PDA

View Full Version : Barking dog

Kori Ellis
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
I love dogs, but there's a dog in my neighborhood (I'm guessing one house behind me and one house over) that barks almost 24-7. I thought maybe it was new to the neighborhood, so I gave it some time to get acclimated. But damn, it's been a month now and it literally barks about 20 hours a day.

What should I do? Go tell the owners something? Give it some meat? Buy a barking collar, jump over the fence, and put it on the dog?

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Tell the owners to shut it the hell up. If they don't, throw some hot grease on it.

I'm just playing, don't do that.

Zombie
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
You want me to pick up some Antifreeze for ya? :lol

Kori Ellis
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't want to kill the dog. I just want it to be quiet for a few hours a day.

Samr
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Walmart. For about 30 bucks you can get a generic Daisy Red Ryder and a pack of BBs. The Daisy isn't powerful enough to penitrate the skin- as is suggested by its name- so it won't leave a mark, and also doubles as a bird extricator and cheap entertainment when Timvp arrives home late and you have a bit of misplaced anger or a high BAC level.

The dog next to us used to bark. USED to.

Zombie
07-31-2005, 10:49 PM
My dog died a few months ago. Meaning I have a 100 dollar bark collar that is not being used....maybe i should put it on Sequ
May I suggest you wear it yourself! :lol

TheWriter
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Just talk to the owners, see why its barking. Dogs don't bark for the hell of it, there's always a reason for the madness.

Kori Ellis
07-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Just talk to the owners, see why its barking. Dogs don't bark for the hell of it, there's always a reason for the madness.

Yeah I know. I'm thinking they might have it tied up. I'll have to look over the fences and investigate.

tsb2000
07-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Reminds me of the Sopranos episode, "Whoever did this," where a "tragic, electrical fire" killed Tony's horse, Pie-O-My.

"It is terrible....whoever did this." :)

Zombie
07-31-2005, 10:53 PM
Talk to your Neighbors, are you mad????? :elephant

Samr
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Take your tv, grab an extention cord, set it up facing into the dog's yard, and pop in tapes of games 1-7 in the NBA Finals. That'll make him go right to sleep.

;)

ZStomp
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
May I suggest?

http://www.gunfactory.ch/faustfw/images/glock17-22.JPG

TheWriter
07-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Reminds me of the Sopranos episode, "Whoever did this," where a "tragic, electrical fire" killed Tony's horse, Pie-O-My.

"It is terrible....whoever did this." :)

So you watched HBo today I see.

snyderman
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM
buy a mexican hairless dog (they dont' bark) glue some hair on it, and "replace" the barking dog.

its fool proof.

Summers
08-01-2005, 01:59 AM
I say try talking to the neighbors before you break out the ammo :lol. You can also try calling the police. Nothing like the cops knocking at your at 3 am to let you know your barking dog is disturbing the neighbors.

Now, I don't recommend this, because it's mean, but we had this exact same problem when we first moved into our new apartment a couple years ago. The neighbor's dog was tied up at night because they don't really have a fence. And the dog barked non-stop all night. The dog was kind of retarded, I think, like maybe it got heat-stroke as a puppy... I'm not kidding. It tried to pee on people all the time. Anyway, we tried talking the neighbors, but the problem persisted. So one night, my husband walked over there and untied the dog. They started bringing the dog in at night.

TheWriter
08-01-2005, 02:01 AM
It tried to pee on people all the time.

I guess all dogs are retarded... lol

iminlakerland
08-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Kori there should be a city ordinance against owners that allow their dogs to bark non stop and cause a nuisance to the neighboring homes. The city i believe investigates as to what the cause may be and gives the owners a chance to take care of the problem, and if they dont the dog can be taken from them. Atleast that is what happens out here, not sure about san antonio, but im sure they got something like that there.

TheTruth
08-01-2005, 03:12 AM
I'd go with ZStomps recommendation.

Taco
08-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Do you have a H.O.A.?

Report it to them and they'll send a nice little letter

Ginofan
08-01-2005, 07:32 AM
There's a couple of dogs next to Jekka's place that ALWAYS ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS bark at anything that moves...they scare the daylights out of me when I'm walking to the door in the dark! I think in one drunken moment of intelligence, I suggested we light them on fire.

mouse
08-01-2005, 07:41 AM
print out a noise ordanance warning on your printer..
make sure you put that it is warning #1 and after warning #3 they will have to pay a 2,500.00 fine. Pin the note to the front door.

