass g:lolvernment c:lolmputers! :bang

Welfare money spent on a computer doesn't make it a government computer you ignorant fuck. :lol

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 09:00 AM
People over LG are asking for Kyrie and/or Waiters :lmao

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 10:01 AM
:lmao every time you think they've hit rock bottom, they go a little deeper. The past 14 months have been a delight.

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:02 AM
:lmao every time you think they've hit rock bottom, they go a little deeper. The past 14 months have been a delight.

Please. You've been ringless just like us the last 14 months.

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Please. You've been ringless just like us the last 14 months.

But i've still got The Skunker of 2011 to look back on. You guys have to go back over 20 years to remember the last time you bested us.

baseline bum
12-31-2013, 10:05 AM
The Skunker!

Buddy Mignon
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
:lmao every time you think they've hit rock bottom, they go a Iittle deeper. The past 14 months have been a delight.

Dirk got married in Kenya... to a Kenyan!!! That German has got black babies on the way. I'm sure you're delighted over that as well.

Buddy Mignon
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
:lmao every time you think they've hit rock bottom, they go a Iittle deeper. The past 14 months have been a delight.

Dirk got married in Kenya... to a Kenyan!!! That German has got black babies on the way. I'm sure you're delighted over that as well.

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 10:08 AM
But i've still got The Skunker of 2011 to look back on. You guys have to go back over 20 years to remember the last time you bested us.

Mono.

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:16 AM

& I got:::

Kobe: 5

Dirk: like 1

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 10:24 AM

Let's look at this season. Who would you rather have on your team right now?

a) Kobe Bryant - making 30 million, missing most of the season and averaging 14 TOSB points per game on 42,5% shooting or
b) Dirk - making 22 million, averaging 21 points on 49/40/92 shooting and leading his team to the playoffs

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Let's look at this season. Who would you rather have on your team right now?

a) Kobe Bryant - making 30 million, missing most of the season and averaging 14 TOSB points per game on 42,5% shooting or
b) Dirk - making 22 million, averaging 21 points on 49/40/92 shooting and leading his team to the playoffs

Kobe. He's got 2 during that contract, back-to-back. Dirk only has like 1.

& your Duncan is the tired old shit bag. You had a chance to pass the bag to Kobe, but, you fucked up.

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 10:29 AM

& your Duncan is the tired old shit bag. You had a chance to pass the bag to Kobe, but, you fucked up.

I said right now. Evading my question.

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 10:31 AM

Theodore is averaging more points per game than Kirby and he's 37 years old and a fucking Center, Culburn.

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 10:54 AM

And yet Kobe's never bested Dirk. Didn't even get a single game on him.

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 10:56 AM
That was one of the most embarrassing playoff series I've ever seen. The coaches and players in LaLa were completely demoralized. Phil received the proper send off imo.

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Theodore is averaging more points per game than Kirby and he's 37 years old and a fucking Center, Culburn.

I know, but, I invented TOSB and I get the say. Maybe next June.

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
And yet Kobe's never bested Dirk. Didn't even get a single game on him.

is besting him. That's how you, best, Mono.

Just how retarded are you?

Thread
12-31-2013, 10:58 AM
That was one of the most embarrassing playoff series I've ever seen. The coaches and players in LaLa were completely demoralized. Phil received the proper send off imo.

Only 6 trumped it. ha, ha.

AchillesHeel
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM

Kirby got swept when he went up against Dirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OQGFi_hLwM

At home, Culburn?

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Only 6 trumped it. ha, ha.

Nah, not even close really. Scrotum and Bynum losing it, Phil losing his team which was sort of unprecedented. Kobias having his hopes of MJ shattered. You guys never had a shot, Dirk hit the switch and went super hero mode. That drubbing is far worse, with your daddy getting sent off like a no name peon fresh out of the fields impersonating a coach.

Thread
12-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Nah, not even close really. Scrotum and Bynum losing it, Phil losing his team which was sort of unprecedented. Kobias having his hopes of MJ shattered. You guys never had a shot, Dirk hit the switch and went super hero mode. That drubbing is far worse, with your daddy getting sent off like a no name peon fresh out of the fields impersonating a coach.

I'm not going to punish you, Addict. Your people are just now, six months after the fact coming to terms with what happened last June. For me to kick you now would be wrong. Carry on, oh wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done. Lay to rest your weary head, and don't you cry no more.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Why would CLE give up a pick to help save the Lakers 20M, especially since Pau is an expiring contract and could leave after just a half of a season?

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 11:39 AM

Dirk: 4
Kobe: 0

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Why would CLE give up a pick to help save the Lakers 20M, especially since Pau is an expiring contract and could leave after just a half of a season?

you'll have plenty of time get butthurt...calm down and eat a shrimp burrito

Buddy Mignon
12-31-2013, 11:47 AM

6 went down as the biggest choke job in the history of mankind. With so much on the line you guys shriveled like prunes. I will go as far as saying that 2010 beatdown sweep the Suns put on you guys was worse than us losing to the Mavs coming off a back to back.

Buddy Mignon
12-31-2013, 11:47 AM

6 went down as the biggest choke job in the history of mankind. With so much on the line you guys shriveled like prunes. I will go as far as saying that 2010 beatdown sweep the Suns put on you guys was worse than us losing to the Mavs coming off a back to back.

