PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather and Pacquiao agree to fight on Sept. 2014

Joyrider
01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532516/20140102/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather.htm#.UsWXHbR9zT0

Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao have already booked a date to settle the score once and for all. According to a source close to situation, the megabuck showdown between Moneyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532516/20140102/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather.htm#) May and the Pacman will finally take place in September 2014 after several failed attempts to arrange the biggest match in boxing history.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/middle/2013/11/22/430692-filipino-boxer-manny-pacquiao-warms-up-before-a-training-session-at-th.jpg
Floyd Mayweather is scheduled to fight Manny Pacquiao in Sept.

According to Latino Post (http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2654/20131231/boxing-news-2014-manny-pacquiao-vs-floyd-mayweather-guaranteed-to-happen-in-september.htm), Youtube Boxing channel 78Sports TV reported that the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao showdown is already a done deal. The source, who disclosed insider's information about Mayweather's upcoming fights with Robert Guerrero and Saul Canelo Alvarez before these bouts were actually announced, indicated that Money May has already agreed to terms with Pacquiao.
"Great news in the world of boxing. He [the source] is telling me that Floyd and Manny Pacquiao will be fighting in 2014 guaranteed and it's already done," the 78Sports anchor said in his 16-minute commentary on Youtube. "Everything else that you will see will be just theatrics from here on out. But the fight is already done"

Finally - The Showdown of the Century
The boxing world has been clamouring for the megabuck fight over the last five to six years. Disputes over blood testing and fight-purse sharing had been the stumbling blocks to get the fight done in the past. But now, it appears that Mayweather and his camp has had a change of heart, allowing Pacquiao to emerge as enticing opponent for the undefeated American boxer.
Two weeks ago, Mayweather stressed that he won't give Pacquiao any shot at his belts primarily because of the Filipino boxing star's association with Bob Arum's Top-Rank promotionshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532516/20140102/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather.htm#).
"We all know the Pacquiao fight, at this particular time, will never happen, and the reason why the fight won't happen is because I will never do businesshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532516/20140102/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather.htm#) with Bob Arum again in life, and Pacquiao is Bob Arum's fighter," Mayweather told FightHype.com.
"Bob Arum gives Pacquiao a date, whereas Floyd Mayweather gives Floyd Mayweather his own date. I will be fighting again in May and I will be fighting again in September."
However, there are rumours circulating that Pacquiao will be fighting Mayweather as a free-agent without any backings from Top-Rank promotions. The Pacman is under contract with Top-Rank until the end of 2014, though he could be represented by MP Promotions for that specific fight alone.
On the other hand, Mayweather is expected to announce his opponent in his May 3 event in MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Great Britain's top welterweight Amir Khan is the favourite to take on the Grand Rapids native in his Cinco de Mayo offering, but Marcos Maidana and Pacquiao have also gained momentum in the Money May sweepstakes, following their sensational wins in their latest bouts.
Maidana is fresh from a 12-round unanimous decision upset of pound-for-pound fighter Adrien Broner, while Pacquiao peppered Brandon Rios on his way to a unanimous decision victory inNovember in Macau, China (http://au.ibtimes.com/topics/detail/227/china/).

Anyone buys this actually finally happening?

AchillesHeel
01-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Need a legit source. This shit has happened 100 times before with Floyd eventually chickening out.

I'm a Money May fan, but when it comes to Pac he's always dodged him somehow.

RD2191
01-02-2014, 01:21 PM
78Sports? Really?

I. Hustle
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
AWESOME!!!! This is going to be the fight that makes 2011 kick ass!!!!!

Katherine Robinson
01-02-2014, 01:48 PM
I suppose it's good money for Mayweather to fight 2nd rate talent for a 1st rate purse.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-02-2014, 01:54 PM
I suppose it's good money for Mayweather to fight 2nd rate talent for a 1st rate purse.

Pacman is still one of the best boxers out

Trill Clinton
01-02-2014, 02:03 PM
nobody is interested in a money may and pacman fight anymore except the delusional pac fans who STILL think he can beat may. btw, check out the article about pacquiou getting robbed blind by arum. may tried to tell him to cut that devil out of the negotions but he didn't listen. say what you will about money may, but you can't deny his greatness and his business acumen. when you make it to the level he is, you should be your own boss.

