PDA

View Full Version : Flu shot...

CosmicCowboy
12-31-2013, 01:09 PM
It must be a bad boy this year...got my flu shot last Saturday morning and my arm is still swollen, hot to the touch, and sore where I got the shot...I don't remember that happening before...

ChumpDumper
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
They put the tracking chip in you this time.

TE
12-31-2013, 01:18 PM
I didn't get it this year and that was a huge mistake... I was bed-ridden for three days until yesterday. Shits going around like a wildfire.

The Reckoning
12-31-2013, 01:23 PM
i got the flu...

gave it to a lady friend of mine too haha

Relevancy
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Why are people scared of the flu?

ChumpDumper
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Why are people scared of the flu?It kills some people. Messes up others.

tlongII
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM
It must be a bad boy this year...got my flu shot last Saturday morning and my arm is still swollen, hot to the touch, and sore where I got the shot...I don't remember that happening before...

Really? It didn't bother me at all this year.

jeebus
12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Don't get any sort of vaccines. It'll make you autistic.

Twisted_Dawg
12-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I got one last week, no problems, no painful arm either. My guess is the person administering the shot hit your muscle wrong.

benefactor
12-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I didn't get it this year and that was a huge mistake... I was bed-ridden for three days until yesterday. Shits going around like a wildfire.
If I avoid it this year, I'm convinced I will never get it.

cantthinkofanything
12-31-2013, 01:54 PM
If I avoid it this year, I'm convinced I will never get it.

that's what I said about Polio. now I can't fucking walk

Relevancy
12-31-2013, 02:09 PM
It kills some people. Messes up others. Death is in all among us, I can see why people would get flu shots though, but don't flu shots cause more harm then good? I think I've heard that before.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Death is in all among us, I can see why people would get flu shots though, but don't flu shots cause more harm then good? I think I've heard that before.From whom?

CosmicCowboy
12-31-2013, 03:22 PM
From whom?

Surprisingly there are a lot of people that feel that way. I tried to get all my employees to get one...insurance pays for them and I was going to let them off work to get them...only 20% took me up on the offer.

Oh, Gee!!
12-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I've never had one. I've had the flu twice in my life, didn't go the doctor either time-just rode it out.

GoodOdor
12-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Isn't there a big misconception where someone gets the shot, then gets sick, and basically "omg it's a scam!!!1111".

But actually the shot protects against influenza, which is basically a debilitating version of the common cold. What people actually get

could be one of many illnesses with symptoms such as sore throat, fever, etc. These are all much less serious.

CosmicCowboy
12-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Isn't there a big misconception where someone gets the shot, then gets sick, and basically "omg it's a scam!!!1111".

But actually the shot protects against influenza, which is basically a debilitating version of the common cold. What people actually get

could be one of many illnesses with symptoms such as sore throat, fever, etc. These are all much less serious.

As I understand it, the vaccine doesn't reach full effectiveness for two weeks so it is actually possible to get the shot and then immediately get the flu, but there is no cause and effect relationship.

tlongII
12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
The problem people have with flu shots is the low level of mercury in them. Personally I don't think it's harmful though.

baseline bum
12-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Fuck the flu shot, when are they coming out with the Cedar Pollen shot? My throat feels like I have been chewing on glass.

Chris
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
A cocktail of mercury, formaldehyde, and aspartame. Why are you pumping this shit into your bodies?

Rogue
12-31-2013, 06:48 PM
shots only protect you for one year (one season only, to be more accurate) and the shot itself is also virus, neutralized virus though. Just like my nigga m>s said, your immune system is the best vaccination to all diseases, just eat well and take more exercise and you'll be healthy as fuck.

And I never see DMC bragging about his Doctorate's degree or his affluence. It really requires good education for one not to boast of being rich or being an "employer" imho.

resistanze
12-31-2013, 06:51 PM
The problem people have with flu shots is the low level of mercury in them. Personally I don't think it's harmful though.

There's no mercury in it. The single dose vaccines (vs. the multi-dose vials) don't even have the ingredient people incorrectly call mercury (thimerosal).

baseline bum
12-31-2013, 07:04 PM
A cocktail of mercury, formaldehyde, and aspartame. Why are you pumping this shit into your bodies?

To inoculate against getting the flu son.

Chris
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM
To inoculate against getting the flu son.