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:04 PM

I already questioned it. Yer late. I said it first. Don't even start.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Please show me where you referenced the details..

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
I already questioned it. Yer late. I said it first. Don't even start.

For some reason Clev covets Gasol and has for awhile..no one ever accused Dan Gilbert of being a genuis..this could be a windfall for us....

Bill_Brasky
12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Dirk > Kirby

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Please show me where you referenced the details..

[[[[[["The Cavs, who have been struggling, are looking to upgrade their roster as they attempt to end a three-year playoff drought."

& they're going to initiate that upgrade via Gasol? First they give us a hand down by taking Brown in, now this. This has got NYC written all over it.]]]]]]

I'm first, motherfucker. ha, ha.

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Dignity, your franchise has none. See scrotum and Bynum. See Kobias flailing his arms purposely and elbows to discourage players closing out on his jump shot and consequently injuring players. See Kobias running the diesel out of town. See Kobias snitching to the Feds about The Diesel which had nothing to do with his rape situation. See Fredo, well, you get the picture. Can't handle an L on the court, and can't handle an L off the court. Sad really, tbh quite frankly etc.

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Dignity, your franchise has none. See scrotum and Bynum. See Kobias flailing his arms purposely and elbows to discourage players closing out on his jump shot and consequently injuring players. See Kobias running the diesel out of town. See Kobias snitching to the Feds about The Diesel which had nothing to do with his rape situation. See Fredo, well, you get the picture. Can't handle an L on the court, and can't handle an L off the court. Sad really, tbh quite frankly etc.

Please. Your Neal raped. Your players swap wives. Your Duncan is queer. Pop conspired to steal players from other teams by having them quit, only to be done that-a-way when Jackson quit on him! You've nary room.

jeebus
12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Dirk > Kirby
and it's not even close

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Nope - you didn't reference any money nor the specifics of Gasol's contract. You made a typical, non-thought out response that provided no substance or details to the casual reader.

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Nope - you didn't reference any money nor the specifics of Gasol's contract. You made a typical, non-thought out response that provided no substance or details to the casual reader.

BS. I handed up the charter indictment. Don't even try it, Deeps. I'm not fucking around. This is big time, baby.

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Kirby got swept when he went up against Dirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OQGFi_hLwM

At home, Culburn?
:lol mothers day massacre

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 12:25 PM
:lol mothers day massacre

it's not until Dirk (1) and Duncan (4) combine their rings do they get a set at the table with Kobe (5) :hat

Expert
12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Please. Your Neal raped. Your players swap wives. Your Duncan is queer. Pop conspired to steal players from other teams by having them quit, only to be done that-a-way when Jackson quit on him! You've nary room.
do you think its wrong to be homosexual?

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:28 PM
do you think its wrong to be homosexual?

I think it's more of a sexual state than a lifestyle, but, yes, it's wrong.

Expert
12-31-2013, 12:29 PM
I think it's more of a sexual state than a lifestyle, but, yes, it's wrong.
why is it wrong?

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 12:29 PM

I've seen teams lose and get beat...but never hand a title back because they couldn't hold it and had to shit in the final comments of the game

Expert
12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
in my opinion, to be honest, for what it's worth, the biggest disappointment comes from having great expectations and having them not come to fruition. That perfectly describes the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers team. However it more accurately describes the 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers team. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, that team was stacked and every expert out there except me expected them to at least make the Western Conference Finals.

no one expected the San Antonio Spurs to even make the Western Conference Finals again except Homer San Antonio fans. The fact that they made the finals is remarkable however expectations increased based on in game situations and those are false expectations because the team is only as good as it is and it cannot get better simply based on the situation. if the Spurs won that, that would be one of the greatest upsets in sports history. So you cannot take that concept and morph it into a great disappointment when you lose.

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 12:33 PM

Mostly hearsay what you're spouting. Much like a floozy on the street corner making suck a quick buck. Bynum still hasn't recovered as a person, look what he is doing in Cleveland :rollin

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
in my opinion, to be honest, for what it's worth, the biggest disappointment comes from having great expectations and having them not come to fruition. That perfectly describes the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers team. However it more accurately describes the 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers team. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, that team was stacked and every expert out there except me expected them to at least make the Western Conference Finals.

You're O & 77 and you're going cast us down? Hell, boy, we used you in double zeroes to get up off the slab where they'd tagged us and get 5 in 10 years.

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Mostly hearsay what you're spouting. Much like a floozy on the street corner making suck a quick buck. Bynum still hasn't recovered as a person, look what he is doing in Cleveland :rollin

& now your Parker is a racist. Sure, he ain't white so it don't count, but, he still yelled "kike!"

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 12:37 PM
why is it wrong?

You may not no but Einstein was an incestrous Pedo..

quote:

Albert Einstein took for his second wife his cousin Elsa Einstein, with whom he was a blood relative through both his mother and his father. We know that Albert Einstein desired to have sex with, and marry, his eventual second wife Elsa's daughter, Ilse, or her sister, Margot.[1] His second wife's daughter Ilse was disgusted by Albert Einstein's sexual advances towards her,[1] such that if Albert Einstein did indeed have sex with his wife's daughters, it is likely that this occurred, at least initially, as an act, or acts, of incestuous rape.
Albert Einstein referred to his wife Elsa, and her daughters Ilse and Margot, as his "small harem".[2] Albert Einstein was often seen with, and frequently lived with, his wife and cousin's daughters.[3] Albert Einstein often cheated on both his first and second wives—he admitted that he cheated on his first wife for years with his second wife, who was also his cousin, while still married to his first wife. Some suspect he had an affair with his cousin and wife Elsa's sister, Paula.[4]

Spur-Addict
12-31-2013, 12:39 PM
& now your Parker is a racist. Sure, he ain't white so it don't count, but, he still yelled "kike!"