‘$54-M discrepancy’ in Pacquiao PPV income
http://sports.inquirer.net/137545/54...iao-ppv-income

With his fan-friendly style and unparalleled ring accomplishments, Manny Pacquiao has established himself as a true pay-per-view (PPV) star, arguably next only to the trash-talking Floyd Mayweather Jr.
But how much did Pacquiao, boxing’s only titlist in eight different weight divisions, actually earn from enormous PPV numbers, especially those generated in megabouts with the likes of Oscar de la Hoya and Ricky Hatton?
Pacquiao himself wanted to know as early as 2011 when he granted his accountants then “unrestricted access to all documents and individuals within” his company, MP Promotions USA Inc. and Bob Arum’s Top Rank.
A report subsequently prepared by VisionQwest Accountancy Group indicated supposed discrepancies between PPV proceeds remitted to Top Rank by HBO, which televised Pacquiao’s fights, and those reported in Top Rank’s financialstatements.
$54-M discrepancy
Michael Joseph Cabuhat, VisionQwest executive vice president, estimated the alleged discrepancies at $54 million. The amount covered PPV figures in eight Pacquiao bouts in the United States.
Through Pacquiao’s lawyer Tranquil Salvador, the Inquirer asked the boxing superstar if he was aware of how much in PPV earnings he was supposed to get and was actually getting, from Top Rank. Pacquiao was also asked about the alleged $54-million discrepancy cited by his former accountants.
Salvador came back with an e-mail from Pacquiao’s “team,” saying the matters were “recycled issues that have been discussed by VisionQwest through the media over the past couple of years in an effort to discredit Bob Arum and Mike Koncz.”
“To date, Representative Pacquiao continues to trust his team of advisers,” the boxer’s camp added in the e-mail.
PPV earnings a tax issue
In an interview with the Inquirer, Cabuhat said that Pacquiao’s actual PPV earnings—if not properly declared—would have an impact on his current tax issues with the United States’ Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Because it could be that Pacquiao owes the US government much more than the estimated $18-million tax liability the IRS is now trying to collect from him, according to Cabuhat, whose firm examined the boxer’s finances from 2010 to 2011.
“Unfortunately, I had already declared his income tax and I wasn’t able to include that [PPV earnings] as part of their income,” he said.
BIR
In the Philippines, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is demanding around P2.2 billion in alleged back taxes from Pacquiao, and the purportedly undeclared PPV earnings could also affect the amount being collected from him here, according to a government tax expert.
The Inquirer source said the BIR could wait to see if Pacquiao would collect the PPV earnings from Top Rank.
“If he doesn’t complain [that he did not receive PPV shares], the BIR and IRS will still count that as his income,” the source said.
Funds owed to Pacquiao
Pacquiao signed a second contract with VisionQwest on July 18, 2011, supposedly because the boxer wanted to know how much he was getting in PPV earnings.
The contract gave VisionQwest “full access to documents prepared by Top Rank and to challenge any misstated financial statements; auditing of purse, perks, profit sharing, not limited to pay-per-view collection and to enforce contractual obligations and collect on funds owed to Emmanuel D. Pacquiao and/or MP Promotions USA Inc.”
Based on documents obtained by the Inquirer, Pacquiao’s December 2008 megabout with De la Hoya gave HBO a net profit of $31,996,576.
The amount HBO paid to Top Rank was $31,970,925, but the figure listed in Top Rank’s financial statement supposedly was only $5,468,174. The amounts represented a discrepancy (“out of balance”) of $26,502,751.
Cabuhat said the $5.47-million figure reported by Top Rank “reflected” the amount from which Pacquiao’s PPV earnings were computed.
After VisionQwest learned about the alleged PPV discrepancies, Cabuhat said his company wrote Pacquiao, telling him about the need to amend his 2009 and 2010 income tax returns.
But he claimed Koncz, Pacquiao’s business adviser, told him his firm “will no longer handle that.”

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/137545/54...#ixzz2opTnRS13

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 02:12 PM
dude is a chump tbh..getting fucked like that

CitizenDwayne
01-02-2014, 02:24 PM
nobody is interested in a money may and pacman fight anymore except the delusional pac fans who STILL think he can beat may.

Yup. I can't figure out why Mayweather wants to do it now. It seems like a lose-lose situation. If he wins, people will still accuse of him of backing down from Manny in the past; if he loses, he just lost to a much inferior fighter.

Katherine Robinson
01-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Pacman is still one of the best boxers out

Even in his prime, Manny Pacquiao is a mongloid bruiser along the lines of Hagler and Foreman.

