PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Is Jason Kidd the Dumbest NBA Head Coach Ever?

Calispursfan11
01-04-2014, 08:14 AM
The idiotic statements

http://chasing23.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dumb-jason-kidd.jpg

The blank empty head look...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/003/458/977/hi-res-453369221-brooklyn-nets-head-coach-jason-kidd-looks-on-during-the_crop_650.jpg?1386376651

The attempted gimmicks in place of coaching prowess

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/634/407/ScreenShot2013-11-27at10.24.06PM_crop_north.png?w=759&h=506&q=75

Ego firing/demoting his only friend and the only guy who could have righted the ship

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Lawrence-Frank-J-Kidd.jpg

IS JASON KIDD THE DUMBEST NBA HEAD COACH EVER? DISCUSS...

Thread
01-04-2014, 08:17 AM
He's finding out how it feels to have a player quit on him. He's only been on the quitter end.

Calispursfan11
01-04-2014, 08:19 AM
He's finding out how it feels to have a player quit on him. He's only been on the quitter end.

Haven't all his players quit on him, or are some still in his corner tbh?

Reck
01-04-2014, 08:29 AM
LOL @the 360 degree comment.

irishock
01-04-2014, 08:45 AM
He's one of the classiest players, and one of the biggest douches in league history, at the same time.

Thread
01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
^

Sportcamper
01-04-2014, 09:20 AM
No way is he dumb… Kidd has an eye for the game as demonstrated by his sensational play making abilities…The problem is that Kidd speaks as though he grew up in prison giving the impression that he is a cement head…He should learn to just smirk like Phil Jackson does when he doesn’t know the answer, giving the illusion that he is on a higher intellectual plane…Also during games when his team is getting blown out he should stand up and fold his arms showing off his fine tailored Italian suit ala Byron Scott…It would also help if Kidd would shower & shave before games…He really looks like a crazy slob…

AchillesHeel
01-04-2014, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHqXC6XqyE

coach Nick points out how J.Kidd has no idea how to direct a defense and that he's putting on a show

RsxPiimp
01-04-2014, 09:37 AM
^ Yeah. he ain't dumb. Just another great player that failed to translate his success as a coach.

Thread
01-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Except for that idiot Heel this is 8 of the best posts I've ever borne witness to.

AchillesHeel
01-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Butthurt.

Bill_Brasky
01-04-2014, 10:12 AM
I think the results speak for themselves.

Thread
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
^He's being rinsed by Media. They will not cast KG & Pierce down, nor D. Williams by association. Media has been told by Stern in NYC that the reputations of KG & Pierce will be protected & preserved.

apalisoc_9
01-04-2014, 11:02 AM
No.

D-Wade
01-04-2014, 01:38 PM
No way is he dumb… Kidd has an eye for the game as demonstrated by his sensational play making abilities…The problem is that Kidd speaks as though he grew up in prison giving the impression that he is a cement head…He should learn to just smirk like Phil Jackson does when he doesn’t know the answer, giving the illusion that he is on a higher intellectual plane…Also during games when his team is getting blown out he should stand up and fold his arms showing off his fine tailored Italian suit ala Byron Scott…It would also help if Kidd would shower & shave before games…He really looks like a crazy slob…

:lol

irishock
01-04-2014, 01:39 PM
No.

Ok

tlongII
01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
He's an idiot. Everyone knew that when he was at Cal. He should never have been admitted.

DMC
01-04-2014, 02:38 PM
He's not nearly as dumb as the idiot who hired him.

Venti Quattro
01-04-2014, 03:00 PM

We all know Prokorhov was always an idiot, but Jason Kidd surprised everyone at how bad he is at coaching a team.

CitizenDwayne
01-04-2014, 03:07 PM

Yup. You hire a coach with literally no experience, you deserve this shit.

Thread
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Yup. You hire a coach with literally no experience, you deserve this shit.

You can't coach decrepit. Only the legend(s) and contract(s) remain. But, Media won't touch that. No way,,,not with a 5 or a 50 feet foot pole. It's verboten and that is straight out of NYC.

This is Kidd's shit sandwich. He's the fall guy.

& honestly? Kidd doesn't mind. He'll soldier for Stern. He owes for all of his trespasses that Stern left alone. He got the job, it didn't turn out and he will not backsass. The marker got called and he's honoring it.

DMC
01-04-2014, 03:23 PM
We all know Prokorhov was always an idiot, but Jason Kidd surprised everyone at how bad he is at coaching a team.