If not call the animal abuse hotline from a pay phone, tell them you think there is a dog in pain, or in trouble, maybe after they get a visit or two , they may bring in the dog.

Mijo
08-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I recently moved to a brand new neighborhood and I brought my Catahoula with me. She barked and howled so much it was annoying me, so I figured my neighbors couldn't be too happy either. I now have her signed up for 6 weeks of obedience training but in the meantime I took her back to the old house (which I still own) where she is comfortable.

bigzak25
08-01-2005, 09:31 AM
"maybe he's trying to tell you something..."

http://parragrafs.typepad.com/parra_grafs/images/ap_son_of_sam_021009_nv.jpeg

MannyIsGod
08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
There's a couple of dogs next to Jekka's place that ALWAYS ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS bark at anything that moves...they scare the daylights out of me when I'm walking to the door in the dark! I think in one drunken moment of intelligence, I suggested we light them on fire. I took out the garbage just now - nonstop fucking barking. Not to mention the fact that there's like 7 of them at that house, and as I just found out, one in the yard directly behind them that eggs them on. My landlord has offered to give them poisoned steaks.

-Jekka

SWC Bonfire
08-01-2005, 09:57 AM
My landlord has offered to give them poisoned steaks.

Beware the "tainted weenie".

SWC Bonfire
08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Seriously, if you have problems with dogs, you should be speaking with their owners. Make them be responsible for their pets.

mouse
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Any up dates on this barking dog? or should we all just wonder the rest of our lives on what took place? :lmao

The sone
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Beware the "tainted weenie".

did someone tell you about my nickname at band camp?? :oops

tlongII
08-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Give it some Doggy Downers.

ShoogarBear
08-08-2005, 07:54 PM
I thought this was going to be about the Barking Dog play. Anybody remember that one?

1. The Barking Dog Trick. One time I was watching SportsCenter and they showed a highlight from what was either a high school or junior high basketball game. This kid was on the right baseline and suddenly he bolted for the door, ran through the lobby and came back into the gym through the door on the left baseline. Needless to say, he was wide open. His teammate threw him the ball, Stu Scott yelled "Holla!" and the kid buried a jumper. I thought it was the greatest thing ever until I saw the Barking Dog Trick. You remember the highlight: last second of a high school game, a kid drops down on all fours and starts barking like a dog. Opponents can't help but watch, and the dogboy's teammates take advantage of their disinterest to score the winning basket.

It's pure genius, but I always felt bad for the kid who had to bark. If your coach tells you to assume a canine position at a pivotal point in a game, that's pretty much an indication that he doesn't exactly consider you to be clutch. It reminds me of a great routine Bill Cosby used in his standup. He's talking about the complex plays his pals used to draw up when they played football in the street. The QB tells him, "Cosby, you go down to 3rd Street, catch the J Bus and have them open the doors at 19th Street. I'll fake it to you." Fabulous.
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/mark_bechtel/07/20/bechtel.blog/)

Kori Ellis
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Any up dates on this barking dog? or should we all just wonder the rest of our lives on what took place? :lmao

It's still barking.
:lmao

Not as much as before, but it goes through stages. I think it's a new dog and getting used to its environment. So I'm going to let it go for another week or so.

Thanks for asking.

Sense
08-08-2005, 08:06 PM
May I suggest?

http://www.gunfactory.ch/faustfw/images/glock17-22.JPG

http://www.advanced-armament.com/images/products/p22_dummy.jpg

YOU NEED A SILENCER!

C'mon now.. don't wake up the neighbors...

Nah, but seriously.. tell them you work alot and that you need some sleep...

Talk to da neighbors.

Horry For 3!
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Sucks for you. Thats the thing I hate about dogs, when they bark, it is fucking annoying. I have 3 dogs well 2 of them are my step-dad and 1 is my bros. When a doorbell rings no matter on tv or here, they start barking. If they see another dog, they won't stop for a long time. So I yell "shut tha fuck up!" it ususally works most of the time.

Sense
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
A broom can fix it if it's yours...

NZHayden
08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
my dog has been impounded 3 times for excessive barking. call your local dog pound if u have one and have them come round it up, i've learnt my lesson $120 to get my dog out.
a bark collar is also good. but even better is a water gun, water kind of makes the dog relise its doing something wrong and itll eventually stfu. but ur nt allowed to let the dog see you when squirting it