If you'd like to spin anti establishment into racism then so be it :lol

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:42 PM
If you'd like to spin anti establishment into racism then so be it :lol

Of course that's what it is.:rolleyes

Expert
12-31-2013, 12:57 PM
You may not no but Einstein was an incestrous Pedo..

quote:
but he didn't need his daddy to get him a job.

Thread
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:05 PM

My dad sends me money when I need it....You refuse the challenge? I asked you to wage a bet through Kori if you're so confident the guy at Halliburton is Kool...check with the people at Halliburton have the guy work with Kori to setup an account and we'll see if you're theory stands up...I really want you to do it...I think it would be hilarious

Killakobe81
12-31-2013, 01:05 PM

Because like many on here claim, they want the "REAL" MVP of the 2peat on their squad ... he is such an amazing post-player and valuable leader, only Kobe was holding him back. So a player capable of 15 and 9, MVPau is not worth a 1st round pick?

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Because like many on here they want the "REAL" MVP of the 2peat on their squad ... he is such an amazing and valuable leader, only Kobe was holding him back. So a player capable of 15 and 9, MVPau is not worth a 1st round pick?

you just took a wet shat all over DPG....he has no answer for this and his next move is to spin deflect, drink a white russsian and get depressed...

Nice Job Killa

Expert
12-31-2013, 01:09 PM
My dad sends me money when I need it....You refuse the challenge? I asked you to wage a bet through Kori if you're so confident the guy at Halliburton is Kool...check with the people at Halliburton have the guy work with Kori to setup an account and we'll see if you're theory stands up...I really want you to do it...I think it would be hilariousbecause you are so well known for paying off your bets. I told you I'm done with you. So I take a poke at you now and then, get over it.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Because like many on here they want the "REAL" MVP of the 2peat on their squad ... he is such an amazing and valuable leader, only Kobe was holding him back. So a player capable of 15 and 9, MVPau is not worth a 1st round pick?

In context, no. Gasol doesn't make them a contender. They are a playoff team with a healthy Gasol for sure in the East, but not a contender. But that is not the only reason he is not worth a first round pick. When you are saving a team upwards of 20M, you don't give them a pick on top of that. Maybe if Gasol were younger and not on an expiring contract you could if you really believed in the fit, but since that is not the case, you don't give up assets for the sake of saving LA 20M and helping them tank further.

Expert
12-31-2013, 01:10 PM
you guys are always ready to throw the next Laker under the bus to save Kobe. What a group of faggots you have all turned out to be. Dale should be ashamed to even be associated with you guys even remotely.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Gasol is worth a first rounder to some team possibly, just not CLE.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:11 PM
In context, no. Gasol doesn't make them a contender. They are a playoff team with a healthy Gasol for sure in the East, but not a contender. But that is not the only reason he is not worth a first round pick. When you are saving a team upwards of 20M, you don't give them a pick on top of that. Maybe if Gasol were younger and not on an expiring contract you could if you really believed in the fit, but since that is not the case, you don't give up assets for the sake of saving LA 20M and helping them tank further.

Retard Alert

we don't want to make our team better we just want to prevent the Lakers from getting better in the future

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:14 PM
What? That literally doesn't make sense.

RD2191
12-31-2013, 01:16 PM
People over LG are asking for Kyrie and/or Waiters :lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:18 PM

what does that have to do with making your team better? when you're saving a team your making yours better...you can't split hairs in such a fashion unless you work in a botique...now you want to go with the "if he were younger clause"....the "helping them tank theory" you're just full of dookie

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Kobe 5
TOSF 4

really has Spur and Mav fan reeling and upset....

Killakobe81
12-31-2013, 01:20 PM

That is at least fair, but you blokes especially AMb ... blow that Pau is the MVP of the Lakers, tout our record without Pau but now he is not worth a first rounder? What it does for the Lakers is secondary ... you make a trade to better your team. IF the Lakers were going to be title contenders because of this deal (they are not) then you factor that in ...but when making trades your primary focus should be on the benefits to your own team.

Oh and LOL at the outcries over "trade speculation"

Also if it was Waiters in the deal i would get the hand wringing ...

From what i hear Cavs are insisting if it is a pick it's in 2015 (weaker draft) and my guess it would be protected (no top 3) ...

It's not like a Pau steal type of deal even if a 1st is included ...

Expert
12-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Retard Alert

we don't want to make our team better we just want to prevent the Lakers from getting better in the future
thanks for the alert, that way I didn't have to read the rest.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:23 PM
That is at least fair, but you blokes especially AMb ... blow that Pau is the MVP of the Lakers, tour our record without Pau but now he is not worth a first rounder? What is does for the Lakers is secondary ... you make a trade to better your team. IF the Lakers were going to be title contenders because of this deal (they are not) then you factor that in ...but when making trades your primary focus should be on the benefits to your own team.

we got what we need from PAUssy...