What good is temporary inoculation if the side effect are far worse and substantial. It's easy to keep your immune system healthy and prepared with essential nutrients,vitamins, and occasional exercise.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2013, 07:18 PM
What good is temporary inoculation if the side effect are far worse and substantial.And those side effects are?

Chris
12-31-2013, 07:37 PM
And those side effects are?

Here's what the CDC had to say about it which is of course extremely vague and unassuming.

"Different side effects can be associated with the flu shot and nasal spray flu vaccines. These side effects are mild and short-lasting, especially when compared to symptoms of influenza infection."

You can always look to history

“There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine, thus far developed, is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza. The producers of these vaccines know that they are worthless, but they go on selling them anyway.”

That is a direct quote from the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) former Chief Vaccine Control Officer Dr. J. Anthony Morris. Dr. Morris made this statement during the notorious swine flu madness of 1976. The Federal government launched a nationwide fear campaign, claiming that deadly swine flu would decimate the country in a horrific replay of the 1918 flu pandemic that killed 50 million people worldwide. Flu shots were hyped as the only thing that could protect against such tragic consequences.

Terrified, millions of Americans got the recommended vaccines. But the epidemic never happened. More than 500 people, however, developed Guillain-Barre syndrome, a serious, debilitating autoimmune disorder, after being vaccinated. At least 25 people died.

Actual ingredients

Ethylene glycol, the scientific name for antifreeze.
Formaldehyde, nicknamed “the embalmer’s friend.”
Aluminum, a known carcinogen with links to Alzheimer’s disease.
Thimerosal, a form of mercury, the most toxic of all the heavy metals.

"Let’s take a closer look at just one of these ingredients, thimerosal. Ostensibly, thimerosal is a preservative. Once a staple in children’s vaccines, thimerosal is no longer given to children in this country due to safety concerns. It is, however, still in some flu vaccines.

High levels of mercury in the body affect everything, and especially the neurological system, causing memory issues, emotional disturbances, sensory and co-ordination difficulties, vertigo, and a long list of other problems."

If you’re thinking that the amount of mercury in a small dose of vaccine is far less than what you might get in a few plates of sushi, you’re right. In the case of mercury, however, even vaccine-sized dosage amounts have been shown to damage human brain cells.

To make matters worse, mercury tends to accumulate in the brain. So an annual vaccination just adds to whatever mercury may already be in your body. Furthermore, mercury decomposes, creating even more toxic substances. Finally, many scientists are concerned about the fact that there have been no studies evaluating the combination of mercury and aluminum, two common vaccine ingredients, in the body.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Oh, so the flu killed 50 million people one year.

Good to know.

That was just 3% of the entire world's population anyway.

Rogue
12-31-2013, 08:02 PM
^ agree, drug abuse claims more lives each year, and super stupidity kills even more so... be careful, bro.

Bender
12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
i dont think I've gotten a flu shot or other other vaccine shot in my entire adult life.

I'm still here.

resistanze
12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
[I]Actual ingredients

Ethylene glycol, the scientific name for antifreeze.
Formaldehyde, nicknamed “the embalmer’s friend.”
Aluminum, a known carcinogen with links to Alzheimer’s disease.
Thimerosal, a form of mercury, the most toxic of all the heavy metals.

Wow.

mojorizen7
01-01-2014, 02:50 AM
I've never had one. I've had the flu twice in my life, didn't go the doctor either time-just rode it out.

Atta boy. Flu shots are BS. Vaccinations for infants are one thing...disrupting adults' natural immune systems is stupid,money making propaganda scare tactics to keep people sick and coming back for more every year.

My last flu shot was in '94. I'm good to go.

mojorizen7
01-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Don't get me wrong i get sick like everyone else,but i don't STAY sick for days on end waiting for my tweaked immune system to kick in from flu shots. Fuck all that.
I get sick fast...then i get better...fast.

Happy New year :toast

Oh, Gee!!
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Don't get me wrong i get sick like everyone else,but i don't STAY sick for days on end waiting for my tweaked immune system to kick in from flu shots. Fuck all that.
I get sick fast...then i get better...fast.

Happy New year :toast

same here, I go into hiding like a hurt animal. Return 48 hours later feeling 100%

tlongII
01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
There's no mercury in it. The single dose vaccines (vs. the multi-dose vials) don't even have the ingredient people incorrectly call mercury (thimerosal).

The multi-dose vials do have thimerosal in them. It is safe though.

thispego
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I haven't gotten the shot in 10 years and haven't had the flu in 10 years rofl