12-31-2013, 08:09 AM
One of you guys HAS to lose!

:lol

One of you guys HAS to lose!

:lol

More info at: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226777

boutons_deux
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
At least somebody will beat a top team and somebody lose to a top team.

Embedded
12-31-2013, 09:16 AM
If Portland wins they will move ahead of us, right now we`re #2 in the west since Portland lost to the Pelicans last night, their second in a row. I want OKC to win because eventually Durant will wear down due to Westbrick`s absence.

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2013, 10:23 AM
If Portland wins they will move ahead of us, right now we`re #2 in the west since Portland lost to the Pelicans last night, their second in a row. I want OKC to win because eventuallyDurant will wear down due to Westbrick`s absence.
Dude is like LeBron......super human unfortunately. Although, the guy can be stopped in the right circumstances.

Pako
12-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Though Thunder been winning lately, they will realize soon that they need RW to win games...

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Will be a good one for sure. Gonna be switching back and forth tonight.

TheGoldStandard
12-31-2013, 04:03 PM
This Brooklyn game should be cake for us tonight but I won't take that for granted. Down with OKC

marbles1991
12-31-2013, 04:33 PM
I can't believe it but even playing like utter shit this team has probably the best chance at the number one seed out of anyone. OKC will be 5-6 games back by the time Westbrook returns and Portland is coming down to earth.

cd021
12-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Pulling for OKC. Portlands upcoming schedule is downright jokish. They have 6 straight games against teams with -. 500 records. After the game tonight.

Embedded
01-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Wow, Durant wears down without Westbrick and has no lift in the 4th quarter, just like their playoffs last year. KD had 35 points in Q1/Q2/Q3 and 1 point in Q4 - and that was the 1 of 2 freethrows. He missed a bunny that would have tied the game.

Cry Havoc
01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
If Portland wins they will move ahead of us, right now we`re #2 in the west since Portland lost to the Pelicans last night, their second in a row. I want OKC to win because eventually Durant will wear down due to Westbrick`s absence.

If someone is going to wear down its going to be Portland. ALL FIVE starters played 38 minutes last night.

Do you know how many times a Spurs player had played 38 minutes this season? Hint: it's less than once.

exstatic
01-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Pulling for OKC. Portlands upcoming schedule is downright jokish. They have 6 straight games against teams with -. 500 records. After the game tonight.
So do we. Think long term. Portland is NOT a playoff threat.

tlongII
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
So do we. Think long term. Portland is NOT a playoff threat.

:lol Really?

The Blazers have the best record in the league against teams with at least 20 wins. How many 20+ win teams have the Spurs beaten? Oh that's right....ZERO.

CitizenDwayne
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Yep.

The fact that the Blazers have this great record and still haven't convinced anyone that they're a serious threat is your proof.

exstatic
01-01-2014, 03:09 PM

The Blazers have the best record in the league against teams with at least 20 wins. How many 20+ win teams have the Spurs beaten? Oh that's right....ZERO.
They're Dallas, early 2000s. All jump shooting, crap defense. Congratulations on your December championship, tbong.

RD2191
01-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Portland is a garbage team. Tlong celebrating best record in December. Fukin scrub.

james evans
01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
i commented on this last night. the game shouldn't have been that close. they gave OKC all of these bullshit calls in quarters 1-3, then the 4th quarter, the refs swallowed their whistles and actually started to call foul on durant. they didn't give him a call when he flopped on a screen trying to draw an offensive foul. i don't know why people can't see shit for what it is. OKC/kevin durant benefits from shady officiating. at one point, perkins AND ibaka were on the bench and the trailblazers still couldn't score down low cuz they were getting mugged and punk ass joey crawford wasn't calling shit 2 feet from the action.

exstatic
01-01-2014, 07:46 PM
i commented on this last night. the game shouldn't have been that close. they gave OKC all of these bullshit calls in quarters 1-3, then the 4th quarter, the refs swallowed their whistles and actually started to call foul on durant. they didn't give him a call when he flopped on a screen trying to draw an offensive foul. i don't know why people can't see shit for what it is. OKC/kevin durant benefits from shady officiating. at one point, perkins AND ibaka were on the bench and the trailblazers still couldn't score down low cuz they were getting mugged and punk ass joey crawford wasn't calling shit 2 feet from the action.
Joey Crawford is Stern's last bagman on his last ride. I'd be shocked if he were employed next year.