Kobe 5
TOSF 4

PAUssy is worth everything and more

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
thanks for the alert, that way I didn't have to read the rest.

:lol not bad

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:29 PM
That is at least fair, but you blokes especially AMb ... blow that Pau is the MVP of the Lakers, tour our record without Pau but now he is not worth a first rounder? What is does for the Lakers is secondary ... you make a trade to better your team. IF the Lakers were going to be title contenders because of this deal (they are not) then you factor that in ...but when making trades your primary focus should be on the benefits to your own team.

It has nothing to do with fearing making the Lakers better, it's about value. If you are saving a team 20M, no matter who it is, you don't pay a premium (i.e. a first round draft pick) in order to do that. There are many variables to consider: player for player, financials, contracts, fit, what it does for the other team... . It's not just a bland "well, this guy theoretically makes our team better this one half of a season so we do anything we can to get that guy".

Pau would only be a half season rental since he's expiring. He would make them better on paper if healthy, but not a contender. They need draft picks to continue building. They would also be saving LA 20M while not making them worse in the sense of what their reality is (non playoff team) and would actually help LA with their plan this year (tanking).

Under no circumstances does CLE giving up a first round pick to take on money/half season rental and save LA 20M make sense. Doesn't mean it won't/can't happen or that LA shouldn't ask, but LA is really, really stupid if they lose out on this opp to save money because they are trying to ask for a first rounder. LA might be that stupid though because they may believe they have a playoff team this year even though all the evidence suggest otherwise.

Unless LA is strongly leaning towards re-signing Pau, they should do this deal no matter what.

Thread
12-31-2013, 01:30 PM

Yer nuts. He's finished. He can't move his legs & feet.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:30 PM
what does that have to do with making your team better? when you're saving a team your making yours better...you can't split hairs in such a fashion unless you work in a botique...now you want to go with the "if he were younger clause"....the "helping them tank theory" you're just full of dookie

This literally makes no sense.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:31 PM

The team that Pau would be worth the first rounder to wouldn't have a first rounder that is worth anything major. If you can bring in Pau as your third option because you are already a playoff team, it's quite worth it for the right fit/scenario. Especially if that pick is 25+.

Expert
12-31-2013, 01:35 PM
I think you'd be surprised at how well he can actually move if he wants to.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
It has nothing to do with fearing making the Lakers better, it's about value. If you are saving a team 20M, no matter who it is, you don't pay a premium (i.e. a first round draft pick) in order to do that. There are many variables to consider: player for player, financials, contracts, fit, what it does for the other team... . It's not just a bland "well, this guy theoretically makes our team better this one half of a season so we do anything we can to get that guy".

Pau would only be a half season rental since he's expiring. He would make them better on paper if healthy, but not a contender. They need draft picks to continue building. They would also be saving LA 20M while not making them worse in the sense of what their reality is (non playoff team) and would actually help LA with their plan this year (tanking).

Under no circumstances does CLE giving up a first round pick to take on money/half season rental and save LA 20M make sense. Doesn't mean it won't/can't happen or that LA shouldn't ask, but LA is really, really stupid if they lose out on this opp to save money because they are trying to ask for a first rounder. LA might be that stupid though because they may believe they have a playoff team this year even though all the evidence suggest otherwise.

Unless LA is strongly leaning towards re-signing Pau, they should do this deal no matter what.

ohh snap....now he's going with the variables theory :lol Pau makes Clev better is the short end of it...even though Bynum and Pau are no longer interested in the game Pau will give them so much more including leadership....it's a good deal they shouldn't be worried at all about what they're helping the Lakers "save" it's irrelevant...all that matters is what players they're giving up in return...ok mental midget....stop trying to match your intellect with your height

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:37 PM
That is at least fair, but you blokes especially AMb ... blow that Pau is the MVP of the Lakers, tout our record without Pau but now he is not worth a first rounder? What it does for the Lakers is secondary ... you make a trade to better your team. IF the Lakers were going to be title contenders because of this deal (they are not) then you factor that in ...but when making trades your primary focus should be on the benefits to your own team.

Oh and LOL at the outcries over "trade speculation"

Also if it was Waiters in the deal i would get the hand wringing ...

From what i hear Cavs are insisting if it is a pick it's in 2015 (weaker draft) and my guess it would be protected (no top 3) ...

It's not like a Pau steal type of deal even if a 1st is included ...

Outside of the Dwight deal, that would go down as Mitch's finest trade if he nets a first rounder in addition to saving 20M. It would be an incredible steal if that is the case.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:37 PM
I think you'd be surprised at how well he can actually move if he wants to.

that's what duncan said....

(in bed)

Killakobe81
12-31-2013, 01:39 PM
The team that Pau would be worth the first rounder to wouldn't have a first rounder that is worth anything major. If you can bring in Pau as your third option because you are already a playoff team, it's quite worth it for the right fit/scenario. Especially if that pick is 25+.