CitizenDwayne
01-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Manny's 'adviser' is already denying this is happening, btw

Trill Clinton
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Yup. I can't figure out why Mayweather wants to do it now. It seems like a lose-lose situation. If he wins, people will still accuse of him of backing down from Manny in the past; if he loses, he just lost to a much inferior fighter.

i don't the the article is legit. may will fight khan or maidana next.

monosylab1k
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
3 years ago this would have been interesting, now it's pointless. Pac is over the hill and done, Mayweather would barely break a sweat working his ass all night. In Manny's prime he still would lose, but at least that fight would have been decent.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
3 years ago this would have been interesting, now it's pointless. Pac is over the hill and done, Mayweather would barely break a sweat working his ass all night. In Manny's prime he still would lose, but at least that fight would have been decent.

the first SWAM Korean Mix to make any sense

hehateme
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM

already signed to fight khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

hehateme
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
sorry, khan signed his side and for once i'll actually pull for money to win as khan needs to be punched in the face more...

benefactor
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
lol boxing

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 04:02 PM

It makes sense tbh...Maywahter fights Khan in April and beats his ass. Pac fights a sure win game, and the fight would get all the hype after that....

resistanze
01-02-2014, 04:03 PM
:lol Khan. I hope that's a joke.

I. Hustle
01-02-2014, 04:03 PM
lol boxing

What's lol about boxing?

Big Empty
01-02-2014, 04:14 PM
pacman is the only fighter on the planet that is quick enough to give mayweather a run for his money. people call him washed up but he schooled bradley and marquez happened to land a james buster douglas punch. its just an excuse mayweather fans make for mayweather when mayweather dodges pacman.

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
pacman is the only fighter on the planet that is quick enough to give mayweather a run for his money. people call him washed up but he schooled bradley and marquez happened to land a james buster douglas punch. its just an excuse mayweather fans make for mayweather when mayweather dodges pacman.

pacman doesn't have the power to beat Mayweather....that's all that will beat him tbh

Koolaid_Man
01-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Pacman's anger at Mayweather will work against him and he'll take a beating

DJR210
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Dat drug test

DAF86
01-03-2014, 01:07 AM
nobody is interested in a money may and pacman fight anymore except the delusional pac fans who STILL think he can beat may.

Are you more interested in seeing Mayweather fight Khan or Maidana than Pacquiao? GTFO :lol

Fight should have happened years ago but that doesn't mean it isn't the most anticipated matchup in boxing right now by a huge ass difference. I really hope that now that Pacquio seems to have slipped Mayweather finally cleaned the diarrhea of his panties and agrees to fight the midget.

Thebesteva
01-03-2014, 02:14 AM
He's fighting Bobby Pacquaio....completely different guy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1560695_10202239990154380_220371334_n.jpg

Thebesteva
01-03-2014, 02:14 AM
Are you more interested in seeing Mayweather fight Khan or Maidana than Pacquiao? GTFO :lol

Fight should have happened years ago but that doesn't mean it isn't the most anticipated matchup in boxing right now by a huge ass difference. I really hope that now that Pacquio seems to have slipped Mayweather finally cleaned the diarrhea of his panties and agrees to fight the midget.

Dont let Trill bother you, he can peel a banana with his feet tbh

Trill Clinton
01-03-2014, 09:49 AM

i'd rather see may fight maidana. honestly, there is no one who can beat mayweather. everybody thought canelo would be the one to do it but no sir!!! pacquia is washed up, doggie. get over it lol. he got beat by peanut head bradley got put to sleep by marquez.

the only reason pacquio is still fighting is to pay off his debts which he wouldn't have had if he would have taken mayweathers advice and dumped arum.

floyd's older than pacquaio and still kicking ass like he was in his 20's but :cry many is the one who has slipped and lost his edge in the ring :cry

DAF86
01-03-2014, 01:06 PM
i'd rather see may fight maidana. honestly, there is no one who can beat mayweather. everybody thought canelo would be the one to do it but no sir!!! pacquia is washed up, doggie. get over it lol. he got beat by peanut head bradley got put to sleep by marquez.

-Pacquiao beats the living shit out of Maidana and I tell you that like an Argie and a Maidana fan.

-Those thinking Canelo was going to beat Mayweather were delusional, specially with the catchweight. Floyd mocked catchweights all his life but now suddenly asked for one. :lol Everybody knows that Gayweather only takes fights when he's confident he's gonna win.

-Pacquiao lost against Bradley the same way Castillo lost to Mayweather in the first fight, only in the scorecards. And against Marquez Manny was winning 'till that one puch. In his last fight Manny looked pretty damn good, a lot better than what Khan (the guy that Mayweather is cherrypicking) has looked recently.

floyd's older than pacquaio and still kicking ass like he was in his 20's but :cry many is the one who has slipped and lost his edge in the ring :cry

It's easier to not get worn out when you are coward and your stupid fanbase let's you keep being a coward by buying your boring ass fights against cherrypicked opponents.

