PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Could Lakers become the new Knicks?

HI-FI
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
or have they already become Knicks-West since Fredo took over?:wow

I hear the Laker fans on here and elsewhere say they'll get any free agent they desire, but Lebron and the Begging shot that stupid idea down. They also claim that LA attracts anyone, yet NYC is a more interesting place to be and Knicks still struggle.

Then there is the notion that they can outspend everyone, yet once again Knicks spend thru the roof and it still doesn't mean shit.

So far I see LkrFan and others practically begging for another crooked lottery, even a shady trade to salvage them, but how much can Stern do for one franchise before it destroys the league's integrity? I understand the Federal Reserve has to prop up the Too Big to Fail banks but at some point it's going to destroy everything. Stern probably thought he gave them the ultimate gift with the 2002 WCF and later Pau, but to see them upset about not getting CP3 must really piss him off at their entitlement. He probably regrets not helping Knicks out more since their fans don't have the same welfare mindset.

So outside of something incredibly crooked to once again prop up the Hollywood TMZ team, could Lakers ultimately be the next Knicks, overspending to justify their prices yet none of it helping win championships? Would it be good for the league if Lakers' salad days are over? Will their bean3r fans go so crazy that they'll have to sacrifice fresh blood during the eclipse to appease them?

I just can't see Silver breaking the bank to save them like Stern. I think Silver will represent The Tribe better, and he's already said that Spurs should be more celebrated for what they've accomplished, so I like the cut of this nigga's jib tbh.

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 08:38 PM
:lol

DMC
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
They are the Knicks. They have a huge TV contract, their fans don't know shit about the game (booing their own players and cheering for the opponent; valuing scoring over team play) and they'll sell tickets regardless because people want to be seen at the game, not necessarily see the game.

Clipper Nation
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Fredo is the new Dolan, tbh.... a naive "born on third, thinks he hit a triple" type still living in the old CBA and blind to the realities of team construction in today's league....

HI-FI
01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
They are the Knicks. They have a huge TV contract, their fans don't know shit about the game (booing their own players and cheering for the opponent; valuing scoring over team play) and they'll sell tickets regardless because people want to be seen at the game, not necessarily see the game.
http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-giving-thumbs-up-sign.gif

Budkin
01-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Too late.

Thread
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Fredo is the new Dolan, tbh.... a naive "born on third, thinks he hit a triple" type still living in the old CBA and blind to the realities of team construction in today's league....

Though without him we're light by 2. He insisted on drafting Bynum. He insisted on not trading Bynum when Kobe insisted.

That, I said that is how it got:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Rogue
01-03-2014, 02:56 AM
LA doesn't have Yankees or Mets to take a lion share of the sports market so even if the team continues to suck balls for several years in a row, the fans will still be buying tickets to watch them play at the Staples imho.

Bynumite
01-03-2014, 03:02 AM
I wouldn't mind LAL becoming the new Knicks if that means we can run a train on the spurs homecourt.

Reck
01-03-2014, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't mind LAL becoming the new Knicks if that means we can run a train on the spurs homecourt.

:lol Taking whatever he can get since Lakers are utter garbage.

Spurs always drop one against the Knicks.

Last year they also got destroyed by the Knicks.

HI-FI
01-03-2014, 03:25 AM
:lol
always salty