I agree and that was my point. Cleveland is far from a contender but with Cleveland he would be a third option and if the Cavs make the playoffs as a 6th seed a first rounder is what at 17th pick at best? If they make it a 2015 and even if pau walks then it's probably still in that range (East sucks) and the draft is much weaker.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:39 PM
ohh snap....now he's going with the variables theory :lol Pau makes Clev better is the short end of it...even though Bynum and Pau are no longer interested in the game Pau will give them so much more including leadership....it's a good deal they shouldn't be worried at all about what they're helping the Lakers "save" it's irrelevant...all that matters is what players they're giving up in return...ok mental midget....stop trying to match your intellect with your height

That literally doesn't make any sense. What they are giving LA (either talented players, draft picks, savings) all factors into a trade. You don't just give a team everything they ask for just because you make your team better :lol

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I agree and that was my point. Cleveland is far from a contender but with Cleveland he would be a third option and if the Cavs make the playoffs as a 6th seed a first rounder is what at 17th pick at best? If they make it a 2015 and even if pau walks then it's probably still in that range (East sucks) and the draft is much weaker.

Killa, a top 20 pick is very valuable. Any first rounder is. The point was that a team that is contending (not CLE) could add Pau as their 3rd option and have a shot at being a legit contender (not CLE) and then a first rounder may be worth it. It wouldn't be worth it for CLE because not only is Pau not going to make them a contender (even if he is their 2nd or 3rd option) but they are already giving LA one of the best deals they could possibly get financially so they don't have to pay more.

If a bunch of people line up for Pau and offer a ton and CLE believes they could be a contender with Pau then maybe, but that is clearly not the case here.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
That literally doesn't make any sense. What they are giving LA (either talented players, draft picks, savings) all factors into a trade. You don't just give a team everything they ask for just because you make your team better :lol

gotdam lil homie....:lol...

do you understand the concept of shareholder value? apparently not....

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
CLE isn't even a playoff team is the East when everyone is tanking :lol The certainly wouldn't be one next year if Pau walks and everyone who tanked has a stud player through the draft and is actually trying to win.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
gotdam lil homie....:lol...

do you understand the concept of shareholder value? apparently not....

You are really dumb. A pick may be included be CLE, but the logic you use is horrifically bad. If you weren't a human, you would have been put to sleep already.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:46 PM
You are really dumb. A pick may be included be CLE, but the logic you use is horrifically bad. If you weren't a human, you would have been put to sleep already.

do you understand the concept of shareholder value?

Phillip
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
If this happens, the Lakers just screwed the NBA for another couple years...

As soon as Bynum gets waived by LA, you can bet that he will just go sign with the Heat for a small contract. And any chance that Indy had at beating them is gone.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:51 PM

As soon as Bynum gets waived by LA, you can bet that he will just go sign with the Heat for a small contract. And any chance that Indy had at beating them is gone.

Baby Drew is a stoner...he cannot and won't thrive if he's not at least 2nd option...he's not interested in playing defense...he's too young and immature to listen to any of that shit at this point...he'll smoke his life away in Miami

Thread
12-31-2013, 01:51 PM

This is out of NYC. Blame them.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
do you understand the concept of shareholder value?

You don't.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 01:53 PM

How? Bynum is gone wether CLE trades him or not. It doesn't matter if LA waives him or CLE; If Bynum wants to go to the Heat and they want him, he's going either way. A trade doesn't change that. CLE will either waive him or trade him and he will be waived by that team.

Phillip
12-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Baby Drew is a stoner...he cannot and won't thrive if he's not at least 2nd option...he's not interested in playing defense...he's too young and immature to listen to any of that shit at this point...he'll smoke his life away in Miami

He doesn't need to thrive. He just needs to clog the paint and rebound. He just lost himself what, $10 mil $20 mil? I don't recall what his contract was, but he certainly lost a lot of money. You can bet that he will give more effort at this point. And if he doesnt, oh well. Miami is probably going to still 3-peat anyways. But at least this way he can ball out for a season, win a title, and get paid.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:54 PM
You don't.

I guess I destroyed all of your ranting to Killa with one simple question....you should really think sometimes before you go on these anti Laker rants...I know you don't know what the fuck you're talking about 75% of the time and this topic is prime example...but I am curious to know if you know how shareholder value relates to the Cavs doing what's best for their team despite what the Lakers ask for....is there a correlation in your view?

Phillip
12-31-2013, 01:55 PM
How? Bynum is gone wether CLE trades him or not. It doesn't matter if LA waives him or CLE; If Bynum wants to go to the Heat and they want him, he's going either way. A trade doesn't change that. CLE will either waive him or trade him and he will be waived by that team.

Okay.

Point is, he will probably end up with the Heat.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 01:56 PM
He doesn't need to thrive. He just needs to clog the paint and rebound. He just lost himself what, $10 mil $20 mil? I don't recall what his contract was, but he certainly lost a lot of money. You can bet that he will give more effort at this point. And if he doesnt, oh well. Miami is probably going to still 3-peat anyways. But at least this way he can ball out for a season, win a title, and get paid.

I'm hoping Boston hates Ray Allen so much and Loves Larry Bird so much till they gift Rondo to Indy...that happens it won't matter what Miami does..I do think they'll beat Indy because Paul for as good as he is..plays with the ball too much...

