PDA

View Full Version : Vick expects to start for team in 2014, will back-up Foles if "all else fails"

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 12:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10226074/michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-expects-start-qb-team-2014

Wiz
01-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Wow

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Chip Kelly will find any excuse to make Vick the starter again.

BRHornet45
01-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Chip Kelly will find any excuse to make Vick the starter again.

Son it's the right thing to do. It's not about being the best man for the job. It's about helping push the black QB agenda.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Son it's the right thing to do. It's not about being the best man for the job. It's about helping push the black QB agenda.

In Chip Kelly's case it's also about his agenda to push his gimmicky college offense (which does involve dual-threat black QBs). Foles has been so good this year Kelly has no choice but to keep using him, but a part of Kelly would rather sodomize himself with a rusty knife than coach a team that wins with accurate, efficient pocket passing in a traditional offense.

BUMP
01-01-2014, 01:54 PM
^:lmao

Samuel Eto'o
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
http://wulol.com/media/uploads/2013/10/this-is-where-keep-my-genetics2.jpg

JMarkJohns
01-01-2014, 04:42 PM
http://wulol.com/media/uploads/2013/10/this-is-where-keep-my-genetics2.jpg

When you look like that, drop the charade and quit drinking "diet" Coke.

Holy shit

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 04:43 PM
:lmao I didn't even notice that those were diet cokes (of course, right next to drinks and candy loaded with sugar)

JMarkJohns
01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I can lose a few pounds. I still have my grad school 20. I won't judge an active person who has an eating vice or two (mine are pasta and aged cheeses). But a bedside trough of sugar, sugar water, and sugar supplementation... I mean, put the shit across the room at least. Walk 10 feet minimum to kill yourself.

When you'd rather shit yourself than walk to the bathroom, you've devolved to official swine level.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Woman looks bed-ridden, there's a reason she can't put the fridge 10 feet away from her bed :lol

Ghazi
01-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol at dok hating on kelly even though the eagles have been awesome
In his first year. Nothing gimmicky about the eagles offense. Best offense in nfl since foles took over

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Lol at dok hating on kelly even though the eagles have been awesome
In his first year. Nothing gimmicky about the eagles offense. Best offense in nfl since foles took over

It took a Vick injury for Foles to get on the field, and Kelly waited till like the week before Vick healed to announce Foles would remain starter even though the Raiders game alone was enough to show he's better than Vick. If Vick never gets injured Philly finishes somewhere between 5-11 to 7-9 running the Oregon spread offense they ran weeks 1-4 and Kelly is getting reamed. Meanwhile, the Eagles went 8-2 with Foles and would be the #2 seed if Foles had been starting all year. The Eagles were awesome in spite of Kelly, not because of him. The fact Vick feels brazen and confident enough to make this statement proves it.

DPG21920
01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Vick's career is over.

Spur-Addict
01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Foles owns Philly, that's evident. If Vick starts, the Philadelphia media will eat Kelly alive, puke him up, and the fans will burn the remains. The best case for Vick if he wants to start is being stopgap for an organization who wants to win some games between a rebuild. Which to me, is a strategy that is ridiculous. But, candidates for such a strategy are Minnesota, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland and Cleveland. But all of these teams may look to draft a guy, or just go forward with marginal QB's and wait for better draft opportunities, or for existing competent players to come on the market and try to buy them (Which hardly ever happens tbh).

Vick is now in backup land

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I could see Reid signing Vick to back Alex Smith up in KC and seizing the first opportunity possible to insert him in as starter. There's no way Andy Reid's insatiable desire to prove to the world that Mike Vick can run your offense properly that killed his career in Philly has gone away completely. Either way there'll be another coach ready to sign Vick and promote the black QB agenda.

monosylab1k
01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
It probably wouldn't have a chance in hell of working, but minnesota hiring Malzahn to run that read option with Vick/Peterson would be pretty entertaining. Shit ton of fumbles, too.

Ghazi
01-01-2014, 08:11 PM
It took a Vick injury for Foles to get on the field, and Kelly waited till like the week before Vick healed to announce Foles would remain starter even though the Raiders game alone was enough to show he's better than Vick. If Vick never gets injured Philly finishes somewhere between 5-11 to 7-9 running the Oregon spread offense they ran weeks 1-4 and Kelly is getting reamed. Meanwhile, the Eagles went 8-2 with Foles and would be the #2 seed if Foles had been starting all year. The Eagles were awesome in spite of Kelly, not because of him. The fact Vick feels brazen and confident enough to make this statement proves it.

Sometimes it takes an injury for the superior QB (Foles) to shine tbh... Kelly deserves a lot of credit for the Eagles turnaround IMO... Foles too, but not every coach would have the offense looking this good. Their D ain't bad either. Darkhorse SB contender IMO.

DeadlyDynasty
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Why would he say this right before the playoffs? Seriously, what does this accomplish besides an unnecessary distraction?

DPG21920
01-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Because he's not exactly the brightest human on Earth. He sucks at QB, kills animals & is salty as hell that Foles is QB'ing a team that could do no good with Vick at the helm.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Why would he say this right before the playoffs? Seriously, what does this accomplish besides an unnecessary distraction?

