PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson's Undisputed Truth Is Worth Watching

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 07:53 AM
let's give the former champ our respects :toast he represented what we were all afraid of in ourselves...and in my view has a very big and loving heart despite the outer shell you see

j2xb4ZMOFF8

JIM LAMPLEY
01-02-2014, 08:48 AM
He's not boxed in for sure and when it comes to expressing oneself, he's a heavyweight.

Thread
01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I wished him and the Givens girl could have stayed together. They made an adorable couple.

johnsmith
01-02-2014, 10:36 AM
let's give the former champ our respects :toast he represented what we were all afraid of in ourselves...and in my view has a very big and loving heart despite the outer shell you see

j2xb4ZMOFF8

+1

Especially if you were a kid in the 80's. Tyson was like Jordan there for a short while to us.

tlongII
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
He's a very interesting person. I've watched the "Being Mike Tyson" episodes and found them to be fascinating.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Mike represented man in his rawest form...I also knew he was "crazy" but after he bit Holyfields ears he went before the Nevada boxing commission with Magic Johnson at his side...he had his little son sitting at the table with a pamper on no shirt on and hair all nappy....In front of the world the head of the Boxing Commission asked Mike why he did it...and Mike responded with :lol "Well it was a fight and I'm a nigga it's how I grew up just doing what niggas do."

I fell to the floor in laughter...but I also knew for as rough and raw as Mike was he was probably the most honest and sincere person sitting in that room despite how un-apologetically crass he was...he had more integrity than all those men he sat in front of judging him...:toast

johnsmith
01-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Mike represented man in his rawest form...I also knew he was "crazy" but after he bit Holyfields ears he went before the Nevada boxing commission with Magic Johnson at his side...he had his little son sitting at the table with a pamper on no shirt on and hair all nappy....In front of the world the head of the Boxing Commission asked Mike why he did it...and Mike responded with :lol "Well it was a fight and I'm a nigga it's how I grew up just doing what niggas do."

I fell to the floor in laughter...but I also knew for as rough and raw as Mike was he was probably the most honest and sincere person sitting in that room despite how un-apologetically crass he was...he had more integrity than all those men he sat in front of judging him...:toast

I think you're getting a little carried away here. I love Mike Tyson, but it's not as though his personality was some sort of "trick" to show how raw and "real" he is. The dude is an idiot. Most of the time, dumb people do dumb things...which is what he was/is.

Again, he's still one of my all time favorite athletes, but the dude is straight up retarded.

I still liked Roy Jones Jr more as a boxer though. Until he started getting knocked out cold on the regular.

Thread
01-02-2014, 12:01 PM
The dude is an idiot. Most of the time, dumb people do dumb things...which is what he was/is.

js

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 12:03 PM
I think you're getting a little carried away here. I love Mike Tyson, but it's not as though his personality was some sort of "trick" to show how raw and "real" he is. The dude is an idiot. Most of the time, dumb people do dumb things...which is what he was/is.

Again, he's still one of my all time favorite athletes, but the dude is straight up retarded.

I still liked Roy Jones Jr more as a boxer though. Until he started getting knocked out cold on the regular.

I didn't imply his personality was a trick...he was an idiot but I was pointing out that despite being an idiot at his core at least he was honest...he sat at that table being judged by men who were corrupt and knew Holyfield was on major steriods...

AchillesHeel
01-02-2014, 12:16 PM
He seems like a cool dude, but he's never been all there, imo. He's a real nigga no doubt, but he's done some stupid shit over the years. Seems like ever since he lost his good friend Pac(who got shot after the Seldon fight, where Mike knocked the nigga out cold in less than 2 minutes into the match) he's been falling off.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 12:30 PM
He seems like a cool dude, but he's never been all there, imo. He's a real nigga no doubt, but he's done some stupid shit over the years. Seems like ever since he lost his good friend Pac(who got shot after the Seldon fight, where Mike knocked the nigga out cold in less than 2 minutes into the match) he's been falling off.

Mike stopped being Iron Mike the day he went to prison....after he got out it's the reason Lennox Lewis was so eager to fight him then because he knew Mike was smoked out (Weed and Cocaine) and he was rusty....ask Lennox why he was scared to fight Mike from 1985-1990 (i've researched it) when he was at his absolute prime...Lennox was so afraid of Mike he refused to turn pro when he and Mike were the same age and in the same weight class...to me Lennox will always be a chicken heart

Trill Clinton
01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
i enjoyed undisputed. i heard some of the stories he told but a lot of the shit he said was brand new to me. i like to think of mike as a "smart dumb nigga". he's read a ton of books and has a thirst for knowledge, but he just does and says a lot of stupid shit.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 02:01 PM
i enjoyed undisputed. i heard some of the stories he told but a lot of the shit he said was brand new to me. i like to think of mike as a "smart dumb nigga". he's read a ton of books and has a thirst for knowledge, but he just does and says a lot of stupid shit.

just a different perpective...he's not educated in the worldly sense but he's smarter than people give him credit for...the fact that he's still alive is a testament to that

benefactor
09-04-2017, 05:48 PM
I enjoyed it. It felt very genuine and his self-deprecating way mixed with the humor was a nice touch.

SnakeBoy
09-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Mike stopped being Iron Mike the day he went to prison....after he got out it's the reason Lennox Lewis was so eager to fight him then because he knew Mike was smoked out (Weed and Cocaine) and he was rusty....ask Lennox why he was scared to fight Mike from 1985-1990 (i've researched it) when he was at his absolute prime...Lennox was so afraid of Mike he refused to turn pro when he and Mike were the same age and in the same weight class...to me Lennox will always be a chicken heart

Being afraid of prime Tyson just makes Lennox a smart chicken