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 02:01 PM
I guess I destroyed all of your ranting to Killa with one simple question....you should really think sometimes before you go on these anti Laker rants...I know you don't know what the fuck you're talking about 75% of the time and this topic is prime example...but I am curious to know if you know how shareholder value relates to the Cavs doing what's best for their team despite what the Lakers ask for....is there a correlation in your view?
you are essentially saying cleveland should bend over and give whatever the Lakers ask for just because it makes their team better. everything has its price, including a half season rental of Pau Gasol.

to make it easier for you to understand, a vibrating dildo would certainly improve your quality of life. i'm sure you would pay 30 dollars for it. but would you pay 200? no? why not? i mean it makes your life better...

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
you are essentially saying cleveland should bend over and give whatever the Lakers ask for just because it makes their team better. everything has its price, including a half season rental of Pau Gasol.

YES!!!! and I had no idea I was surrounded by this many idiots...:lol

if it's gonna make me better by adding value...I will give you whatever you want...incidentally whatever you want could be a bag of chips or it could be 20 gold bars...there is no law of diminishing returns at work here because again...I'm making my team better....if I'm making my team better I'm taking on more assets while diminishing my liabilities...assets - liabilities = net worth :hat

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:08 PM

to make it easier for you to understand, a vibrating dildo would certainly improve your quality of life. i'm sure you would pay 30 dollars for it. but would you pay 200? no? why not? i mean it makes your life better...

extremely poor analogy

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 02:16 PM
YES!!!! and I had no idea I was surrounded by this many idiots...:lol

if it's gonna make me better by adding value...I will give you whatever you want...incidentally whatever you want could be a bag of chips or it could be 20 gold bars...there is no law of diminishing returns at work here because again...I'm making my team better....if I'm making my team better I'm taking on more assets while diminishing my liabilities...assets - liabilities = net worth :hat
the assets include a half year rental of gasol where they won't be competing anyway
the liability = bynum, who they could waive anyway and save money instead of piling on gasol

in addition they're going to throw in a valuable first round pick? no.

the first round pick has value as well, which you are leaving out of your equation.

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 02:17 PM
extremely poor analogy
no, its spot on. making an improvement (in the cavs case, gasol) doesn't mean there is no price tag. gasol makes them a better team, but that improvement does not match the value of monetary savings in addition to a first round pick

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Kool is really stupid and uneducated. He doesn't understand the buzz words he googled.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:27 PM
the assets include a half year rental of gasol where they won't be competing anyway
the liability = bynum, who they could waive anyway and save money instead of piling on gasol

in addition they're going to throw in a valuable first round pick? no.

the first round pick has value as well, which you are leaving out of your equation.

nope I factored the pick in...it's equal value given Bynum's health and the unproven rookie "commodity"...they're trying to make a strong Push and Gasol is that piece that makes you competitive...every business has to assess what constitutes values what generates revenue and what increases (shareholder value)...their ability to retain that asset and re-sign that asset at a lower cost...the excitement it generates alone would be enough for me to pull the trigger...Rings, Gold Medals, Chip on his shoulder, for essentially an unproven rookie...I'd pull the trigger in this case...as a business man Laker savings is not even a factor in my view if I'm Cav mgmt....

in my educated opinion it's a call Cavs will need to make but I think you and Deepy couldn't be more wrong

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:27 PM
Kool is really stupid and uneducated. He doesn't understand the buzz words he googled.

perhaps...or perhaps not see my avi :hat

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
nope I factored the pick in...it's equal value given Bynum's health and the unproven rookie "commodity"...they're trying to make a strong Push and Gasol is that piece that makes you competitive...every business has to assess what constitutes values what generates revenue and what increases (shareholder value)...their ability to retain that asset and re-sign that asset at a lower cost...the excitement it generates alone would be enough for me to pull the trigger...Rings, Gold Medals, Chip on his shoulder, for essentially an unproven rookie...I'd pull the trigger in this case...as a business man Laker savings is not even a factor in my view if I'm Cav mgmt....

in my educated opinion it's a call Cavs will need to make but I think you and Deepy couldn't be more wrong
they could waive bynum and get away from the financial commitment. his health isn't a concern. in fact, bynum has value right now due to his contract not being guaranteed. they could just save money and waive him. before the deadline (i believe january 4, though don't quote me on that), they are shopping that contract around to see what they can get from a team looking to save money. they aren't trying to unload a first round pick in the process

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
no, its spot on. making an improvement (in the cavs case, gasol) doesn't mean there is no price tag. gasol makes them a better team, but that improvement does not match the value of monetary savings in addition to a first round pick

savings? in business there's always a price tag...Gasol making them a better team increases revenue and helps you win NOW...in other words winning now increases revenue...you get Marginal increases with a Rookie (based on the draft position) hence you get better value with a known proven commodity....see my previous explanation if you need further understanding....

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:39 PM
they could waive bynum and get away from the financial commitment. his health isn't a concern. in fact, bynum has value right now due to his contract not being guaranteed. they could just save money and waive him. before the deadline (i believe january 4, though don't quote me on that), they are shopping that contract around to see what they can get from a team looking to save money. they aren't trying to unload a first round pick in the process

Gasol is a player they've coveted for years...you can google that fact...while I do believe in the Cliche "A Penny saved is a Penny earned" savings are moot if you have expenses and bring in no revenue...you can have a shit load of cap space but if you're not winning you're not maximizing profits...Gasol helps to do that by helping your play-off seeding....it's a win win for all

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
gotta run...going to work out my legs...I find that a good leg workout (deep squats) before a night of raunchy sex always make it better :hat

I. Hustle
12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
gotta run...going to work out my legs...I find that a good leg workout (deep squats) before a night of raunchy sex always make it better :hat

So you work on your SQUATTING before you have sex? Makes sense. Actually does this time.