To be fair, he didn't sound disrespectful towards Foles or anything. He even stated he should be the back-up once Foles started doing good.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM

To add onto what DPG said, he just couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar long enough to get a new contract from a stupid GM. It's like the black guy who yells "Fuck da police!" at a cop who was about to let him off with a warning.

The media was starting to buy into his "I'm a good teammate and I support the coach's decision to make me a backup" bullshit even though you could see in his face how pissed he was, and now it's obvious he was just doing that to convince the other 31 NFL teams his attitude has finally come around (at age 34 :lmao).

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 09:45 PM
To add onto what DPG said, he just couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar long enough to get a new contract from a stupid GM. It's like the black guy who yells "Fuck da police!" at a cop who was about to let him off with a warning.

The media was starting to buy into his "I'm a good teammate and I support the coach's decision to make me a backup" bullshit even though you could see in his face how pissed he was, and now it's obvious he was just doing that to convince the other 31 NFL teams his attitude has finally come around (at age 34 :lmao).

When he got out of prison he immediately accepted a third string role behind McNabb and Kobb..

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
No Lyfe Pussy's takes are so vanilla, tbh:lol..

This nigga should be posting on an ESPN forum, tbh..

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 09:47 PM
When he got out of prison he immediately accepted a third string role behind McNabb and Kobb..

No shit. He just got out of prison, was upside down on everything he owned and had no choice. What the fuck does him taking the best job available at the time prove? That he's not clinically retarded?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 09:48 PM

:sleep

Explain how my opinion is less valid than yours?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
What the fuck does him taking the best job available at the time prove? That he's not clinically retarded?

Calm down tiger.. it's gonna be alright.

I just made a statement... just playing the Devils Advocate

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 09:51 PM

:lol the "He's been a great teammate for Foles this season!" is completely recycled ESPN commentary from a few weeks ago, the only way any opinion about Mike Vick could be more vanilla is either glorifying his 2010 season and pretending it's an accurate reflection on the rest of his mediocre career or glorifying the fact he :cryadopted a dog:cry as if that somehow exonerates him for electrocuting and drowning 60+ other dogs to death.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Calm down tiger.. it's gonna be alright.

I just made a statement... just playing the Devils Advocate

OK so it proves nothing. Glad we can clear that up.

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2014, 10:04 PM
:sleep

Explain how my opinion is less valid than yours?

You have vanilla takes, G, it's fine, tbh..

You're just part of the 90% of generic sports fans that listen to mainstream sports radio, watch ESPN shows and recycle shitty, mostly inaccurate, unoriginal opinions, tbh..

At least you're part of the large majority, so I wouldn't worry about it, tbh..you're just really vanilla..

JohnnyMax
01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Vicks been in the league for over 10 years and has not learned how to read defenses. He is still a 1 read QB.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Mike Vick also lost millions because he trusted some fat Asian lady who ran her "investing firm" out of her one bedroom house and didn't bother to find out that her rap sheet with the SEC is just as long as his rap sheet with PETA.

http://p.twimg.com/A4PicQtCIAE2nSw.png:large

:lmao:lmao:lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2014, 10:39 PM

You're just part of the 90% of generic sports fans that listen to mainstream sports radio, watch ESPN shows and recycle shitty, mostly inaccurate, unoriginal opinions, tbh..

At least you're part of the large majority, so I wouldn't worry about it, tbh..you're just really vanilla..

:lmao coming from the Broncos fan with Barry Bonds in his avatar.... oh the irony

JMarkJohns
01-02-2014, 07:10 AM
:lmao coming from the Broncos fan with Barry Bonds in his avatar.... oh the irony

How is this ironic?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-02-2014, 11:36 AM
How is this ironic?

calling me a "generic sports fan" that "listens to ESPN radio" and "being apart of the large majority"

JMarkJohns
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm failing to see an iota of irony in any of that. Harlem has dabbled in the stray "vanilla" or typical take, but I've always read them to be either sarcastic, advocacy, or pot-stirring for shits and giggles.

I don't read your stuff enough to call you typical, but wouldn't label vanilla of Harlem. Not purposefully. Not prosaically.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm failing to see an iota of irony in any of that. Harlem has dabbled in the stray "vanilla" or typical take, but I've always read them to be either sarcastic, advocacy, or pot-stirring for shits and giggles.

I don't read your stuff enough to call you typical, but wouldn't label vanilla of Harlem. Not purposefully. Not prosaically.

I'm simply referring to the parts that I stated and it is based off of him being a fan of Denver.

rayjayjohnson
01-03-2014, 07:32 AM

:lmao

DAF86
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Everybody will be looking to sign his ass after he wins superbowl MVP this year.

Creepn
01-03-2014, 01:21 PM

lol Seriously? The Raiders game was enough to prove the worth of a QB? My grandma could probably score at least 2 touchdowns with that crappy defense. Get outta here. Every time Foles came in after a Vick injury, he sucked balls and this was the first time he actually shined. I really don't see the problem with Vick's statement. He isn't throwing Foles under the bus, he is actually praising Foles. He has come to the conclusion that Foles is the better QB and will probably not start for the Eagles next year. "If all else fails", meaning if he can't find a starting job with other teams, he will be willing to play back up to Foles. He didn't say anything about competing for a starting job with the Eagles.