He has absolutely zero coaching experience, none. Telling people where to go on the court isn't the same as knowing what sets to run and how to organize and manage a team of egos.

Thread
01-04-2014, 03:25 PM
He has absolutely zero coaching experience, none. Telling people where to go on the court isn't the same as knowing what sets to run and how to organize and manage a team of egos.

Talking points & marching orders straight out of central Media.

DMC
01-04-2014, 03:25 PM
You can't coach decrepit. Only the legend(s) and contract(s) remain. But, Media won't touch that. No way,,,not with a 5 or a 50 feet foot pole. It's verboten and that is straight out of NYC.

This is Kidd's shit sandwich. He's the fall guy.

& honestly? Kidd doesn't mind. He'll soldier for Stern. He owes for all of his trespasses that Stern left alone. He got the job, it didn't turn out and he will not backsass. The marker got called and he's honoring it.
Doesn't mind? He's getting paid to do something he's not qualified to do and isn't doing. We could coach via poll better than he's coaching or at least as effectively right now. There's no reason for Kidd to mind.

DMC
01-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Talking points & marching orders straight out of central Media.

Blaming the media?

Venti Quattro
01-04-2014, 03:32 PM

Good point, but point guards of his caliber have been branded with some level of expectation that they're gonna have a knack for this since they are the "coach's extension" and they help set the table for 4 people and egos in the court.

I guess I'm just stupefied at how Jason Kidd hasn't lived up to his potential as a coach.

DMC
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Good point, but point guards of his caliber have been branded with some level of expectation that they're gonna have a knack for this since they are the "coach's extension" and they help set the table for 4 people and egos in the court.

I guess I'm just stupefied at how Jason Kidd hasn't lived up to his potential as a coach.

I guess neither has Mike Woodson and he's been coaching for years. This is the first year for Kidd. He's pretty much been thrown into the raging waters and told to sink or swim, and he pretty much asked for it. It could be a very short coaching career for him, or if they turn it around, it could artificially prop him up as the next Lakers' head coach.

lmbebo
01-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Don't think its a lack of experience...

1) Mark Jackson went into coaching without any HC experience (as far as I know). Just did awful tv commentary before hand. I think pat riley followed a similar path.

2) I think he got himself into a high pressured cooker situation. Nets with all there over the hill veterans, over paid talent and chronically injured talent, were looking for too much.

3) No help on the bench or help that he's not listening too. One can argue that Lawrence Frank wasn't a great choice, but maybe Kidd is just too ignorant to accept help.

I don't think Kidd is an awful HC, just think he's too inexperienced and got himself involved in the wrong situation.

I think he needed a younger team with no expectations. Somewhere where he could also grow. He needed better people on the bench next to him.

Thread
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I think he needed a younger team with no expectations.

& Media woulda ate it alive. They'd have no problem with that and nary a need for direction from NYC. He'd be set.

Joyrider
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
As someone said earlier, Kidd would have done much better on a rebuilding team full of young players who would want to listen to him. Not a bunch of washed up vets who were playing against him no more than 3 years ago.

Thebesteva
01-04-2014, 07:59 PM
The idiotic statements

http://chasing23.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dumb-jason-kidd.jpg

The blank empty head look...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/003/458/977/hi-res-453369221-brooklyn-nets-head-coach-jason-kidd-looks-on-during-the_crop_650.jpg?1386376651

The attempted gimmicks in place of coaching prowess

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/634/407/ScreenShot2013-11-27at10.24.06PM_crop_north.png?w=759&h=506&q=75

Ego firing/demoting his only friend and the only guy who could have righted the ship

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Lawrence-Frank-J-Kidd.jpg

IS JASON KIDD THE DUMBEST NBA HEAD COACH EVER? DISCUSS...

It seemed obvious at the moment I heard he retired as an NBA player then became a coach that this had nightmare written all over it. When in sports history has an athlete retired from a sport and become a coach the following season? Shitty move by a shitty Russian

Thread
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
It seemed obvious at the moment I heard he retired as an NBA player then became a coach that this had nightmare written all over it. When in sports history has an athlete retired from a sport and become a coach the following season? Shitty move by a shitty Russian

Then you should have said something at that time.

Thebesteva
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Then you should have said something at that time.

I did, you weren't listening

Thread
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I did, you weren't listening

Please.

Rogue
01-04-2014, 09:06 PM
there's no doubt about Kidd's basketball knowledge. Dude had always been the smartest player on court when he was playing, but it also takes man-managing ability to make a good head coach which Kidd severely lacks. Bald dude can't even manage his own family well imho.