Jodelo
12-31-2013, 02:48 PM
and it's not even close

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/64/6494d9a65195279d35717e6d97375037c34660e076011dc05b cc67011a212df0.jpg

lmbebo
12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
If I'm cleveland, I hold Bynum to his contract and let him sit at home all year.

Cut him at the end of the year. Let him do what he wants then.

He's not a seasoned vet asking for 1 last ride into the sunset. He's a spoiled big man who doesn't want to uphold his end of the very generous contract he signed with cleveland.

Killakobe81
12-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Man this thread has legs!!!
Probably won't happen, and I would applaud this discussion if anal bleeding, trolling and other agendas weren't at play ....

Killakobe81
12-31-2013, 04:15 PM
If I'm cleveland, I hold Bynum to his contract and let him sit at home all year.

Cut him at the end of the year. Let him do what he wants then.

He's not a seasoned vet asking for 1 last ride into the sunset. He's a spoiled big man who doesn't want to uphold his end of the very generous contract he signed with cleveland.

Hold on, where in his contract does it say he cannot bang the assistant coach's wife?

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Gasol is a player they've coveted for years...you can google that fact...while I do believe in the Cliche "A Penny saved is a Penny earned" savings are moot if you have expenses and bring in no revenue...you can have a shit load of cap space but if you're not winning you're not maximizing profits...Gasol helps to do that by helping your play-off seeding....it's a win win for all
i'm sure they coveted mvpau for years, i dont need to google that. but "for years" tells me they wanted him since his late 20's. now he's approaching mid 30's and is an impending free agent

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 04:35 PM
We don't know if CLE will trade Bynum to LA and if LA will get a pick, but we do know that Koolaid Mans logic of why it's a good idea for CLE to include a pick is horrifically bad. CLE is a crappy franchise so they may end up doing something stupid, but his logic and the way he explains how he see's things doesn't make sense.

Not only does he not understand basketball, he doesn't even understand simple business concepts. His use of "shareholder value" then his explanation shows me he is actually dumb even when he's trying to have an actual basketball discussion. I do applaud him for taking my advice and actually trying to talk basketball, but damn he's really bad at it.

LkrFan
12-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Welfare money spent on a computer doesn't make it a government computer you ignorant fuck. :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 05:37 PM
We don't know if CLE will trade Bynum to LA and if LA will get a pick, but we do know that Koolaid Mans logic of why it's a good idea for CLE to include a pick is horrifically bad. CLE is a crappy franchise so they may end up doing something stupid, but his logic and the way he explains how he see's things doesn't make sense.

Not only does he not understand basketball, he doesn't even understand simple business concepts. His use of "shareholder value" then his explanation shows me he is actually dumb even when he's trying to have an actual basketball discussion. I do applaud him for taking my advice and actually trying to talk basketball, but damn he's really bad at it.

you ever hear that song by baby face..."And Our Feelings" :lol

8IXv2kDSD_w

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
I guarantee that while most of us will be out with friends/family/dates Kool will be posting on ST throughout the night.

Koolaid_Man
12-31-2013, 05:39 PM
I guarantee that while most of us will be out with friends/family/dates Kool will be posting on ST throughout the night.

wanna bet? :hat plans are set baby....I got two girls tonight....I'm getting used to doubles tbh

Thread
12-31-2013, 05:49 PM

That yer contemplating Kevin's New Year's Eve plans is adorable, Deeps.

DPG21920
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
That's just straight a** kissing right there. Even in context that didn't make sense.

Double-Up
12-31-2013, 05:59 PM

The Koolaid punch man under the suit gets more pussy than him.

Rogue
12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
MVPau is an expiring contract so if the cavs could trim some garbage assets through this proposed trade, it would be a good deal for Cleveland imho. Cavs don't need to care about winning anyway, nor do the Lakers

lmbebo
12-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Hold on, where in his contract does it say he cannot bang the assistant coach's wife?

Not getting into that ... thats extra-curricular activity.

DPG21920
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Basically, this is Woj calling Kool's logic terrible

DPG21920
01-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Also, :lol

Killakobe81
01-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Well let Bynum rot ... like i said if they arent willing to part with even a 2015 1st rounder let them eat that turd sandwich ...

DMC
01-03-2014, 04:59 PM
wanna bet? :hat plans are set baby....I got two girls tonight....I'm getting used to doubles tbh

Did I read somewhere here that you had your bags pilfered in the airport? Was that you?

DPG21920
01-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Well let Bynum rot ... like i said if they arent willing to part with even a 2015 1st rounder let them eat that turd sandwich ...

That's silly IMO. Because it's not your money. CLE eats only 6M and gets to keep a first round pick if they don't trade Bynum under your scenario. LA eats 20M and gets no pick if they don't trade for Bynum in my scenario (where CLE doesn't include a pick). One seems wayyyyy better than the other, especially when you are tanking anyways (LA).

