PDA

View Full Version : funny manu ginobili story (so hilarious and sad too)

mute
01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I just remembered a funny Manu Ginobili story from a long time ago, and I thought I'd share. I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember (or if they simply don't remember it at all), but anyways, there was one time that a bat (yes, a BAT... as in those animals with fangs like a vampire) got loose in the SBC Center (or did it get it's name changed yet?) and it was flying around the courts and everyone was so scared. Play had to be stopped multiple times. Anyways, play was stopped because the bat was flying at a low level and guess what happened? Manu Ginobili slapped it out of mid flight and it fell to the ground, and then Manu went over and picked it up (haha can you believe it? gotta love Manu) and gave it to the guards or whatever.

Anyways, there was a huge outcry from the PETA and other animal rights groups calling for Manu's head. Manu ended up having to get upwards of like 8+ shots/medicaiton because the bat might have had rabies. I'm not entirely sure if a video exists or not, but people at the game saw it and this is (partly) where manu's nickname of Batmanu came from.

lefty
01-02-2014, 05:20 PM
ok

hehateme
01-02-2014, 05:20 PM
You lost me at bat

Dex
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
In other news, water has retained its aqueous properties.

testies
01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iloN1RPs4n0

mute
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iloN1RPs4n0

thanks! poor bat :(

exstatic
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I just remembered a funny Manu Ginobili story from a long time ago, and I thought I'd share. I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember (or if they simply don't remember it at all), but anyways, there was one time that a bat (yes, a BAT... as in those animals with fangs like a vampire) got loose in the SBC Center (or did it get it's name changed yet?) and it was flying around the courts and everyone was so scared. Play had to be stopped multiple times. Anyways, play was stopped because the bat was flying at a low level and guess what happened? Manu Ginobili slapped it out of mid flight and it fell to the ground, and then Manu went over and picked it up (haha can you believe it? gotta love Manu) and gave it to the guards or whatever.

Anyways, there was a huge outcry from the PETA and other animal rights groups calling for Manu's head. Manu ended up having to get upwards of like 8+ shots/medicaiton because the bat might have had rabies. I'm not entirely sure if a video exists or not, but people at the game saw it and this is (partly) where manu's nickname of Batmanu came from.

I don't remember any outcry from PETA. Bats carry some nasty ass diseases, and there are millions of them.

Spursfanfromafar
01-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Dude.. you think that folks here were born yesterday and have had no access to the internet before. Can the moderators please take care of OP's thread creating rights?

mute
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't remember any outcry from PETA. Bats carry some nasty ass diseases, and there are millions of them.

http://www.peta.org/blog/impressed-batmanu/

he got hell for it

hooperflash
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Manu is wearing those shoes this year.

mute
01-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Dude.. you think that folks here were born yesterday and have had no access to the internet before. Can the moderators please take care of OP's thread creating rights?

What are you talking about? I'm not even making random threads on off topic things. All of my threads have been Spurs related (including Game Threads, locker room stories, possible trade scenarios and signings, and past Spur events). I thought this was a funny story, and I wanted to share it with everyone since I know not EVERYONE has heard of this.

Ice009
01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
PINK THIS GUY already.

exstatic
01-02-2014, 05:33 PM

This.

exstatic
01-02-2014, 05:34 PM
PINK THIS GUY already.

This.

mute
01-02-2014, 05:41 PM
This.

Jeez... what's the big deal? I guess I won't make anymore threads if that makes you happy. I was only trying to add more content/news/lockerroom stories/stats/analysis to this forum and make it more lively.

Spursfanfromafar
01-02-2014, 05:49 PM
What are you talking about? I'm not even making random threads on off topic things. All of my threads have been Spurs related (including Game Threads, locker room stories, possible trade scenarios and signings, and past Spur events). I thought this was a funny story, and I wanted to share it with everyone since I know not EVERYONE has heard of this.

Several of your threads have ranged between being dumb or being stupid. Forgive me for saying so. The threads about your "sources", locker room stories etc in particular. You think folks here are fools to fall for your nonsense.

RD2191
01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Sigh. Bruno in 3...2...1...

Frank Dux
01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
http://www.peta.org/blog/impressed-batmanu/

he got hell for it

He got hell from PETA. Nobody who matters gave a shit.

mute
01-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Several of your threads have ranged between being dumb or being stupid. Forgive me for saying so. The threads about your "sources", locker room stories etc in particular. You think folks here are fools to fall for your nonsense.

Everything I've written has turned out to be true (Lebron-Duncan locker room story, Cousins-Elliott fiasco, Manu slapping a bat)... and not made up. Like I said before, I'm writer for a newspaper which serves one of the biggest towns in the US. I have a press pass and everything. When you interview as many people and have published as much as I have, you build up your sources and have a ton of contacts in the industry.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Everything I've written has turned out to be true (Lebron-Duncan locker room story, Cousins-Elliott fiasco, Manu slapping a bat)... and not made up. Like I said before, I'm writer for a newspaper which serves one of the biggest towns in the US. I have a press pass and everything. When you interview as many people and have published as much as I have, you build up your sources and have a ton of contacts in the industry.

Posting the classified ads does not make you a reporter...sorry bud.

Bruno
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Sigh. Bruno in 3...2...1...

My first fan. :tu

exstatic
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Posting the classified ads does not make you a reporter...sorry bud.

#winning

heyheymymy
01-02-2014, 06:29 PM
mute....

shut the fuck up for a sec, buddy.

RD2191
01-02-2014, 06:29 PM

:lol

heyheymymy
01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAOHof4GmM

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
:lol

heyheymymy
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
:hat:hat

hooperflash
01-02-2014, 07:16 PM

I too, am a fan... Thanks for bringing back Ian and Bruce , tbh .

Biernutz
01-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Buck Harvey looking for a story..........

ThaBigFundamental21
01-02-2014, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAOHof4GmM

Comedy gold here. But you stole this from me, I post this clip here lol. JK

Prime Time
01-02-2014, 07:30 PM
You're right, that was sad :cry:cry:cry:cry

Captivus
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
"old enough to remember"...wow...

skulls138
01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Jeez... what's the big deal? I guess I won't make anymore threads if that makes you happy. I was only trying to add more content/news/lockerroom stories/stats/analysis to this forum and make it more lively.
Don't listen to 'em mute. Great story. Didn't know about the PETA thing, idiots.

Budkin
01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
This HAS to be a fucking troll job. If not, kill him.

mute
01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
"old enough to remember"...wow...

kids are growing up fast these days with all of their technology and berrypods and its confusing the heck out of a old timer like me
i was over my familys house over the holidays and their 3yo (i kid you NOT) was operating an ipad like it was no big deal playing the games and shuffling their the interfaces

if you're anything like me, technology confuses the heck of me and makes me head hurt