:cry "I'm retired", "I'm unretired", "I'm rich as fuck but my stupid monkey brain still gets me in jail", "Safety first", "I'm a rich coward", "What if I lose" :cry

Fabbs
01-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Dipstick waits until Pacman is wayy past prime.
So he can say "I beat Pacman".

Oh well, they both are making obscene money so why not.
:lol Boxing

Trill Clinton
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
-Pacquiao beats the living shit out of Maidana and I tell you that like an Argie and a Maidana fan.

-Those thinking Canelo was going to beat Mayweather were delusional, specially with the catchweight. Floyd mocked catchweights all his life but now suddenly asked for one. :lol Everybody knows that Gayweather only takes fights when he's confident he's gonna win.

-Pacquiao lost against Bradley the same way Castillo lost to Mayweather in the first fight, only in the scorecards. And against Marquez Manny was winning 'till that one puch. In his last fight Manny looked pretty damn good, a lot better than what Khan (the guy that Mayweather is cherrypicking) has looked recently.

It's easier to not get worn out when you are coward and your stupid fanbase let's you keep being a coward by buying your boring ass fights against cherrypicked opponents.

:cry "I'm retired", "I'm unretired", "I'm rich as fuck but my stupid monkey brain still gets me in jail", "Safety first", "I'm a rich coward", "What if I lose" :cry

Monkey Mayweather beat castillo TWICE...how many times did pacquio beat bradley? stop with the excuses for the 3rd world dummy who lets arum run his career which has caused him to be dead broke and fighting to pay off bills. fucking idiot.

Mayweather is the richest or one of the richest athletes in professional sports, has his own promotion company and keeps all the profits from his fights, not bad for a monkey brained nigga from the hoodhttp://i41.tinypic.com/30aumf7.png

when and if pacquio can beat bradley and drop that devil of a promoter he has in arum, then Monkey May will entertain the fight. Monkey May doesn't need the money, he's set for life while 3rd world manny is out here dodging the IRS and holding church service in a philipine garage.

Dipstick waits until Pacman is wayy past prime.
So he can say "I beat Pacman".

Oh well, they both are making obscene money so why not.
:lol Boxing

thanks for admitting that a younger pacquio is washed up and irrelevant while the older Monkey Mayweather is still beating whoever they put in front of him at the age of 36

Fabbs
01-03-2014, 02:43 PM
thanks for admitting that a younger pacquio is washed up and irrelevant while the older Monkey Mayweather is still beating whoever they put in front of him at the age of 36
Whats to "admit"? All athletes slow down at some point as they age. The same will happen to Mayweather. Are you going to be impressed if in 2018 some younger guy beats Mayweather in a money match?

:lol "Whoever they put in front of him."

Trill Clinton
01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Whats to "admit"? All athletes slow down at some point as they age. The same will happen to Mayweather. Are you going to be impressed if in 2018 some younger guy beats Mayweather in a money match?

:lol "Whoever they put in front of him."

2018??? floyd will be retired undefeated and swimming in his pool of gold coins like scrooge mcduck at that time.

Fabbs
01-03-2014, 03:13 PM
2018??? floyd will be retired undefeated and swimming in his pool of gold coins like scrooge mcduck at that time.
:lol you know how many other boxers had been heading down that same road?
Maybe Mayweather and his camp will do the right thing and walk away. Seems like so many rich pro athletes blow their dough and need to earn more when they should be in uber comfy retirement. Don't know if Mayweather likes to gamble but Vegas - The Mob are experts at ensnaring rich athletes. I hope May keeps those flys away.

DAF86
01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Monkey Mayweather beat castillo TWICE...how many times did pacquio beat bradley? stop with the excuses for the 3rd world dummy who lets arum run his career which has caused him to be dead broke and fighting to pay off bills. fucking idiot.

Mayweather is the richest or one of the richest athletes in professional sports, has his own promotion company and keeps all the profits from his fights, not bad for a monkey brained nigga from the hoodhttp://i41.tinypic.com/30aumf7.png

when and if pacquio can beat bradley and drop that devil of a promoter he has in arum, then Monkey May will entertain the fight. Monkey May doesn't need the money, he's set for life while 3rd world manny is out here dodging the IRS and holding church service in a philipine garage.

Should I take the fact that you didn't refute the "coward" part as you acknowledging that Mayweather has indeed ducked Pacquiao?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-03-2014, 07:15 PM
:td trill bringing the dickriding bads in this thread