Killakobe81
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
That's silly IMO. Because it's not your money. CLE eats only 6M and gets to keep a first round pick if they don't trade Bynum under your scenario. LA eats 20M and gets no pick if they don't trade for Bynum in my scenario (where CLE doesn't include a pick). One seems wayyyyy better than the other, especially when you are tanking anyways (LA).

I think it just depends on what they can get, if anything for Pau. if the answer is nothing, then I agree. Lakers should be able to get either a future 1st or cap relief they just may not get both. Of course it's not my money that is why the bloated payroll jokes dont bother me. I appreciate your big picture view, but the Lakers print money ... so I could care less if they save money.. i get we are tanking so I would rather have the pick than save the buss family money. find someone who is a playoff contender and ask for a future pick that is top 3 protected. I doubt anyone wants to trade out of this draft so you push it forward to 2015 or 2016 ...pau is at least worth that ...
and it's not like new team has to pay his full salary anyway ...especially if they wait until February it's a relative bargain ...

DPG21920
01-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't know if Pau is worth that. It would take a pretty perfect fit for him to be worth a first rounder (especially one that is only top 3 protected). It would have to be a team that is already a playoff team, could use a PF of Pau's skill set and by obtaining him they can make the jump to legit contender vs just a playoff team. Not only that, that team would still need to have their own first round pick available to trade in addition to some big contracts they could part with that wouldn't hurt them

That makes it an extremely narrow list. There are only a handful of teams that can do what CLE can do because of the nature/size of Bynum's contract. You had better be damn sure you can move Pau for a damn good pick and/or talented young piece if you pass up on this Bynum deal because what ever you do will cost you 20M more than likely and you have no use for Pau this year and he's likely gone next year too.

Thread
01-03-2014, 05:28 PM
There are only a handful of teams that can do what CLE can do because of the nature/size of Bynum's contract. You had better be damn sure you can move Pau for a damn good pick and/or talented young piece if you pass up on this Bynum deal because what ever you do will cost you 20M more than likely and you have no use for Pau this year and he's likely gone next year too.

Deeps

Killakobe81
01-03-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't know if Pau is worth that. It would take a pretty perfect fit for him to be worth a first rounder (especially one that is only top 3 protected). It would have to be a team that is already a playoff team, could use a PF of Pau's skill set and by obtaining him they can make the jump to legit contender vs just a playoff team. Not only that, that team would still need to have their own first round pick available to trade in addition to some big contracts they could part with that wouldn't hurt them

That makes it an extremely narrow list. There are only a handful of teams that can do what CLE can do because of the nature/size of Bynum's contract. You had better be damn sure you can move Pau for a damn good pick and/or talented young piece if you pass up on this Bynum deal because what ever you do will cost you 20M more than likely and you have no use for Pau this year and he's likely gone next year too.

But again it's not mine so I dont care. Then can even take on a contract if they get something of value ...
I doubt anyone they get would get would prevent the tank. We are THAT bad right now ....
But as i said earlier I doubt the deal happens, was only a rumor. if it does great if it does not ... not losing sleep.

DPG21920
01-03-2014, 06:57 PM
This is what I'm talking about:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/los-angeles-lakers-not-trade-pau-gasol-now-173100606--nba.html

COMMENTARY | With only minimal financial gains on offer, the Los Angeles Lakers should not trade Pau Gasol to the Cleveland Cavaliers for several reasons.

First, the Lakers should not realistically care to save the rather insignificant amount of money that the repeater tax charges. Second, the Lakers should hope to attain assets like a draft pick or a promising young player in return for the Spaniard at the trade deadline. Finally, and most importantly, the Lakers do not tank.

The extra money and the potential to avoid the repeater tax may sound like appealing excuses to part with Gasol, but those numbers hardly add up for a brand that has a $3 billion dollar television contract.

From a marketing standpoint, the Lakers do not gain ground by trading Gasol away and effectively admitting that they are all-in for the race to the bottom. Admitting defeat is an easy way to stop selling out the arena. Also, keeping the Spanish-speaking market directly connected to the team likely balances the modest financial gains on offer. Gasol is currently the only Laker who gives interviews in Spanish (note: Steve Nash also speaks limited Spanish on those rare weeks he is healthy).

Now, if the Lakers can get a first-round draft pick or another promising asset back for Gasol, they should happily send the Spaniard packing. Until that type of offer comes in, though, this season should continue to crash without interruption.

The Lakers do not tank, and the longer Gasol stays with the team, the longer management can hold onto the claim that they are not actively tanking the season. They put together a team that was designed to keep the ship afloat until Kobe Bryant returned and propelled the ship into a higher gear.

The team performed better than expected, but Bryant's return was cut short by a fractured in his knee. That break cracked the Lakers' hopeful dream of an underdog season that ends in a miraculous run. Despite loud calls to tank before the season started, management did not tank the season. Ultimately, injuries tanked the season for them.

Killakobe81
01-04-2014, 12:53 AM
This is what I'm talking about:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/los-angeles-lakers-not-trade-pau-gasol-now-173100606--nba.html

I agree that is why Lakers holding out for additional asset, I know it's just Utah but Pau showing why he is worth it. The article actually proves my point don't trade Pau unless you get something significant back ...as the article states we have a billion dollar brand ...we shouldn't settle for scraps ...cavs want him give us the 2015 pick they acquired from Miami ...not like it will be a high pick ...everyone wins ...if not fuck the Cavs ...we can eat Pau's salary.