PDA

View Full Version : Pink Eye

Dre_7
07-31-2005, 11:42 PM
Okay, I work with kids (Middle Schoolers) so I am used to catching things now and then. Well For the past few days I have been sick. I feel better now, but, my eye has been kinda sore. A friend says I might have pink eye or something. Well, Ive never had it. Anyone here had it before? If so, is it crappy, or not too bad? Dont feel like missing any more work then I already have. AHHHH!!!!!!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-31-2005, 11:44 PM
Might I just recommend not searching "Pink Eye" under Google Images with Safesearch off.

snyderman
it's not too bad, just irritating. itchy eyes and congestion and stuff. its really contagious, and sometimes if you close your eyes to long your eyelids stick together. :depressed

E20
OMG I had last summer horrible. I'm like oh shit what's wrong with my eyes. So I keep on itching them thikning it's nothing. Finally after two weeks of unhappiness I go to my mom and tell her my eye is red and sore. She says tell your brother to look at it. So the I go to the doctor if he gives me some eye drops then I'm cured.

Kori Ellis
If you have it, it's contagious so you probably shouldn't work and probably need antibotic drops.

Dre_7
07-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Wack!

Oh well. I think I will see the doctor tommarrow if it is any worse.

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2005, 11:46 PM
My old-school mexican grandma once told me that you only catch pink eye if watch a dog take a shit. :lol

She was crazy as hell.

SpursWoman
07-31-2005, 11:50 PM
My old-school mexican grandma once told me that you only catch pink eye if watch a dog take a shit. :lol

She was crazy as hell.

Then mine must have been crazy, too...she used to tell me the exact same thing. That, and that drinking coffee will make me turn black. I've been trying, and trying....but I'm still white of glow-in-the-dark proportions. :lol

If you wake up in the morning and your eye lashes are stuck together with gunk, you have conjunctivitis (pink eye). A warm wet wash cloth or cotton balls to gently clean your eyes and get to the doctor asap, you're super-contagious and you do need antibiotic eyedrops.

I used to get that constantly. :fro

Oh, and don't share makeup. :lol :lol

E20
07-31-2005, 11:52 PM
The stupid thing was I couldn't do shit.

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Then mine must have been crazy, too...she used to tell me the exact same thing.

God bless old mexican women.

SpursWoman
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM

She was the white mother/grandmother who lived on the southwest side and learned to make the best Mexican food ever from all of the Mexican ladies in the neighborhood. God bless the old Mexican women in my grandmother's neighborhood, because she passed that talent onto me & my mother.

:lol

Horry For 3!
08-01-2005, 01:58 AM
I think i've had Pink Eye before.

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Then mine must have been crazy, too...she used to tell me the exact same thing. That, and that drinking coffee will make me turn black. I've been trying, and trying....but I'm still white of glow-in-the-dark proportions. :lol

:lmao :lmao
omg.. your not the only one!! I have super white legs!!
Thankfully they stay tan once I pick up some sun (without having to re-sun, they'll stay tan all summer long) - but during the winter they are soooooooooo white.

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 08:23 AM
I had pink eye, in 3rd grade. BOTH eyes.
ewwwwwwwwww.
they swolled up and closed, they weeped all this nast goey shit, and they itched like hell!! Oh if only they made calamine lotion for your eye balls!! That would've been heaven.....
try to get the pills from the doc that make you sleepy.. cause your definatly gonna want to sleep thru the nastiest part of a pink eye infection.

desflood
08-01-2005, 08:37 AM
My husband's grandmother forbid us from letting our first son look in a mirror in her house... so he didn't give himself the evil eye. I was also forbidden from going outside during the full moon while pregnant.

Shelly
08-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I had pink eye when I was in my early 20s. In fact, I also had the chicken pox when I was 22. What's up with that?

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I had pink eye when I was in my early 20s. In fact, I also had the chicken pox when I was 22. What's up with that?

did you have chicken pox as a child? If not that's most likely why you caught it later on....the older you get he worse it is... if you have it in your 30's you could actually die from it.
Also since you were older, you have a higher chance of gettign shingles when your old old. (it's the same virus)

travis2
08-01-2005, 09:08 AM
did you have chicken pox as a child? If not that's most likely why you caught it later on....the older you get he worse it is... if you have it in your 30's you could actually die from it.
Also since you were older, you have a higher chance of gettign shingles when your old old. (it's the same virus)

I had chicken pox as a kid...and then I had shingles when I was in college. :cry

mouse
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
My grandma once told me that you only catch pink eye if watch a dog take a shit.

what do you get if you watch them fuck? :lmao

SpursWoman
08-01-2005, 09:11 AM
I had chicken pox as a kid...and then I had shingles when I was in college. :cry

They have a vaccine for it now (chicken pox) so supposedly my son will never get it. My daughter got it before she was old enough for it (1 year I think) ... at the ripe old age of 9 months. That was my very first Mother's Day present.

:fro

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
They have a vaccine for it now (chicken pox) so supposedly my son will never get it. My daughter got it before she was old enough for it (1 year I think) ... at the ripe old age of 9 months. That was my very first Mother's Day present.

:fro

kinda like the flu shot?
Casue that thing is a load of shit.
I got it last year casue I was "caring for a newborn".. and I still got the flu.. and I got it worse then I usually get it. :(

Isabella is 16 months old (this coming saterday) and I swear she must've gotton like 200 shots allready.. wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more then I ever got. the only major illness I had as a child was Chicken Pox and Hand foot and mouth disease at the same time.. it lasted 3 weeks. And I think I only had 40 shots from birth to age 10. no biggie.
But nowadays they are always shootign somethign into my kid,, and then come to find out some vac's still have mercury in them..... ugh.
I'm pretty skeptical.. but not activist enough to not give my kids vac's.

Shelly
08-01-2005, 09:22 AM

No, I didn't have them as a child and yes I know you can get shingles from it later on.

My kids had them at the same time. I have also told my son's middle school 3 times that he's had them and doesn't need the vaccine. This is even after the nurse called me to verify.

ETA--that sounded kinda snotty, Obi. Not my intention! :)

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
No, I didn't have them as a child and yes I know you can get shingles from it later on.

My kids had them at the same time. I have also told my son's middle school 3 times that he's had them and doesn't need the vaccine. This is even after the nurse called me to verify.

ETA--that sounded kinda snotty, Obi. Not my intention! :)

:lol I didn't think it was snotty!!

Dre_7
08-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, toady I woke up and the sorness was gone. I guess my friend was wrong afterall. No Pink Eye! Thank Goodness!!! Whew.