Uriel
01-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Bump, tbh.

Splits
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Quality bump. Cokc has been beaten twice by the guests this year (like us). Let's hope they make that 3/3

weeks
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
why are the blazers referred to as 'the guests'?

Dex
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
why are the blazers referred to as 'the guests'?

See this thread (note the title): http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225735

weeks
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM
See this thread (note the title): http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225735
:lol thanks

bklynspursfan
01-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Durant upset. Gets called for a charge then a T on him on the other end for slapping the scores table. Don't see that happen often (refs actually calling stuff on him)

aal04
01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
I feel less bad about losing to Portland. Aldridge going HAM on Ibaka/Perkins. which is a great inside defense.

And This Matthews guy is legit. i checked out his stats. hes a pure shooter and he went off against us.

We have splitter and Green coming back who would d up on their 2 best players. I dont think we can take anything from losing against Portland except we need all hands on deck

TheGoldStandard
01-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Aldridge bricking every jumper he takes during crunch time.. Sometimes it falls & sometimes it doesn't. LOL at Perk hitting that baseline jumper

Sean Cagney
01-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Durant is a damn monster!
Aldridge bricking every jumper he takes during crunch time.. Sometimes it falls & sometimes it doesn't. LOL at Perk hitting that baseline jumper

Those would find a way to fall against us :(

TheGoldStandard
01-21-2014, 10:31 PM

It'll last as long as Brick is on the bench.. once he's inserted Durant takes that passive role.

TheGoldStandard
01-21-2014, 10:34 PM

It really seems that way sometimes, I could have seen him knocking down that fading jumper with .9 on the shot clock on Tim or Tiago to bury us.

james evans
01-22-2014, 01:36 AM

i'm waiting for another nba coach other than spolstra to make him work on defense. the reason he can score all of those points is because noone is making him work on the defensive end. if u are a sf that doesn't score, screen other players and make him step up. just letting him coast on defense is not good for you when he's on the offensive end. in the 2012 finals, spoelstra made him work. everyone they switched him to started to shoot more and score. but what do i know, i'm just a guy on a message board, they are paid the big bucks. and with westbrook out, it would help if somone actually sent a double team when he got hot. i'd rather jackson or safalosha(however u spell his name) beat me than the obvious. pick him up from 94 feet. do something. just don't let him get the ball walk to the 3 point line and shoot while you're 2 feet away from him trying to recover. make him work. durant looks like he's out there practicing this month.

Ice009
01-22-2014, 03:10 AM
It'll last as long as Brick is on the bench.. once he's inserted Durant takes that passive role.

I thought that Durant was absolutely going to go off when RW was out last season. I thought Westbrook was taking too many shots away from Durant and that Durant would actually be much better individually without him on the court. After the playoffs I thought that I was wrong about it, as Westbrook does draw a lot of defensive attention himself, so he does help with that, but Durant IMO is starting to learn to play without him. I guess that he needed a little bit of an adjustment period since he has played with Westbrook most of his pro career.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Durant is an absolute monster, kawhi can slow it down a bit, but if it is onfire no what to do

cd021
01-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Durant is an absolute monster, kawhi can slow it down a bit, but if it is onfire no what to do

In the last 6 meetings, the Spurs have held him to 23 ppg. Then again, no Tiago who helps keep OKC away from the rim. 36 would be a win in that matchup.

TheGoldStandard
01-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Durant scores 24-27 tonight and the Spin is Durant went cold or was too tired to put up 40+. Spurs win too